how long until all software is ready for 11.0?

we all know by now that the opensuse 11 repositories are getting more
and more software added each day, but long until all the current
software which is available through the 1click installs will be readily
available to suse 11? will it all be ready for the release,or is this
something that may be weeks/months after the release? sorry in advance
if this should go in off topic area...i wasn't quite sure.

i have just done a search for wifi-radar (the program i use with suse
10.3 for wireless connection) for suse 11 and it's not there, so was
just wondering. or will not all of this software be available for the
new release? after looking on packman for a few things, some software
is available for 11, and some is not.

thanks for taking time to read post,

cheers in advance,

Ross.

--
thestig

thestig

For the Build Service repositores every maintainer has to add an
openSUSE 11.0 build target manually. If you miss something something
for 11.0 which builds for 10.3 just ask the maintainer to let it also
build for 11.0.

--
Beineri
Beineri's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=108

0
Beineri
6/8/2008 2:08:41 PM
*should* all be ready by the release date, but, obviously some software
will take a bit longer,due to the size of the repositories & their
content

Andy

--
'SETI Team'
(http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=131759)

SuSE user since 7.0 linux user since 1995
To be is to do: Immanuel Kant
To do is to be: Descartes
Do be do be do : Frank Sinatra
deltaflyer44's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=95
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385360

0
deltaflyer44
6/8/2008 2:08:41 PM
thanks guys. boosted my confidence so i think an earlier switch to 11.0
is in order. will wait about 9-10days after release date i think. :)

--
thestig
thestig's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=146
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385360

0
thestig
6/8/2008 8:48:39 PM
thestig;1814704 Wrote:
> thanks guys. boosted my confidence so i think an earlier switch to 11.0
> is in order. will wait about 9-10days after release date i think. :)

Actually, quite a lot of software is already in 11.0 repositories
(there were several Rather Large Additions over the weekend; I updated
from RC1 and the updates totaled over a gigabyte and over one
*thousand* packages, including a kernel update and a new non-PAE
kernel).  There is a repository specifically for 11.0 bits that is
accessible (you can keep the Factory repository also, if you want items
that haven't transitioned yet).

A Shocking Surprise: I attempted to use the newer non-PAE kernel, as my
CPU (P4 2.6 Northwood-C) doesn't support PAE; however, that turned out
to be a Major Error, as my version of the ATI (closed-source) 8.5
Catalyst (fglrx) driver was compiled against the PAE kernel (the two
kernels are supposedly the same otherwise).  However, the differences
are major enough to cause things to break (GNOME refused to start, for
example).  Also, there are still two bugs in those same drivers that
were present in 8.4:

1.  Applications that use XComposite features (some parts of
Compiz-Fusion and Google Earth 4.3 beta, for example) will exhibit
artifacting.  The applications will otherwise perform normally.

2.  OpenGL-based games (such as Quake3Arena and openarena) will crash
and lock up if XComposite is set to "enable" or "true" (this setting is
required for Compiz-Fusion).

--
PGHammer
PGHammer's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=192
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385360

0
PGHammer
6/9/2008 10:06:04 PM
Moved thread to Pre-Release/Beta

--
harryc56
harryc56's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=79
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385360

0
harryc56
6/10/2008 1:36:03 AM
thestig;1814543 Wrote:

> i have just done a search for wifi-radar (the program i use with suse
> 10.3 for wireless connection) for suse 11 and it's not there,

Get the 10.3 wifi-radar src.rpm

Build it on 11.0 with:

Code:
--------------------
    rpmbuild --rebuild /path/packagename.src.rpm
--------------------

The resulting rpm will be in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/x86_64

should work:)

Have you tried 'Webpin' (http://packages.opensuse-community.org/?)

--
nForce5, AMD 5600+; Sager 4750V, AMD 3700+; both openSUSE 11.0 rc1
x86-64
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385360

0
snakedriver

Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 AND 11.0 EBF's
X86 Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ChuckGo No. EBFs should only be applied against the MR that it is intended. The 1598 EBF is intended for 11.0.0. And EBF for 11.0.1 is pending. - chris Charles.Gogolin@stanleyassociates.com wrote: > X86 > > Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 > > Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 > > Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ...

help upgrading from 11.0 to 11.2
hello, everyone.. it's been some time since i've posted in the forums, since my system has been near flawless since my linux conversion.. i'm running opensuse 11.0 on a dell laptop.. i want to upgrade to 11.2, however, i am very cautious about losing my files. there are files on this system which i absolutely can not afford to lose, and they are only on this system. i need help figuring out which method of upgrade will be the best, best as in safest. i've been looking through the forums, and my question has not been answered yet...thus, i must ask the question ...

Maintenance Release, Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1
After installing upgrade 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 am unable to use DBSVC: /sqlanywhere11/bin32/dbsvc_scripts/dbsvc_iface: line 16: /lib/lsb/init-functions: No such file or directory This utility requires /etc/init.d/functions or /etc/rc.status If I undo the install then the dbsvc works fine. Installed redhat-lsb and seems to work. ...

HotSwap! version 5.0.0.0 (11/11/2009)
HotSwap! is a utility to add or remove SATA drives without rebooting. Handy if you use an external SATA drive. Updated to version 5.0.0.0 (11/11/2009) http://mt-naka.com/hotswap/index_enu.htm Version 5.0.0.0 (11/11/2009) * New feature to support Windows 7. * New feature to support Chinese. (Thanks to Justin Tsai for Chinese translation) * New feature to support Italian. (Thanks to Luca Longone for Italian translation) * New feature to support Spanish. (Thanks to Esteban Fern�ndez for Spanish translation) * New feature to support ERRORLEVEL in the...

Install 11.1RC1 messed up 11.0 install -- help
I loaded opensuse 11.1 RC1 live CD last night to see how it worked. I got stuck configuring the network card. It seemed that the network switch was off and wouldn't turn on so that even though the firmware was installed I couldn't get past that issue. So I decided to go ahead and install a second copy of opensuse on the machine, so that I would be about to reconfigure and reboot. I have a copy of opensuse 11.0. I configured 2 new partitions 3.75GB for the root, 256MB for /var. I configured it to use the existing 1GB swap, the existing 1GB /temp, and the existing 1GB ...

Help... Upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 problems
I upgraded from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 this morning and everything worked great. That is, until I tried to apply a custom skin, now when I try and load my site it just hangs. It'll sit there trying to load forever. Any ideas what the problem could be? How can I get back in to remove the skin? Any help would be great... Thanks....

addons.mozilla.org using Firefox 2.0.0.11 is very slow
addons.mozilla.org using Firefox 2.0.0.11 is very slow I think the problem may be in the coding, although it does not slow down for 3.0b2 it takes a very long time for a page such as https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/190 to appear when using 2.0.0.11 I may get the unresponsive Script message, but eventually the page will show up. The error console shows an error that looks like: $('div.expand-listitem") is null https://addons.mozilla.org/js/addons.js the error is marked with a red icon so I presume it means a critical error. Actually in 2.0.0.11 in...

11.0.3 to 11.0.2
--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The question: Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the database once it's in the 11.0.3 server? The reason: We have a production server that is version 11.0.2. Nightly, we dump the production server and load it into a development server, also 11.0.2. Now, we are in the midst of upgrading our development servers from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. Any help would be great. T...

11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues to be concerned about? Thanks in advance. Doug Doug, You should utilize 11.0.3.3 if you can. That's more recent than plain 11.0.3. You can do an upgrade in place for this. John McVicker Sybase Professional Services Philadelphia, PA Automotive Division wrote: > > Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues > to be concerned about? > > Thanks in advance. > Doug We are in the same boat. I assume you have to upgrade to 11.0.3 first ...

Need help in compiling firefox 2.0.0.11 with freetype2 enabled
Hi, I am trying to compiling firefox 2.0.0.11 with freetype2 enabled on Ubuntu. I get the following error. But I was able to compile without this ac_add_options "--enable-freetype2 ac_add_options --disable-xft" in my .mozconfig I appreciate if you can tell me how to get firefox 2.0.0.11 with freetype2. /home/yinglcs/src/firefox2.0.0.11/mozilla/gfx/src/freetype/ nsFreeType.cpp:435: error: 'mImageCache' was not declared in this scope /home/yinglcs/src/firefox2.0.0.11/mozilla/gfx/src/freetype/ nsFreeType.cpp: In member function 'PRBool nsFreeType2::Ini...

Help..TechSupport is having trouble (Load 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3)
I am currently running 11.9.2. EBF 8948 and attempting to load from 11.0.3.3 dump. Sybase says it is a new bug that is currently in engineering. They suggest that I redump during "slow" time and attempt to load again. We dump the transaction log from the source every 10 minutes and hardly see the log over 5 MB of 300 MB allocated. This doesn't make sense. Any suggestions on this? The data space and log space are identical in each server. Take care. JCS Here is the errorlog: 01:00000:00018:1999/07/13 08:45:23.41 server Error: 3473, Severity: 21, State: 1 ...

Help
I first tried this with the version 11.0 and then again with 11.1 with no difference. I boot from the liveCD, everything looks good and then the entire screen goes blank and stays blank. I suspect this happens when it attempts to switch to the graphical video mode. The quick hardware specs are: * New blank SATA HDD is installed. * I'm booting from the LiveCD * Dell Dimension 8400 with 4-Gigs RAM * Video card is a NVidia 9500GT with dual DVI outputs. This setup works perfect with WinXP-Pro and with Ubuntu 8.04. But with OpenSuse (and Fedora 10.0) it gets to a certain poin...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Web resources about - how long until all software is ready for 11.0? - opensuse.org.help.applications

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...