How do I open/edit PDF files?

I have some pdf files on a usb stick which I want to edit, Evince cannot
do this, and if I try to open in Libre there is no option to import pdf
there either. Is there an app. or plugin for libre to allow this.

jimt123

jimt123

you can use 'PDF Studio' (http://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/). It's a
commercial app. Or you can use pdfedit, pdfchain etc. Last 2 are free &
opensource.

--
AMD Phenom II X4  965 Black Edition, Gigabyte GA 880gm-ud2h mobo, 4GB
RAM

0
hasan65
6/11/2011 5:36:03 PM
thanks i'ii give them a go

--
jimt123
jimt123's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=59061
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
jimt123
6/11/2011 5:36:03 PM
Short answer, not really.
Long answer, see 'any pdf editor for opensuse 11.3?'
(http://tinyurl.com/4y8ehzx)

What you may be better off is using an online service like 'this'
(http://www.pdfescape.com/) or any of many similar sites, worked better
than libreoffice (layout issues) or gimp (rasterize everything) when I
tried it.

--
brunomcl
brunomcl's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8892
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
brunomcl
6/11/2011 5:36:03 PM
A lot depends on what you want to do with them; broadly speaking you
cannot edit them in the normal understanding of the word but, for
example, I have used Scribus to complete a single page form that came as
a PDF. I have also made a screenshot of a single page, put it in a
graphics program and then overlaid the original with text in a foreign
language and exported that to PDF so that it looked as if it had been
edited but hadn't. I've also separated and combined PDF pages for
different purposes. And I've exported a complete book as text from a
PDF, loaded it into LyX/LaTeX, edited it in that and then exported it as
a fresh PDF. So there is a variety of ways of getting round not having a
PDF editor as such if you want to do particular tasks.

--
john_hudson
john_hudson's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1134
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
john
6/11/2011 6:06:02 PM
Thanks, really its just pretty basic text editing that I want to do,
I'll give pdfedit a go.

--
jimt123
jimt123's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=59061
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
jimt123
6/11/2011 6:36:03 PM
OK, I'm trying to install PDFedit, I've unzipped it and ran configure
after installing 'boost' files, configure seemed to run well until I got
this message right at the end, what do I do now!

checking whether we want to prepare pdfedit-core-dev package... no
checking whether we want to build PDFedit gui... yes
configure: error: QTDIR environment variable must be set

How is the QTDIR variable set

--
jimt123
jimt123's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=59061
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
jimt123
6/11/2011 7:36:02 PM
Be advised that some PDFs are protected against those kind of things,
and some are even just images.... so it's really a case to case issue...
For the most, you won't be able to edit PDF's like a normal document,
either in Linux or Windows... (Yeah, I know there is Acrobat, but it
works when it works and that's it...)

--
'opensuse gnome' (http://en.opensuse.org/portal:gnome) -
'opensuse connect profile'
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
ketheriel
6/11/2011 7:36:02 PM
jimt123 wrote:
> checking whether we want to prepare pdfedit-core-dev package... no
> checking whether we want to build PDFedit gui... yes
> configure: error: QTDIR environment variable must be set
I cannot annswer your question but pdfedit is available from her
http://software.opensuse.org
for openSUSE.

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
jimt123;2352259 Wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to install PDFedit, I've unzipped it and ran configure
> after installing 'boost' files, configure seemed to run well until I got
> this message right at the end, what do I do now!

I can't help with your custom compilation efforts of pdfedit.

But I am puzzled over why you don't instead install it from an rpm
already built ?  Did you search for here? - 'software.opensuse.org:
Search Results' (http://tinyurl.com/3wr7w6j)

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
oldcpu
6/11/2011 8:06:03 PM
pdfedit has not been developed for a year or more, IINM. It seems that
it was written using the KDE3/QT3 API (or something like that) and
haven't been rewritten for KDE4/QT4 (again, or something like that). So
it will bring in* all core KDE3 libraries, am I correct?

I tried it once years ago, at the time my impression was that it was
the most complete and also somewhat complex to use.

* with "bring in" I mean "install".

--
brunomcl
brunomcl's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8892
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
brunomcl
6/13/2011 4:06:02 AM
It is still going to use KDE3/QT3 API unless you rewrite it yourself.

--
gogalthorp
gogalthorp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=37208
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
gogalthorp
LibreOffice does the job perfectly (draw)

--
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) KDE 4.6, Laptop: KEYNUX Ymax I7, RAM 4GB, HD
120GB SSD (OS) + 500GB, 64-bits Quad-core Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
phiga
6/13/2011 7:36:03 AM
gogalthorp;2352708 Wrote:
> It is still going to use KDE3/QT3 API unless you rewrite it yourself.

Obviously. Or probably someone - or some corporation, more likely -
that really needs it.

--
brunomcl
brunomcl's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8892
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=461338

0
brunomcl

Help...copy file when the source file is open by another application
CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. BB DD <> wrote: >CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. Open the file in read-only mode. If the file cannot be opened in read-only mode, it can not be copied. Open the destination file. Read the source file. Write the destination file. Repeat until done. Close both files. ... ...

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

Integrating do I integrate all help files
How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . Please don't cross-post. On 1 Nov 2004 12:34:08 -0700, "Damola adesuyi" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such >that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) >through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www....

How to open PDF File in windows application
Hello,I want to open pdf file in windows application.Please help me to achieve this .Thank You. VISHAL PAREKH Hi,Go Refernce -->In COM SectionSerach For Aodbe COM and Add It And follwo The code Below I have used Print u can change command axAcroPDF1.LoadFile(@"SamplePDFDocument.pdf");axAcroPDF1.Print(); Hope It HelpsThanksAvinash TiwariRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Hi Dear, In the VB you can use the OLEDB object at runtime and attached the PDF file path such that it execute the at file and open in respactive appliact...

How Open a .PDF file from a PB Application?
What is the PB function to Open a .PDF file from a PB Application? I am uning PB 9.0 thanks -niladri To open it in it's default viewer you could use the ShellExecute Windows API function. Brad niladri chatterjee wrote: > What is the PB function to Open a .PDF file from a PB > Application? I am uning PB 9.0 > > thanks > -niladri > What is the PB function to Open a .PDF file from a PB > Application? I am uning PB 9.0 "Use file association to start an application" http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0008.html or "Display P...

Open pdf file in iw [Edit]
Hello gentlemen someone could give me a hand need aquivo opened a PDF, which is called clientes.pdf in the location C: \ WebFacil \ WebFacil \ Win32 \ Debug \ Files \ clientes.pdf tried that did not work more: WebApplication.NewWindow (' C: \ WebFacil \ WebFacil \ Win32 \ Debug \ Files \ clientes.pdf ' ); what is wrong. Edited by: Benilton Ramos Santos on Apr 8, 2013 2:06 PM > WebApplication.NewWindow ('C: \ WebFacil \ WebFacil \ Win32 \ Debug \ Files \ clientes.pdf f'); > > what is wrong. i think removing the spaces could be a good start... :) ...

Open PDF file using TWebBrowser [Edit]
The code does not show any error. but it does not show the PDF either. filename := TPath.Combine(TPath.GetDocumentsPath, 'Test.pdf'); WebBrowser1.Navigate('file:/' + filename); More over, TWebBrowser is not opening any PDF links on an html page. I did this to test whether it open a PDF from a link on an HTML page. Any suggestion? Edited by: Heney S on Apr 14, 2014 6:32 PM ...

Make a Help File and Include it in the Application [Edit]
Hi, I am developing applications using Builder XE and XE2 and I would like my application to have Help. What is a good/easy/efficient way to make a Help File and include it in the application. I am thinking of creating something similar to the Help in XE2 with Content, Index and Search tabs. What approach and tools would you recommend? Thanks! > {quote:title=Julian Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > I am developing applications using Builder XE and XE2 and I would like my application to have Help. What is a good/easy/efficient way to make a Help File and include it in the applicati...

Download and open PDF file (XE7/Android) [Edit]
Hi, With the code below I try to download and open a pdf file on Android. {code} sPath := TPath.Combine(TPath.GetDocumentsPath, 'XXX.pdf'); DeleteFile(sPath); MemoryStream := TMemoryStream.Create; IdHTTP1.Get('http://XXX.com/files/XXX.pdf', MemoryStream); MemoryStream.SaveToFile(sPath); if FileExists(sPath) then begin Intent := TJIntent.Create; Intent.setAction(TJIntent.JavaClass.ACTION_VIEW); Intent.setDataAndType(StrToJURI(sPath), StringToJString('application/pdf')); SharedActivity.StartActivi...

BLOB "corrupting" PDF File, HELP HELP HELP !!
This is buggin the #$%@ out of me !! The user scans a document through a Xerox Scanner (which sends it to the users PC). I take that PDF document and through Powerbuilder take it and save it to an Oracle DB as a BLOB. Also, within the PB application, the user can pick the document and open it (which makes a call out to Adobe to view it). Adobe 5.0.5 returns an error that reads "insufficient data for an image". The PDF document is able to be opened before it is loaded as a BLOB to Oracle, but after the loading, this error pops up. It almost seems like the first page has a p...

Application Launcher "File Edit View Help"
We would like to be able to remove or restrict users from having access to the "File Edit View Help" options in the Application Launcher screen. Does anyone know of a way to remove or disable those options? Thanks. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:15:00 GMT, rfairchilds@mindspring.com wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to remove or disable those options? perhaps you should make an enhancement request: http://support.novell.com/enhancement -- Marcus Breiden Please change -- to - to mail me. The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion. http://www.edu-...

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

Open Edit Update Word File from web application by using GOOGLE Doc Apis
Hi,I am developing the web application where the user can be able to edit, update the documents online (ON SERVER). I know that this can't be done easily because the Word files first Download on the user machine from server and then it is available to the user for changes and the user will have to upload the file back to the server for the new changes. My Requirement is 1- View the Document online (in web page) 2- Edit the Text in the Document3- When saved then all Changes in file must be saved on server. My Question isCAN GOOGLE DOCS APIS achieve the above tasks  Please r...

Problem in open PDF file and extract PDF
 Hi,My problem is I need to open a PDF file (10 Pages) in new window when the user clicks a button from the parent form. User can enter no of pages to extract from PDF (For Example 1-4). then I have to extract 1st 4 pages from that PDF and the PDF window should show only 6 pages because we have extracted 1st 4 pages. I mean we have to refresh the PDF window.Is there any way to do that in ASP.net? If I am not clear about this issue please let me know that. Thanks in advance. to view the pdf file in another page :   Response.ClearContent() ...

Web resources about - How do I open/edit PDF files? - opensuse.org.help.applications

File:Commons-logo.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This image, or parts of it, is an official logo or design used by Wikimedia Foundation or by one of its projects. It is copyrighted by the Wikimedia ...

Computer file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A computer file is a resource for storing information, which is available to a computer program and is usually based on some kind of durable ...

From The Career Files: How Your Legal Writing Class Prepares You For The MPT
There's a link between Legal Research and Writing (LRW) and other law school classes and the MPT on the bar exam.

DNC suspends Sanders campaign’s access to party voter file
Bernie Sanders’s campaign is cut off from the Democratic Party’s 50-state voter file following a glitch that gave a Sanders staffer unauthorized ...

Microsoft updates OneDrive with Spotlight search and offline file support
... search The first update to OneDrive for iOS adds support for Spotlight search. This allows you to quickly and easily search for any file youve ...

Bernie Sanders campaign files lawsuit naming DNC - Videos - CBS News
Bernie Sanders' campaign has filed a lawsuit accusing the Democratic National Committee of favoring Hillary Clinton by not sharing certain data ...

Bernie Sanders and the DNC reach a deal on voter file access
CNN Bernie Sanders and the DNC reach a deal on voter file access CNN Washington (CNN) [Breaking news update, Saturday 12:10 a.m. ET]. A deal ...

Sanders Campaign Sues DNC For Shutting Off Access To Voter File
Sanders Campaign Sues DNC For Shutting Off Access To Voter File

DNC restores Sanders campaign access to voter file
... the information that we have requested of them. Based on this information, we are restoring the Sanders campaign’s access to the voter file, ...

Dell Files Paperwork to Take SecureWorks Public
The move reportedly would help Dell reduce the huge debt that it will take on when it buys EMC for $67 billion next year.