GnuCash 2.4.0 settings

Can anyone help with the following questions on GnuCash?

I am running GnuCash 2.4.0 on OpenSuse 11.4/Gnome 2

1. How do I set the Language to German? (I have downloaded the GnuCash
Language package)

2. Where may I get a version of Kontenrahmen SKR03 for importing into
GnuCash?

3. Where may I replace the decimal to a decimal comma?

4. If the decimal comma cannot be used, may there be problems when
importing German bank data via HCBI?

Any ideas anyone?

--
hnimmo

hnimmo

On 2012-04-09 21:16, hnimmo wrote:
> 1. How do I set the Language to German? (I have downloaded the GnuCash
> Language package)

In general, in Linux, you change the language on the desktop, both
KDE/Gnome have their ways. You can customize the settings from the terminal
upwards, by creating a ~/.i18n file - mine has, for Spanish:

LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=es_ES@euro
LC_NUMERIC=es_ES@euro
LC_PAPER=es_ES@euro
LC_TELEPHONE=es_ES@euro
LC_MEASUREMENT=es_ES@euro
LC_NAME=es_ES@euro

This is inherited by gnome and applications such as mozilla/thunderbird.
KDE used a different variable: KDE_LANG=es_ES

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)
0
Carlos
4/9/2012 7:33:06 PM
robin_listas;2455001 Wrote:
> On 2012-04-09 21:16, hnimmo wrote:
> > 1. How do I set the Language to German? (I have downloaded the
> GnuCash
> > Language package)
>
> In general, in Linux, you change the language on the desktop, both
> KDE/Gnome have their ways. You can customize the settings from the
> terminal
> upwards, by creating a ~/.i18n file - mine has, for Spanish:
>
> LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8
> LC_MONETARY=es_ES@euro
> LC_NUMERIC=es_ES@euro
> LC_PAPER=es_ES@euro
> LC_TELEPHONE=es_ES@euro
> LC_MEASUREMENT=es_ES@euro
> LC_NAME=es_ES@euro
>

> This is inherited by gnome and applications such as
> mozilla/thunderbird.
> KDE used a different variable: KDE_LANG=es_ES

Many thanks for the answer!  If I understand you right, what you
suggest could be achieved via the etc/sysconfig file under System /
Environment / Language. However, my editor does not describe what the
format of the variable would be. Would 'de_DE@euro' be correct do you
think?

Cheers
hn

--
hnimmo
hnimmo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=11179

0
hnimmo
4/9/2012 8:06:03 PM
On 2012-04-09 22:06, hnimmo wrote:

> Many thanks for the answer!  If I understand you right, what you
> suggest could be achieved via the etc/sysconfig file under System /
> Environment / Language.

That would be for all users, systemwide. My suggestion only affects one
user, and allows fine tuning. Me, I have the system language set to
English, but I have somethings changed to Spanish, and the time to "Denmark
English", which happens to be ISO standard.

> However, my editor does not describe what the
> format of the variable would be. Would 'de_DE@euro' be correct do you
> think?

You have all the possible settings on "/usr/lib/locale/". However, if you
do it systemwide in YaST, you get an easy to click list of choices.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)
0
Carlos
4/9/2012 9:23:06 PM
robin_listas;2455028 Wrote:

> You have all the possible settings on "/usr/lib/locale/". However, if
> you
> do it systemwide in YaST, you get an easy to click list of choices.

Thanks. I found the /usr/lib/locale with all the options.

However, on changing the default value for the parameters RC_LC_NUMERIC
and RC_LC_MONETARY to 'de_DE@euro' under the Yast /etc/config editor,
there is no effect on gnucash. What am I missing still?

--
hnimmo
hnimmo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=11179
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474252

0
hnimmo
4/10/2012 5:26:03 PM
On 2012-04-10 19:26, hnimmo wrote:

> Thanks. I found the /usr/lib/locale with all the options.
>
> However, on changing the default value for the parameters RC_LC_NUMERIC
> and RC_LC_MONETARY to 'de_DE@euro' under the Yast /etc/config editor,
> there is no effect on gnucash. What am I missing still?

You can open a terminal in your desktop, run "locale", and see if it prints
what you expect.

Maybe the desktop settings overrides the system settings. Or maybe - I
don't use gnucash myself, remember - the program has its own settings like
LibreOffice has, and thus it ignores outside settings.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)
0
Carlos
4/10/2012 5:53:08 PM
robin_listas;2455198 Wrote:

> You can open a terminal in your desktop, run "locale", and see if it
> prints
> what you expect.

All settings are 'en_GB.utf8' in spite of the changes I made in Yast.
But the variable names are different! (e.g. LC_MONETARY (Locale) as
opposed to RC_LC_MONETARY (Yast)

--
hnimmo
hnimmo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=11179
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474252

0
hnimmo
4/10/2012 6:16:04 PM
On 2012-04-10 20:16, hnimmo wrote:

> robin_listas;2455198 Wrote:
>>

>> You can open a terminal in your desktop, run "locale", and see if it
>> prints what you expect.
>
> All settings are 'en_GB.utf8' in spite of the changes I made in Yast.
> But the variable names are different! (e.g. LC_MONETARY (Locale) as
> opposed to RC_LC_MONETARY (Yast)

Well, that is to be expected. The changes done in sysconfig are applied to
the real variables later. No matter (the names, not the contents).

You may have to run:

[CODE]
su -
SuSEconfig
[CODE]

and then log out and log in. I don't know if you need to reboot (I believe
not). This should work for gnome, at least, probably others.

For KDE, I think it still remembers that you used it under another
language, and may ignore the change. In that case, you need to change it
somewhere else - sorry, I'm not that used to KDE to remember exactly where.
Language settings, probably.

You can make sure the setting was applied by running "locale" in the text
console (ctrl-alt-f1). If that is correct, try again logged in the graphic
desktop of your choice, and run "locale" in a terminal. If it is what you
expect, fine, if not, you know that you have to search for the desktop
/different/ method :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)
0
Carlos

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

Upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.2.1
Hi, I followed the instructions on http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/upgrade.html to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.2.1. When I go to the login page in the browser, it shows the version as 4.0.2 rather than 4.2.1. How can I tell what version of Bugzilla I really have installed? Thanks for your help. - Melissa PS At my company, Bugzilla is running on OpenSolaris. ...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 #2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process? Well, since I didn't get a response, I tried the instructions at that site. When running these, REPLACE EVERYTHING, and it upgrades your site just fine. If anyone has questions, ask me.  Mine went smoothly....

Upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2. version still says 2.0.4??
Hello, I upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2. Version still says 2.0.4. I don't see any of the new stuff. In Host settings I see an option in the Upgrade log for verion drop list has 2.1.2 in it. Something did not take. How do i reset upgrade with out losing site. Check the version on your DotNetNuke.dll assembly (File -> Properties). Make sure it's the 2.1.2 version. You can trigger the upgrade either by calling upgrade.aspx from your browser, or by re-saving web.config to cause the app to restart. Although this should not cause any problems, make sure you have a good backup...

parrotcode.org needs update (0.4.1 to 0.4.2)
Cheers Alberto Fixed, finally. On Mar 16, 2006, at 5:40 AM, Alberto Simoes wrote: > > Cheers > Alberto > ...

update 2.0.0.4 does not work with my new 2.0.0.0
Name: Robert J Norton Email: bobatnortondotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: update 2.0.0.4 does not work with my new 2.0.0.0 Comments: Each time I have installed update 2.0.0.4 I can't get my email for rjnorton@pacbell.net. The feed back states it can't find the pop server. I've reported this twice to the web master but that amounted to zilch. I've repeated this 2 times and each time I've had to reload 2.0.0.0 to get at my email. I am continually bombarded with .4 up dates which I now refuse to install again. So far, no one has reported a fix to me. ...

Firefox 2.0.0.6 Reverts back to 2.0.0.5 reinstalls 2.0.0.6, wipes out user settings
Firefox is turning into a piece of crap. First, there is only 1 profile, the default profile. Second, after the first 2.0.0.6 update wiped out the profile settings (again), the automatic check for updates was turned off. This morning the customized profile settings went MIA again, Firefox decided it was version 2.0.0.5 (per the help, about firefox) and automatically downloaded 2.0.0.6; even though 2.0.0.6 had already been installed on July 31. It now thinks it is 2.0.0.6, the home page and other profile settings have been reset, and automatic updates turned off for everyt...

installation help 3.2.2 AND 4.0.2
In installed both 4.0.2 and 3.2.2 in different sites but in the same hosting account.  With both of them i get the runtime error that tells me to change web.config to be able to view errors.I did that on both, (change key to <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> and the messages still do not change.I cannot find an error log - the one unders the "Portals" structure has not been  created. Which leads me to several questions:1.  Is there a server setting by the hosting company that prevents me from seeing the details of the error, if so what is it and how is it changed?2....

Help Importing the Users from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
I need to import 200 Users from an install of 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 Can I just copy the Users table from SQL and be done with it.... or is it more complicated than that. Thanks, Harley Harley, There are a couple of tables that you need to touch besides jsut the User table. You need to make entries into the UserPortals and UserRoles tables as well. If you open each up one you can pretty much see what is going on in each one. If you wanted to do it manually in SQL you could Select * INTO another staging table and then build a query to import the users into the three tables (Users, User...

Firefox 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4
In order to fix a small number of serious regressions, we are looking to do a very quick 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 release to pick up some fixes for recent regressions. 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 will be the next regular security/stability releases. 2.0.0.3 blockers https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi? keywords_type=nowords&keywords=fixed1.8.1.3 +verified1.8.1.3&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=b locking1.8.1.3%2B&order=map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id We are going to be looking at nominations over the next few days, based on the follo...

Urgent!!!!!
I have a Powerbuilder application that populates form fields in a word document and then prints the document. This process has been working for quite a while. The word document is stored in a blob field in a database table. Recently the DBMS was upgraded to Oracle 9.2.0.4. It had been working in previous versions of Oracle 9i even if we modified the document in the database. The process continued to work after the upgrade. A modification needed to be made to the word document. The modification was made to the document and saved to the database. After the document had been...

HELP : I'm trying to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.2 using bzr on Windows.
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.2 using bzr on Windows. I successfully upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 using bzr. Following the instructions to upgrade to a major version the first bzr command is "bzr switch 4.2". When I type that I get: bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock LockDir(filtered-166846732:///bugzilla/ 4.0/.bzr/branch/lock): Transport operation not possible: readonly transport Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Pat ...

DNN 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
I have recently upgraded to 2.1.2 on my test box and am getting an error... Whenever I try to edit the module settings for any module I get the following: Error loading module DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetNuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 574 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Have any of you seen...

Error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5
Name: Romain Email: romanolematfreedotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 Comments: I had an error when updating 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.5 (french version). Some files where not found and the install program launched itself in loop. I had to download new version from website and install it to fix the problem. Firefox rocks ! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

Web resources about - GnuCash 2.4.0 settings - opensuse.org.help.applications

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mode setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mode setting can be done in kernel space ( Kernel Mode Setting or KMS) or in user space ( User-space Mode Setting , UMS). Doing mode setting ...

5 Facebook Privacy Settings You Must Review Now
Facebook now has five different settings for controlling whether and how you get tagged on the site.

Analysis: Facebook’s New Privacy Settings a Major (and Risky) Step Toward Openness
The upcoming changes to Facebook’s privacy settings will allow users to control who they share information with every time they post a piece ...

'Delusions' setting Australia up for a big budget shock: Ross Garnaut
The case for company tax cuts for large business has not been subject to &quot;rigorous analysis&quot; according to leading economist Ross Garnaut. ...

Mike Duffy trial: Crown done with final witness, setting stage for senator to testify
The Crown in the Mike Duffy trial has finished with its final witness and is expected to rest its case on Tuesday, setting the stage for the ...

Setting Up A Successful Exam-Taking Strategy: 3 Tips For Test Preparation
Are you scared? Good! Because if you are, then you are taking final exams seriously.

NFL Fantasy Football Week 13: Last-Minute Advice for Setting Your Roster - Bleacher Report
It wasn't so long ago when fantasy drafts were fresh, and our rosters were stocked and stable. When that Eddie Lacy and Dez Bryant combo felt ...

Why did Obama choose the Oval Office setting for his speech and then stand behind a lectern?
Shouldn't he have sat at his desk? I see Callum Borchers at The Washington Post has asked the same question: Whatever the impetus, let's get ...

Setting caution aside, Red Sox went all in for an ace
There was little effort at secrecy — actually, make that none — as a rather unusual dinner party took their places at the table at the Southern ...