gnome screenlets and compiz fusion

Hi -

I use 10.3 x86_64 with gnome and compiz-fusion running on the
proprietary nvidia driver.

Using screenlets manager I load up several screenlets at startup, but
there is some weird interaction with my desktop that is causing them to
not display properly. For example, the netmonitor screenlet has numbers
that are only partially formed. The wireless screenlet has a strange
transparent strip running left to right.

All this is solved by opening screenlets manager after I boot and
selecting "Restart All Screenlets".

I wish that I didn't have to do this every time. Is there some
solution? Maybe to get the screenlets to load up later in the start-up
cycle?

Thanks!

- John

--
JJMT

JJMT

and if u just restart compiz?

--
damac123
damac123's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=747

0
damac123
6/12/2008 7:56:04 AM
Running XGL or AIGLX?

--
:: With your arms around me, you're singing softly ..
:: And I fade from memory and move on ..
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385605

0
Chrysantine
6/12/2008 8:16:06 AM
Chrysantine;1816791 Wrote:
> Running XGL or AIGLX?

Nvidia. I think that qualifies as neither.

--
JJMT
JJMT's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=755
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385605

0
JJMT
6/12/2008 12:56:04 PM
damac123;1816777 Wrote:
> and if u just restart compiz?

It turns out that clears up the screen as well.

This got me to thinking about how these apps are getting loaded. Unlike
many people, I load compiz and emerald via "Control Center" -> Sessions
-> "Startup Programs". There is supposed to be some suse script for
when 10.3 was new, so I've been doing this ever since.

Screenlets are getting loaded in Startup Programs, also.

If I could somehow manage the sequence of when everything loads, I
think I could resolve the issue.....

--
JJMT
JJMT's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=755
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385605

0
JJMT
6/12/2008 1:26:04 PM
OK. I think this is resolved.

Having gotten to thinking about reordering how applications were being
loaded by Startup Programs, I quickly discovered that this could be
controlled by settling the "Order" parameter under "Current Session"
and then (important!) saving the session by pushing the button on
"Session Options".

This required some trial and error, as my initial inclination was to
start Compiz last (well, second to last, before emerald). But it turns
out the Compiz doesn't like that at all. I instead told it to start the
screenlets last.

Seems to be working. Thanks for all help.

--
JJMT
JJMT's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=755
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385605

0
JJMT
6/12/2008 6:56:04 PM
Hi JJMT,

I am using 10.3 too, with same CPU.
Also I have nVidia video-card and compiz, emerald.

Yesterday I ran my first attempt to test screenlets which I found only
from an external (non official) repository.

I have been not able to start screenlets nor screenlets-manager from
startup manager.

Neither by trying to start from console, in both cases I noticed some
complains with a "glib assertion function".

Sorry I cannot be more accurate because I am at office now.

Wonder which versions of screenlets you've installed along with glib,
gtk2 and dbus and from which repo I can download it.

THANKS

--
amdturion
amdturion's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=620
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385605

0
amdturion
7/16/2008 9:06:03 PM
as an alternative you could use gdesklets... they work fine for me. I
trying screenlets too but as for me gdesklets more pretty :)

--
didencool
didencool's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=4743
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385605

0
didencool

Compiz-fusion for Gnome.
I have 11.1 x86-64 natively installed with Gnome 2.24 and added Kde 4.3 with Compiz-fusion 0.82 for this Kde. I want to install Compiz-fusion for Gnome to. But I dont know is possible combitation for Kde Compiz-fusion 0.82 and for Gnome Compiz-fusion 0.78, because 0.82 is for Gnome 2.26. And I dont know what is mean this sentence "The above step will update gnome or kde, if you do not wish to update, use the following command" of this site 'Compiz Troubleshooting - openSUSE' (http://tinyurl.com/57drkk) Is it mean? While I use one-click-install of this site '...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

Gnome Do/Compiz fusion issues
So I've been testing Gnome Do and I now want to activate docky. To do that I have to activate the desktop effects, so I installed drivers for my graphics card which work fine. But I have an infamous issue with my compiz which causes all title bars of windows to dissapear. Is there a solution in which I can activate docky and still have my title bars? -- ykrsdn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ *Turn on metacity's compositing:* Open the GNOME Configuration Editor; press Alt-F2 to open the *Run Application* dialog and type -g...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

Help Help Help
How to send a form data to mail by onclick action of Submit button. By using vbscript (using ADODB) in ASP Try this page: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/3.4.1.aspx I have found a lot of help from it.Click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.-- Randy...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

Web resources about - gnome screenlets and compiz fusion - opensuse.org.help.applications

Compositing window manager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A compositing window manager is a type of window manager (software that draws a graphical user interface on a computer display ). Unlike earlier ...

Fútbol en EL PAÍS
Sigue en directo la Liga BBVA, la Liga Adelante, la Premier League, Calcio, Bundesliga y la liga francesa con todos los resultados, clasificaciones, ...

Linux How-To Articles, Tips, and Guides :: How-To Geek
HOW-TO NEWS FORUMS How-To Geek Help Us Pick The First T-Shirt Design To Support How-To Geek! The Best Free Portable Apps for Your Flash Drive ...

Igoogle News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip - Lifehacker
Do You Use a Start Page?. Google Launches Limited Version of &quot;Google Offers&quot; Coupon Service. Run Google Gadgets on Ubuntu, No Screenlets ...

Makulu Makeover May Give Your Linux Life a Lift
MakuluLinux was already a solidly performing distro, but the latest version, released last month, takes Makulu to the next level of usability ...

Murphy's Law: Adobe, Chill. Apple, Chill. Let's See Some Benchmarks!
Put on the boxing gloves! It could be said that the ongoing battle between Adobe and Applethe classic "friends turned enemies" grudge matchis ...

Download Desktop Environment
Download Desktop Environment

OS X-Like Widgets with Screenlets on Ubuntu (3rd Update) - Tombuntu
KDE 4, Windows, and Mac OS all have some sort of desktop widgets. Your Ubuntu desktop can also, using Screenlets . This post will guide you through ...

A short preview of Google Gadgets for Linux
Your Daily Dose Of Ubuntu Linux