General shortcuts not working

i'm using openSUSE 11.1 and KDE 4.2.2 release 114

after last update general shortcuts stoped working

when I go to Personal Settings->Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts I
get this dialog:

Code:
--------------------
    Failed to contact KDE global shortcuts daemon
  Message: No such object path '/KdedGlobalAccel'
  Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject
--------------------

if I try to change general shortcuts in any application, dialog saying
"The shortcut '-typed shortcut-' conflicts with the following key
combinations:" and no combinations listed

does anybody know how to solve it?

NightHawk-tp

NightHawk

Running OpenSuse 11.1 KDE 4.2.3 release 116

I know there is a conflict with amarok and global shortcuts in KDE4,
with a link to a (possible) fix below.
''Fix for crashing kded4 with KDE 4.1' - MARC'
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=amarok&m=122312836413611&w=2)

I have the same problem, with a slightly different error message:

> Failed to contact KDE global shortcuts daemon
> Message: Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.kded': no such name
> Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner

Sadly it didn't work for me, so I uninstalled amarok, but still have
the problem of the daemon crashing :(.

If anyone has any ideas? Many thanks

--
davegila
davegila's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=5066

0
davegila
5/9/2009 2:36:01 PM
well, this isn't exactly my problem:
all local shortcuts (set in apps) are working, no app cause kded4
crash, but global shortcuts don't work

but thanks for recurrence

--
NightHawk-tp
NightHawk-tp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=27532
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=413970

0
NightHawk

I have the same problem. Most annoyingly Alt-Tab doesn't work.

I tried the amarok fix but still no shortcuts.

Any ideas?

--
juaurib
juaurib's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=30331
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=413970

0
juaurib

Application Unavailable, .aspx applications not working! Help, Please!
Whenever I make and run an .aspx application, this happens, but when I run an .asp application, it doesn't: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. 1.) How do I get to the 'log entry'? 2.) A...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Help me. My Synchronization Application does not work. MobileLink has no response.How to build a comminucation betwon my Palm Application and PC's MobileLink?
My develop environment: ASA 80. CodeWarrior 7.0 PalmOS 3.5 The example CustDB is working. I create a new database, Start a MobileLink service with it. It's working too. Then I create a new project, use Embedden SQL. I try Synchronize it by this way: ////////////////////////////////// bool TRacerDB::PalmExit( void ) { bool ret = false; ul_synch_info info; ULInitSynchInfo( &info ); info.stream = NULL; info.stream_parms = STREAM_PARAM; info.user_name = USER_NAME; info.password = USER_PASSWORD; ...

Help Help Help Help

Help: Working simultaneously an application
Hi everybody !!! I'm developing an application on P.B. 6.5 with three other guys, and we're using shared pbl's over a intranet based on windows 98. The problem is that we share the pbl's including the pbl with the application object, so, when one of us run the application it becames impossible to the others to save an object while the application is running. We already tried to use multiple application objects, sharing the other pbl's but having no success. Is there anybody who could tell us the most appropriate manner of doing this ??? Thanks in advance. P.S.-...

help help help help

help- general use of web application
hi, i complete my first web application. after,setup,deployment and installing web application on server. how to know whether it is successfully run or not? how to make it for general use? plz give solution. thanks in advance. ...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

plz help....Application Start is not working
a web application is running successfully on a iis server. i upload the updated version on web application dll. in that there is a thread which is being fired on application start. and i noted that the thread is not fired. further i noted that after uploading(overriding) the application dll, and after hiting to the site, application_start is not fired. my problem is that web Application already is running and I wnat to start a thread only once and that thread will keep on working after a regular intervials. and if the application stoped and than start, the thread once again started and ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test and install a second time. This time I let the server run the update after registering with Novell. However, upon reboot the server was dorked as it could not read my /usr and /var partitions (fstab was bad). Now here is what changed between my first the second build: I added a separate partition for /usr, that is all. I could really use a hand here. If I can't trust the update mechanism ...... Chris. Chris wrote: > Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test > and install a second...

Web resources about - General shortcuts not working - opensuse.org.help.applications

Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
Every shortcut you ever wanted. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Keyboard shortcut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , a keyboard shortcut is a finite set of one or more keys that invoke a software or operating system operation when triggered by ...

Wikipedia:Shortcut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Here's A Shortcut For Editing Facebook @ Tags
There are shortcuts for everything these days even the @ tag editing we just wrote about Friday.

Mobile Shortcut - Facebook-Entwickler
Prices for goods or currency when paid with mobile differ from other payment instruments like credit...

Update: Facebook Adds App Shortcuts to Chat Bar
Earlier today, Facebook told developers that recent updates to the site which made applications harder to find were “definitely not final”. Developers ...

Finger ShortCuts App (@finger_app) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Finger ShortCuts App @ finger_app ...

Stack Exchange Keyboard Shortcuts
Scott Hanselman’s article about keyboard shortcuts and web sites reminded me that I inexplicably forgot to blog about our very own totally awesome ...

Contact shortcut photo icon ( iFavorite ) for Home screen on the App Store on iTunes
Get Contact shortcut photo icon ( iFavorite ) for Home screen on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. *** Limited ...

Shortcuts' favorite photos and videos - Flickr
Explore Shortcuts' favorites on Flickr. Shortcuts has 61 favorites.