Failed to execute child process (Permission Denied)

Hi,

I'm trying to start a program, but I keep getting the error:

"There was an error launching the application."
Details: Failed to execute child process
"/home/jjo/Desktop/0ad/build/resources" (Permission denied)

I've tried changing the permissions of the file, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Regards

--
njol

njol

On 2011-07-11 23:06, njol wrote:

> I've tried changing the permissions of the file, with no luck.

And what are they now? Post output of relevant ls -l command.

> Any suggestions?

Program, command line used, error messages?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)
0
Carlos
7/11/2011 10:20:06 PM
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to start a program, but I keep getting the error:
>
> "There was an error launching the application."
> Details: Failed to execute child process
> "/home/jjo/Desktop/0ad/build/resources" (Permission denied)
>

> I've tried changing the permissions of the file, with no luck.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards

We need to know a little more:

1. What program are you trying to run and how are you running it?
(program name and location and if it is a menu or desktop shortcut?)
2. Is "/home/jjo/Desktop/0ad/build/resources" the name of a program, or
a text file or a folder or just what is it and who owns it?

Since the main folder is in your desktop folder, it must be something
you downloaded or copied there and while it may work OK (thought its not
right now), most often I don't place such files directly on the Desktop.
One should have permissions there, but not if it was placed there with
root authority.  Further, some actions, such as actually installing an
application, may be only done with root user access.  So, the more you
can tell us the better about this problem the better.

Thank You,

--
Remember that little in Life is certain, including any advice you may
get from me, you poor soul, but at least I am trying to help.

:)Its James again from Austin Texas - The following error was
encountered: The operation completed successfully.
jdmcdaniel3's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=43440
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
jdmcdaniel3
7/11/2011 10:36:06 PM
Thanks for the help,

0ad.desktop  is the program I'm trying to run,  its in the /resource/
folder, the permissions are set at read and write, im not at the
computer right now, so I can't use the terminal ovbiously. I could only
download as a tar.gz file so I couldn't use a installer program.

I'm using my iPod right now please excuse my grammar

--
njol
njol's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=60220
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
njol
7/12/2011 2:06:03 AM
Ok thanks, were is dolphin exactly? I've never heard of that program

--
njol
njol's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=60220
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
njol
7/12/2011 3:06:03 AM
Did you know that you can open Dolphin, navigate to the Desktop folder
and then the file 0ad.desktop, right click your mouse on this file and
select open with kwrite (or other text editor).  I have the Office icon
on my desk and if I do that to the file Office.desktop file, here is
what I find in kwrite:

Code:
--------------------
    [Desktop Entry]
  X-SuSE-translate=true
  Name=Office
  Protocols=file;ftp;http;
  MiniIcon=openoffice
  MimeType=application/x-scalc;application/x-smf;application/x-sdraw;application/x-sds;application/x-swriter;application/x-sgl;application/x-sda;
  Exec=oofromtemplate
  Icon=ooo-gulls
  Path=$HOME
  Type=Application
  Terminal=0
  StartupNotify=false
  OnlyShowIn=KDE;
--------------------

I put the text into a code block with the advanced message editor here
in the forum.  You could do the same thing with the 0ad.desktop file and
post its contents here in your next message like I did for use to look
at, when you get back to your computer.  The info inside could be
helpful to use.

Thank You,

--
Remember that little in Life is certain, including any advice you may
get from me, you poor soul, but at least I am trying to help.

:)Its James again from Austin Texas - The following error was
encountered: The operation completed successfully.
jdmcdaniel3's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=43440
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
jdmcdaniel3
7/12/2011 3:06:03 AM
The icon looks like a File Cabinet, but any file manager will work.
Dolphin is just the default for KDE these days.

Thank You,

--
Remember that little in Life is certain, including any advice you may
get from me, you poor soul, but at least I am trying to help.

:)Its James again from Austin Texas - The following error was
encountered: The operation completed successfully.
jdmcdaniel3's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=43440
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
jdmcdaniel3
7/12/2011 3:36:03 AM
On 07/12/2011 04:06 AM, njol wrote:

> I could only download as a tar.gz file so I couldn't use a installer program.

-=welcome=- new poster..

please tell us what program you are wanting to install that you didn't
find available in YaST..

and, (since you have never heard of Dolphin) tell us your level of
experience in Linux...i have the feeling that you are just getting
started and have tried to follow the installation steps of a completely
different operating system..

and, it will be a *lot* easier for you if we can help you learn the way
to do it here--like normally we don't have to mess with tar.gz or
changing file permissions or do anything more than click a button or two.

by the way: if you have done a lot of file permission changes: please
STOP IT before you murder your system.

--
DD
-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat]Caveat[/url]-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Hardware]Hardware[/url]-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Software]Software[/url]-
njol;2363454 Wrote:
> Thanks for the help,
>
> 0ad.desktop  is the program I'm trying to run,  its
> /home/jjo/Desktop/0ad/build/resources/0ad.desktop, the permissions are
> set at read and write, im not at the computer right now, so I can't use
> the terminal ovbiously. I could only download as a tar.gz file so I
> couldn't use a installer program.
>
> I'm using my iPod right now please excuse my grammar
One does not tell "/home/jjo/Desktop/0ad/build/resources/0ad.desktop,
the permissions are set at read and write,", one posts (between CODE
tags the command

Code:
--------------------
    ls -l /home/jjo/Desktop/0ad/build/resources/0ad.desktop
--------------------

and it's output. No stories, but facts please.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
hcvv
7/12/2011 10:06:02 AM
ls -l /home/jjo/Desktop/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/0ad.desktop
-rw-r--r-- 1 jjo users 294 2011-07-12 10:24
/home/jjo/Desktop/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/0ad.desktop

Also when I try a different folder:

ls -l /home/jjo/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/0ad.desktop
-rw-r--r-- 1 jjo users 294 2011-07-12 10:24
/home/jjo/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/0ad.desktop

Please note I only altered the permissions of the file "0ad.desktop",
it is now set at its original permissions.

There are SUSE Packages for 0ad, but There isn't a version for 11.1 (my
SUSE version, I know, it's a bit old), so, I downloaded the tar gzip
files.

--
njol
njol's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=60220
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
njol
7/12/2011 3:06:02 PM
On 07/12/2011 05:06 PM, njol wrote:

> There are SUSE Packages for 0ad

is 0ad a game?

--
DD
-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat]Caveat[/url]-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Hardware]Hardware[/url]-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Software]Software[/url]-
0
DenverD
7/12/2011 3:14:38 PM
I noticed about the CODE tags, I tried to change it, but I got a message
saying I could edit my post.

x access bit set? Please bear with me, I am still learning linux here,
I am still unsure of what more info you want?

--
njol
njol's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=60220
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
njol
7/12/2011 3:36:03 PM
Thanks for that. But rereading the thread as it is until now, I get the
impression that you do not provide much information spontaniously, nor
when asked for. We completly miss what openSUSE level you use and what
desktop (when you do not know what Dolphin is, I guess not KDE). How can
we guess all these things where you are only talking about a file in
your Desktop directory.

Also saying "I'm trying to start a program,..." is not very
informative. How do you try this. Remember tthat in Unix/Linux there are
miriad ways of doing things and you should tell us what you do, we are
not clairvoyant.
I for myself have no idea what the program is you trry to run, nor have
many others here if I interprete the posts above correct. Please do
explain much more to us. We are trying to help you as volunteers in our
spare time, but even spare time has and end and a bit more efficiency
will help.

And you did not post your computer text between CODE tags, which I
asked for. Now it is off course possible that you do not know how to do
it, but you did not mention that or ask for more information. Here it
is: 'Posting in Code Tags - A Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/27sswak)

Now please, reread all the answers until know and try to formulate a
post with extensive answers to the questions in them, filled up with as
many information you can.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
hcvv
7/12/2011 3:36:03 PM
BTW, a short guess (but only a guess because we have lack of
information) is that when you want to execute a file, that file must
have the x access bit set. Which isn't the case.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
hcvv
7/12/2011 3:36:03 PM
In your first post you said you tried to change the peresmissions of
that file. That made me think that you know what permission bits are and
how to change them.

We want all info! What openSUSE level, which desktop. Weren't that
excact and precise questions where you can give an exact and precise
answer. When I do not know I can not give you the method to set the
execute bit.

Read all those questions like; what is that for sort of program,
and..... and ........

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
hcvv
7/12/2011 3:36:03 PM
Yes 0ad is a game:
http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/

Ive tried chmod and chown commands,

Code:
--------------------
    chmod 644 /home/jjo/Desktop/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/0ad.desktop
--------------------

Code:
--------------------
    chown jjo /home/jjo/Desktop/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/0ad.desktop
--------------------

I still get the same error:

Code:
--------------------
    There was an error launching the application.
  Details: Failed to execute child process "/home/jjo/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources" (Permission denied)
--------------------

I have openSUSE 11.1  on a 64 bit machine.

Regards

--
njol
njol's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=60220
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
njol
7/12/2011 4:36:03 PM
Hi njol,

In danger of making myself a complete fool, shouldn't the "*.desktop"
file actually be ON the desktop instead of
~/Desktop/0ad-r09786-alpha/build/resources/ ?
This leads me to the question, did you follow the
'build instructions'
(http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Linux)
or did you just untar it to your desktop? In the latter case, you can
set as many permissions you like: you don't have an executable file.
Not having any repository left, maybe this is the time to rather
upgrade / reinstall 11.3 or 11.4?

> In danger of making myself a complete fool,
Hope, I didn't.
;)
CU

kasi

--
kasi042
kasi042's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=59617
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=462724

0
kasi042
7/12/2011 6:36:03 PM
On 07/12/2011 08:36 PM, kasi042 wrote:
> This leads me to the question, did you follow the
> 'build instructions'
> (http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Linux)

ok gamer @njol, make *reading* and *following*instructions* a game..

and play it a while..

and when you get real good at it you will find the *payoff* is having
another game you can play!! (with no sweat)

play on!

--
DD
-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat]Caveat[/url]-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Hardware]Hardware[/url]-[url=http://tinyurl.com/DD-Software]Software[/url]-

openSUSE, the [url=http://www.bmw.com]BMW[/url] of operating systems!

0
DenverD

UFRaw --> GIMP: Failed to execute child process
Hi, I'm not able to open GIMP through UFRaw... When I try to, the following dialogue appears: Error activating Gimp. Failed to execute child process "gimp-remote" (No such file or directory). Any clues? I checked my /.gimp file, and I actually have two versions (.gimp-2.4, .gimp-2.6)... Could this be a path problem or something like that? -- why do people open source? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #Solved# By upgrading UFRaw to latest version. It is a bug that was fixed as of version 0.14.1 > &g...

Aache not executing CGI files
Hi, I was able to get everything instaled and checksetup.pl completes properly. I am not able to get the main bugzilla page. I get "Internal Server Error - The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request." The Apache error.log shows the following Thu Sep 15 22:35:16 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 5)Access is denied. : couldn't create child process: 720005: index.cgi [Thu Sep 15 22:35:16 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 5)Access is denied. : couldn't spawn child process: C:/Program Files/Apache ...

EXECUTE permission deny
Any one can help me, below error messages for reference, thanks! Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_insertspend', database 'master', owner 'dbo'.Source Error: Line 96: cmdMid.Connection = conMid; Line 97: cmdMid.CommandText = "exec sp_insertspend '" + uid + "','" + Mid + "','" + status + "','" + spend + "'"; Line 98: cmdMid.ExecuteNonQuery(); Line 99: conMid.Close(); Line 100:Source File: f:\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Web\Soccer\main.aspx.cs    Line: 98 Stack Trace: ...

Child DW Help Help Help !!!!
Hi, Is it possible to modify the sql syntax on child datawindows dynamicaly. Please note that the child datawindows contains retrieval arguments. Is it possible, if it is, how can I do this Running on PB 7.0.2 c4 on Windows 95(Compaq) on a Novell network(Sorry). Tried connecting to ASE 11.9.2 and ASA 6.0.1. Thanks Mike ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Just use the Describe and Modify function as per normal setting the SQL Text before the Retrieve statement for the Child Datawindow. ...

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ 550 Permission denied.
Anyone else getting the same? http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ 64bit linux build (near bottom of page) Linux/x86_64 Linux/x86_64 .tar.bz2 (readme) (MD5 sum) (SHA1 sum) tries to link to: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.33.1/contrib/seamonkey-2.33.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 but that results in a 550 Permission denied error. Yeah, ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/ doesn't work either. However, I remember reading this newsgroup thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.general/Jqm5Q1swEnA ... It is after the 5th so ftp.mo...

SQL server
I have an application that uses Integrated Windows authentication. My Web.config looks like below <add key="dbconnection" value=" server=XXX;Initial Catalog=XXX;persist security info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;Pooling=true" /> When users try to access my application, they get the below error: Execute permission denied on object 'SprocName', database 'DBNAME',Owner,'dbo' The Only way I  could get rid off the error is if I set DBO permissions for the user group on the databse. Can someone suggest how to set up a security group with the ‘necessary’ permissions on ...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

EXECUTE permission denied on object sp_remote
I. 06/20 17:14:30. Sybase SQL Remote Message Agent Version 6.0.3.2747 I. 06/20 17:14:30. I. 06/20 17:14:30. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 06/20 17:14:30. Sybase, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and I. 06/20 17:14:30. documentation by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth I. 06/20 17:14:30. in a license agreement between the Government and Sybase, Inc. or other I. 06/20 17:14:30. written agreement specifying the Government's rights to use the software I. 06/20 17:14:30. and any applicable FAR prov...

Pipeline Fails within application or executable
Hello. I have a powerbuiler 6.5 pipeline that pipes from an Oracle 8.1.7 source database to an Oracle 8.1.6. destination database. The drivers I have defined in PB are the 073 drivers. (OS NT 4.0) I seem to have two issues going on within this new installation of PowerBuilder: 1. If I do not establish a connection FIRST to my databases using an ODBC connection, I get a Dr. Watson. If I start up Powerbuilder, and establish the ODBC connection first, I can use the pipelines that are defined using native connections. IF I open the Powerbuilder application and try to connect f...

EXECUTE permission denied on object error
Hi guys,I was trying to use the Ten Most Expensive Products stored procedure in the Northwind Database and got the following error: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'Ten Most Expensive Products', database 'Northwind', owner 'dbo'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'Ten Most Expensive Products', database 'Northwind', owner 'dbo'.Source ...

Help??Application Execution Error R0006?
does anyone know what this means. it says Application Terminated. Error: Invalid DataWindow row/column specified at line 111 in function wf_save object w_tab_client . any help would be appreciated. thanks, chris Chris -- You are probably invoking one of the GetItemxxx methods and referring to an invalid row number (ie. < 1 or > dw_x.rowcount()) or an invalid column. Check your code and make sure you're not using an invalid value for either. -- HTH Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com chris <chris_perry@harvard.edu> wrote in messag...

HELP: Create of executable file failed?
PB 8.0.1 Build 9056 win 2000 I am experiencing a very strange behaviour: After successfully deploying a small application (2 pbls) I was adding some minor changes. Since then I have the mentioned problem. What I did: 1. Create new pbls 2. copy all objects from the old pbls to the new ones 3. Regenerate everything in the library painter 4. Do a full rebuild with success! No error messages, no warnings! The executable is generated. but trying to rebuild again the same problem, full rebuild after building all types and regenerating without errors, it says "inspecting applic...

New test for dbd::mysql demonstrating that once an execute fails all other executes on same statement fail
Patch against dbd::mysql 3.0002_4 which demonstrates that if you prepare a statement and execute multiple times then as soon as one execute fails all subsequent executes fail. This obviously effects execute_array in particular as all the tuple_status values from the failed execute onwards show an error. I wasn't completely sure how to avoid tests which are supposed to fail producing an error and failing the test. It appears turning PrintError off for that test does what is required. I have as yet, no solution to the problem. Martin --- Makefile.PL Thu Mar 30 00:03:18 20...

Execute Permission denied when running from IIS
My development environment is IIS 5.1, asp.net 2.0, Visual Web Developer 05 Express, MS Sql 2005 Express with XP Pro.  I used a "stored procedure" in a webpage Formview to insert a record in a child table after inserting a record in the parent table.  All went well when testing in VWD. After deploying to remote site on same machine, I get an error "EXECUTE permission denied on object 'usp_Insertdataset', database 'Job_Tracker_SQL', schema 'dbo'"   when trying to insert.  I know that SQL Express is not suppose to support stored procedures.  Is there a work a...

child,chid of child ,child of child of child
    ............child  |parent|.............a1     |a     | .............a2     |a     |.............a11   |a1    |.............b1     |b     |.............b11   |b1    |.............b111 |b1    |............. Here is my table I want to get all childs of "a" ie {a1,a11,a2}I mean recursivelyie child,chid of child ,child of child of child ........etc up to any extentet the table containHow can...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

Web resources about - Failed to execute child process (Permission Denied) - opensuse.org.help.applications

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Davies McDonalds Happy Meal Project- all photos ©Sally Davies- use with permission only - an album on ...
View the album on Flickr. Flickr logo. If you click it, you'll go home Sign Up Explore Recent Photos The Commons 20under20 Galleries World Map ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

Michael Daniel Henderson who killed three teenagers in a smash denied permission to appeal
A driver who killed three teenagers in a hit-and-run smash in southeast Queensland has been refused permission to appeal his 10-year sentence. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.