Dropbox installation

Hi,
I want to install dropbox on my computer SUSE 12.1, X64, KDE. I got a
link from the post. After the installation, I find that is
"dropbox-servicemenu. 0.15.4-1.1). When I right click a file/folder, it
prompts me to some dropbox action. But it seems there is no dropbox
execution at all. It only shows dropbox-servicemenu under YaST/Software
Management. Could you tell me whether I can continue install the dropbox
software? And please tell me a link.

Or, I have to uninstall the servicemenu first.

Thanks in advance.

--
freerjw

freerjw

I found the answer to my question from a past post, see below copy
please if you need. My failure installation is because the rpm does not
recognized by the installer.
My new question is this linux dropbox usage seems different from
Windows version. Where can I find the description (documentation)?

Thanks.

To install .rpm packages without any issues.

"For people who are new to opensuse the complete path is: start menu -
> Applications -> Configure Desktop - > File Associations -> Search for
rpm -> Select x-rpm under application -> In Application Preference Order
select "Install/Remove Software" and click "Move Up" until it's on the
first position in this list."

--
freerjw
freerjw's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50919

0
freerjw
I get the following message at the end of dropbox installation. What is
wrong? My computer has a SUSE 12.1, X64, KDE.

Thanks.

Jeff-PC:/home/jeff/Downloads/nautilus-dropbox-0.7.1 # dropbox start -i
Starting Dropbox...Done!
Jeff-PC:/home/jeff/Downloads/nautilus-dropbox-0.7.1 #
(dropbox:10363): Gtk-WARNING **: /root/.dropbox-dist/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so)

(dropbox:10363): Gtk-WARNING **: /root/.dropbox-dist/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so)
which: no nautilus in
(/root/.dropbox-dist:/home/jeff/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin)
kioclient(10474): Session bus not found
/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 322: test: KDE Development Platform: 4.7.2
(4.7.2) "release 5": integer expression expected
/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 323: test: KDE Development Platform: 4.7.2
(4.7.2) "release 5": integer expression expected
/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 324: test: KDE Development Platform: 4.7.2
(4.7.2) "release 5": integer expression expected

--
freerjw
freerjw's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50919
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474265

0
freerjw
4/10/2012 3:06:03 AM
The instructions posted above appear to be focused on installing rpms
downloaded from somewhere, but not SuSE repos ?

I generally find it best to use rpms from SuSE repositories when they
are available.
They are not always the most recent versions, but have been tweaked for
the SuSE UI in many cases.

In this case, dropbox 0.7.1 can be found in the Repository 'HERE'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network/openSUSE_12.1)
Also, you will find dropbox-servicemenu 0.15.4 'HERE'
(http://tinyurl.com/7khg8b5)

Add those repos, install the rpms with Yast.

(The following is KDE centric)
After install, you will find dropbox.desktop in
/usr/share/applications/dropbox.desktop.
Copy dropbox.desktop to your desktop folder.
Click on the icon, dropbox will start and walk you through setting up
an account (or connecting to existing one).

Once installed, if you right click on a file in Dolphin, you will see a
series of Dropbox options in the Pop-Up Menu, such as copy the file to
your public folder.
You might have to restart Dolphin (if running while Yast installing) to
get the new service to appear in the menu.

You can check your installation , in a konsole window

Code:
--------------------
    carl@PVE-LinuxSRV5:~> rpm -qa |grep dropbox
  dropbox-0.7.1-3.1.x86_64
  dropbox-servicemenu-0.15.4-1.1.noarch
--------------------

A good starting point for Package Searches can be found 'HERE'
(http://software.opensuse.org/121/en).
Be aware that "Factory" repos represent the bleeding edge, and you
might get bloody using them unless you are careful, as many packages
there have advanced dependencies that can muck up your system when they
install. Use with caution.

Good luck, Dropbox works well here.

--
cmcgrath5035
cmcgrath5035's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=539
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474265

0
cmcgrath5035
When I right click a folder, it pops up: Dropbox/Move to Public folder
and paste URL link to Klipper

/Copy to Public folder and paste URL link to Klipper

After I select "Move to ..." or "Copy to....", bottom right corner
shows dialogue: Dropbox...........Public URL is now available in
Klipper

I go to /home/public folder and find nothing there. Is it right or not.
Where is the Public folder? Is it under /home/ or somewhere?

Thanks.

--
freerjw
freerjw's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50919
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474265

0
freerjw
4/10/2012 3:26:03 AM
Hmm, the GTK messages look like dependencies (that were not loaded with
the dropbox rpm.)

Did you use YAST to install?
Nautilus is the Gnome file manager (Dolphin is the KDE file manager)

But, it does appear dropbox is working anyway, or at least partially.
If you right click on the dropbox icon in the system tray, the top item
in the menu is open the Dropbox folder.
in my case is is /home/-user-/Dropbox.

Selecting that menu item should open Dolphin at the location Dropbox
thinks it is at.
Under in that folder you will see Two folders, Photos and Public.

--
cmcgrath5035
cmcgrath5035's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=539
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474265

0
cmcgrath5035
4/10/2012 3:46:03 AM
http://forums.opensuse.org/content/36-how-install-dropbox-gnome.html

--
Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.8.2 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap #1: 12.1 | Duo T4300 | KDE4.8.2 | Intel M4 Graphics | Lenovo G550 |
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474265

0
caf4926
4/10/2012 4:16:07 AM
For new users of sync services i would recommend 'Spideroak'
(http://tinyurl.com/75pmsel), they have a suse package on their website.
And yes i'm aware i used my referal link, but it is a win/win
situation, and it is true about the opensuse package

--
Duchesst

Duchesst

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

DNN4.0 Install - Starter kit installed, no application framework template
Hello,I have been using the install instructions at:http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspxand have finally gotten an instance up on one machine.  Now, I'm trying to install on a second machine, and for some reason, the DotNetNuke Web Application Framework template does not appear.I downloaded the starter kit, and ran the .VSI just like on the other machine.  It said that the installation occurred.  I have a template for a DotNet Nuke Web site, but not the application framework.How should I proceed??? Update!I have successfully installed on the second machine.  &nbs...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

Visual Studio 2005 Install Problem
Hi all, I have just rebuilt my XP machine and installed Visual Studio 2005. When trying to open previously created projects I get the following error message: The application for project <project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. At this point I did some reading and googling and discovered that 'Web Application Projects' is not included in the base Visual Studio 2005 package. I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) expecting this to fix the problem, however I still received the same error message when trying to open the application. ...

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

Help with User Application 3.6 Install
I'm very new to Identity Manager and remember from my class that the biggest battle in getting the User Application installed is getting the JBoss server to start correctly. I've gone over all of the steps required to set this up repeatedly hoping that I'd missed something but I keep ending up with the same result. I've got OES2 on SLES 10.1 with IDM 3.51 installed. This is a single box tree and all of my services LDAP and iManager and such are running on this box. I DID modify the JBoss ports so that it wasn't using 8080 or 8009. I've run the pre-r...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

Help! IIS no longer installing new applications
Get the message "The specified path "Http://server/test" is unavailable. The IIS might not be running, or the path exists and is redirected to another machine. please check the status of this virtual directory in the Internet Services Manager." I've checked, IIS is still running, indeed I restarted it, and the virtual directory does not exist. Short of reinstalling IIS, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dave Ignore this, the problem was that the system was corrupted. ...

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

How to install an Extension from an Application installer ?
Hi I am trying to find out how we can install a Firefox extension directly from an application installer. There is some material available from Mozilla on this a) first option, it says, is to install it directly to <appdir>/extensions/extensionID : I assume <appdir> is the Mozilla installation directory but how can we determine it from an application installer ? b) second option is to use the windows registry : I tried this one but it somehow did not work. Besides, manipulating the registry from an installer when nothing is known about which version of Firefox is install...

Web resources about - Dropbox installation - opensuse.org.help.applications

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Apple launching new broken iPhone upgrade, screen protector installation programs
... $200 for a 6, and $250 for a 6 Plus. Also involving iPhone displays, Apple Stores will start offering official plastic screen protector installations ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...

Beach House announce "installation" performances as a two-piece
... Jaurez-Carr) Beach House already announced a proper tour that includes three sold-out Webster Hall shows in NYC, and now they've added "installation" ...