Disabled XFCE Session Manager, now can't login to XFCE

I disabled the XFCE Session Manager when I last logged into XFCE, as it
used to prompt for a new session to be named every time I logged into
XFCE.
Now, I cannot login to XFCE. On trying to Login, the splash screen
(with the mouse graphic) appears and then the desktop and panel appear
very briefly (3-4 secs), and replaced by a blank black screen.

What can I do to re-enable 'Session Manager' ? I can boot via a 'Live
CD' and make any necessary changes to system file(s)-but I don't know
what XFCE file to alter ?

--
Registered Linux User # 483705 (openSUSE 11.1, i686)
'Smolts profile' (http://tinyurl.com/bwljzv)

zmdmw52

Can't see 'Xfce session' after update
Hey all. I'm a new openSUSE user. Thought of giving some other distros a try, so I started with openSUSE. I installed the Xfce packages and when I went to go install a panel plugin, it said that it needed to install some other stuff, including an update of xfce4-session to xfdesktop. After I did this, I could no longer see 'Xfce session' in the "Sessions" part of the log-in menu when I tried to log-in again. What do I need to do to fix this issue? -- linuxuser234 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Login wi...

Help : can't login and can't register after moving the site to IIS
I tested the site in VS2005, created a user and Administrators role. Everythingworks fine in VS2005, I can login, add events,...I copied all the web site folder to an IIS server folder, including the app_datafolder. I can access the web site, it displays well, but I cannot login and I can't register a new member.Does anyone know how to correct this? It looks like it's a database problem,but I'm not sure, I'm kind of new with ASP and SQLExpress mdf file.Is it enough to just copy the app_data folder?Thanks a lot.Aymeric UPDATE : I isolated the problem, it's a write permission on the aspnetdb...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

removed a server, now getting 'illegal nds username' errors? can't login
Using 8.7.3.2 across the board on Netware.. a server was removed from the tree, now random users can't login, get an error exactly as http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10020571.htm The user name context pair you entered is an illegal DS name." If users try to browse using the 'tree' button on the client, everything comes up white with question marks. dstrace shows that DS is IN sync, no errors. OS: Windows 2000sp4 CLient: 4.90sp2+all hotfixes Any ideas? Matt First we have to assume that you didn't delete the only replica ...

Moved login page and I can't login now?
I moved the login page to another tab that had a blog module on it. It won't let me in and it times out. How to I get into my portal now? I have access to enterprise manager, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for? Go to any other tab and add ctl=login to the url, this will get you the sign up page. so your url is something like xxx.com/Default.aspx?tabid=24&ctl=login. This is for 2.12, for 3.0.12 you need xxx.com/Home/tabid/24/ctl/Login/Default.aspx assuming friendly urls are enabled.Regards, Nick Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net  I tried that and it didn't ...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

can't use it; can't browse; need to job hunt; now what?????
Name: pamela tandy Email: ptandyatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't use it; can't browse; need to job hunt; now what????? Comments: This was a heck of a time to exclude all those people using older computers. Mine is OS 10.3.9. I cannot upgrade because I do not have a job. I am depending on the internet for internet mystery shopping jobs. now i cannot get my email, and cannot use a browser. how perfectly stupid. i can imagine there are as many of me out there as there are those who cannot afford a digital tv. we are talking millions. good luck to all advert...

can't login - reset
A few of my machines (all XP Pro, mostly C32-49SP2) have a hard time connecting. At the network login, a user will type correct username and password and hit Enter, then the little Novell "wait" icon appears and waits forever. If I simply hit the reset button and try again, usually it will connect and login properly on the 2nd try. Possibly this is worse after installation of C32-49SP2--not sure. For awhile we thought it was a bad cable, because replacing the cable seemed to make it work; but then we finally discovered that simply trying again usually made it work. An...

Transferring from CSK 2 DNN but Can't register in DNN Site.. Activation code not sent and i can't login..
Hii guys.. I have tried all the ways to register in DNN Site but there was no way.. registration required an Activation code and i tried to register using many emails but i didn't receive the code in any of them anyone knows from where can i get DNN if i'm unable to download it from DNN site.. anyone have it.. and can anyone tell me which last Version (none beta) available to dwnload.. ?? coz i'm still very new to DNN i'm transfering from CSK to DNN Have you checked the Bulk Email folder in your email - sometimes it catches these automated emails as spam. The current version is ...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Moved to PB 9.0.3, and now I can't build...because I can't see any objects in the PBDOM.PBD files
I tried to do a build just now, my first since moving to 9.0.3, Build 8004 from 9.0.2, and it failed. Invalid object soapexeption... Say what? Well, when I look at my Sybase PBDs, there aren'y any objects listed in these PBDs. Okay, so invalid is the correct error, but where did the objects go? The files aren't empty... Is there a way to regenerate the object list? c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbdom90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbejbclient90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbsoapclient90.pbd; I also have ...

Web resources about - Disabled XFCE Session Manager, now can't login to XFCE - opensuse.org.help.applications