Debug my RPM base

Hi all,

I have a server that crashed. I took the hdd out in order to
investigate.

I would like know to whole list of packages (from the RPM base) on the
server that crashed.

How can i querry this offline RPM database from another system ?

RedLightDistrict

RedLightDistrict

Couldn't you chroot in and do it that way or am I missing something?

something like this

mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/home
mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
mount --bind /dev/pts /mnt/dev/pts
mount --bind /dev/shm /mnt/dev/shm
mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc/
mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
mount --bind /tmp /mnt/tmp
chroot /mnt

Before my hdd died I was doing this frequently to run Suse apps from
another distro, including yast and rpm queries.

--
FeatherMonkey
FeatherMonkey's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=78

0
FeatherMonkey
6/13/2008 1:06:04 PM
RedLightDistrict;1817499 Wrote:
> I have a server that crashed. I took the hdd out in order to
> investigate.  I would like know to whole list of packages (from the RPM
> base) on the server that crashed.  How can i querry this offline RPM
> database from another system ?

I've never tried this before ... Is the HDD still good?  Any chance you
could boot with to this hdd (as the boot drive) in a separate (approx
similar) diagnostic PC ?  ie physically connect this HDD to make this
HDD the boot drive.

Then Boot to run level 3 (text prompt) so you don't have to mess around
with different graphics adapters.

Then when in run level 3 you can type:
::*rpm -qa --last > somefile.txt*::

Then plug in a USB stick, mount it manually, and copy somefile.txt to
that USB stick.  Umount and remove the USB stick.  Shutdown the PC.
Then restore the original HDD in that diagnostic PC, and examine the
text file offline.

--
oldcpu's Stonehenge specs: relatively ancient AMD XP 2800, 2G DDR400,
ASUS A7N8X, Nvidia FX5200, Pioneer DVR-108, SuSE-10.3
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385774

0
oldcpu
6/13/2008 1:06:04 PM
0
ab
6/13/2008 1:26:41 PM
Yes my HDD are still good.

Ok, i will mount them and i will use the
`rpm -qa --dbpath /mnt/mountedDrive/var/lib/rpm >
/tmp/oldDriveRPMs.txt`

I will let you know

RedLightDistrict
RedLightDistrict's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1076
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385774

0
RedLightDistrict
6/14/2008 10:46:03 AM
I made a test with the command you said, and, unfortunately, I have no
results.

I first mounted the external hard drive, and then copied all
/var/lib/rpm folder content in the /tmp folder on my system.

Code:
--------------------
    mars:/# ls -alh /tmp/rpmdb
  total 9.7M
  drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K 2008-06-02 18:23 .
  drwxrwxrwt 3 root root 4.0K 2008-06-02 18:22 ..
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  16K 2008-06-02 18:21 conflictsindex.rpm
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  24K 2008-06-02 18:23 __db.001
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.3M 2008-06-02 18:23 __db.002
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 440K 2008-06-02 18:23 __db.003
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2.9M 2008-06-02 18:21 fileindex.rpm
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  16K 2008-06-02 18:21 groupindex.rpm
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  16K 2008-06-02 18:21 nameindex.rpm
  -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  12K 2008-06-02 18:23 Packages
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6.2M 2008-06-02 18:21 packages.rpm
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  84K 2008-06-02 18:21 providesindex.rpm
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  44K 2008-06-02 18:21 requiredby.rpm
  -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  16K 2008-06-02 18:21 triggerindex.rpm
  mars:/#
--------------------

And now, when I query this RPM base, I have no results:

Code:
--------------------
    mars:/# rpm --dbpath /tmp/rpmdb --query --all
  mars:/#
--------------------
Any ideas ?

RedLightDistrict
RedLightDistrict's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1076
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385774

0
RedLightDistrict

Help on how to debug an application
Hello Everyone. I have an email application that crashes very often and after it crashes I cant restarted unless I log off. I tried to find the PID with the help of ps -ef and top but it was not listed. Does any one knows how to debug the program as I run it. or is there a command to see what is going on? -- Hmmmm I wonder how long before im good at this???????????? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hgallo, First of all I would look into the log files to see if there's any info thee that may shed a light as to what is going on....

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

How to call a windows based application through a web based application
 Hi All, I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config -> Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission ...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

How to debug a package based VCL application?
Hi, I build my application with packages. I face a bug in my application. As Delphi doesn't ship the debug version of bpl/dcp, it is very hard to detect where the bug occurs unless I have a debug version of bpl/dcp. I am thinking to create my own debug version of bpl/dcp. I am using Delphi 2009, is that possible to do so? I tried this : http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=4&q=http://blogs.teamb.com/davenottage/2005/06/16/9366&ei=nv1uSfDhKoKcswLju4iUBw&usg=AFQjCNHtOS8ccPhleEpeh6w27feVjqaxeQ but it doesn't work in Delphi 2009. -- Best regards, Chau Ch...

need some help with non-rpm applications
when one downloads non-rpm packages they are placed in a download window(by file roller). Could someone explain where exactly this download window is located in the directory tree? or is it? how does one install these packages from the terminal as root without knowing where their located? Thanks for any assistance. -- willedoit ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I'm not sure exactly what you mean. FileRoller is a front end for archiving tools. It doesn't "download" files. What exactly are you trying to ins...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

Web resources about - Debug my RPM base - opensuse.org.help.applications

Debug (magazine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
De:Bug was a German magazine covering "electronic aspects of life", published monthly in Berlin from 1997 to 2014. Following a new definition ...

Debug (@debugcast) on Twitter

Microsoft debugs Explorer, Windows with Patch Tuesday updates
Another month of security updates from Microsoft means, once again, another round of fixes for the company's Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, ...

Debug like a doctor
... cause and effect. Fortunately, software developers can take clues from a much older discipline focused on the care, maintenance, and debugging ...

Xcode 5.0.1 released with Mavericks SDK and new build / debug features
... it the OS X 10.9 SDK and several new features for developers to use. The app is free in the Mac App Store . Developers can now use the “Debug ...

How to setup and use ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
This guide discusses how to setup and use ADB (Android Debug Bridge) on your computer.

Debug & Iterate team-up podcast: The future of human interface
Debug & Iterate team-up podcast: The future of human interface Marc Edwards of Bjango, Guy English of Kicking Bear, Loren Brichter of Atebits, ...

Android Wear v1.3 Includes 'Device To Debug' Picker, Reveals Upcoming "Together" And Interactive Watch ...
Google surprised us with the long, long, long-awaited Hangouts 4.0 release earlier today, but that wasn't the only update worth paying attention ...

Debug photos rumored to come from quad-core Apple iPad 3 with global LTE
A series of largely unverified photos published Wednesday claim to provide evidence that Apple's third-generation iPad will sport a quad-core ...

Debug Chrome, Safari apps from Firefox with new add-on
... (both on the desktop and on Android) and Safari (on iOS) remotely, enabling developers to use the Firefox development environment to debug apps ...