Dazuko 3 install - Kernel Source Files Missing

SuSE Linux 11.2 and Dazuko 3 installation problem.

Trying to install Dazuko to get Avira Anti Virus software installed.

devilsbackbone:/home/akwe-xavante/Download/Dazuko/dazuko-3.0.0-birthday
# ./configure
checking host system type... Linux
checking for make utility... ok (make)
checking for C compiler... ok (cc)
kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop/source... no
kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop/build... no
kernel build source in /usr/src/linux... no
kernel source in /usr/src/linux... no
error: no kernel source files found
devilsbackbone:/home/akwe-xavante/Download/Dazuko/dazuko-3.0.0-birthday
#

No Kernel Cource Files Found!

i understand that if i use:

./configure --kernelsrcdir=/usr/src/!Kernel Source! it will work but
where is the kernel source location?

tried....

./configure --kernelsrcdir=/usr/src/packages

this doesn't work either, i get an additional line that reads:

(perhaps kernel source in /usr/src/packages not configured?)

Is there something i'm missing or am i doing something wrong?

Mark

--
akwe-xavante

akwe

(1) Have you really installed kernel sources?
(2) What is this Anti-virus for?

--
openSUSE 11.2 (x86_64) with KDE 4.3.1 (Release 6) on MacBook Pro
Latest MS Windows version used: Win95

0
syampillai
12/28/2009 6:06:03 PM
Use yast2 to install the kernel sources for kernel 2.6.31.5 including
kernel-headers. They will be installed in directory
/usr/src/linux-2.6.31.5-*

Then create a symbolic link /usr/src/linux pointing to linux-2.6.31.5-*
(the * means whatever it will actually be, replace it with the value you
see).

--
Think twice. Hit enter once.
vodoo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18902
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=429559

0
vodoo
12/28/2009 6:06:03 PM
Thank you all for your replies

Kernel source files!  Just how much space will this take up on the hard
drive?

This linux box will be moving around many gigabytes of MS Windows data
a week from many dead, corrupt, virus and malware infected MS Windows
computers that can't be repaired without formatting and re-installing
the OS. The origin of this data is at times dodgy.  Before i return this
data back to the customers MS Windows PC i want to scan it for viruses.
Clean the data so that the customer can't reinfect there computers from
there own data when i return it to them.

When you have 80gig plus of music, video and images etc to backup its
quicker to move it across my LAN to this linux box, then move it back
afterwards than it is to burn to DVD discs.

I want to make sure its clean before i move it back.

It can also be quicker to move there data out for burning to disc
whilst you format and re-install MS windows at the same time.

--
akwe-xavante
akwe-xavante's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=4308
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=429559

0
akwe
12/28/2009 6:46:02 PM
And why then compile Dazuko? There is a package waiting for you:
'Webpin' (http://tinyurl.com/yau9suu). Or is 2.3.7 not good enough?

--
Think twice. Hit enter once.
vodoo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18902
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=429559

0
vodoo
12/28/2009 11:26:02 PM
dazuko 2.3.7 from repos is DO not good enough
take for a 1st reason it's obsoleted and 2.x series should be used only
with older kernels. one really cannot understand why it exists in repos
and recent version is missing :sarcastic:

@akwe-xavante
go ahead with latest dazukofs 3.1.2

--
Rhaddamant
Rhaddamant's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=522
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=429559

0
Rhaddamant

Help...copy file when the source file is open by another application
CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. BB DD <> wrote: >CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. Open the file in read-only mode. If the file cannot be opened in read-only mode, it can not be copied. Open the destination file. Read the source file. Write the destination file. Repeat until done. Close both files. ... ...

Integrating do I integrate all help files
How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . Please don't cross-post. On 1 Nov 2004 12:34:08 -0700, "Damola adesuyi" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such >that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) >through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www....

Firefox could not install the file at http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/imtranslator/imtranslator-3.2-fx.xpi because: Download error -228
Name: Matt Hecker Email: matt_heckerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox could not install the file at http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/imtranslator/imtranslator-3.2-fx.xpi because: Download error -228 Comments: I think this is an add-on incompatibility caused issue, but even if so, can firefox 3 be made to work with this add-on? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Help with User Application 3.6 Install
I'm very new to Identity Manager and remember from my class that the biggest battle in getting the User Application installed is getting the JBoss server to start correctly. I've gone over all of the steps required to set this up repeatedly hoping that I'd missed something but I keep ending up with the same result. I've got OES2 on SLES 10.1 with IDM 3.51 installed. This is a single box tree and all of my services LDAP and iManager and such are running on this box. I DID modify the JBoss ports so that it wasn't using 8080 or 8009. I've run the pre-r...

Personal.install.comfig in the Install directory is missing in the Install zip file
Hello, I'm missing the Personal.install.config in the directory install in the zip file DotNetNuke_4.0.1_Install.zip. And also in the Source zip file. Yesterday i tryed to install the 4.0.1 over my 4.0.0 and the happened notting only that i had to restore the database and the backup of the site. Today i was trying to work with the Source and see the the Personal.install.config is missing as soon as i change the template to the default in web.config i was working. But don't get the Personal Website....

While trying to install the Firefox 3.5.3.dmg file yhe message appears that the file has been damaged.
Name: Jacques Schievink Email: jdoteschievinkatfreelerdotnl Product: Firefox Summary: While trying to install the Firefox 3.5.3.dmg file yhe message appears that the file has been damaged. Comments: While trying to install the Firefox 3.5.3.dmg file the message appears that the file has been damaged. It might therefore be transmission damage, but I downloaded the file a few more times with the same result. Other files I downloaded come through unscathed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/312.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/312.6 From...

i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file
i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file. I would like to manually install the help files. How to do it? I know, I am using Visual Studio 2008. thanks vsv sorry wrong group vsv "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4741d69f$1@forums-1-dub... >i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not >integrated into visual studio help file. > > I would like to manually install the help files. > > How to do it? > > I kn...

i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file
i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file. I would like to manually install the help files. How to do it? I know, I am using Visual Studio 2008. thanks vsv ...

Firs time Install of DNN 3.01.01 HELP HELP HELP
OK I've posted to the getting started forum. Worked on this for 3 nights. I'm not inexperienced in development. Been writing in C/C++ for 20 years. Have extensive SQL experience. And after 3 nights I'm just tired of screwing around with what should be a initial install.I've tried several clean installs. read all of the documentation, twice. Tried creating a portal after the fact. Searched the forum. Only to discover that this problem has been asked on at least 6 different occasions. Not once has it EVER been answered. So apparently when it happens these people just find another solution? Giv...

Help installing asp.net website
My asp.net developer recently have finished my project. He have emailed me with all the files, including .aspx, scc, all source, MDF, LDF, and etc I would appericate if someone could write up a quick instruction on how to install the files, telling me which files to upload to ftp and which files to upload for MSSQL database.Thanks in advance...

Incomplete 4.3.1 install using source.zip (missing modules)
Any idea why an install using DotNetNuke_4.3.1_Source.zip fails to fully populate the DesktopModules table so that most DNN modules are missing and the Home page has no modules?  The virtual directory points to the Website subfolder of the install folder.  DotNetNuke_4.3.1_Install.zip installs just fine (no subfolder).Dave McMullenDMCMA – "Portals To Go"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.- Ralph Waldo Emerson...

My install file is missing the web.config file?
I'm new to this.  I copied my new install of dotnetnuke to my c:\, set everything up for IIS, ASPNET user, etc.   In the install video it says to modify the web.config file.  I don't have this file in my root folder.  I'm I missing something? If you find a release.config in the directory, just rename it web.config and go about changing the database connection parameters and you should be ok. I believe the core team took web.config out of the distro and now have both a release.config and a debug.config instead. Richard EdwardsAvailable DotNetNuke modules ...

Source tarball missing for FF 3.6.3
Somebody forgot to put the source tarball in both the release and 3.6.3-candidates directories. FYI. On 2010-04-01, at 11:03 PM, swsnyder wrote: > Somebody forgot to put the source tarball in both the release and > 3.6.3-candidates directories. Thanks. We'll take care of it. cheers, mike Looking for the tarball now seven hours later and still no source. Will it be taken care of? --- frmsrcurl: http://mozilla-xp.com/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/Source-tarball-missing-for-FF-3.6.3 ...

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

looking for framework installation files for 3.0 and 3.5
Hello, I am looking for the installation files for the framework 3.0 and 3.5. I found this:  3.0 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=10cc340b-f857-4a14-83f5-25634c3bf043&displayLang=en 3.5 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en But these will download during the installation 40 MB (for 3.0). I need the total installation files. Could someone tell me where to get them? Thanks a lot for any help! Regards, Fabianus They are here http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?L...

Web resources about - Dazuko 3 install - Kernel Source Files Missing - opensuse.org.help.applications

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Ted Mack working to install an independent in Joe Hockey's old seat
Ted Mack is plotting the defeat of another Liberal Party candidate in North Sydney.

You can now try Firefox OS 2.5 on your Android device with a quick APK install
Bored with your current flavor Android, but don’t want to flash a new ROM? You're in luck. Firefox has today released an interesting "Developer ...

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
With iOS 9, it is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time ...

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...