change resolution

Images are all too large need a higher resolution . How on Open Suse
10.3 is this done? Using live cd for now.:confused:Thanks ,J08NS .

--
J08NS

J08NS

Did you install KDE 4, KDE 3 or Gnome?

--
enderandrew
enderandrew's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=659

0
enderandrew
6/11/2008 6:16:04 PM
KDE3 not sure, or KDE4 one of the 2 it was KDE not Gnome .:o

--
J08NS
J08NS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=773
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
J08NS
6/11/2008 6:36:04 PM
Open a Konsole/console window and look under help in thetop menu top get
the version of KDE; post that back here for enderandrew

--
'Come visit sometime'
(http://www.swerdna.net.au/linux.html)
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
swerdna
6/11/2008 9:06:03 PM
OK, release 3.5.7 realease 72

--
J08NS
J08NS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=773
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
J08NS
6/11/2008 9:56:03 PM
OK that's KDE standard (pre ver 4)

Can you elaborate on "images"; there are quite a few situations you
could be referring to?

--
'Come visit sometime'
(http://www.swerdna.net.au/linux.html)
swerdna's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=84
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
swerdna
6/11/2008 10:26:04 PM
:cool:I need to bring the resolution up to or near1680x1050 my monitor
native resolution . And I can't find where to change the
settings.:confused:

--
J08NS
J08NS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=773
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
J08NS
6/11/2008 10:46:04 PM
I'm sitting in front of a Windows computer at work at the moment, which
is why I haven't answered earlier.  I didn't want to give you the wrong
answer off memory.

KDE 4 has fairly large icons by default, and I thought that may be the
issue.

Off memory, and correct me if I'm wrong, you change resolution via a
Yast moduled called SaX2.  Click on your Start/Kickoff menu.  Then
click on Computer.  Then there should be an option for Yast/System
Administration.

With all the hardware stuff, I believe there is an option for
Display/SaX2.  You can set and test your resolution there.

--
enderandrew
enderandrew's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=659
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
enderandrew
6/11/2008 10:56:03 PM
Great that is what I need to do!I hope the options are there I will try
later and post results. :)Thanks! The large veiw has got to go :(

--
J08NS
J08NS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=773
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
J08NS
6/11/2008 11:16:04 PM
Hi, ok you are right the options were there where you pointed out and I
upped the monitior resolution it is fitting much better now not so
large.Only downside now is task bar is only 1/3 visible with the new
settings .:cool: Aside from that success thus far:)!

--
J08NS
J08NS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=773
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
J08NS
6/12/2008 9:36:03 AM
Try the auto-fit or auto-adjust button on your LCD

--
harryc56
harryc56's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=79
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
harryc56
6/12/2008 10:06:03 AM
Didn't think of that yet Thanks will do .I am holding off on using more
than the live cd now until I put in a second HD which is slowly in work
.I have only used computers for about 2years so all of the stumbling
blocks are still there .Good reply,. :cool:

--
J08NS
J08NS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=773
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385614

0
J08NS

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

How to work with resolution changes in an application
I need to work with resolution changes, specialy to resize GUI objects in the 800*600 and 1024*768 resolutions Does anybody knows how to do it or where I can find documentation for it . Thanks... Jonathan wrote: > I need to work with resolution changes, specialy to resize GUI objects in > the 800*600 and 1024*768 resolutions > Does anybody knows how to do it or where I can find documentation for it . > Thanks... > > The PFC has a great resize service. Even if you aren't using the PFC, you can always "borrow" the code from it. Thanks, bu...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

Need to change the Help content in user application
Hello - We are using Novell user application 3.5.1. We see Help link in all the windows and the Help link in each of the windows opens up the same static content. We have a requirement to change this particular content say, can we have a pdf to be opened when the user clicks on this link. If this is possible let us know how we can do this? Thanks, Sathya -- karthikcts ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Greetings Sathya, The answer is no. Just like I outlined to you in your post "Customize User Application"...

Web resources about - change resolution - opensuse.org.help.applications

Display resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For screen sizes (typically in inches, measured on the diagonal), see Display size . For a list of particular display resolutions, see Graphic ...

Health, Travel, Money Lead New Year’s Resolutions on Social Media
... and analytics company, has monitored social media activity throughout the month of December to determine the most popular New Year’s resolution ...

3 Ways to Use Your Blog to Stick to Your Resolutions
Raise your hand if you've ever enthusiastically made New Year's resolutions - or perhaps thoughtfully chosen a word for the year - but, in spite ...

New Year’s Resolutions: Why Branding should be before PR & Marketing this Year
It’s the most wonderful time of the year—nope, not the holidays. Those are over and it’s time for my favorite New Year’s tradition: resolutions. ...

Apps to help you keep your New Year's resolutions
From fitness trackers to a mobile daily journal, these apps can help you keep your goals on track

What are your New Year gaming resolutions for 2016?
Just three more days (for me, I don't know about you weirdos outside of California) and 2015 is over. Any New Year's Resolutions you have that ...

Dear Veronica: Resolution resolutions
Did you think you could come to Engadget today and not get tech resolutions for the New Year? Think again, my friends! I asked, and you sent ...

Sheryl Sandberg Reveals 'Joyful' New Year's Resolution in Emotional Essay on Healing After Husband's ...
The Facebook COO shared a heartfelt open letter about how she managed to pull through after the sudden death of her husband in May.

New Year's Resolution: Ski Better Than Ever Before
A number of top resorts offer women-only ski camps, but few places have been doing it longer - or do it better - than Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. ...

GeekWire Deals: Make a resolution to stop losing your keys with this discounted tracker
What are you sick of losing? Maybe your keys always seem to be in a coat pocket you didn’t know you had? Maybe you’re a frequent travel but your ...