can't run KDE desktop after full disk space!

Dear All,

I am in a big trouble, I have openSUSE, everything is ok before i had a
warning message saying that my disk space is full, I restarted the
machine, then after that I have a message telling that open SUSE can't
start, & there is error in instalation...

I opened file safe & removed some items, but I can't logged on to the
desktop again, it is just a console, I want to work on KDE desktop.

please help I have to deliver my graduation project after hours...
thanks,

Hadidi

--
mhadidi2002

mhadidi2002

From the console, do

QUOTE]df /dev/sda*

If possible, post here. Then we can see how your disk is partitioned, and
what is full. It might be that you need to delete some files in /tmp
directory

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122

0
deano

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

can't startup SUSE after full disk space!
Dear All, I am in a big trouble, I have openSUSE, everything is ok before i had a warning message saying that my disk space is full, I restarted the machine, then after that I have a message telling that open SUSE can't start, & there is error in instalation... I opened file safe & removed some items, but I can't logged on to the desktop again, it is just a console, I want to work on KDE desktop. please help I have to deliver my graduation project after hours... thanks, Hadidi -- mhadidi2002 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Disk space full and can't fully boot server to delete!
I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do? -- redcoat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Redcoat, > I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk > space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use > any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do? Use something like JCMD och CPQFM to delete files off the ...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

I can compile but I can't run. Help!
I'm trying to run my project, and I can't get it to run under the IDE. Here's the issue: There are no syntax errors in my code. When I do a full build (SHIFT-F9) it will compile just fine. When I hit F9 or CTRL-F9 to compile without a full build: [DCC Fatal Error] turbu_database.pas(1155): F2051 Unit turbu_skills was compiled with a different version of turbu_database.GDatabase First off, 1155 is an invalid line. The file ends at 1152. Second, as I understand it, this error is only supposed to occur when you're trying to compile something and you're missing ...

Sunbird 0.8
I installed Sunbird 0.8 on my Windows XP system. However, I can't save a profile, and can't run without one. When I try uninstalling from Control Panel, nothing happens. The window blinks, but the application is not uninstalled. If I try deleting the "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Sunbird" folder, I can't because most of the files are 'in use'. Task Manager does not show Sunbird running. Help! What do I do now? ...

Help : can't login and can't register after moving the site to IIS
I tested the site in VS2005, created a user and Administrators role. Everythingworks fine in VS2005, I can login, add events,...I copied all the web site folder to an IIS server folder, including the app_datafolder. I can access the web site, it displays well, but I cannot login and I can't register a new member.Does anyone know how to correct this? It looks like it's a database problem,but I'm not sure, I'm kind of new with ASP and SQLExpress mdf file.Is it enough to just copy the app_data folder?Thanks a lot.Aymeric UPDATE : I isolated the problem, it's a write permission on the aspnetdb...

Can't see contents of the Desktop folder on KDE Desktop
Hi I have KDE 4.6.5 and (up until now) I could see and access files and folders on my Desktop. My Desktop was set to display the contents of /home/john/Desktop. I set this up from Right-click --> Folder View Settings --> View --> Layout --> Folder View. Then Location --> specify a folder == /home/john/Desktop. But now when I do this I don't see the contents of the /home/john/Desktop folder. Instead I see a blank screen with a tab on the RHS labeled "New Activity". How do I revert to viewing the traditional Desktop and its traditional contents? ...

XP won't run new Win validation, can't run WU
XP Home w/ IE8 -- just went to Windows Update for the hell of it (admin account) and for the first time in a long time, WU claims I need to validate Windows. Fine by me, it's genuine, but the validation ActiveX control is failing and neither validation nor Update will run. The IE8 Info Bar is not popping up to alert me about the ActiveX problem, and if I click the "alternate validation method" button, a popup states that all ActiveX controls are "Passed" with the exception of the Windows Genuine Advantage control, which freezes as "checking". ...

Rakudo can't run on cygwin (WinXP), can anyone help me?
--001636e1fd0159e36c0468397443 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I put Rakudo from git under C:\cygwin\home\admin\rakudo(cygwin:/home/admin/rakudo), It compiled nicely. but it didn't do anything and just went back to the prompt parrot:"make test" is OK rakudo: "make test" is OK, but "make spectest" is FAILED! Regards, mjk --001636e1fd0159e36c0468397443-- Ma Jinke wrote: > I put Rakudo from git under > C:\cygwin\home\admin\rakudo(cygwin:/home/admin/rakudo), It compiled nicely. > ... > ...

Web resources about - can't run KDE desktop after full disk space! - opensuse.org.help.applications