Can't load package from repos. Yast2 can't find file /repodata/repomd.xml

I usually use PClinuxOS but I just installed Suse 12.1 and am trying to
find and load Cinelerra or Open Shot

When I try to add programs I get an error from Yast2:

"Cannot access installation media
'Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss'
(http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/)
(medium 1)

Check whether the server is accessible.

URL
'Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss'
(http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/)

File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium
'http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/'  "

It appears that it is looking for " '/repodata/repomd.xml'"

When I go to
"http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/"  Via
cutting and pasting the address in Fire Fox I do not see it either.

--
skikir

skikir

It is possible that your mirror is refreshing The error then will just
go away in a few hours. If you need a change right now you may try to
register by hand a mirror that is geographically near to you from the
'mirror list.' (http://mirrors.opensuse.org/)

--
Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature
? Not able to control? Then please vote for

0
stakanov
12/6/2011 10:36:02 PM
Thanks!  I checked out a couple of other repos and found some that had a
directory ....../repodata/repomd.xml  and added that into yast and it
worked.

example: 'Index of /distribution/openSUSE-stable/repo/oss/suse'
(http://tinyurl.com/6wvebe4)

I looked back and checked the default URL for download.opensuse and
seems there is an error in the stock URL or there is no "/repodata"
directory in the repo.

url

--
skikir
skikir's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=64100
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=469326

0
skikir
12/7/2011 12:26:03 AM
Happy to know that it works. The original directory is by itself only a
server that is redirecting to other mirrors. In theory it should choose
the one that is answering the fastest, that is "wins the race". Now
sometimes either this server or others are updated. Not all mirrors
update with the same frequency and not all are fast. Think of it as a
lake. You through a stone (the update) and it takes time for all mirrors
in the water to be hit, depending on how they are set up. Some mirrors
may be in the process of building up or in restoring. So I would think
that the repo.xml is restored soon, as the process of refresh will go
on.
Have fun.

--
Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature
? Not able to control? Then please vote for
*https://features.opensuse.org/312047*. openSUSE should have an
efficient web of trust.
stakanov's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18954
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=469326

0
stakanov
12/7/2011 10:16:02 AM
skikir;2415209 Wrote:
> Thanks!  I checked out a couple of other repos and found some that had a
> directory ....../repodata/repomd.xml  and added that into yast and it
> worked.
>
> example: 'Index of /distribution/openSUSE-stable/repo/oss/suse'
> (http://tinyurl.com/6wvebe4)
>
> I looked back and checked the default URL for download.opensuse and
> seems there is an error in the stock URL or there is no "/repodata"
> directory in the repo.
>
> url

Hi,

I have the same problem, for all repositories I tried, (including
packman), even when the target file is available (tested url in the
"show details" and it loaded a file).
I tried changing the url in yast, I tried with command line (zypper ar
...), no way :-(
I read that dns could be an issue (?) -->I ed the ip address instead,
still no way
I thought that I could use wireshark to analyze the traffic and see
what really happens, but for this the install must be working :-(
I am lost now, stuck since yesterday.

----> Is there some troubleshooting tool / script I could use to check
my configuration of the default repositories or reset to working
defaults - make sure it works, at least for oss and non-oss default
repositories?

thx

Pierre

--
traversee
traversee's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=66408
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=469326

0
traversee
3/4/2012 12:16:03 PM
i'm having the same problem now, but only with the packman repo ('Index
of /suse/12.1/' (http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.1/) ). both YAST
software management & zypper complain that the file
http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.1/repodata/repomd.xml isn't available.
the error message (zypper):

Code:
--------------------
    Download (curl) error for 'http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.1/repodata/repomd.xml':
  Error code: Unrecognized error
  Error message: Empty reply from server
--------------------

strangely, the file contents of repomd.xml shows fine if accessed in a
browser, but YAST & zypper keep complaining that there's an "empty
reply" from the server.

i've removed the repo, removed anything i found in zypper's cache, but
re-adding it isn't possible because of the above error. trying "curl"
from the command line produces the same error, while wget returns this:

Code:
--------------------
    phani@phani:~/tmp> wget http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.1/repodata/repomd.xml
  --2012-04-05 10:44:25--  http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.1/repodata/repomd.xml
  Connecting to 192.168.1.3:3128... connected.
  Proxy request sent, awaiting response... No data received.
  Retrying.

  --2012-04-05 10:44:26--  (try: 2)  http://packman.inode.at/suse/12.1/repodata/repomd.xml
  Connecting to 192.168.1.3:3128... failed: Connection refused.
  phani@phani:~/tmp>
--------------------

i'm beginning to suspect that the server in question may be using some
blacklist to block spammy IP addresses. (i'm living in india, and my ISP
often gets included in one or the other blacklist.)

i'll be writing to the packman people next and let you know if i find
anything useful.

--
phani.

--
phanisvara
phanisvara's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=25090
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=469326

0
phanisvara
4/5/2012 5:26:02 AM
i'm sorry, in my case at least this was caused by my proxy settings.
(i'm using squid proxy, together with a custom ip table and some rules
to be able to use two ISPs simultaneously, via different proxy ports.)
after switching off the proxy, i was able to refresh the packman repo.
ok.

for anybody else having a similar problem, i suggest that you try to
download the file in question via wget, from a terminal. that's a little
more verbose than curl, it seems.

--
phani.

--
phanisvara
phanisvara's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=25090
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=469326

0
phanisvara

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time
Hello, After installing NSS services, when my OES Linux SP2 server finishes loading I see "Failed services in runlevel 3: novell-tomcat4 apache2" Looking in /var/log/boot.msg I see: <notice>start services (novell-tomcat4 novell-nss apache2) Starting tomcat4: chown: `novlwww:www': invalid user su: user novlwww does not exist Starting httpd2 (worker) httpd2-worker: bad user name wwwrun The command line was: /usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -DSSL failed This is the first OES Linux server on which NSS was installed, and there is no n...

Can't get around this problem, Can't load
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/5bin.sun4/perl: fatal: relocation error: file /home/morry/src/pcdesign,v14.x/lib/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: symbol Perl_no_modify: referenced symbol not found at /usr/dist/share/perl5,v5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206, <BOM> line 5362. at (eval 1) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 3, <BOM> line 536...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Can't rename variables and can't find references
Hello. I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context menu and the key bindings does not work either. I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? Best Reagards. Martin S. wrote: > Hello. > > I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for > renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context > menu and the key bindings does not work either. > > I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? > Can you bui...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

WWW::Search::Google-->Service description 'file:' can't be loaded: 404 File `' does not exist
Dear my friends... I tried a simple code like this: ==== #!/usr/bin/perl -w use WWW::Search::Google; $key="ABQIAAAASzVWEo9_PkDjwjTkhPHJIxTovFWtVmuuMSRYt_dv3iXA1zQ3OxT9hxr3F7hqD-SZIzQb7p0QjzUobQ"; my $search = WWW::Search->new('Google', key => $key); $search->native_query("Business Education"); while (my $result = $search->next_result()) { print $result->title, "\n"; print $result->url, "\n"; print $result->description, "\n"; print "\n"; } ==== But as I run this ...

IDM3 Won't Load
This is on OES SP2. How do I go about solving this? 1344445360 MISC: jvmload: LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to /usr/lib/nds-modules:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/nds-modules/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/usr/lib/nds-modules/jre/lib/i386: 1344445360 MISC: jvmload: Using existing JVM 1344445360 DVRS: DirXML Registration Error: Cannot find class: com/novell/nds/dirxml/engine/NativeDriverShim 1344445360 DVRS: DirXML Registration Error: Cannot find class: com/novell/nds/dirxml/engine/NativePublicationShim 1344445360 MISC: jvmload: release JVM 1344445360 DVRS: DirXML JVM interfac...

Can't find assemblies, then becomes can't copy pagefile.sys?
 I had a working project, a web service with a .vbproj_deploy project around it and a setup around that that produced an .msi file that worked like a champ.I left to work on another project, and when I came back I started working on a new computer and had to get VS2005 installed there.  Pulled in the old project from source safe and everything built correctly except this one part, where I was told it couldn't find anything to assemble.    Then, going into source safe, I checked in what minor changes I'd made and the next time I loaded VS2005 it told me that d...

Help : can't login and can't register after moving the site to IIS
I tested the site in VS2005, created a user and Administrators role. Everythingworks fine in VS2005, I can login, add events,...I copied all the web site folder to an IIS server folder, including the app_datafolder. I can access the web site, it displays well, but I cannot login and I can't register a new member.Does anyone know how to correct this? It looks like it's a database problem,but I'm not sure, I'm kind of new with ASP and SQLExpress mdf file.Is it enough to just copy the app_data folder?Thanks a lot.Aymeric UPDATE : I isolated the problem, it's a write permission on the aspnetdb...

Web resources about - Can't load package from repos. Yast2 can't find file /repodata/repomd.xml - opensuse.org.help.applications