Blackberry and Kontact

I will be migrating my mother to Linux finally.  She has an at home
business, and her PIM data is crucial.  However, she is separately
maintaining info in her Yahoo account, proprietary Windows apps, and
her Blackberry.

I'm moving her over to Kontact (her address book mostly imported in,
save for a few fields, except it is thousands of entries!).  Next I
need to get with her and find a way to sync her Blackberry, which I've
never attempted in Linux/KDE.

What apps do I need?  Can I sync the Blackberry directly with her info
from Kontact?

Thanks!

--
enderandrew

enderandrew

enderandrew;1816115 Wrote:

> I'm moving her over to Kontact (her address book mostly imported in,
> save for a few fields, except it is thousands of entries!).  Next I
> need to get with her and find a way to sync her Blackberry, which I've
> never attempted in Linux/KDE.
>
> What apps do I need?  Can I sync the Blackberry directly with her info
> from Kontact?
>
> Thanks!

found this : 'synchronizing-a-blackberry-in-linux/'
(http://tinyurl.com/6yfhpk)

--
hotus
hotus's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=548

0
hotus
6/11/2008 6:26:05 AM
I should mention that I never really got to try out that article.

The article is aimed at Ubuntu it seems.  The Barry project supposedly
will allow backing up your Blackberry, syncing with your favorite
programs, etc.  However the only openSUSE packages are for openSUSE 10,
and those packages don't work in openSUSE 11.  They claim libraries like
libusb and libtar are missing, even if they are installed because they
are looking for different versions.

I tried downloading the barry code and compiling it myself, but I can't
even get ./configure to work, since it still complains that libusb is
missing, when it is installed.

Does anyone know of a good way to make a Blackberry work in openSUSE
11, or can they help make Barry packages for openSUSE 11?

--
enderandrew
enderandrew's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=659
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385581

0
enderandrew
7/30/2008 5:36:03 PM
[QUOTE=enderandrew]
I should mention that I never really got to try out that article.

The article is aimed at Ubuntu it seems.  The Barry project supposedly
will allow backing up your Blackberry, syncing with your favorite
programs, etc.  However the only openSUSE packages are for openSUSE 10,
and those packages don't work in openSUSE 11.  They claim libraries like
libusb and libtar are missing, even if they are installed because they
are looking for different versions.

I tried downloading the barry code and compiling it myself, but I can't
even get ./configure to work, since it still complains that libusb is
missing, when it is installed.

Does anyone know of a good way to make a Blackberry work in openSUSE
11, or can they help make Barry packages for openSUSE 11?
[/QUOTE]
Hi
Generally, when compiling and it is missing something, it will be
the devel version if it's not installed. Assuming you have the normal
C/C++ tools pattern installed.

This builds version 0.13 OK on openSUSE 11.0. You need to install boost,
boost-devel and libusb-devel. Watch out for wordwrap on the cvs command.

[CODE]
1. cd ~
2. mkdir build
3. cd build
4. cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@barry.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/barry
co -P barry cd barry
5. sh buildgen.sh
6. ./configure --prefix=/usr
7. make
8. sudo make install
[/CODE]

I have a blackberry here, but am working on getting XmBlackberry to
work as then I can use it tethered.

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 10 SP2 i586 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.27-default

0
Malcolm
7/30/2008 9:00:49 PM
[QUOTE=Malcolm][QUOTE=enderandrew]
[...]

Oops, line 6 should be, just noticed when looked at btool --help,
there was no boost;

[CODE]
6. ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-boost=/usr/lib
[/CODE]

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 10 SP2 i586 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.27-default
up 10:34, 1 user, load average: 0.10, 0.19, 0.24
GPU GeForce Go 6600 TE/6200 TE Version: 173.14.12

0
Malcolm
7/30/2008 9:48:23 PM
[QUOTE=Malcolm][QUOTE=Malcolm][QUOTE=enderandrew]
[...]

Yet another update, libtar for 11 is in the packman repo and to build
the GUI, add --enable-gui to line 6. Note there are quite a few extra
devel libraries to add. Suggest you leave YaST running (when it asks
abount installing more rpms) and say 'Yes'.

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 10 SP2 i586 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.27-default
up 11:20, 1 user, load average: 0.51, 0.29, 0.14
GPU GeForce Go 6600 TE/6200 TE Version: 173.14.12

0
Malcolm
7/30/2008 10:35:06 PM
I'll have to try that next time I'm over at my mom's house.  Thanks!

--
enderandrew
enderandrew's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=659
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385581

0
enderandrew
7/30/2008 11:36:03 PM
This isn't ideal, but after spending a couple of fruitless weeks trying
to sync up my moto q 9c directly to any app in opensuse, I gave up and
now sync it through Google.  I have a free app on my phone called
Oggsync, and there is a free app that I installed to sync Kontact
w/Google (GCalDaemon, I think?), and now I have my calendar in three
places.

It's not really that bad--my wife can access my calendar from her work
to see when my classes/meetings/whatever are.

I know this still doesn't address the contacts portion, and it might
not work on your Blackberry, but I thought I would throw it out there
to get you thinking "outside the box" in case a more traditional
approach does not work.

I have come to love Google for much more than search.  ;)

Maybe you can work something similar if needed.

--
wnj92996
wnj92996's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=201
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385581

0
wnj92996
7/31/2008 3:16:03 AM
Just out of curiosity (and cause I know a couple of blackberry users), I
searched a little, and found out it appears that google has some client
software that integrates into the blackberry's calendar, and syncs to
google's calendar for you.  Coupled with the software I mentioned for
contact (the daemon that runs in the background, also good for
evolution, I believe), your solution is here (unless you have another
solution already).

'Google Mobile - Sync'
(http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync/index.html)

Good luck!

--
wnj92996
wnj92996's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=201
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385581

0
wnj92996
7/31/2008 8:06:04 PM
[QUOTE=wnj92996]
Just out of curiosity (and cause I know a couple of blackberry users), I
searched a little, and found out it appears that google has some client
software that integrates into the blackberry's calendar, and syncs to
google's calendar for you.  Coupled with the software I mentioned for
contact (the daemon that runs in the background, also good for
evolution, I believe), your solution is here (unless you have another
solution already).

'Google Mobile - Sync'
(http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync/index.html)

Good luck!
[/QUOTE]
Hi
Thanks for the link, looks good. But (always a but there :) ) I'm also
using it for tethering, so will keep playing with barry, xmblackberry,
bluetooth etc. Only got bluetooth to work with the default kernel so
far, but that kills the sound, so a bit more work for me on this
machine :)

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SLED 10 SP2 i586 Kernel 2.6.16.60-0.27-default
up 1:18, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.20, 0.19
GPU GeForce Go 6600 TE/6200 TE Version: 173.14.12

0
Malcolm
7/31/2008 9:08:42 PM
If your still having trouble with this, it is really easy now. Just
goto
'SourceForge.net: Files' (http://tinyurl.com/58crgf)

Find your version and set that up as a depository through yast
Then run yast software management and do a search for barry.
Install and have fun!
Worked first (or second) ;) time. You cant have kontact running at the
same time, and as of now only contacts and events  work.
Hope this helps someone.

--
capnbh
capnbh's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15357
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385581

0
capnbh

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test and install a second time. This time I let the server run the update after registering with Novell. However, upon reboot the server was dorked as it could not read my /usr and /var partitions (fstab was bad). Now here is what changed between my first the second build: I added a separate partition for /usr, that is all. I could really use a hand here. If I can't trust the update mechanism ...... Chris. Chris wrote: > Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test > and install a second...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

Web resources about - Blackberry and Kontact - opensuse.org.help.applications

BlackBerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the brand of electronic devices. For its parent company, see BlackBerry Limited . For the fruit, see Blackberry . For other ...

BlackBerry 10 Comes With Native Facebook App, Timeline
With all of the hype about the iPhone 5 and Facebook’s renewed focus on Android , it’s easy for BlackBerry’s newest release to get lost in the ...

BlackBerry - Hey Team BlackBerry, what's shiny, new and... - Facebook
Hey Team BlackBerry, what's shiny, new and social all over? We want to tell you all about it. Can you guess what it might be? Tune in tomorrow ...

Breaking: Facebook Announces Facebook Platform for Mobile; Facebook for Blackberry
This just in – today at CTIA, Facebook is announcing Facebook Platform for Mobile. With Facebook Platform for Mobile, current Facebook Platform ...

The BlackBerry Priv
Despite being two diligently different companies, both HTC and BlackBerry share some surprising similarities: (1) both are established players ...

Android Headliner: Using BlackBerry’s Priv is Like Being Stuck in 2008
Over the summer, we kept on hearing about a mysterious BlackBerry smartphone running Android, and then as we entered the Fall we kept hearing ...

BlackBerry Priv review: Android fixes the OS, but the hardware can’t compete
The BlackBerry Priv, complete with slide-out keyboard. 13 more images in gallery "BlackBerry is still around?" That's the most common reaction ...

Priv is BlackBerry's last hope can it woo consumers and business users?
It’s fair to say that BlackBerry has been struggling a bit in recent times. After initially being a leading light in the smartphone arena last ...

BlackBerry’s second Android phone revealed in leaked photos
Making Android phones isn't going to be a one-and-done deal for BlackBerry . Even though the BlackBerry Priv just came out last week, we've already ...

BlackBerry sees handset profitability in 2016
BlackBerry could post a profit next year, helped by the launch of its Priv model, CEO John Chen told CNBC on Tuesday.