Adobe Flash Player and Firefox 4

Hi all,

I've been noticing that Adobe Flash Player crashes very regularly on
YouTube in Firefox 4. It literally crashes on pretty much every video
and comes up with the message "Adobe Flash Player has crashed, click
here to send an error report", when you send an error report it gives
you the option to reload the page, when you reload the page it usually
works but the same crash cycle repeats when clicking on another video.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't seem to have
done anything, it just seems to be a problem with Firefox 4 as I also
have Google Chrome installed and flash player doesn't seem to have any
problems.

INFO:

- I've installed Flash player through the openSUSE Non Free Repo:
  'Index of /distribution/11.4/repo/non-oss'
  (http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.4/repo/non-oss/)
- openSUSE Version 11.4 32 Bit
- Firefox Version 4.0 (Installed through the openSUSE official
  repo's)

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

James

--
jmwhite19

jmwhite19

I know you have a 32 bit system, but other people are having trouble
with flash with their 64 bit system.
'Firefox on openSUSE 11.4 plays film clips badly'
(http://tinyurl.com/4unnnmf)
One option might be to try to downgrade to Firefox 3.6.16-3.2 in Yast.

--
All the virtuous deeds and merit, can be destroyed by just one moment of
anger.

0
the
4/19/2011 6:06:02 PM
That might not be necessary. The updates that openSUSE downloaded today
included an update to the package flash-player and I assume
flash-plugins and other dependencies. Since then YouTube video's seem to
be much better now. (At least from what I've tested so far anyway). Well
it doesn't crash on every video now.

Hopefully this is the fix I've been waiting for, along with a load of
other people!

--
jmwhite19
jmwhite19's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=57150
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458320

0
jmwhite19
4/20/2011 5:06:02 PM
well you maybe can try view a webm video . you can visit  'YouTube -
Broadcast Yourself.' (http://www.youtube.com/html5) and join an html5
test. and the youtube video is changed to a webm video. flash on linux
is worst

--
human_fans
human_fans's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=57740
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458320

0
human
4/21/2011 12:36:01 AM
Yes,
The default openSUSE 11.4/FF4 install contains faulty Flash support.

You <must> run updates and acquire specifically the Firefox4 Flash
update to address a multitude of Flash issues, I haven't seen any
problems since.

Tony

--
tsu2
tsu2's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2578
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458320

0
tsu2
4/21/2011 1:36:03 AM
Oh don't worry, I run updates on a daily basis via the "zypper up"
command on konsole.

Like I said since the update yesterday Flash is a lot better. No
crashes thus far.

--
jmwhite19
jmwhite19's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=57150
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458320

0
jmwhite19

Adobe Flash Player
Name: Andrew Email: pangaattomdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player - Firefox 3 beta 4 Comments: Cannot install the plugin. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 I'm having the same problem. This only happened recently. On Mar 11, 12:26=A0pm, Andrew <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote: > Name: =A0 =A0Andrew > Email: =A0 pangaattomdotcom > Product: Firefox > Summary: Adobe Flash Player - Firefox 3 beta 4 > > Comments: > Cannot install the plugin. &...

Adobe flash-player does not work in Konqueror 4.0.4
This is essentially a bug report for Konqueror 4.0.4, 20080505 release 15.1. I installed Adobe flash-player using YaST. Flash-player works in Firefox, and not in Konqueror. Flash-player worked just fine for Konqueror in openSuSE 10.3. -- The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Daniel J. Boorstin US Patent Office ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Firefox 4 and Adobe Flash
Why is it that Adobe Flash frequently crashes on Firefox 4. I'm using opensuse 11.4 64bit ed. Is gnash better for youtube. This is getting really annoying. -- jedimasterk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I've personally always had a problem with Flash when it was using NSPluginWrapper. Go to about : plugins (Without the spaces) and where it says "Shockwave Flash" see if it says "nswrapper.libflashplayer.so" or something to that effect. If it DOES, I'd suggest going to YaST and removing nsplugi...

Adobe flash player #4
Name: eric benderoff Email: benderoffatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe flash player Comments: still can't download that key app in Beta 4 release. tells me program is not fully formed. it's possible that i'm using Firefox at a big company and i needed IT help to get it download to begin with.... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Adobe Flash Player in Firefox
Windows XP SP2 Firefox 2.0.0.14 Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124 Is there a way to disable the Adobe Flash Player plug-in? At least one site I visit often updates its Flash Player window about every 20 to 30 seconds and the Windows XP system spikes its CPU usage during the update. I visit that site often and leave it running behind other open (not Firefox)windows. The spiking effect the scrolling of the current window and that annoys me. So, I would like to doable the Flash Player for that site. Thank you. Whoops! Typo Corrections Windows XP SP2 Firefox 2.0.0.14 ...

Adobe flash player #4
Name: j.burke@earthlink.net Email: jdotburkeatearthlinkdotnet Product: Minefield Summary: Adobe flash player Comments: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weather/story?id=5027619&page=1 Adobe flash player never installs. Restarts FF to with no Adobe flash player. Fire Fox Version is latest nightly build as of 06/09/08 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008060906 Minefield/3.0pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Adobe Flash Player #4
Name: brian Email: fecklessrogueatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: adobe flash player Comments: hi there, was using firefox3 b5 and tried to install adobe flash player, it wouldn't install and I got this error message: Firefox could not install this item because "install-i3n..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem. thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

about adobe flash player on the firefox
Name: Ivan Rantung Email: braveyoungmanatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: about adobe flash player on the firefox Comments: i just want to asked, why if i want to login the texas Holdem poker (zynga)on facebook, firefox its allways show me if i must upgrade the adobe flash player. but sure, my adobe flash player its up to date. please help me Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; id; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if ...

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR FIREFOX
Name: PEPE ARENAS Product: Firefox Summary: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR FIREFOX Comments: Just for your info t is really complicated installing Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45 in FIREFOX. I wanted sending a picture but not attachment is possible. Think on it. A paint of the window will help you more. Working with: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Versión 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Compilación 2600 Microsoft Corporation Computer - Acer Sistem Model - TravelMate 660 Tipo de sistema Equipo basado en X86 Procesador - x86 Family 6 Model 9 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel ~1594 MHz BIOS Ve...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Flash player has problems with Firefox 4
Name: Alex Paillier Email: breizhdotalexdot22atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Flash player has problems with Firefox 4 Comments: When i'm on YouTube or any other videos web site with Firefox 4 beta 6, when i scroll down and up the page i've got a display problem. Like on this screenshot = http://nsa19.casimages.com/img/2010/10/29/101029091038909644.jpg Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b6) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedbac...

problem with firefox adobe flash player
Name: P. royer Email: d-kmeathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problem with firefox adobe flash player Comments: I have the beta version of firefox. Since yesterday i could watch webtv and onlineradio with firefox, but sudently today adobe flash player doesn't work and doesnt want to download correctly : Impossible de charger: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll Cet élément ne peut pas être installé par Firefox car « install-y4c..rdf » (fourni par l'élément) est incorrect ou n'existe pas. Veuillez conta...

Firefox & Adobe Flash Player
Hello everyone, Before I ask my question, I want to tell you that I am a complete newbie with SUSE and Linux in general. I am trying to install adobe flash player for Firefox but I keep running into a brick wall. I downloaded the flash player from the adobe website (the one with .tar.gz), and extracted it. It's currently located in the 'Downloads' folder. I read up and found that the file needs to be in the usr/lib/browser-plugins folder, but when I try to move/copy it over there it tells me that my access is denied eventhough there's only one user on the sy...

firefox e adobe flash player
Name: vampirello65@yahoo.it Email: vampirello65atyahoodotit Product: Minefield Summary: firefox e adobe flash player Comments: vogliamo un player come adobe per firefox 64 bit Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2 x64; en-US; rv:1.9.3a1pre) Gecko/20091008 Minefield/3.7a1pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Adobe Flash Player and Firefox 4 - opensuse.org.help.applications

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox