2 things I want to do but need help.

I have successfully installed 11.4 with Gnome 2, after the disaster that
was Ubuntu 11.04. I have now made a permanent switch to openSUSE and I
like it a lot. However, 2 things that is missing from my life is
Screenlets and VLC player. Does anyone have any idea how I go about
installing these.

Thanks in advance.

--
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts."

Buddha in The Dhammapada.

chrispche

Not sure about Screenlets but 'Multimedia in One Click'
(http://tinyurl.com/68omn5o) will point you in the right direction for
VLC.

--
john_hudson
john_hudson's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1134

0
john
4/30/2011 6:36:03 PM
john hudson wrote:

> Not sure about Screenlets but 'Multimedia in One Click'
> (http://tinyurl.com/68omn5o) will point you in the right direction for
> VLC.

There are prebuilt packages for the screenlets in the openSUSE buildservice
http://tinyurl.com/3msxprh
both are home projects, so not official. I tried the maxge73 which worked
well on 11.4 for me (I always test that before I update my wife's notebook
because she insists on having them and she runs gnome).
As always the advice: Be careful when adding such repositories, disable them
after install to avoid trouble with mixed repos. It can break things.

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.2 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram

--

chrispche's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8390
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=459025

0
chrispche
4/30/2011 8:06:03 PM
chrispche;2332920 Wrote:
> Thank you people.

You may have to wait a bit for vlc.  The openSUSE build service has a
very recent bug, which has prevented the packman packagers from
rebuilding vlc for openSUSE-11.4.  Hopefully the problem will be sorted
soon.

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=459025

0
oldcpu

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help Help Help #2
I have created two transaction objects, one source and one destination, I have also created a pipeline object between the source and destination databases. Some of the fields in the source database contain blank spaces for values; after a successful pipeline the destination database fields that should contain spaces are now NULL. My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.3, my Sybase version is 6.0.4. Is this a simple setting change? Thank you in advance... I'm not sure if this is related or not, but, I've discovered what I think is a major bug in PB in that when a dw retrieves ...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

Web resources about - 2 things I want to do but need help. - opensuse.org.help.applications

Do the Right Thing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the film. For the song, see Do the Right Thing (song) . For the TV series, see Do the Right Thing (TV series) . Do the ...

... I was a very satisfied iPad Air 2 user, so I didn’t feel like I needed a bigger device. But after three weeks with my iPad Pro, several things ...

DHS to Silicon Valley: Tell us how to secure this “Internet of Things”
The Internet of Things. A tempest in a teapot? The Department of Homeland Security has announced that its Silicon Valley Office (SVO)—the agency's ...

10 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘The Wiz’
... the recent hit, Kinky Boots , has “updated the book for a modern audience.” What that means, we’ll find out on Thursday night. Age Is Nothing ...

Things to Read for Your Wee-Hour Procrastination on December 3, 2015
**Over at [Equitable Growth](http://EquitableGrowth.org)[The Equitablog](http://equitablegrowth.org/equitablog):** * **Nick Bunker**: [How Do ...

10 things in tech you need to know today
Good morning! Here's the tech news you need to know midweek. 1. Mark Zuckerberg is giving away 99% of his Facebook shares — worth $45 billion ...

Alicia Vikander: ‘It’s not 2 different things being male & female, it’s a big spectrum’
... best editorials I’ve seen with Alicia all year. I think she’s a very pretty woman, but in editorials… I don’t know, usually there’s something ...

Things get messy at Yahoo as reports of sales and a reorg swirl
After more than three years at the helm of Yahoo, Marissa Mayer has failed to create the "epic turnaround" that many had expected from the former ...

The Best and Worst Things to Buy in December
December is a month when most people can’t avoid shopping. You may have skipped Black Friday, but the holiday season is a different beast altogether, ...

What's The Most Baller Thing A President Can Do? Send A Boring Soccer Game To Penalties In The 63rd Minute ...
Sometimes, you’re sitting around watching a drab draw and you’re like “Bruh, I wish y’all could wrap this up.” Sometimes, you’re also a country’s ...