Intel drivers

Hello.

Does anybody knows are there anywhere compiled drivers ver. 2.6 for
intel graphics cards?

OS is OpenSuse 11.1.

Thanks.

--
alexandrov

alexandrov
3/19/2009 8:16:01 AM
opensuse.org.hardware.laptop 2366 articles. 0 followers. Follow

alexandrov;1960442 Wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does anybody knows are there anywhere compiled drivers ver. 2.6 for
> intel graphics cards?
>
> OS is OpenSuse 11.1.
>
> Thanks.

I do not know, but I would like say you that I have a laptop with Intel
965 GM
graphics adapter, and I had a terrible experience with openSUSE 11.1.
The main problem was with 3D applications, as AssaultCube, that used to
make my laptop freeze.

I searched in internet for a solution, but I could not found. I have
posted a
thread here and I reported the bug in the Novell Bugzilla, but no
solution
was found.

Well, I decided switch back to openSUSE 11.0. I should say that the
performance of graphics in openSUSE 11.0 is incredible better than in
11.1. For example, running glxgears in openSUSE 11.0 give me about 1150
FPS, while in 11.1 I used to obtain 400 FPS.

Any way, you could try install the Mesa packages from X11:/Org
repository
('Index of /repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.1'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.1/)).
It worked once for me, when I was using openSUSE 11.1. Unfortunately
only 3D acceleration worked fine. XRender problems never were solved.
So, if want to have a try, please, let me know if it works for you.
Note that the packages of X11:/XOrg repository are in test, so, they
are
unstable. If you have any problems with this packages, you will have to
switch back for the official packages.

Well, finally, I would like to say that, since I am using kernel
2.6.25, I am sure
that the Intel drivers for this kernel work fine and are stable.
Unfortunately,
I really do not know why there are so many problems for Intel cards
with
kernel 2.6.27. It is reasonable that newer kernel had better hardware
support than the older ones, isn't it?

Ednilton.

--
ednso
ednso's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15588

0
ednso

Acer Travelmate 'Intel' x.org Driver
I never really bothered in the past using OpenSUSE on my laptop because XP was sufficient at the time. But now it's just old and I can't be bothered to reinstall it every time something goes wrong, and the worst part most apps I use require an Admin account. I tried OpenSUSE 10.3 or 10.2 on my laptop, I'm not quite sure which version it was, but I had a problem with the new 'intel' driver replacing the 'i810' driver in x.org conf. So I reinstalled the 'i810' driver and everything was fine. Can I still do this on OpenSUSE 11 or is there no supp...

intel 945 gme; intel driver and external displays
Hi, I try to connect an external display (1440x900) to a laptop (dell inspiron 640m) with intel 945 GME, intel driver and opensuse 11 64 bit. Up to know I used as a workaround the i810 driver + profiles. (two different xorg.conf files). Now I decided to try the intel driver. So I launch Sax2 I configure the display for the right resolution I test it, save it and reboot. Of course the things do not work by itself decides that 1024x768 is better for him. Here is the xrandr output Code: -------------------- Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1440 x 1...

Drivers for Hardware
I just switched from Ubunto to Opensuse and I am curious how do I check for drivers for my hardware. Ubunto had a drive search in programs. Where is it for OpenSUSE? -- SuperIntense ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Use Yast - Hardware section to configure devices or post more specific info in the relevant section for the device. -- Box: Linux 2.6.27.21-170.2.56 i686 PAE | Fedora 10 | KDE4.2.2 | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM Lap: openSUSE 11.1 | Celeron 550 | (KDE4.2.2)"111" | Intel 965 GM | ...

Drivers Drivers Drivers on Terminal Servers
Hi, Ive running NW6.5 Sp5 with iprint client 4.26 on a pool of 2003 terminal Servers. Clients have printers installed via login sript each time they login. 1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the TS and workstation 2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver or RPCS Driver. Thamks Mike Michael@nospam.ddg.com wrote: >1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the >TS and workstation No. >2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver ...

Update intel drivers
Im a newbie just installed suse12 kde and I like,I figured out how to get on the wed with the wireless,but am wandering on how I update the drivers on my intel mobile 965 display adapter. It seems that the browsing scrolling is very jerky,thats how I can describe it. -- mark9950 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The driver is built in, no need to update I use the same Intel chip and it works perfectly If you have a low end specification you may need to disable desktop effects Also some users find in Firefox > edit >...

Intel hdc driver?
For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for my system. Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for? I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name and Google came up empty. I don't want to install an update until I know what it is for. "Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a49vue$1aal$1@news.grc.com... > For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for > my system. > > Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver v...

Drivers for Intel DQ965GF
I'm trying to install NW 6.5 SP6 on a clone with an Intel DQ965GFEKR motherboard. Here's the specs: Intel DQ965GFEKR Motherboard with on Board RAID Controller Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66 GHz) Processor 4 GB PC533 DDR2 SDRAM -- (3) 80 GB SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive Sony 16x EIDE DVD ROM Drive Integrated Intel Graphics Controller Integrated PCI Sound Integrated Intel Ether Express Pro 1000 I'm asked it to load and allowed for unsupported drivers. After loading the storage adapter drivers, it finds one device driver (IDECD). When I click on continue I get the messag...

New Intel Hardware.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20059716-260.html?tag=contentBody;topStories I think a robot came back from the future to kill someone and Intel got their hands on the robot and you know the rest ..... That's really cool. Moore's law was being stretched to a breaking point. But, like you, I wonder if we should be working to take these folks out so it eventually doesn't become Skynet. -- Kim - 5/5/2011 7:34:16 AM or.... Goodmorning Dave. -- Sewermonger ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sewermonger's Profi...

Intel 5300 driver
I recently bought a new laptop and I installed suse 11 but my wireless does nto work. I have the Intel 5300 chipset. I searched for solutions online any it seems like many people have not been successful at getting this to work. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. would ndiswrapper work in this situation? -- lunar-blue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC,it uses the iwl driver which is already in the kernel ( i may be wrong ) check it is installed via YaST Andy -- To be is to do = Immanuel Kant To do is to b...

Intel Gigabit driver
I've installed an Intel gigabit nic in my 4.11 SP9 server. The driver version is 6.70 dated April 30, 2002. Is this the correct driver or should I download the latest from the Intel web site which has a 2003 date on it? Michael Golden Country Hearth Bakery Lakeland, Florida Michael, I've not seen the latest being a problem that shows up in these forums. -- Dave Lunn NSF SysOp http://support.novell.com We're running the latest, 8.01 (external, internal version is different), from Intel's site without problems on NW 4.11 w/SP9. &qu...

Intel Graphics Drivers
Hi All, Bought a new Acer Aspire 5336 and im having some problems with the graphics card, It wont work (screen just goes off) unless i boot it using "nomodeset" in yast hardware its showing Code: -------------------- Display &#9474; &#9474; &#9500;&#9516;&#9472;Mobile Intel� GM45 Express Chipset &#9474; ...

installing hardware drivers
i am trying to install drivers for my bluetooth and my phone but everytime i try to run any executable file its gives me an error message about failing to display the content. why is that, i really need help as i want to enjoy my switch from windows. -- pablozn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > i am trying to install drivers for my bluetooth and my phone but > everytime i try to run any executable file its gives me an error > message about failing to display the content. why is that because executable files for a Mac or ...

Perl for hardware driver
Hello, My boss asked me to learn some Java but I said Perl can do anything that Java can do.So he asked me to write a driver for his wireless network card on Linux with Perl.I'm faint but,is there a way to do this? Thanks helps. On 8/22/07, Solidzh <solidzh@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > My boss asked me to learn some Java but I said Perl can do anything > that Java can do.So he asked me to write a driver for his wireless > network card on Linux with Perl.I'm faint but,is there a way to do > this? > > Thanks helps. I may be completely...

Web resources about - Intel drivers - opensuse.org.hardware.laptop

Adam Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam Douglas Driver ( 1983-11-19 ) November 19, 1983 (age 30) San Diego, California , U.S. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's ...

Andrews Farm teen arrested over taxi driver assault - AdelaideNow Search Search
A TEENAGER has been arrested and police are searching for another suspect after a taxi driver was robbed at knifepoint at Salisbury Park.

Drunk and drugged driver numbers up over Christmas: police
More than 102 drivers caught over the limit by random breath tests since December 23.

Taxi driver robbed at knifepoint
A TAXI driver was robbed at knifepoint and had money and his mobile phone stolen at Salisbury Park.

Crashes, traffic jams spell long delays for NSW drivers on Boxing Day
The start of the holiday exodus has caused long delays at several notorious bottlenecks on roads to the north and south of the city.

Kings Highway dangerous driver caught in dashcam footage
Police investigate dashcam footage that shows a driver come dangerously close to causing two head-on collisions on the Kings Highway.

Holiday greetings and bad drivers - Podcast 046
For this holiday week, Jonathan Feist, Andrew Grush and Joe Hindy got together to talk about their plans and the weather. Our boss and a few ...

Why the founder of Kayak took his Tesla and became an Uber driver
... as a vampire. Then he sat down behind the wheel of his $100,000 Tesla Model S and turned on the Uber app. English didn't become an Uber driver ...

Feds Won't Accept Missouri Driver's Licenses
CBS Local Feds Won't Accept Missouri Driver's Licenses CBS Local JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Missouri residents soon will not be able to use ...

Grand jury indicts truck driver in Tracy Morgan crash
A New Jersey grand jury on Wednesday indicted the truck driver who crashed into a limo van carrying ​Tracy Morgan