Free PDF book on Linux availabe on distrowatch

"*Self-Service Linux®: Mastering the Art of Problem Determination -
Free 456 Page eBook*"
is a pdf book today available for free on 'distrowatch'
(http://distrowatch.com/) (they want you to register, you see what you
want to give as info).
It seams valuable, haven't read it yet. And then, a you don't look too
deep into gifted horses mouth, don't you.
Thought to let you know.
Cheers.

--
Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature
? Not able to control? Then please vote for

stakanov
2/11/2012 8:26:02 PM
opensuse.org.general 2244 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are 16 value(s) missing below that are required by the publisher:
Contact Information: First Name
Contact Information: Last Name
Contact Information: Job Title
Contact Information: Company Name
Contact Information: Business Email Address
Contact Information: Phone Number
Contact Information: Street Address
Contact Information: City
Contact Information: Country
Please select your occupation: Job Area
Please select your occupation: Job Function
Please select your occupation: Job Level
What is the approximate number of employees in your company?
Please select your company's industry: Main Industry
Please select your company's industry: Sub Industry
Sign up for special offer alerts from select partners featuring the
latest products and services you are interested in.
Please scroll down to complete the required questions as noted above.

too lazy to fiil up form...

--
VERBA VOLANT, SCRIPTA MANENT
SLK021's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=563

0
SLK021
2/21/2012 12:46:03 PM
Googling the book's title turns up a direct download link at the top of
the list: http://tinyurl.com/7mwpk5d

--
dimesio
dimesio's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18626
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472334

0
dimesio
2/21/2012 12:56:03 PM
SLK021;2442207 Wrote:
> There are 16 value(s) missing below that are required by the publisher:
> Contact Information: First Name
> Contact Information: Last Name
> Contact Information: Job Title
> Contact Information: Company Name
> Contact Information: Business Email Address
> Contact Information: Phone Number
> Contact Information: Street Address
> Contact Information: City
> Contact Information: Country
> Please select your occupation: Job Area
> Please select your occupation: Job Function
> Please select your occupation: Job Level
> What is the approximate number of employees in your company?
> Please select your company's industry: Main Industry
> Please select your company's industry: Sub Industry
> Sign up for special offer alerts from select partners featuring the
> latest products and services you are interested in.
> Please scroll down to complete the required questions as noted above.
>
> too lazy to fiil up form...
Hum, it took me 30 seconds to fill it up with bogus data. :O
You must be an impatient man.

--
stakanov's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18954
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472334

0
stakanov
2/21/2012 2:16:02 PM
dimesio;2442213 Wrote:
> Googling the book's title turns up a direct download link at the top of
> the list: http://tinyurl.com/7mwpk5d

That is actually nice and even faster. :-)

--

stakanov;2442238 Wrote:
> Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature
> ? Not able to control? Then please vote for
> https://features.opensuse.org/312047 openSUSE should have an efficient
> web of trust.

Hey, thanks for posting this one in your signature. +1.
K.

--
Kalenz
Kalenz's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=66090
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472334

0
Kalenz
2/21/2012 7:16:02 PM
Kalenz;2442301 Wrote:
> Hey, thanks for posting this one in your signature. +1.
> K.

Thanks for joining "the cause". Well, 37 votes now. Keep on pushing for
this easily realizable feature.

--
Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature
? Not able to control? Then please vote for
*https://features.opensuse.org/312047*  openSUSE should have an
efficient web of trust.
stakanov's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18954
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472334

0
stakanov
2/21/2012 8:36:03 PM
dimesio;2442213 Wrote:
> Googling the book's title turns up a direct download link at the top of
> the list: http://tinyurl.com/7mwpk5d

Thanks for the link, i downloaded this.

--
ebedtang
ebedtang's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=61237
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472334

0
ebedtang
2/22/2012 12:46:03 PM
thank's i need this one..
dimesio;2442213 Wrote:
> Googling the book's title turns up a direct download link at the top of
> the list: http://tinyurl.com/7mwpk5d

--
deniang
deniang's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=66291
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=472334

0
deniang

Free PDF versions of several programming books
Just went across this on Digg. Apress is giving away PDF versions of programming books that could be interesting to some participants here. A Programmer's Introduction to PHP 4.0 Writing Perl Modules for CPAN Programming VB .NET: A Guide For Experienced Programmers COM and .NET Interoperability XML Programming: Web Applications and Web Services With JSP and ASP Practical Common Lisp Dissecting a C# Application: Inside SharpDevelop http://apress.com/free/ HTH MP On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 01:20:27 -0500, Martin Paquet <void@void.invalid> wrote: >Just went acros...

http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/ <a href="http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/">free ringtones</a> free ringtones
Name: free ringtones Email: free_at_ringtones.com Product: Firefox Summary: http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/ <a href="http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/">free ringtones</a> free ringtones Comments: ...

http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/ <a href="http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/">free ringtones</a> free ringtones #2
Name: free ringtones Email: free_at_ringtones.com Product: Firefox Summary: http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/ <a href="http://freeringtones.kostenloses-forum.org/">free ringtones</a> free ringtones Comments: ...

Free TV online Free Videos online TV 4 FREE Multi Language www.tv4free.org
Name: tvfreeorga Email: dsa32434aatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Free TV online Free Videos online TV 4 FREE Multi Language www.tv4free.org Comments: Titta pa Tv online datorn Gratis,over 5000 kanaler och miljontals videor,animeringar videor online,business videor online,komedi videor online,dokumentarer videor online,underhallning videor online,film videor online,musik videor online,nyheter videor online,film videor online,sport videor online,fotboll videor online,fotboll live,fotboll tv online. <a href=http://www.tv4free.org>Tv Gratis</a> F...

Free library manager(book and e-book)
Does anybody know free library manager?(for book and e-book)^(*&*)^ What kind of functionality do you require? You can have a File Manager system which you can download from:Website File Manager Hope this helps,Regards Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Linux Apps Installation and general linux tutorial
Hello everyone, Long time windows user trying to make the conversion to linux. I know just enough about linux to poke around and realize that I should learn more. So that leads me into my first question. Is there a general linux tutorial out there somewhere. Not the basic tutorial of "this is the KDE desktop . . .". Really more a linux administrator tutorial that teachs me the basic path structure, configuration files I should know and how to edit them, how to install and configure software, what all the services do, security issues . . . etc. I basically need...

Free TV online Free Videos online TV 4 FREE Multi Language www.tv4free.org #2
Name: tvfreeorga Email: ruthmacndas31atgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Free TV online Free Videos online TV 4 FREE Multi Language www.tv4free.org Comments: Assista Tv online Free no Pc,mais de 5000 canais livres de todo o mundo e milhoes de video como video animacoes,video business,video comedia,video documentarios,video entretenimento,video de film,video de musica,video de notizias en vivo,video de sport en vivo,video de futebol en video y mais tv online de todo le lingue. <a href=http://www.tv4free.org>Online TV</a> From URL: http://en-GB.www...

What generals generally do

seamonkey2.2 pdf plugin crash with some PDF (Linux x86-64)
Some PDF link are not displayed in seamonkey but are displayed in firefox5.0. In Seamonkey I receive a black or a white screen Ex: http://www.hermione.com/media/_com_presse_greement_hermione__042579500_1026_30052011.pdf I have the adobe reader plugin installed with npwrapper ==> npwrapper.nppdf.so about.plugins shows " Adobe Reader 9.4 Fichier : /usr/seamonkey/plugins/npwrapper.nppdf.so Version : The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser." Firefox shows the same plugin "Adobe Reader 9...

Linux: no longer free?
There is now a real (legal) battle being waged around Linux, the most diffuse Operating System in the world. Accusation, counter-accusations, requests for damages, licences... The famous penguin is the symbol of this free software, created (or better yet, ?started?) by Linus Torwalds. Now it is at the centre of a legal dispute that risks clipping Linux?s wings and transforming it into a normal Operating System, inaccessible to all of those who have been working on improving it for years. It is well-known that Linux is covered by a GPL (General Public Licence), that allows anyone to c...

Free PDF converter
I'm looking for a freeware program which will enable me to quickly and easily convert a Word doc to PDF. I tried Googling, but there were so many, and I don't want to install a freebie on my machine without hearing from the people here. Any recommendations from those have actually used some of these programs? TIA, JW On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:29:56 -0500, "Middletree" <middletree@hottttttttmail.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a freeware program which will enable me to quickly and >easily convert a Word doc to PDF. > > >I tri...

Are there any free books on Power++ ?
--------------582EC8654F9A3451502B0152 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi there, Browsing the web I have found that, at the WWW site of Macmillan you can read on-line a lot of good books on programming and that for free. I had also found there a very good book on Borland C++ Builder (Charlie Calvert's Borland C++ Builder Unleashed) but nothing about Power++. There were also a lot of books about Visual C++. Are there any FREE books on Power++ that you can read FREE on-line on the WWW ? (At the advertising chapter Borland stay b...

Where that free book for registration?
Hello, I have registered my Visual Developer, have an activation key, but where to put it in? Greetings;-) Hello. I'm assuming that the activation key you've mentioned should only be used to register your copy of VWD, You'll have to wait a few more days to get another code that should be used on  the e-learning site of microsoft. this code is sent to you by e-mail and has a link to the activation page.-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu Thanks Luis, I hope they will send that key to my e-mail address I put into the MS Passpor...

linux free CDs
http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html ...

Web resources about - Free PDF book on Linux availabe on distrowatch - opensuse.org.general

DistroWatch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DistroWatch is a website which provides news, popularity rankings, and other general information about various Linux distributions as well as ...

Ubuntu Shows DistroWatch Decline as Mint Soars
... 11.10, on October 13. Linux Mint appears to be soaring in popularity at the expense of high-profile distros such as Ubuntu, figures from DistroWatch ...

HOW TO: choose the best version of Linux
Many people swear by only one distribution (or distro) while others may recommend you try them all, but the best answer is probably somewhere ...

Linux fans rejoice: Dell XPS 13 will come with Ubuntu
... Windows. Dell plays it safe by offering Ubuntu, which is among the most popular Linux distributions today, ranking in at no. 2 at Distrowatch ...

About « the blog of Chris
Hi, I’m Chris and I’m just another geek. This is my floating head. I use free software like Linux , GNOME , KDE , wmii , Firefox and of course, ...

Ubuntu carves niche in Linux landscape
Less than two years into its development, a new version of Linux is generating considerable excitement. A CNET article by Stephen Shankland, ...

Linux notes from DarkDuck: Advertise here!
Regular exposure at niche news aggregators like LinuxToday.com , LXer.com , TuxMachines.org ; Some reviews are linked from DistroWatch.com : ...

Is Linux Mint an Ubuntu-Killer? : Page 2
(Page 2): User traffic and key design changes suggest that Mint is a serious challenger to the King of Linux.

DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
News and feature lists of Linux and BSD distributions. The DistroWatch web site was first published on 31 May 2001. The concept started as a ...

DuckDuckGo !Bang
More Settings Goodies About Help Feedback PRIVACY DontTrack DontBubble Policy COMMUNITY Platform Forum Chat Spread !Bang DuckDuckGo enables you ...