Intel 5300 driver

I recently bought a new laptop and I installed suse 11 but my wireless
does nto work. I have the Intel 5300 chipset. I searched for solutions
online any it seems like many people have not been successful at getting
this to work. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. would
ndiswrapper work in this situation?

--
lunar-blue

lunar
9/27/2008 2:56:03 PM
opensuse.network.wireless 2348 articles. 0 followers. Follow

IIRC,it uses the iwl driver which is already in the kernel ( i may be
wrong ) check it is installed via YaST

Andy

--
To be is to do = Immanuel Kant
To do is to be = Descartes.

SuSE user since 7.0,Linux user since 1994
deltaflyer44's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=95
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=396256

0
deltaflyer44
9/27/2008 3:06:01 PM
hmm i searched IIRC in yast but i did not find anything...

--
lunar-blue
lunar-blue's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2601
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=396256

0
lunar
9/27/2008 9:06:01 PM
Try the compat-wireless drivers,i hear some people have got it working
with them

Andy

--
To be is to do = Immanuel Kant
To do is to be = Descartes.
Do be do be do = Frank Sinatra

SuSE user since 7.0,Linux user since 1994
deltaflyer44's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=95
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=396256

0
deltaflyer44
9/28/2008 7:36:02 AM
I also have this network adapter in my laptop and am working on running
Ubuntu 8.04.  I have the ndiswrapper up and running and using the
Windows Wireless Drivers program it needs the .inf driver for the
wireless adapter.  The only problem is I don't know what it is called.
I would think the .inf named netnwifi.inf was it but it tells me that it
is invalid.  Any suggestions?

--
toolfan202
toolfan202's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17708
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=396256

0
toolfan202
12/21/2008 2:36:01 AM
well i ended up upgrading the kernel and the latest one supports the
intel 5300 series. So sorry I can't help you there :(

--
lunar-blue
lunar-blue's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2601
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=396256

0
lunar

rolled back libopenSSL to restore wireless on Intel Wireless Link 5300 AGN
I went to use our family laptop today with wireless, for the first time since mid-November, and the wireless would connect for only a few seconds, and then disconnect. It was annoying. This is on a 64-bit 'stock' openSUSE-11.3 with KDE-4.4.4. The hardware is: Code: -------------------- 04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 [8086:4235] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:1121] Kernel driver in use: iwlagn -------------------- I then did a search as to what rpms I had installed since mid-November that may ha...

Help selecting/using Intel Wireless Firmware for Intel Wifi Pro 5300 AGN ?
The question is should I update the wireless firmware from iwlwifi-5000-2.ucode to iwlwifi-5000-5.ucode and if I make such an update, how do I use it ? I've recently been thinking that it may be appropriate to update the firmware in my openSUSE for my Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN wireless device in my laptop. My laptop currently runs a 64-bit openSUSE-11.3 with KDE-4.4.4 desktop and wireless works well with this device. from ' /usr/sbin/lspci -nnk ' Code: -------------------- 04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 ...

Wireless Network card bus and USB Wireless Network devices
After setting up and connecting to the network through a wireless USB adapter I restart the machine and get the Netware client login window but are unable to login. If I login onto the XP workstation only the wireless USB adapter then establishes a link, I can then login to the network. In a school environment this is not a good solution. Is this a Windows driver issue? Is there an easy fix? Thanks > Is this a Windows driver issue? It's an issue with the USB Adapter driver and client. It must initialize before loading the desktop. If it's not the case, you need ...

Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG Driver Question
Hi Do all distro's use (or can use) the same driver? The reason I ask is because I frequently use Fedora, openSUSE and Ubuntu. Of those three, Ubuntu connects everytime, openSUSE 50% of the time and Fedora 10%. Would it be possible to use the drivers from Ubuntu in both openSUSE and Fedora? :) -- Graham2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I have the same hardware, using the ipw2200 driver. The problem you're having is more likely to be due to networkmanager. This will be a different (newer) version to that used in othe...

Intel(R) Wireless 2200BG windows Driver in Linux?
I installed opensuse 11.0 on my Sony Vaio VGN FS215m including an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG. The Wirless shows network but does not connect. I guess the reason is that it can't connect with WPA. Because of that I tried to install the Windows Wireless Driver with ndiswrapper. Modifieing the Kernel with ndiswrapper was no Problem. The installation advices say, that I should install the windows driver with ndiswrapper -i /PATH_TO_FILE/FILE_NAME.inf The Problem is, that the Driver, wich runs my Wireless in Windows does not include an .inf file. There was the same Problem with...

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 on T61
When I first installed openSUSE 11, it only had the "iwl3945-ucode" package installed. At that point, I couldn't connect to much. I then added the "ipw-firmware" as I had luck with that on 10.3. I was then able to connect more frequently. Since about 4-5 days ago, I have been unable to connect to my home network, but able to connect fine to my work network. I experienced these issues in 10.3 and changed from the ipw to iwl, which worked well and solved my issues. What's the solution on 11? What drivers work for this card? -- toharris ---------...

Can not load network drivers except Intel CE100B.LAN
After restarting 6.5 server at the console the sys volume could not be found. Installed hard drive in another pc with an Intel network adapter. Now, no other network adapter except the Intel CE100B.LAN will load. Downloaded latest network drivers for Realtek 8139, Realtek 8169, 3COM 3C90X, and Davicom D9PCI and tried each adapter. HDETECT sees the adapters but will not load them. What happens if you manually load the driver (without slot reference)? Does it prompt and suggest a specific slot? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > What happens if you...

Discovery re Intel 4965 Wireless Cards and ipw driver
I have a Lenovo T61 laptop with openSUSE 11.0 RC1 installed. To get the wireless working you need to install also the ipw driver from the RC1 DVD, marked 8-81-noarch from OPENSUSE DVD 11.0. If you let your computer update to 8-82 noarch from the factory-non-oss, your wireless card will stop functioning. As soon as you backlevel to the previous driver it works again. Is there a way to prevent the driver from being updated? -- Bob Smits, Ladysmith, BC "What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from such a trifling investment in fact." -- Carl S....

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection Adapter
I am using SUSE 11.0 and am having trouble getting my system to recognize the hardware (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection Adapter), I have installed the driver but to no avail. I am curious to know if anybody has experienced issues with this install, because I could be just making a small mistake. Thanks. =] -- unifiedfall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ * unifiedfall, did you try and configure it with Yast? If so, and if you don't see any errors, try this please: Open a console, become root. touch /etc/...

intel 3945abg wireless network card can not connect to router automatically
I clicked "Network Settings", and I found that the ip address was wrong, which is "192.168.1.10/24", and netmask field is empty, so I modifed the configuration file located in /etc/sysconfig/network, named ifcfg-wlan0, added one line(NETMASK= '255.255.255.0'), saved it and reboot the system. After rebooting the system, I still found the ip address is wrong and netmask field is empty, so I have to use ifup command to activate my card manually every time the system starts.:( -- yuge224 -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Intel Pro wireless 4965 can't connect to WPA network
I am having a problem getting my Intel ProWireless 4965AGN wireless card to work under SuSE 11.1. I can connect to the WPA encrypted network with no problem under Vista on the same laptop. I have tried it also under Ubuntu 8.10 and it isn't working under it either. I am however able to connect to a non-encrypted neighbor's network with no problem under both SuSE 11.1 and Ubuntu 8.10. I am hoping someone has a solution for this issue as I don't really feel good about hijacking my neighbor's wireless. Here is some info on the card: Code: -------------------- ...

Accessing a network through DOS network drivers
I've got a laptop with no CD-ROM drive that I need to install Windows 95 on. From a clean format, I bootup with a DOS 6.22 bootup disk, install Linksys PCMCIA drivers to a directory, install Microsoft Network Client 3.0 using the installed PCMCIA drivers, and end up with an error. That's about as far as I've come in about a days worth of time. The error is "Error: 5733: The protocol manager has reported an incomplete binding." The lights on the NIC do light up. I have tried using both NDIS2 and WFW3.11 drivers. Does anyone have any idea(s) of what I can try? ...

Wireless network without a wireless router?
I understand it is possible to create a wireless network without the use of a wireless router by using a wifi network card. I have wifi card working with openSUSE 11.4 (driver installed, device detected correctly and I have internet access) but how do I setup a wireless network in my home so that other devices such as my netbook can connect to the wireless network? I use NetworkManager but I can use ifup if needed. Thanks for any help. -- echoes- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 09/29/2011 04:06 AM, echoes- wrote: > > ...

How to download proprietary wireless drivers via wireless
Hi. With the Day D rapidly approaching, many laptop users that don't have ethernet will be facing the perennial problem again: how to complete the installation, configure repositories etc. when our wireless chipset is not supported by the default openSuSE drivers. This problem just keeps lingering on, although the number of users having wireless access only (no ethernet) is steadily growing. Let's face it, more and more small home LANs are dumping the ethernet standard and are being built around wireless routers precisely for not having to drill through walls and lay cables,...

Web resources about - Intel 5300 driver - opensuse.network.wireless

Randolph S. Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Randolph S. Driver, "A Case History in Merit Rating," Personnel 16 (May 1940): 137–62. Randolph S. Driver, "Wage and Salary Administration," ...

Ranger danger: Sydney council's new $75 parking technology to nab drivers
One Sydney council has used an age-prediction program to analyse photos of cars instead of faces - the result - more chances of getting a parking ...

Police reveal the worst excuses WA drivers give for using their phones
THEY are the lame excuses offered up to police by drivers caught dicing with death by using their mobile phone behind the wheel.

Police reveal the worst excuses WA drivers give for using their phones - PerthNow Search Search
THEY are the lame excuses offered up to police by drivers caught dicing with death by using their mobile phone behind the wheel.

Concerned drivers overwhelm fallen Perth cyclist with offers of help
Clashes between cyclists and motorists on West Australian roads are common, but a Perth cyclist has taken to Facebook to share the heartening ...

AMD Releasing New Crimson Drivers for GPU Fan Issue
... features, and it’s worth reading into Ryan and Daniel’s piece on the new software . Despite the best intentions, it happens that this new driver ...

AMD’s new Crimson drivers accused of burning up video cards
AMD announced its new Crimson drivers, replacing the Catalyst name and software, with great fanfare earlier this month . The first Crimson drivers ...

RogueKiller 11 ships with rewritten kernel driver, ADS detection
... RogueKiller 11 , the latest edition of its powerful malware detection tool. The new build comes with a completely rewritten kernel driver, ...

COJONES: Illegals Sue to Overturn Oregon Ballot Initiative That Overwhelmingly Refused Them Drivers Licenses ...
... a ballot initiative in that state in which voters resoundingly rebuffed attempts to legislatively permit illegal aliens to obtain Oregon driver's ...

J.J. Abrams says Adam Driver's 'wonderful ferocity' and yelling made him the perfect 'Star Wars' villain ...
To get into his villainous character Kylo Ren in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," Adam Driver would yell before shooting, sometimes resulting ...