huawei EC122 USB 3G modem cannot detected

openSUSE12.1 KDE4.8 huawei EC122 USB 3G modem

I just plug it
then i see the networkmanager
there's no "mobile boradband" option.

But i type "lsusb" in the terminal,
Bus 007 Device 002: ID 12d1:1505 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E398
LTE/UMTS/GSM Modem/Networkcard
it was there.
So what's up ?

--
sapphireliu

sapphireliu
4/2/2012 6:16:02 AM
opensuse.network.wireless 2348 articles. 0 followers. Follow

sapphireliu;2452982 Wrote:
> openSUSE12.1 KDE4.8 huawei EC122 USB 3G modem
>
> I just plug it
> then i see the networkmanager
> there's no "mobile boradband" option.
>
> But i type "lsusb" in the terminal,
> Bus 007 Device 002: ID 12d1:1505 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E398
> LTE/UMTS/GSM Modem/Networkcard
> it was there.
> So what's up ?

This might point you in the right direction, even though it's for a
different distro.  '[ubuntu] How to connect Tata photon +(Huawei EC156)
to ubuntu natty - Ubuntu Forums'
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1814583)

--
rodhuffaker
rodhuffaker's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=47727

0
rodhuffaker
4/2/2012 6:36:02 AM
That lsusb info is just what is reported to the kernel, but that doesn't
mean that their modem interface is exposed automatically.  Follow the
link rodhuffaker has pointed you to. You'll need to install the
usb_modeswitch and usb_modeswitch-data RPMs first. Once you have that
working for you, the Network Manager should be capable of detecting it
okay.

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474011

0
deano
4/2/2012 8:36:02 AM
*usb_modeswitch and usb_modeswitch-data already installed.
modem still undetected.
I've contact the Huawei's customer service to get the latest driver*

--
sapphireliu
sapphireliu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=59915
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474011

0
sapphireliu
4/2/2012 9:56:02 AM
> usb_modeswitch and usb_modeswitch-data already installed.
> modem still undetected.
It is not enough to have the packages installed. Did you configure it,
and run it? If the modem device is active, then you should then observe
ttyUSB device files present.

Code:
--------------------
    ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
--------------------

If nothing is returned, then you have some work to do first.

Another useful procedure, is to plug in the device and observe the
output of

Code:
--------------------
    dmesg|tail
--------------------

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474011

0
deano

Wireless Network card bus and USB Wireless Network devices
After setting up and connecting to the network through a wireless USB adapter I restart the machine and get the Netware client login window but are unable to login. If I login onto the XP workstation only the wireless USB adapter then establishes a link, I can then login to the network. In a school environment this is not a good solution. Is this a Windows driver issue? Is there an easy fix? Thanks > Is this a Windows driver issue? It's an issue with the USB Adapter driver and client. It must initialize before loading the desktop. If it's not the case, you need ...

11.2
Hi, I've got a problem trying to get a Vodafone-branded Huawei 3G USB modem to work under 11.2 (x86) using KDE 4 and NetworkManager. NetworkManager detects the device fine, and I've set up a GSM connection using settings that worked with kppp under 11.1 (APN "internet", number "*99#", blank username / password). When I try and connect, NetworkManager says 'Activating' for about 10 seconds, then goes back to idle with no error. messages log file for the attempt: Code: -------------------- Nov 26 19:59:54 ed-eee modem-manager: (tt...

Wireless Network Detected via SCAN command, but not by Network Managet.
Hi All, My NETGEAR-WNDA3100 wireless USB adapter seems to be set up correctly; driver installed via NDISWRAPPER and firmware seems to work fine. The USB Adapter is blinking as if in a LISTENING mode. Unfortunately, the NETWORK MANAGER does not detect any network other than the Wired one (the signal is strong as Win XP alternative boot has no problem with it). Heres is an output to a couple of command line checks: Code: -------------------- linux-kuwl:~ # /usr/sbin/iwconfig lo no wireless extensions. eth0 no wireless extensions. ath0 IE...

USB wireless modem...
my usb modem of bsnl zte ev-do ac8700 800m can't connect in suse 11.2 with it's software for linux......>:( it was running properly in suse 11.1... how to config it manually.....???? :sarcastic: -- tannakartikey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sorry, but i need more information. What is "with its software"? Does openSUSE 11.2 recognizes your USB wireless modem? That modem has to be supported by the Module usbserial. Can you please check if that module is loaded? -- Pilgervater -----------...

USB 3g modem
Hello everyone! I'm personally a Ubuntu user and am trying to set up a friends laptop to use a Vodafone 3g usb modem with Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop. I apologise if this is the wrong place for support but I couldn't find a SLED forum. Anyway I have downloaded the drivers at 'Betavine -' (http://www.betavine.net/bvportal/web/linux_drivers) I have tried both the OpenSuse drivers and the SLED ones, neither seem to work. I think the problem lies in not having python-devel packages installed but I'm having a nightmare with them. Firstly there are no repos set u...

How to detect 3g or wireless
Hello I would like to know if there is any way to detect if user is using the data connection through 3g or wireless... I need to check that for both iOS and Android Any ideas? Thanks! Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote: > I would like to know if there is any way to detect if user is using > the data connection through 3g or wireless... > > I need to check that for both iOS and Android http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/2013/11/checking-for-an-internet-connection-on-mobile-devices-with-delphi-xe5/ -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds: ...

Support USB modem HUAWEI?
What include support a driver for USB modem Huawei E219 (HSDPA/UMTS) and Huawei EC226 (3G/EVDO)? -- Sheriff73 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ a google search reveals https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager/Hardware/3G that it > Huawei E219 (HSDPA) > USB > works out of the box > DiGi (Malaysia) > vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1003 > tested with Ubuntu 9.04 and NetworkManager 0.7 Ubuntu is gnome and network manager; OpenSuse 11.2 is now KDE for those that opt for that but it should work out of the box:...

Wireless network + ADSL modem
XPH SP3. 7-year old Athlon 1800+ desktop. I'm also looking at the possibility of getting a laptop, but I guess all new ones come with wireless connectivity. I am about to lose the phone socket next to my PC due to a rerouting of telephone lines. Currently I use a Linksys AG241 ADSL2 router/modem wired to a PCI Ethernet card. The broadband line is not fast, but as it is faulty I am not sure what the final speed will be when it is replaced by a new cable - probably little more than 1Mb (maybe 1.5 if I am lucky). I know very little about wireless connectivity. AFAICT, it...

USB key modem (3G+)
Hi, I've bought an HP 2133 mininote, with OpenSuse. I cannot setup my internet connection with my 3G+ usb key (Bouygues Telecom, France)... It's a MF626, from ZET. Thank you for your help. FV -- fv6973 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

shareing a usb 3g modem
hello all! i'm running suse 11.2 and using a ZTE mf627. thus far i can connect to the internet using usb_switcher/vwdial but i want to share it across a LAN. all the how-to's on connection sharing I've seen use the network manager/network settings, but the device doesn't show up in either :( any advice? -- spiderwebby ------------------------------------------------------------------------ To share it across the lan you use the ethernet card to connect to a single machine or to connect to a switch or the wan port of a router if it's many mac...

Verison USB Modem Wireless
Right now I am back to Vista because, after quitting dialup and starting wireless (cell phone kind) with Verison I cannot connect. I've read the stickies and did a search for "Verison" so now what I am asking is that if anyone is using Verison, with the little USB plugin thing with the blue light that blinks, successfully please let me know how you did it. So far: I tried installing the Verison disc into SUSE 11.1 and it worked. It actually installed. I even have the icon on the desktop. But I click and although something is causing the blue light to flic...

Wireless will not detect networks
I've read through the stickied thread about troubleshooting my wireless and I've made it to step IV 'Making a connection.' I installed the firmware that my BCM4306 required, then tried 'sudo usr/sbin/iwlist scan' and the result I get is: > lo Interface doesn't support scanning. > > eth0 Interface doesn't support scanning. > > wmaster0 Interface doesn't support scanning. > > wlan0 Interface doesn't support scanning : Network is down Any ideas? -- jwolbach --------------------------------------------------...

Huawei 220 3G modem.
Hi, I just installed on opensuse 10.3 a huawei 3G usb modem (3.5G actually), and just now noticed that opensuse does have a support page. 'SDB:HUAWEI E220 Support - openSUSE' (http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:HUAWEI_E220_Support) It took me a long time but now I find it simple although I did not follow any of the steps in the above howto. For those who still like to thinker with the prompt here goes an alternative way that I collected from this link: '[3G_Tutorial] Huawei Card E620/E220 - Techzone' (http://www.techzonept.com/showthread.php?p=3091856#post3091856...

Huawei usb modem not reconnecting in NetworkManager
I am running OpenSUSE 11.4 on an HP 625 laptop and uses a Huawei EC1260 USB modem to connect to the internet. The configuration on NetworkManager worked prefect and the there is no problem connecting. The problem is when I disconnect the modem manually, I am unable to reconnect it via NetworkManager. I have to physically unplug the modem and insert it again, then only I can connect to the internet again. What could be the problem? -- badenhorstp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I've experienced the same behaviour in the past (...

Web resources about - huawei EC122 USB 3G modem cannot detected - opensuse.network.wireless

List of extrasolar planets detected by microlensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the list of 15 extrasolar planets detected by microlensing , sorted by projected separations. To find planets using that method, the ...

CCTVNews - Tianjin blasts: Toxic chemicals detected in... - Facebook
Tianjin blasts: Toxic chemicals detected in water at quarantined area Dangerous chemicals have been found at the monitoring sites in the warehouse ...

Russian Fireball Largest Ever Detected by CTBTO's Infrasound Sensors - YouTube
Infrasonic waves from the meteor that broke up over Russia's Ural mountains last week were the largest ever recorded by the CTBTO's International ...

Signals detected from AirAsia recorders
Three Indonesian search ships have detected pings from the crashed AirAsia plane's flight recorders, close to where its tail section was found. ...

AGL faces delays, additional conditions after BTEX chemicals detected
AGL's coal seam gas ambitions in the Gloucester area have been dealt a double blow with the launch of two government investigations into the ...

Canberra Myer evacuated after smoke detected
Malfunctioning machinery has forced the evacuation of a major department Canberra store days out from Christmas.

Body or wing of the crashed AirAsia plane is detected by sonar
The rescue team searching for the crashed AirAsia jet QZ8501 believe they have found part of the main body or a wing.

Canberra Myer evacuated after smoke detected
Malfunctioning machinery has forced the evacuation of a major department Canberra store days out from Christmas.

Canberra Myer evacuated after smoke detected
Malfunctioning machinery has forced the evacuation of a major department Canberra store days out from Christmas.

Russian plane crash: Heat flash detected by military satellites at time of crash, US media reports
A US military satellite picked up a midair heat flash near a Russian passenger plane around the time it crashed in Egypt's Sinai desert, reports ...