video

I will do my best to explain what is happening by telling you what I am
doing!

First up I have 3 videos that I wish toconvert and burn to a single
layer dvd. I have used mandvd to import and convert as well as create
the menus! So far so good, the reulting iso is over 5 gig long. Not a
problem I will use xDVDshrink to shrink it down. That works, but, when I
play the dvd on my set top box, one of the menu items does not work!

I was thinking of using kino and dvd styler combo but I have a slight
problem with kino in that it seems to want to put black bars top and
bottom, hence, me using mandvd!

I am using suse linux 11.0 64 bit! Any help will be appreciated as I
would like to bin this vista system as the vieo files it creates are
huge!

--
littletaff69

littletaff69
12/31/2008 4:16:01 PM
opensuse.apps.multimedia 3307 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's all a bit of a Heath Robinson method you are using. Under the
circumstances could you use k9copy on the 5gig .iso to rip it down to a
standard 4.7 dvd?

k9copy is in packman

--
Box: Linux 2.6.25.18-0.2 x86_64 | OS 11.0 | (KDE4.1.86) "5.1" | M2N4-SLI
| AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 2GB RAM
http://tinyurl.com/985fp2
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=403596

0
caf4926
12/31/2008 4:26:02 PM
littletaff69;1919213 Wrote:
> So far so good, the reulting iso is over 5 gig long. Not a problem I
> will use xDVDshrink to shrink it down. That works, but, when I play the
> dvd on my set top box, one of the menu items does not work!
You could burn to a dvd9 for this video. I suspect the cost of a dvd9
is less than the cost of your time to work around this.

I typically ensure my videos are already small/reduced, before I send
them to a program such as mandvd.

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=403596

0
oldcpu
12/31/2008 4:46:01 PM
caf4926;1919221 Wrote:
> It's all a bit of a Heath Robinson method you are using.
In case someone does not know how Heath Robinson solved problems:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hcvv/Heath_Robinson.png
Sorry, I could not resist.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=403596

0
hcvv

(VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net !!
Name: mixerok Email: superadikdotvatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: (VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net !! Comments: Hello ! Here are found watch live broadcast tv Mixmir.net !! <url = http://www.mixmir.net/videomix/index.php> Internet Path </ url> Success !! As well is dating men <url = http://www.mixmir.net/dating/index.php> Want to make new friends? </ url> ... And who should be there Web Directory <url = http:...

(VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net .
Name: mixerok Email: superadikdotvatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: (VIDEO SERVICES | VIDEO MIX | VIDEO CHAT | VIDEO CHANNELS | VIDEO CONFERENCE | VIDEO DATING | ONLINE VIDEO CHAT) on Mixmir.net . Comments: Hello !! Here are found online video chat Mixmir.net !!! <url = http://www.mixmir.net/videomix/conference/index.php> Direct Link </ url> While !! And who wants is www dating <url = http://www.mixmir.net/dating/index.php> dating free </ url> ... As well Directory of useful sites <url = http://www.mixmir...

Determining if an app is a web app or a windows app
Hi all,  I'm writing a generic utilites class and one of the methods needs to get the physical path of the application. I know Server.MapPath("~") gets the server path of the app for windows and also that Application.ExecutablePath gets the path for windows app. Now how would i determine which app is a windows app or a web app?   Thanks in advance. add a reference to system.web and then do the following  if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current == null)            {       &...

Looking for KDE Multimedia Apps
Hi, After the transition from Gnome 2.x to KDE 4.8, there are some audio utilities I cannot find: - Volume control, preferably embedded in a 'panel' on the desktop. Basically, something with a slider to control the master volume. The closest I found is 'alsamixer' which is way too big and complicated. - Sound input monitor, shows the sound levels being heard by each audio recording device (microphone input). Simply an applet that displays the volume (loudness) of sound being captured (even when no recording is actually taking place). - Sound recording app. ...

Difficulties to install multimedia apps
Hello to everyone! I`ve been using openSuSe since it`s 11.1 release, and also Ubuntu since the 8.04 version. With time, openSuSe became more and more responsive and feature rich, and now I`m using openSuSe 11.4 M5, on a production machine, and it`s very stable. I love it! I`m very dissapointed with Ubuntu 10.10, and with all the releases, so I want to use only openSuSe. openSuSe became better with time, Ubuntu got worse... The problem is that it`s so difficult to install multimedia apps, like Cinelerra, PiTiVi, Avidemux, OpenShot, Kino, etc etc... Ubuntu has most of them in ...

changes to the gallery and video apps
A patch to convert the Gallery app to use device storage has just landed. This patch removes all of the sample photos from the application cache. They're still in the Gaia repo under media-samples/DCIM/ If you want the sample photos on your phone, do this: make install-media-samples This will copy the photos to /sdcard/DCIM on your phone and the gallery app will display them. Or, you can go to settings->storage and enable USB mass storage, then copy your own photos to the DCIM directory. Once you've disabled USB mass storage again and started (or killed ...

App to do video capture of screen?
Is there any software in OpenSUSE/KDE 4.1.x or for Linux at all that allows you to do a video capture of the screen and your mouse actions? I want to do a tutorial for using an application by doing video capture of my usage of the application. How would I do that? -- 6tr6tr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ try krecordmydesktop -- *'Get h264enc' (http://h264enc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get xvidenc' (http://xvidenc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get divxenc' (http://divxenc.sourceforge.net)* ----------------------...

Build an app for Video broadcasting...How?
Hi! I need to make an app for Android and iOS that will play a video that is being broadcast live through the justin.tv website. Does Anyone has any idea how I can accomplish this task? Thank You! > {quote:title=Eduardo Tavares wrote:}{quote} > Hi! > > I need to make an app for Android and iOS that will play a video that is being broadcast live through the justin.tv website. > Does Anyone has any idea how I can accomplish this task? > > Thank You! The JTV website has 3 different API's; - REST API: http://apiwiki.justin.tv/mediawiki/index.php/REST_...

App inside an app....
HeyI have a main app (my site) inside which I want a link to another little project app that I'm working on. When I try to stick the new project app inside a folder within the main app I get this error:It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.I've looked around at some of the posts on this and it says I need to set the mini app up as a virtual folder, however I'm running VWDE and IIS isn't install...

how to use kde4 multimedia apps
Hello, guys I just installed kde4-kaffeine, kde4-amarok today through repository KDE4:Factory:Extra-Apps. The GUI looks fancy however I can not use them to play video and mp3 files(all these files worked with kde3 kaffeine & amarok). So I am wonderring if anyone has any experience on how to make them work? Or they are not ready for playing? Here is the version of these two apps: kde4-amarok: Name : kde4-amarok Relocations: (not relocatable) Version : 1.90 Vendor: openSUSE Build Service Release : 3.16 ...

Video Spokesperson | Sales Training Videos | Online Video Advertising
Video Spokesperson | Sales Training Videos | Online Video Advertising Video Spokesperson - Online video is growing three times faster than Rich Media. Research predicts online video will receive sixty cents ($0.60) of every video/rich media dollar by 2013. http://www.innovatemedia.com/clients/epipen video spokesperson, sales training videos, online video advertising Crap! Spam has penetrated Mozilla defenses! :-P Op 28-4-2010 15:38, uitte innovate media de volgende woorden: > Video Spokesperson | Sales Training Videos | Online Video Advertising > > Video Spokespe...

Video Spokesperson | Online Web Video | Web Video Production
Video Spokesperson | Online Web Video | Web Video Production Video Spokesperson - Innovate Media is a full-service, multimedia production company that specializes in video production for delivery over the web. http://www.innovatemedia.com/clients/macspeech-dictate video spokesperson, online web video, web video, web video production, online video production, promotional video ...

Mobile app to show broadcast videos.
Hi! I need to make a mobile application that will display a video that is been broadcasted live from my house. I use a stream site called justin.tv and they have a player to play the videos that are being broadcasted with their configuration.How can I embed or make a video player that will show this? Let me explain how it works: I create an account at www.justin.tv I set up my broadcaster app. I add a video player they have with all the configs needed to my web site. When I start broadcasting in my app everything that is on my webcam gets showed on my site. Now I need to make a mobi...

Subtitling support in video player app
Around 3 months ago I implemented basic subtitling support to the video player app. A month later it was removed without any clear reason: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/b6a02fa5c3a918ef8ee462dcca6d055945587d8b#apps/video/js I guess it was removed to make it easier to adapt the app to work with device storage. I wonder whether subtitling support can be reintroduced now. I'm planning to work on that again soon. Felipe ...

Video stream embedded in IW app
Anyone using 3rd party video streaming with an IW app? I am building an internal tutorial app and looking for some pointers or guidance. Thanks. Looked at that and concluded bets way is to upload to youtube or http://screencast.com and put link within app , let them handle the streaming On 10/12/2012 08:16 AM, Lou Feliz wrote: > Anyone using 3rd party video streaming with an IW app? I am building an > internal tutorial app and looking for some pointers or guidance. > > Thanks. > > {quote:title=Lou Feliz wrote:}{quote} > Anyone using 3rd party video ...

Web resources about - video - opensuse.apps.multimedia

Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For films or movies, see Film . For other uses, see Video (disambiguation) . developed for cathode ray tube (CRT) television systems, but several ...

Kona by 'copter Video:https://youtu.be/heEAl8FduRY Photos:https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=441 ...
jurvetson posted a photo: Flying low and up the waterfall encircled canyons, we found a pristine B-18 bomber that crashed in 1941...

How to Use Video on Your Blog for Maximum Results
In order to stay relevant in the evolving blogosphere, bloggers need to invest in video content. You don’t have to completely transform your ...

Timmy's Organism & Video going on Third Man "Audio Social Dissent" tour w/ Wolf Eyes & Regression 696 ...
Detroit heavy garage rockers Timmy's Organism and angular Austin punks Video (members of Radioactivity and Bad Sports) both released new records ...

Viral publisher Elite Daily's traffic is crashing — so it's shifting focus to video
... point,” David Arabov, Elite Daily’s CEO told Digiday. “We’re more focused on our audience than what Facebook is doing.” A shift towards video ...

Video Of Pentagon’s Bombing Of ISIS Bank Literally Shows Clouds Of Burning Money In The Air
Video Of Pentagon’s Bombing Of ISIS Bank Literally Shows Clouds Of Burning Money In The Air

Kitty Gets Catnip Fix After Breaking Into Pet Store: Viral Video Shows Stoner Cat’s Drug Binge
... discovered by the humans who recorded his trip, he was in such a state of ecstasy that he didn’t even notice their presence. The viral video ...

Video replay: 2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast at Millersville University
... Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast was this morning at Millersville University, and staffers from LNP and LancasterOnline provided live video ...

Alan Rickman Narrates a Video About a Tortoise Slowly Consuming a Strawberry for a Good Cause
... causes include Save the Children and the Refugee Council , both of whom are working with One Click Giving , an organization that creates videos ...

This Three-Part Video Teaches You Everything You Need to Know About Multimeters
... terribly complicated , but really understanding how they work takes a much deeper understanding. YouTuber Martin Lorton’s three-part video guide ...