Tip: Adobe Flash Player: fix pink screen and Firefox crashes

In the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, 10.2, there's a "great"
feature (not...): hardware acceleration. Enabled by default.

On many video cards (roughly all but Nvidia's running on the closed
Nvidia driver), this causes pink screens in Flash video's and even
Firefox crashes. Both in Firefox 3.x and in Firefox 4.x.

The solution is, thankfully, rather simple: disable hardware
acceleration. As follows:
- Visit this website: 'Moodstream™ by Getty Images'
(http://moodstream.gettyimages.com/)
(or any other that uses a special kind of flash content, not Youtube,
which uses a different kind!)

- Wait until the content has loaded. Then rightclick with your mouse on
the screen - Settings - remove the check at hardware acceleration.

- Go to Youtube and play a random video. The problem should be solved.

Have fun! openSUSE 11.4 rocks, and so does Firefox 4. :)

--
Nederlandstalige tips voor openSUSE:
http://sites.google.com/site/computertip/opensuse

pjotr123
3/18/2011 11:06:02 PM
opensuse.apps.multimedia 3307 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Also something to note: Firefox 4 has it's own hardware acceleration (FF
3.6 didn't), which is also enabled by default. But this particular
hardware acceleration doesn't seem to create any problems at all, at
least not on my machines.

There is no connection between the Flash video problems and the
hardware acceleration of Firefox 4 itself, because the Flash problems
also exist on Firefox 3.x, which has no hardware acceleration of it's
own.

So I think we may conclude that the hardware acceleration of Adobe
Flash Player, is a standalone problem of Adobe Flash Player only.

--
Nederlandstalige tips voor openSUSE:
http://sites.google.com/site/computertip/opensuse
pjotr123's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2200
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=456197

0
pjotr123

Firefox Adobe Flash player crash
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Adobe Flash player crash Comments: Adobe Flash players always crash when there are more than one players operating in different window tabs at the same time Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.14) Gecko/20110121 Firefox/3.6.14 GTB7.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Adobe Flash Player Crashes in latest Firefox
Name: Christopher Hayden Email: christopheratmodusartsgroupdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player Crashes in latest Firefox Comments: Hi. I thought you would like to know (as if you don't already by now) that after the latest update to v.3.6.4 a notification window warned me that many of my plug-ins were not compatible. In the next click it offered to get the compatible versions. It did. Since then I have had multiple Firefox crashes and Adobe Flash Player plug-in crashes. It might help you to know that I often have a 'pop-out' window displaying ...

Fixed -- Adobe Flash Player 11.3
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3223393 "Hi, this issue is fixed in internal build, you can get next beta build from http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/flashplayer/ to verify your issue. Thanks!" --Jing Yuan on 3:13:50 AM GMT+00:00 Jun 17, 2014 Finally fixed?! -- "The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant." --Indian /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, ...

firefox 3.5.2 crash with full screen flash player
Name: lArA Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3.5.2 crash with full screen flash player Comments: openSuSE 11.1 Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32.18 firefox 3.0.12 works fine Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; es-ES; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 crashes with Adobe Flash Player
If Abode Flash Player (every version) is installed FireFox 3.5.3 crashes on opening every page. And FireFox doesn't remember password, cronology , access login ... ... anymore If Adobe Flash Player is not installed everything is ok, but a lot of sites ask you for installing latest version of Adobe Flash Player (to browse) ... so you're blocked at all. Thanks On Sep 10, 8:31=A0am, MatTDP <matsar...@gmail.com> wrote: > If Abode Flash Player (every version) is installed FireFox 3.5.3 > crashes on opening every page. And FireFox doesn't remember password, >...

Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing. Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing
Name: chuck marshall Email: chuxatindustryinetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing. Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing Comments: Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing in both ubuntu and wxp on a dual boot laptop. This is a bother. Do something. Tell me what is causing the browser to crap-out when trying to brows. I re-booted, I re-installed. I gave money to madam morningstar to sing a chant to change my f luck, but no dice. What did i do to piss you'll off? I don't want to use windows stuff, I have a spy program, a virus p...

Google finance stock quotes crash in firefox, possible adobe flash + firefox bug?
Name: Justin Gomolka Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Google finance stock quotes crash in firefox, possible adobe flash + firefox bug? Comments: Using firefox version 3.0b5 any Google finance page such as http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AINTC when you click the chart and use your scroll button on the mouse it crashes every time. I tried this on a few computers to the same effect. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

adobe flash player crashing
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: adobe flash player crashing Comments: Every since Firefox updated 2 days ago I no longer can get into some of my facebook applications. Last year my son had to redo our computer and he put Firefox on it. I feel I have had nothing but problems with my facebook applications since. I realize you are trying to make the internet safer to be on, but I feel you should be able to do it without the problems I am having. If I deem I want to do something and I have told your system so than I should not be getting in more interference from your system. I a...

about adobe flash player on the firefox
Name: Ivan Rantung Email: braveyoungmanatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: about adobe flash player on the firefox Comments: i just want to asked, why if i want to login the texas Holdem poker (zynga)on facebook, firefox its allways show me if i must upgrade the adobe flash player. but sure, my adobe flash player its up to date. please help me Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; id; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if ...

Flash-Player crashes in FireFox
Hello, got an annoying problem here: my flash player crashes on nearly every single content it plays (videos, music, advertisements (!), ...). I dug the internet but could not find any reports that describe the same behaviour as I experience. There are millions of reports, but they differ in my eyes. Typically the player crashes only after a tiny amount of time, say 0.1-0.5 secs of playing. It might make it longer now and then when there is no other flash player active in any tab. If a second instance comes it is certain that both have already crashed. I sent uncounted cr...

Adobe Flash Player in Firefox
Windows XP SP2 Firefox 2.0.0.14 Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124 Is there a way to disable the Adobe Flash Player plug-in? At least one site I visit often updates its Flash Player window about every 20 to 30 seconds and the Windows XP system spikes its CPU usage during the update. I visit that site often and leave it running behind other open (not Firefox)windows. The spiking effect the scrolling of the current window and that annoys me. So, I would like to doable the Flash Player for that site. Thank you. Whoops! Typo Corrections Windows XP SP2 Firefox 2.0.0.14 ...

Adobe Flash Player crashes
Name: Alston Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: Adobe Flash Player crashes Comments: Adobe Flash Player 9 causes random crashes for apparently no reason and i get a popup window that says i have to restart firefox which can be very annoying. I dont even know how it started happening .. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR FIREFOX
Name: PEPE ARENAS Product: Firefox Summary: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR FIREFOX Comments: Just for your info t is really complicated installing Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45 in FIREFOX. I wanted sending a picture but not attachment is possible. Think on it. A paint of the window will help you more. Working with: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Versión 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Compilación 2600 Microsoft Corporation Computer - Acer Sistem Model - TravelMate 660 Tipo de sistema Equipo basado en X86 Procesador - x86 Family 6 Model 9 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel ~1594 MHz BIOS Ve...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Web resources about - Tip: Adobe Flash Player: fix pink screen and Firefox crashes - opensuse.apps.multimedia