No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10

I am running the 64 bit openSUSE 11.1 and with firefox 3.0.5 and adobe
flash 10 I firefox does not seem to see that I have flash installed.

Here is a list of flash related plugins that I have installed
vendion@Big-O:~> sudo zypper se flash
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                  | Summary
| Type
--+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+-----------
i | flash-player          | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player
| package
| flash-player          | Adobe Flash PlugIn and standalone Player
| srcpackage
i | flash-player          | flash-player security update
| patch
i | libflashsupport       | Additional support for Flash-based
applications   | package
| libflashsupport-32bit | Additional support for Flash-based
applications   | package
i | pullin-flash-player   | Placeholder for Adobe Flash PlugIn
| package
| tvflash               | Tool to manage Mellanox HCA firmware flash
memory | package

If I remember correctly didn't Adobe flash 10 have support for 64 bit
OSes?

--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other
reason than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper

vendion
1/3/2009 2:46:01 PM
opensuse.apps.multimedia 3307 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just read on openSuSE Lizards: 'openSUSE Lizards � Howto - Adobe
Flashplayer for X86_64' (http://tinyurl.com/a4sm88). ;)
Good luck.

--
http://yami.googlecode.com/
http://akoskm.blogspot.com/

0
ram88
1/3/2009 4:26:03 PM
/usr/lib/mozilla does not exist on my system, I am looking for its
location on my system now though.

--
vendion's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=467
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=403846

0
vendion
1/3/2009 5:06:01 PM
vendion;1920798 Wrote:
> /usr/lib/mozilla does not exist on my system, I am looking for its
> location on my system now though.
Take look to comments on the blog. Somebody put it into
/usr/lib64/browser-plugins and said that it works. You can also try
this.
Good luck.

--
http://yami.googlecode.com/
http://akoskm.blogspot.com/
ram88's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1058
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=403846

0
ram88
1/3/2009 5:36:01 PM
Thanks, that second comment was not there the first time I looked at it.
Flash is working now.

--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other
reason than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper
vendion's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=467
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=403846

0
vendion

Firefox 3.5 crashes with flash player 10.0.32.18 (suse 10.3)
Hi I was using firefox 3.5.3 with flash player 9 (some version - not sure) and it was working fine. Today when youtube got opened it prompted me to upgrade flash to 10.0.32.18, i did so by installing ".rpm" using "rpm -Uvh flash-plugin-10.0.32.18-release.i386.rpm ". But after that whenever any flash embed sits (eg: youtube) opened, firefox is crashing. Please let me know what is the issue. I have mozilla-nss-3.11.7-15 mozilla-xulrunner181-1.8.1.4-30 mozilla-nspr-4.6.7-20 beagle-firefox-0.2.18-30 with openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64). Thanks, ShekarKCB -- ...

Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1
Name: Thomas Domin Email: domindottomatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.04 and Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 - ignore Adobe flash player 10 Comments: Flash Player 10 from Adobe/Macromedia was installed many times befor: Now is reading: You need to upgrade your Flash Player. Ekornes Stressless Catalouge if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 oe requires Macromedia Flash, version 8 or greater. Please click here to download. Or, if you're absolutely positive you have Flash 8 or greater, click here to force the site to load. From URL: http://hendrix....

Firefox 3.5.2 and Flash player 10.0.32.18
I update the flash player(to 10.0.32.18) and the shockwave player(to 11.5.1.601) by the alert of adobe. Now, in certains sites using flash videos the process of firefox remains upon exit, not allways but from time to time. After the update of the player i find two plugins to shockwave( one ws left inside of opera and Fx was getting it,i delete it and opera and Fx pick only one). Any ideas? On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:29:47 -0400, gatolandia.chile wrote: > I update the flash player(to 10.0.32.18) and the shockwave player(to > 11.5.1.601) by the alert of adobe. > &g...

YouTube videos messed up after downloading 3.5.6 Beta and then downloading Adobe Flash player 10.0.42.34
Name: Email: oteratcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: YouTube videos messed up after downloading 3.5.6 Beta and then downloading Adobe Flash player 10.0.42.34 Comments: Video part of YouTube videos messed up after downloading Firefox 3.5.6 Beta and then downloading Adobe Flash player 10.0.42.34. I don't know if this is just my computer or one of the downloads today that messed things up. Perhaps you can check this out. Thank you. 1/5/10 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Fr...

Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 crashes with Adobe Flash Player
If Abode Flash Player (every version) is installed FireFox 3.5.3 crashes on opening every page. And FireFox doesn't remember password, cronology , access login ... ... anymore If Adobe Flash Player is not installed everything is ok, but a lot of sites ask you for installing latest version of Adobe Flash Player (to browse) ... so you're blocked at all. Thanks On Sep 10, 8:31=A0am, MatTDP <matsar...@gmail.com> wrote: > If Abode Flash Player (every version) is installed FireFox 3.5.3 > crashes on opening every page. And FireFox doesn't remember password, >...

Scrolling with Mouse wheel Problems with Flash in Firefox (2.0.0.12 (Linux) + newest Adobe Flash Linux)
Hi, I have the problem that when I use my mouse wheel to scroll down a page and happen to have my cursor come over a flash object, the scrolling stops. Obviously the mouse wheel commands are sent to the Plugin, even though I have never brought it to focus with a click. The windows version of Firefox behaves different in this matter. It allows continues scrolling without stop. The stop is very unsettling, especially if you don't use a mouse directly but an emulated mouse. First of all: I don't want to install a flash blocker but rather find a solution than a workarou...

[Mac OSX 10.5.8] Firefox 3.0.0.13 froze during update to 3.0.0.14 beta
Name: Rainer Petrasch (IRC nick: Amsterdammer) Email: rainerdotpetraschatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: [Mac OSX 10.5.8] Firefox 3.0.0.13 froze during update to 3.0.0.14 beta Comments: Steps to reproduce: 1. Be sure, that updates of add-ons are offered AND update to 3.0.0.14 is offered at the same time 2. Accept Firefox update first 3. incremental update fails 4. full update hangs 5. not possible to end or kill Firefox 6. not possible to restart Mac OSX properly (only on/off button possible) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; de-DE...

Flash Problem with Firefox 3.03 and Flash Player 10
Name: Ruediger Gehring Email: infoatcablekingdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Flash Problem with Firefox 3.03 and Flash Player 10 Comments: After installing the update of the Adobe Flash Player, the flash category-menu on our homepage can'nt be seen. In IE6+7 everything works fine. Combination of Firefox 3.03 and Flash Player 9 works also fine. Homepage: www.cableking.de Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respon...

New FireFox Version 3.5.2 causes conflicts with Adobe Flash on MacBook with MacOS X.5
Name: Dennis K Product: Firefox Summary: New FireFox Version 3.5.2 causes conflicts with Adobe Flash on MacBook with MacOS X.5 Comments: Various sites (presumably sites using Flash) will result in an error message that states that Firefox is conflicting with Adobe Flash and may cause system to crawl to a slow stop...which happens. The error message offers you the choice to disable the video. This appeared shortly after upgrading to 3.5.2. Dennis K Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: h...

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Flash cookie clearing with Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14
REQUIREMENTS: Adobe Flash 10.3.181.14. (released May 12, 2011) Flash cookies (LSOs � local stored objects) can now be cleared in the Flash Control Panel or directly in the browser if you have recent versions of IE or Firefox. Browsers that integrate Flash cookie crumbling: * Internet Explorer 8 * Internet Explorer 9 * Firefox 4 * Chrome 11? Flash Control Panel: After you�ve installed the latest (as of this message) Adobe Flash, you will have a Flash Player applet in your computer�s Control Panel. From here, it�s easy to clear Flash cookies...

no sound ff 3.0.10 & flash 10.0.r22
Name: Dedeyne Email: jdedeyneathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: no sound ff 3.0.10 & flash 10.0.r22 Comments: sound is suddenly muted with ff 3.0.10 & flash 10.0.r22 for embedded movies. Tought this was only a linux problem from time to time, but now it has spreaded to the windows platform as well. no fun! annoying, like the influenza virusses Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation o...

Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Karyl Severson Email: karyldotseversonatbredbanddotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: Hi, there - I have installed and re-installed Adobe Flash Player for Mac, and have installed both Firefox 3.0 and now 3.1 Beta, but websites requiring Flash no longer work. It is not an extreme problem as I can use Safari on my Mac, but I prefer the normal robustness of Firefox. Thanks very much. Karyl Severson Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9....

Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player
Name: Manu B Email: manudotb2007atgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player Comments: Hi there, I’m very enthusiast with Firefox 3 but I noticed what web sites using heavy Flash applications no longer work with beta 3. I’m running Windows XP Pro Sp2 (sorry), I tried two recent releases of Flash Player from Adobe, both work with Firefox 2, which I use every day, but not with beta 3. I don’t receive any error from Firefox, the extension is listed as working but doesn’t on some web sites. I don’t have any idea about troubleshooting this issue. I’m just reporting things at a basic user level. Hope this will help. Cheers, Manu. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ On Apr 14, 7:21 am, Manu B <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote: > Name: Manu B > Email: manudotb2007atgmaildotcom > Product: Gran Paradiso > Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player > > Comments: > Hi there, > > I'm very enthusiast with Firefox 3 but I noticed what web sites using > heavy Flash applications no longer work with beta 3. I'm running Windows > XP Pro Sp2 (sorry), I tried two recent releases of Flash Player from > Adobe, both work with Firefox 2, which I use every day, but not with > beta 3. I don't receive any error from Firefox, the extension i...

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5
For IE users >=20 (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) *Beware of Google Toolbar offerings For Moz users >=20 URL appears the same but is not under Moz (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)=20 =20 *Beware of McAfee offerings under Moz Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time.=20 --=20 Randy (http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx) (http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch) Randy Knobloch wrote: > Note: There are no apparently bulletins from, Adobe at this time. > http://blogs.adobe....

Adobe Flash Player problem with Firefox 3.0
Name: Jezreel Trepanier Email: jezreeltrepanierathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player problem with Firefox 3.0 Comments: Hello, I am trying to view videos on youtube with Firefox version 3.0 - it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash Player, or that I have javascript turned off. I have javascript turned on (upon checking) and I have just installed AFP, yet I continue to get the same message each time the browser restarts, so I am unable to view videos on youtube. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3.6.10: Adobe Flash Crash
Name: Randy Steer Email: mozilladotorg_firefoxatrandysteerdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6.10: Adobe Flash Crash Comments: This may be more of a problem with Flash than Firefox -- I assume you have contacts at Adobe you can pass it on to. At the UK version of HP's "Snapfish" website (www.snapfish.co.uk), I experienced the same crash on two different computers, home and office. After creating a photo-book "project", I tried clicking the "print" button, which prints a draft locally at your PC of the book that Snapfish will print...

Firefox 3.0.3 will not start (Mac OS 10.5.5)
I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox and nothing happen. I have delete .plist, profile, reinstall but no luck Any suggestions to make firefox work please? Thanks Peter Peter wrote: > I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator > account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a > domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox > and nothing happen....

Problems downloading Adobe Flash Player on Firefox 3.0
Name: kevin marcelli Email: kevmar100athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems downloading Adobe Flash Player on Firefox 3.0 Comments: I keep getting the message, The following applications need to be closed before the Adobe Flash Player Plugin can be installed. Firefox. I have no clue how to download this program and spent hours and getting no where. Please help. Thank you. Kevin Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no e...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player
Name: Manu B Email: manudotb2007atgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 5 + Adobe Flash Player Comments: Hi there, I’m very enthusiast with Firefox 3 but I noticed what web sites using heavy Flash applications no longer work with beta 3. I’m running Windows XP Pro Sp2 (sorry), I tried two recent releases of Flash Player from Adobe, both work with Firefox 2, which I use every day, but not with beta 3. I don’t receive any error from Firefox, the extension is listed as working but doesn’t on some web sites. I don’t have any idea about troubleshooting thi...

In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2
Name: Firas MR Email: firasmr786atgmaildotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2 Comments: Hi, I'm on Ubuntu Linux Feisty Fawn. I've noticed that Flash isn't working properly in Firefox 3 Beta 3. Flash performance was significantly better with Firefox 2. Although I have to say that even with Firefox 2, it wasn't entirely satisfactory partly because of Firefox's memory footprint. Using the 'top' command, Firefox 2 shows Memory usage at 35%. Firefox 3 Beta 3...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

Web resources about - No Flash support in Firefox 3.0.5 and Adobe flash 10 - opensuse.apps.multimedia

Help:Multilingual support (Indic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... illustrate the native representation of names, places, quotes and literature. Unicode is the encoding used on Wikipedia and it contains support ...

Trump Passes Up Chance to Disavow White Supremacist Support
Bloomberg Trump Passes Up Chance to Disavow White Supremacist Support Bloomberg Billionaire real estate developer Donald Trump came under ...

Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin throws his support and money behind Indian e-commerce company Hopscotch ...
The BI Intelligence Content Marketing Team covers news & research we think you would find valuable. Indian e-commerce site Hopscotch has secured ...

WhatsApp Ending Support For Some Older Devices By End Of 2016
... smartphone and are an avid user of WhatsApp, you might want to think about your phone’s future: the messaging service plans to end support for ...

Rubio Won't Say If He Will Support Trump If He Wins Nomination
On today's Face the Nation, Marco Rubio was asked if he would support Donald Trump if he won the Republican nomination. He refused to answer ...

Establishment Support For Rubio Will Only Make Trump More Certain To Be The Nominee
Establishment Support For Rubio Will Only Make Trump More Certain To Be The Nominee

Why Jewish voters still won’t support Republicans in 2016
... unchanged since Mitt Romney was sent packing four years ago. There's no mystery why. In a nutshell, American Jews overwhelmingly support Democratic ...

Mark Ruffalo Joins Protest In Support of Victims of Priest Sexual Abuse Before 2016 Oscar Ceremony
Mark Ruffalo Joins Protest In Support of Victims of Priest Sexual Abuse Before 2016 Oscar Ceremony

WhatsApp Dropping Support for BlackBerry, Nokia, Androiod 2.2 OSes
As consumers have moved to Android and iOS as the most popular mobile operating systems, WhatsApp is following the trend.

You Might Not Support Your Candidate For The Reasons You Think You Do
We have a psychological need to hold coherent opinions, even if that means looking at the evidence selectively. During an election season, reading ...