Kaffeine 0.8.8 on openSuse 11.2

Has anyone here got kaffeine 0.8.8 running on openSuse 11.2 with KDE 4?
I did an update from 11.1 to 11.2 recently and now I can't find or
launch the old Kaffeine from the start menu or KRunner. I can only start
it using the terminal and then it's without sound.
Kaffeine 1.0pre-2 isn't full-featured enough and the settings are
missing so I need help on how to get Kaffeine 0.8.8 to start on KDE 4
openSuse 11.2.

--
Culture1

Culture1
11/18/2009 1:36:01 PM
opensuse.apps.multimedia 3307 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Culture1;2070189 Wrote:
> Has anyone here got kaffeine 0.8.8 running on openSuse 11.2 with KDE 4? Yes. I have both running.

I simply installed both, and both work.

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77

0
oldcpu
11/18/2009 11:26:02 PM
oldcpu;2070778 Wrote:
> Yes. I have both running.
>
> I simply installed both, and both work.

Some more detail ... I have the xine engine selected in 0.8.8.  I also
have the Packman packaged libxine1 installed.  To find the player I go
to KMenu > applications > multimedia > video player > media player
(kaffeine / KDE3).

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=426211

0
oldcpu
11/18/2009 11:36:02 PM
Note, I am a strong proponent of having only 4 repos, and no others.
Those 4 are OSS, Non-OSS, Update and Packman.  No others. I believe as a
result I do not experience the functionality and dependency problems
that many other new OpenSUSE users experience.  ... But again, thats
just me.

--

oldcpu;2070789 Wrote:
> Note, I am a strong proponent of having only 4 repos, and no others.
> Those 4 are OSS, Non-OSS, Update and Packman.  No others. I believe as a
> result I do not experience the functionality and dependency problems
> that many other new OpenSUSE users experience.  ... But again, thats
> just me.
What about the VideoLan repository? If one wants to watch DVD then it's
absolutely necessary.
I personally also install the KDE 4.3 Desktop, Community and Playground
repos because there are some stuff like yasp, yawp and flickr that one
doesn't find in the normal openSuse installation

--
Culture1
Culture1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=37382
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=426211

0
Culture1
11/19/2009 5:46:01 AM
oldcpu;2070786 Wrote:
> Some more detail ... I have the xine engine selected in 0.8.8.  I also
> have the Packman packaged libxine1 installed.  To find the player I go
> to KMenu > applications > multimedia > video player > media player
> (kaffeine / KDE3).

I have all that installed but Kaffeine 3 isn't in the Menu - don't know
why. There are even two entries in the menu with Kaffeine but both only
launch Kaffeine 4. Kaffeine 3 is installed from the Packman repo,
libsine1, libxine-codecs, win32-codecs and libdvdcss are all installed
but I still can't find kaffeine 3 anywhere on KDE 4.

--

Culture1;2070949 Wrote:
> What about the VideoLan repository? If one wants to watch DVD then it's
> absolutely necessary.add videolan to install libdvdcss and then IMMEDIATELY remove it.
applications from videolan in particular has been known to break MANY
packman packaged applications because of the different locations where
they store codecs.
Culture1;2070949 Wrote:
> I personally also install the KDE 4.3 Desktop, Community and Playground
> repos because there are some stuff like yasp, yawp and flickr that one
> doesn't find in the normal openSuse installation
If you are going to leave those repos enabled all the time, then you
have to know WHAT you are doing in terms of identifying functional
problems or dependency problems when they occur.

In my case, I simply add a repos, add the app I want, and then remove
the repos. This is VERY easy to do, as when searching for an app on web
pin, one is given the repos as a URL. Then all one has to do is copy and
paste:

zypper ar < repos from web pin > arbitrary-name  #add repos
zypper install < application >  #install application
zypper rr arbitrary name  #remove repos

Its fast, its quick, and it keeps ones repositories clean and mean.

And no problems.

For example, lets say I want to install the chess program "crafty" on
openSUSE-11.1.  I search on web pin and I get this hit:  'Webpin'
(http://tinyurl.com/yz7vffl) noting that the latest version is packaged
in the repos
Code:
--------------------
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/snwint/openSUSE_11.1
--------------------
  so what I would then do is copy that URL, and then type and paste:

Code:
--------------------
    zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/snwint/openSUSE_11.1 craftyrepos
  zypper install crafty
  zypper rr craftyrepos
--------------------

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=426211

0
oldcpu
11/19/2009 6:56:03 AM
oldcpu;2071003 Wrote:
> add videolan to install libdvdcss and then IMMEDIATELY remove it.
> applications from videolan in particular has been known to break MANY
> packman packaged applications because of the different locations where
> they store codecs.
>
> If you are going to leave those repos enabled all the time, then you
> have to know WHAT you are doing in terms of identifying functional
> problems or dependency problems when they occur.
>
> In my case, I simply add a repos, add the app I want, and then remove
> the repos. This is VERY easy to do, as when searching for an app on web
> pin, one is given the repos as a URL. Then all one has to do is copy and
> paste:
>
> zypper ar < repos from web pin > arbitrary-name  #add repos
> zypper install < application >  #install application
> zypper rr arbitrary name  #remove repos
>
> Its fast, its quick, and it keeps ones repositories clean and mean.
>
> And no problems.
>
> For example, lets say I want to install the chess program "crafty" on
> openSUSE-11.1.  I search on web pin and I get this hit:  'Webpin'
> (http://tinyurl.com/yz7vffl) noting that the latest version is packaged
> in the repos >
Code:
--------------------
  >   > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/snwint/openSUSE_11.1
--------------------
> >   so what I would then do is copy that URL, and then type and paste:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/snwint/openSUSE_11.1 craftyrepos
  > zypper install crafty
  > zypper rr craftyrepos
--------------------

Thanks for the tip regarding the VideoLan repo. I didn't know that it
breaks packages from Packman. The funny thing is that I had no problem
finding and using both kaffeine 3 and 4 in openSuse 11.1 but since I
upgrade to 11.2 I got Kaffeine 4 as default and can't find 3 on KDE 4.

I am not really new to Suse, been using it for almost 6 years now so I
can find my way around things including solving conflicts. I mean it's
much easier now that it was a few years ago but of course life would be
better without them :)

--
Culture1
Culture1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=37382
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=426211

0
Culture1
11/19/2009 2:16:03 PM
Actually i have to confess that kaffeine 4 isn't that bad at all and is
relatively stable. The two main problems that I am having with it are
that  it allows screensaver and log-out along with that during DVB-T
playback, which is very annoying and secondly, I can't adjust the
settings (like to dock in the panel or pause when minimized) because
this feature is missing. if these two things could be fixed then I could
live with it.

--
Culture1
Culture1's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=37382
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=426211

0
Culture1

PB 8.0.2 and Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0 #2
Hi, Are there any details available (examples) on how to call/open a Crystal report within an PB application? Thanks, Mahesh ...

Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1?
Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? You might want to repost this over in the powerbuilder.general section and be a little more specific about the type of printing issues that you are looking for the fix for. On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:55:42 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion John <John> wrote: >Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

8.0.0 to 8.0.2 migration
Hi, We are planning to migrate one application from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2. So, can we install two different versions of SQL Anywhere Studio i.e. 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine? If not, then what are the migration issues, if any. Do I need to make changes in my existing code which interact with database? Further I am using SQL Remote for data replication, will this component be affected by the migration. Thanks in advance. Pankaj Gupta Please do not cross post... -- ________________________________________________ Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical S...

8.0.2 database with 8.0.0 engine
Hi All, A simple question on sybase ASA versioning.... Can i send a db created or (upgraded) in a 8.0.2 environment (on WK2) to a customer running the db on a 8.0.0 server (on linux - no 8.0.2 at the moment). Regards to active supporters of this effective newsgroup. Francois PS: By the way the 8.0.2 document is just plain superb :) A database that has been dbinit'ed by an 8.0.2 engine will not be usable by a 8.0.0 or 8.0.1 engine - the earlier engine versions won't know how to handle capability bit 20. I haven't checked all of the particulars on what happ...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 8.0.0 to 8.0.2
Hi, We are planning to migrate one application from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2 which uses SQL Remote for replication. So, can we install two different versions of SQL Anywhere Studio i.e. 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine? If not, then what are the migration issues, if any. Do I need to make changes in my existing code which interact with database? What is the overall effect of migration on SQL Remote stuff? Pointers most welcome. Thanks in advance. Pankaj Gupta Yes you can install 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine. You do have to explicitly specify path information for the s...

8.0.1 to 8.0.2 project migrating problem #2
Hello, Are there any special changes required to project (C++, Embedded SQL) settings while migrating from 8.0.1 ASA to 8.0.2 ? We've faced problem with ulgen tool. Our project contain 2 .sqc files and running ulgen we receive error. We tried to split 2 files into 3,4,5,6 etc. but this is not the solution. Below is what we receive while running sqlpp 2 times on each sqc file and ulgen next. When we removed line 1644 from File2.sqc file the next statement could not be processed. The only solution for that problem was to make sqc file smaller - but it doesn't meet our r...

server:8.0.2 4308, client 8.0.2 4339,what happened?
I. 08/18 14:27:42. <thread 1.10>: Synchronization request from: B00212 (version: v0401) I. 08/18 14:27:42. <1.10> [B00212]: Synchronization complete I. 08/18 14:37:42. <thread 1.10>: Synchronization request from: B00212 (version: v0401) E. 08/18 14:37:42. <1.10> [B00212]: Error: ODBC: [MERANT][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]There was a transaction active when exiting the stored procedure 'sp_tables'. The temporary table '#cumulative_role_set' was dropped in this transaction either explicitly or implicitly. This transaction has been...

Build recipe -- HPUX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit, perl-5.8.0, DBD -Oracle-1.12
Hi, I spent some considerable time attempting to get DBD::Oracle working and wanted to share the solution in hopes of helping fellow travelers. Here are the details of the environment: HPUX 11.0 Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit perl-5.8.0 DBI-1.30 DBD-Oracle-1.12 Using the following HP ANSI C compiler per swlist: B3901BA B.11.02.04 HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.00 (S800) Build procedure: * Build Perl taking the defaults except for: * Add "-lcl -lpthread " at the begging of the list in response to the question "What...

PB 8.0.2 and Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0
Hi, Are there any examples(details) on how to call/open a Crystal report within an PB application? Thanks, Mahesh ...

Where is the 8.0.X to 8.0.2 update
I do not see the 8.0.X to 8.0.2 on the dowload site. I see the 8.0.X to 8.0.3... TPS TPS wrote: > I do not see the 8.0.X to 8.0.2 on the dowload site. I see the 8.0.X to > 8.0.3... > In the drop-down for timeline, the default is the past 6 months...choose a larger value. greg.fenton -- Greg Fenton Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions -------- Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/ ...

Performance: 8.0 -> 8.0.2
Hello, I've got several customers who've upgraded from ASA 7 to 8 and noticed a performance impact in that indexes appeared to be needed where none were needed before. I've also personally experienced (as have several of our customers) a performance impact when going from 8.0 to 8.0.2. Did I miss a setting or is there any thing I should do? Thanks, in advance, for your help. Tim Beck JDS Solutions Corporation Please do not cross post. I have responded to this post on the ianywhere.public.general newsgroup. -- ----------------------------------------------...

Downgrade from 8.0.2 to 8.0.1
Has anyone had to downgrade from 8.0.2 to 8.0.1? If so, what hurdles did you have to jump? Thanks in advance. Eric Given the performance improvements from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2, this would be a very unusual question. Is there a particular issue that you are encountering with 8.0.2? -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8 Sybase Certified Professional Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere St...

PB 8.0.1 to 8.0.2
Don't bother. 8.0.2 is buggy, and 8.0.3 is available. M. Schr´┐Żder wrote in message ... ...

8.0.3 versus 8.0.2
Hi We have some "Global tempory tables" Now we are testing an update from 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 and in 8.0.3. i don't see two tables!! in Sybase central. Also i can not access these tables from my program. What could be wrong? Eric There is not a lot to go on there. Maybe you *had* some global temporary tables. It is possible during your upgrade or rebuild you have (accidentally?) just dropped them. If the tables have been dropped, translating the transaction logs should tell you when and by whom. Otherwise they should still show up in the SYS.SYSTABLE system...

Firefox-8.0.1, Seamonkey-2.5 and Thunderbird-8.0 for OS/2 released
Hi, after mostly positive feedback for the betas, I built and uploaded the final releases. Still I could not upload firefox-8.0.1 to the mozilla ftp server. Please, download it from netlabs: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla/firefox-8.0.1.en-US.os2.zip Thunderbird and Seamonkey betas can be downloaded from mozilla ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/8.0/contrib/thunderbird-8.0.en-US.os2.zip ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.5/contrib/seamonkey-2.5.en-US.os2.zip One known issue: If you have chosen to print to pdf files and print m...

Web resources about - Kaffeine 0.8.8 on openSuse 11.2 - opensuse.apps.multimedia

Welcome to Kaffeine - 66 Great Titchfield Street - London W1
Inspired by the amazing coffee culture in Australia and New Zealand, Kaffeine is an independently owned cafe and espresso bar in Fitzrovia, just ...

Michelle Muirhead (@ananyah) on Twitter

Kubuntu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Kubuntu" means "towards humanity" in Bemba , and is derived from ubuntu ("humanity"). The K at the beginning represents the KDE community on ...

More than 6000 Australians hit by Koler 'police' mobile ransomware
More than 6,000 Australians have been hit by new Koler 'police' ransomware which targets PCs as well as Android devices.

Latte starters
A bold new cafe culture has taken hold in England's capital with Australasian baristas leading the way, write Sheriden Rhodes and Angie Kelly. ...

Adobe tries again to fix Flash vulnerability
Adobe released an emergency patch on Tuesday to fix a Flash Player vulnerability that was fixed last month but was quickly exploited again.

Adeevee - Ads index from 13600 (pagesize 40)
Adeevee ADS CREATIVES AGENCIES BRANDS JOBS UPLOAD YOUR WORK ADS Media All Media Design Direct Marketing Film Integrated Media Mobile Online Outdoor ...

Ads of the World
All Creative World Brands of the World Creativebits Agency Spy Unbeige Graphics.com StockLogos more Mediabistro Liquidtreat Graphic Design Forum ...

Find us / THE BARN BERLIN
THE BARN ROASTERY The Roastery Brew Bar is a taste lab rather than a coffeeshop. The coffee menu is very reduced...

Chronicles of Chaos - Extreme Music Webzine - Metal Reviews and Interviews
CHATS : ALBUMS : DEMOS : GIGS : NEWS EDITORIAL : RANTS : : MORE CoC : SEARCH 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 ...