ZCM login fails - Netware Client login ok

I'm evaluating ZCM 10.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, one machine
with XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91 SP5 and ZCM Client 10.3.0.27649
eDirectory as user source, the same username and password on windopws
xp and eDir.

Novell Client login is fine, but then I get ZCM login window with the
same username. Entering the correct password brings me the message
"Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the
server certificate is incorrect."

I have reinstalled the Novell Client and tried a lot of things from TID
3273870 - no success - I just cannot login the ZCM client.

Maybe I have the same problem described in thread "ZCM Agent login
'Problem'" ?

Peter

--
seluxmetall

seluxmetall
5/26/2010 8:36:01 AM
novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent 2099 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have DNS entries pointing to your ZCM server?

--
Don

donasutton
5/27/2010 2:46:01 PM
I found that clearing the WinProxy solved my Problem

type @ command prompt : proxycfg

There should be no proxy configured here, but direct access to the
internet.

To clear the windows proxy type proxycfg -d

You should be able to log in right away (right click Z-icon in the
system tray)

--
Remondo Sedoc
System Engineer

rsedoc

ZCM 10.1 Agent login fails
Setup new 10.1 ZCM from scratch on Windows 2003 server. LDAP communication with AD is working fine. ZCM Agent fails to login as any user from workstations, also agent fails to login from the Server! Get the following Windows security message: "Unable to log into the ZENworks realm because the system has disconnected from the network and the specified credentials do not match with the credentials cached on the system....etc." I am getting this same message on the server itself, so it is NOT disconnected from the network. Any help would be appreciated. -- ...

NW Client login vs. Zenworks Login
Win XP Pro, latest Novell client, Z4D 4.0.1. Lately, several of our users are getting the Zenworks login, rather than the NW Client login screen. Does this require a registry change? Thanks. Tim, The newer nwgina.dll should overlap an older one. There was a bug a few years back with the older 4.0.1 agent where this wasn't occurring. So you might want to verify you're using the latest ZFD agent for 4.x/6. -- Tony Pedretti Thanks. Tony Pedretti wrote: > Tim, > > The newer nwgina.dll should overlap an older one. There was a bug a few > years back w...

The login failed. Login failed for user
  Hi   I am trying to capture and display a user-friendly message when my database/server is offline   In order to do the above task, I have taken my database offline and put in the following code to log and show an error has occurred.   PLEASE bear in mind the database is offline and that’s what I am trying to test for   C# for RequestDetails.aspx.cs   using System.IO; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; pu...

Agent updates 10.3.0 to 10.3.1 failing causing login issues
Seeing some stragne behavior with the 10.3.0 to 10.3.1 update.. Updated the servers they went ok, agents started upgrading to 10.3.1 automatically, which is ok. Seeing that some are failing, some just have status of Error, others have Update Completed with Errors. Some clients being prompted for ZENworks login all the time, those clients did not get updated all the way, Agent shows version 10.3.0.27649, but show properties show some of the agent status as 10.3.1 Tried to uninstall the client and reinstall 10.3.1, and it fails, says authtokenclient.msi failed to install. ...

Client Login Fails, but NetStorage OK
This is the first time I have experienced this problem. I created several new accounts using JRB Utilities jrbimprt. Users cannot login with the Windows client, but they can logon to NetStorage and they can access LDAP based services. If we change their password with ConsoleOne or JRB setpword, then they can logon with the client. -- KenHirsh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sounds like an NDS/universal/simple password issue. Are you using universal password? What password is set using jrbimport? -- Marcel Cox http://support...

Slow login with ZfDMA (4.9 client login ok)
Installing Zen 4 into a Windows only environment, login using the ZfDMA is extremely slow - about 5 minutes. As this is a Windows only environment we do not wish to use the 4.9 client, which I believe is the correct scenario in which to be logging in using only the ZfDMA. If I remove the agent and install the 4.9 client (client only - no other options) then login is down to within 10 seconds. Re-installing the client with Workstation manager ticked increases login time slightly to about 20 seconds (this is acceptable(-ish) as the test workstation is quite low spec). ...

Cannot Open Database "XXXX" requested by login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'xxx'
hi,  so i have a new box and I'm trying to get my websites and SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition working on it, but the pages give me the following error when I try to load them: "Cannot Open Database "XXXX" requested by login.  The login failed.  Login failed for user 'xxx'" Everything seems exactly the same settings and user-wise from my old box to my new one, but nevertheless everything I've tried gives me the same error. I've tried creating new users in SQL Server and giving them appropriate permissions to my database.  I've even tried just using the buil...

Cannot open database requested in login 'sql'. Login fails. Login failed for user '\ASPNET'.
I am using the MSDE to connect to my ASP.NET application. I get this error after clicking the login button of my login page. Anyone know why this would happen? Thanks for any help, Cannot open database requested in login 'DataSQL'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'server\ASPNET'.Thank youJackxxx I thought i shold add that when this was on the development PC the database was named DataSQL. On the new PC it is DataSQL2, so I'm not sure why the error shows DataSQL. Thanks,Thank youJackxxx What are the contents of your connection string? Where is it stored? TerriTerri MortonE...

Cannot open database requested in login 'database'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'.
I am getting the following error from a previously working asp.net application Cannot open database requested in login 'fieldservice'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'. I checked the connection string dim myconn as sqlconnection=new sqlconnection("server=milkman;uid=webuser;pwd=xxx;database=fieldservice"), and it is the same as another application that is still working. I am able to use query anaylizer and connect to the db and run the query that is attempting with this information so I am lost. Anyone out there got any ideas? Thanks, Justin T...

Cannot open database requested in login "database". Login fails. Login failed for user 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'
Hi, I have a big problem with accessing asp.net application with sql server express database in IIS. Normally my application working fine but some time i got the error like "Cannot open database requested in login "database". Login fails. Login failed for user 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'. " i already gave permission for ASPNET account by calling stored procedure "exec sp_grantlogin 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'  my connection string is<remove name="TranslationConnectionString"/> <add name="TranslationConnectionString" connectionStri...

Cannot open database "DataBase" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'User\ASPNET'.
hi all, i am having my asp.net project and database is in same system. in web.config i diclaire my connection string as <add name="MyWebConString" connectionString="Data Source=AIPL069\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyWeb;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> when i login application i got an error error is Server Error in '/MyWeb' Application. Cannot open database "MyWeb" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'AIPL069\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception...

Cannot open database requested in login 'dbName'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'machineName\ASPNET'
Been looking through the forums for a solution to this problem.I already tried granting access through statements such as:exec sp_grantloginaccess N1'machineName\ASPNET'But they don't seem to work.. i vaguely remember seeing somewhere a DOS command line statement that grants access to the ASPNET_WP and that fixed my problem before on another computer.. but this is a new computer and i forgot to write down the command.Can anyone help explain and propose a solution to my problem. Many thanxs. osql -E -S InstanceName -C -Q "sp_grantlogin 'computer\ASPNET'" osql -E -S InstanceName -d database ...

Error: Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE
HI all when I was trying to host a website I got the following error Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE Previously I got an error Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE so I ran sp_grantlogin 'NTAUTHORITY\NETWORKSERVICE' in query analyzer.When I wet through the page once again I encountred the error  Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICEpls help me!!!Thanks in advance.... Ravi Chilakamart...

Cannot open database requested in login 'Portal'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'JAY\ASPNET'.
Guys, I've been beating my head with this. Please help. Let me see if I can explain. I'm running the IBuySpy Portal self install utility. It used to fail and say could not find SQL server, but after someone posted that you need to enable TCP/IP it has gotten further. Now, it will bring up a dos prompt and it looks like it tries to create the database. It errors our saying Could not add aspnet user to database: Cannot open database requested in login 'Portal'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'JAY\hawkswim32'. I looked at the output when it was installing the datab...

Cannot open database "Noddy" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'ANOTHER\asmith'.
Hi   Using Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005.   I am trying to implement error trapping in my first asp.net application.   I want to error trap database being offline so I took the database offline.   Therefore when I tried to login into my application I was expecting to get an error such as   Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "CRM" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'CSLSYSTEMS\ywhittaker'.     Then in the Web.config file, I included the following code    &nb...

Web resources about - ZCM login fails - Netware Client login ok - novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ