Windows 7 support

Hi,

from which version ZCM 10 ufficialy support Windows 7?

Thank you.

--
mauro_vaccari

mauro
2/11/2010 3:46:01 PM
novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent 2099 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/readme/readme_zcm1022.html#bndf8te

--
jjader

jjader
2/11/2010 3:56:01 PM
jjader;1931860 Wrote:
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/readme/readme_zcm1022.html#bndf8te
thanks very much

--
mauro_vaccari

mauro
2/11/2010 4:46:01 PM
So full Personality Migration support for Windows 7 will only be
available with ZCM 11?

I ran into a problem, using Personality Migration in a 10.3.1 Zone. All
tested features worked fine so far. Only one problem, the Wallpaper is
saved in XP (and can be restored to XP), but is not restored under
Windows 7

Is it possible to use Personality Migration from ZCM 11 with ZCM10? :)

--
Once upon a time there was a guy named �mse...

schiggieh

Zenworks Agent 10.3.3
Hi, Here's my problem : I have a SYSPREP fully functionnal that install the Novell Client IR9a on a Windows 7 SP1 32Bits and at the end i have a VBS File that download the latest version of Zenworks Agent installer to the local harddrive. After it installs it... Then a strange behavior happen after the required reboot by the installer. You can't ping any DNS names until until you have rebooted your machine 3 times. -> You can ping ip addresses but not their names. I tried to do a flush dns realse or renew and same behavior... can't ping any DNS names. ...

ZCM Agent 10.3.3 and Windows 7
Hi all, Tearing my hair out here as I'm sure it's an obvious problem but I can't see the wood for the trees. Fresh install of Win 7 Enterprise 64bit. Upgraded to SP1, all current windows updates. Only other thing installed is MS Office 2010. When i run the agent install for ZCM 10.3.3, i get "Exiting with error code 2. hit any key to continue" What have I missed? I've made sure .NET is enabled in Programs and Features. -- daniel_99_1999 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Daniel, > When i run t...

Agent 10.3 will not install on Windows 7 boxes
I have turned off classic file sharing, enabled file and print sharing and turned off the firewall. I am sure that I have the correct credentials. Is there specific documentation for working with Window 7 requirements or am I missing something here? -- rtalada ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you manually map a drive to the Remote Windows PC and Copy the Agent over? Are you able to use PSEXEC to remotely install the agent? Those use the same basic methods that the ZCM Deployment tool will. If those things work, then the de...

No login for Agent 10.2.2.46430 on Windows 7
Hi I have updated out backed servers and have now deployed the new updated agent to a windows 7 machine. No agent was on the machine before. I see there is login option for the agent. I do not have the novell client on the machine and would think I don;t need it either. There are device bundles delivered to the desktop but no login option for the agent. The top of the agent only shows regresh or help not the original - not logged in as before. Any ideas or is this something not available for windows 7. Thanks -- markvh ---------------------------------------------...

Zenworks 7 Agent Upgrade Breaks Windows XP User Profiles
We have been having an intermittent problem since upgrading from the Zenworks 4 agent to Zenworks 7 on our XP desktops. Users have been reporting that their profiles are not loading on login and the error message appears: "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator." Examination of the event log yields the following errors in this order: Event ID 1508: Windows was unable to load the registry. This is ...

ZCM 10.1.3 agent and Windows 7 Beta 7000
Is there any issue (compatibility) between ZCM agent version 10.1.3 and Windows 7 Beta from 7000 to RC? I can install the zcm agent 10.1.3 but it doesn't register. It doesn't appear in the zone. When I click on the Register button, after a while, it states "Service Error. code: -21, message: Could not determine device type from <OS> tag: unsupported" Is it supported or we'll have to wait another version of the agent? Thanks. -- cajunior ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Devices will only register...

Zenworks 7 Agent Upgrade Breaks Windows XP User Profiles
We have been having an intermittent problem since upgrading from the Zenworks 4 agent to Zenworks 7 on our XP desktops. Users have been reporting that their profiles are not loading on login and the error message appears: "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator." Examination of the event log yields the following errors in this order: Event ID 1508: Windows was unable to load the registry. This is ...

ZCM 10.3.3 Agent slows down Windows 7 Workstation login
Hello together, since we installed ZCM10 our Windows 7 workstations take extremely long time to log into Novell network. The Novell Login Sucessfull screen appears about 2 minutes before the welcome screen appears. We noticed the following dll tries to send something. Are there any solution to increase the performance of ZenWorks with Windows 7 workstations? Sorry for my bad description :) Hopefuly I can answer your questions a bit better. Greets -- ceracon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Was the workstation connected t...

Register a ZCM 10.3 Agent on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
HOW TO REGISTER A ZCM 10.3 AGENT ON WINDOWS 7 64-BIT HOME PREMIUM To learn and test ZCM I'd like to run the ZCM agent on my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. If there is someone else who also want the same thing I will try to share some hints and tips.... During the registration of the Agent you receive a message like: Code: -------------------- code: -21, message: Could not determine device type from <OS> tag: unsupported -------------------- Roel van Bueren have som good information at 'NGN - Windows 7 en ZENworks Configuration Management' (http:/...

Zenworks 7 to Zenworks 10.0.3
Has anyone had any problems updating to 10.0.3 from version 7. Also do I need to remove version 7 before installing version 10.0.3. -- forthehorde ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ZCM 10.0.3 is in essence a totally new product. It should be viewed is more of a Migration to a New Product than an Upgrade of an old Product. ZCM 10 and ZDM7 can both reside on the same NetWork, but the Agents cannot be installed on the same PC. When you install the ZCM10 agent on a PC, it will remove the ZDM7 Agent. ZCM10 when first released had m...

[good first bug] SeaMonkey Bug 730751
I've opened a [good first bug] for SeaMonkey in Bug 730751 - Support animation when opening document-like windows in Lion (OS X 10.7) It's very simple, All you need to do is to look at all the front end (*.xul) changes in the following bugs: FX Bug 674370 - [10.7] Support animation when opening windows in Lion. TB Bug 728493 - Add Lion window opening animation (zoom on creation) to Thunderbird. And do the same to the equivalent SeaMonkey windows. Phil -- Philip Chee <philip@aleytys.pc.my>, <philip.chee@gmail.com> http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://x...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

10.3.0 to 10.3.1 Windows 7
I have updated my agents using my primary server. They were all installed with a fresh copy of 10.3.0 and then updated less than 2 weeks later with 10.3.1. None of my Windows 7 workstations can login into ZCM. I have fixed this on one machine by uninstalling both casa programs on the local machine.. My question is why is this happening? I did the same update at the same time to the XP machines and they are working fine. I now have 40 flippin' Windows 7 workstation I have to fix!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!! -- melnikok -------------------------------------------------------------------...

ZENworks Agent Service stops after deploying 10.3.3 agent.
Hi, Yesterday i patched our three ZCM-servers (Sles 11) with 10.3.3. I then deployed the 10.3.3 agent to some computers in the IT-department. ZCC shows that the deployment were successful. The problem is that you can not log on to the ZONE from many of these computers. The Novell ZENworks Agent Service stops. I get the following in the Application Windows Log on a Windows 7 64-bit client: Faulting application name: ZenworksWindowsService.exe, version: 10.3.3.3582, time stamp: 0x4d654308 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7b325 Exceptio...

Web resources about - Windows 7 support - novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent

The Windows Blog

Microsoft pulls the Windows 10 November Update
... weekend it seems as if Microsoft has pulled the recently released November Update (aka Threshold 2) from both the Media Creation Tool and Windows ...

Microsoft yanks Windows 10 November upgrade from download site
Microsoft last week stopped offering Windows 10's November upgrade as a disk image, shutting down the route many had used to skip the wait as ...

Minecraft Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition finally have redstone
... all I can do is kind of get a door to open when I get near it. Now you’ll finally be able to do some redstone wizardry on your mobile or Windows ...

Microsoft app tries to lure you from Android to a Windows phone
It's true that Windows Phone (and now Windows 10 Mobile) doesn't have as many apps as Android or iOS. However, the perception of that app deficit ...

Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
Wondering how Hyper-V containers work in Microsoft's upcoming server software release? Intrepid administrators and developers can get an early ...

Microsoft Pulls Update To Windows 10: Bad News For Fresh Installs
I wrote recently about Microsoft's large update to Windows 10, which was released mid-November. The update, which was available via Windows Update, ...

Levi James Steere: Man Throws Chunk Of Concrete Through Car Window, Allegedly Fractures Baby’s Skull
... went from bad to worse. According to the Orlando Sentinel , Levi James Steere has been accused of throwing a chunk of concrete into a car window ...