legacy netware users from netware 4 days

Anyone come across some users who cannot login to the agent ?  Other
users on same machines function fine !
0
phoenix
10/2/2008 11:29:36 AM
novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent 2099 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Make sure the "other name" field is not filled in.
That can mess with LDAP lookups for that user since it is giving the user an
additional CN.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

<phoenix@rise.net.au> wrote in message
> Anyone come across some users who cannot login to the agent ?  Other users
> on same machines function fine !

0
Craig
10/2/2008 12:27:17 PM
Craig Wilson wrote:
> Make sure the "other name" field is not filled in.
> That can mess with LDAP lookups for that user since it is giving the user an
> additional CN.

   I've checked this out, this field has no data.

The same users have issues with secure iprint authentication. It's an
unusual one, and so far have about 2 users, upon inital deployment not
sure how users this may become.

0
phoenix
10/3/2008 11:41:02 AM
Hi phoenix,

I think you problem is with the uid attribute for your old user is
missing. Nwadmin did not have the capability as ConsoleOne to auto
populate the uid.

Take a look to the TID 10071292 for a workaround. But the permanent
solution is to add the uid attribute to all your old Netware user.

This coolsolution TIP can help you to get a unique ID to all your user
'Cool Solutions: Setting the UniqueID on eDirectory Users'
(http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/17303.html)

Martin Dallaire

--
mdallair

mdallair

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

NetWare 4.1 Upgrade To NetWare 4.2
We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be downloaded and installed? John G. jagaman@adelphia.net The reason for the upgrade was so we could use Backup Exec 9 John A. Goodrich wrote: > We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to > upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be > downloaded and installed? > > John G. > > jagaman@adelphia.net > You need to purchase Netware 4.2 with the appro...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

NetWare 4.10 vs 4.11
I have several 4.11 servers and one 4.10 server to upgrade. All references I see talk about 4.11 and 4.2 do the same patches apply to 4.10 or is it seperate? > I have several 4.11 servers and one 4.10 server to upgrade. All references I > see talk about 4.11 and 4.2 do the same patches apply to 4.10 or is it > seperate? > 4.1 has it's own patch set. You cannot use 4.11/4.2 SPs on 4.10 -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) So if I want to migrate that server to NW6, I would first need ...

Netware 4.10
Hi, I have a customer running netware 4.10, what is the latest service pack that should be installed and are there any new DS updates that I should install. Thanks, John G. jagaman@adelphia.net 4.10 doesn't have a service pack -- there is a collection of updates: NetWare v4.10 (Listed newest to oldest) Available from: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/384/index.html STRTL8A.EXE STREAMS.NLM & TLI.NLM 23AUG2000 NAM41D.EXE Name Space Updates 06JUN2000 LIBUPJ4.EXE Modular CLIB.NLM ...

Netware 4.10
Hi, I've just started with a company that has an old Netware 4.10 server that will need to be upgraded soon. At a former company I migrated many Netware servers from 3.x to 5.x, including implementing NDS and all the usual stuff that you do when migrating / upgrading servers. I've been away from Netware for a while and for the most part, I'd like to keep this company on Netware or - as I've seen - "the future of Netware" - Linux as I understand it. The newest version seems to be 6.5. Is a 4.10 to 6.5 migration / update supported? I've done bo...

Zenworks 10 and Netware
We have 2 Netware 6.5 servers and about 50 workstations. Now we want update some clients to Windows vista. I found that only Zenworks 10 supports Vista, but runs Zenworks 10 with Netware? Does Zenworks 10 require an dedicated Server? Thanks Markus Pfeffer Markus, > but runs Zenworks 10 with Netware? > no, there is no support for ZCM with NetWare > Does Zenworks 10 require an dedicated Server? > yes - see http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b89a1a0.html -- Shaun Pond ...

i want to upgrade Netware 4.10 to 4.11 help me
i'm a newbie ... i have 2 server netware 4.10 called "UNO" and "TRE" ... now both are netware 4.10 and for a distaster i migrate to vmware esx without problem ... i want to be able to upgrade the 2 server the intranetware 4.11 with last support pack but i don't find solution in internet ... anyone can help me? -- kjws ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kjws, > i'm a newbie ... i have 2 server netware 4.10 called "UNO" and "TRE" ... > now both are netware 4.10 and for a distaste...

Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6
I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Dave. David, > I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have > alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able > to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do > this? > The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual. - An...

Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 how?????
Hello I need help on how to upgrade Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 I installed Netware 4.1 on a single network server with 5 workstations back in 1995. Since then I have only had to upgrade some patches to correct for y2k. The server has been running great, but now the servers hardware is giving troulbe. Thank You Tom How many users? With <30 or so, I would just do a new install. You need a fairly differently configured box to do 6.5 -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com You can also try checking out the "Netware Migration Wizard" at ...

Removing IPX Netware 4.11 / Netware 6
Hi all, is there any way of removing IPX support from Netware 4.11? We are in the process of implementing a VPN and cannot have IPX traffic flowing across the WAN. Can the IPX traffic be encapsulated in an IP packet by the netware server? Thanks in advance, Ben Yes. you can use SCMD. -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com ...

Migration from Netware 4.2 to Netware 6.5
Ik want to migrate 2 Netware 4.2 server to 2 Netware 6.5 servers. I use the MgrtWiz. 6.5. This wizard give me the option to do a migration to Netware 6.5 from a Netware 4.2 server. But............. Yes, i have a problem.... The migration stops.... before he actual copy's a file to the destination servers.. The trustees are backuped... The destination server is a Netare 6.5 server installed with the overlay CD 6.5 sp 1... and over this i used the nw65sp1a pack... Also i updated the file nuwagent.nlm......on the servers What do i wrong...... > What do i wro...

Connecting Netware 4.1 and Netware 6 through a firewall
Hi folks, we have an Netware 4.11 Server with IPX (and IP) and a Netware 6 Server with IP (and IPX) in the same NDS tree. We want to bring the Netware 6 server in the DMZ of a firewall that does not route IPX packets. How can we assure, that the Netware 4.11 server in the trusted zone can still communicate (for NDS sync) with the Netware Netware 6 server in the DMZ. Can they communicate over IP (what ports have to be opened then at the firewall)? Thanks for you help. Achim Fokken > Can they communicate over IP (what ports have to be opened then at the >...

Web resources about - legacy netware users from netware 4 days - novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ