Zen Hotpatch 2 fixes some stuff...missing some other stuff

Well, at least the new kernel supports SATA.

The AWK command is missing from the �bin� directory of the ROOT imaging
file.  You can copy it from the old ROOT file, but c�mon what�s the deal?

The GREP command doesn�t work properly.  For example, you cannot use the
options �i� and �o� in the same line, whereas the older kernel�s version
didn�t have this defect.

I don�t understand the INITRD file.  On the 7SP1a, you could crack open
the file easily and add drivers.  On the Hotpatch 2 version, you must
specify a filesystem type.  I got it to mount with usbfs, but did not
recognize the file structure.

Crazy, eh?
0
Troy
12/29/2006 8:29:08 PM
novell.zenworks.7x.image.win 2180 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--____XQCDDZRTXIGGAJYFGFII____
	-0500"

The initrd is in cpio format. To edit the file you need to
create an empty folder called hp2
mkdir /hp2
create a folder called newinitrd inside of hp2
mkdir /hp2/newinitrd
tftp or copy the initrd file to newinitrd
rename initrd to initrd.gz
mv initrd initrd.gz
cd into /hp2/newinitrd
gzip -dc < ../initrd.gz | cpio -i
make any changes to the files
cd back to the /hp2 directory
cd /hp2
rm -f /hp2/initrd.gz
cd into the newinitrd directory
cd /hp2/newinitrd
find . | cpio -o -c | gzip -9 > ../initrd.gz
rename initrd.gz back to initrd
mv initrd.gz initrd
That's the quick and dirty way. If you need the exact commands for any of =
the steps let me know. Maybe I'll send this to Cool Solutions and put it =
on zenimaging.info.

Jim Webb
www.zenimaging.info

<oUelh.21820$jS4.10750@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Troy