Intel drivers

I have been very thankful over the years for this forum telling me when
and where the latest hotpatch was available. Without this information I
would have been at a loss each time we made a new hardware purchase.

Our computers have always had Intel boards with onboard NIC. Just got
our first couple of new computers for the year, getting ready for a
major purchase and they don't work with the imaging server as NIC is not
detected. Saw the latest HP1 for IR1 and thought I would be out of
trouble again, but unfortunately no.

Board is Intel DG33BU which has onboard NIC Intel 82566DC. These have
apparently been out about 6 months now.

Is another hotpatch out soon?

Regards Warren
0
mcu
1/16/2008 2:07:49 AM
novell.zenworks.7x.image.win 2180 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mcu wrote:
> I have been very thankful over the years for this forum telling me when
> and where the latest hotpatch was available. Without this information I
> would have been at a loss each time we made a new hardware purchase.
>
> Our computers have always had Intel boards with onboard NIC. Just got
> our first couple of new computers for the year, getting ready for a
> major purchase and they don't work with the imaging server as NIC is not
> detected. Saw the latest HP1 for IR1 and thought I would be out of
> trouble again, but unfortunately no.
>
> Board is Intel DG33BU which has onboard NIC Intel 82566DC. These have
> apparently been out about 6 months now.
>
> Is another hotpatch out soon?
>
> Regards Warren

Have you tried zdm 7 sp1 IR1 HP1?

---Kurt
0
Kurt
It seems that Dell's Optiplex 755 uses the same Intel drivers as your HP
PCs and yes, I have the same issue...I'm trying to find a bootcd.iso to
use to get our new machines imaged but so far the latest Imaging engine
(ZDM7SP1IR1HP1) does not work...Man, this is getting old, every time we
buy new PC's we have to go through the same song and dance to get the
imaging engine going. I guess this is Novell's way to force you to learn
Linux but I rather take the blue pill than continue with this madness*.

Steve

* See
http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3761823&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=50221128&stateId=0%200%2050219878

0
steve
1/16/2008 6:53:24 PM
Kurt Finlayson wrote:
> mcu wrote:
>> I have been very thankful over the years for this forum telling me
>> when and where the latest hotpatch was available. Without this
>> information I would have been at a loss each time we made a new
>> hardware purchase.
>>
>> Our computers have always had Intel boards with onboard NIC. Just got
>> our first couple of new computers for the year, getting ready for a
>> major purchase and they don't work with the imaging server as NIC is
>> not detected. Saw the latest HP1 for IR1 and thought I would be out of
>> trouble again, but unfortunately no.
>>
>> Board is Intel DG33BU which has onboard NIC Intel 82566DC. These have
>> apparently been out about 6 months now.
>>
>> Is another hotpatch out soon?
>>
>> Regards Warren
>
> Have you tried zdm 7 sp1 IR1 HP1?
>
> ---Kurt
I think I say that is what I am using

Warren
0
mcu
1/17/2008 10:12:41 AM
mcu wrote:

> Board is Intel DG33BU which has onboard NIC Intel 82566DC. These have
> apparently been out about 6 months now.
>
> Is another hotpatch out soon?

Thanks to others in the forum I have sorted this out. There was an E1000
driver there that works, just was not linking the identity of the
hardware to it.

I found this link
https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/172/3421576_f.SAL_Public.html
  very useful. I found the link in this message:
I don't know how you would normally find a document like this.

So when I boot from PXE it can't find the installation because it didn't
load a network driver. A menu comes up, from Kernel Modules I can choose
to load Network Card Modules and the E1000 loads fine without providing
any parameters. I can then choose to Start Installation or Update,
Network, TFTP. It finds my server and then the directory boot.  All then
goes the same as usual.

I haven't bothered to install into the setup the identity for this NIC,
waiting for next hot patch or when the big batch of PCs arrive
0
mcu
1/23/2008 6:23:30 AM
Any resolution for this problem???  I am in the same boat.  My boss just
ordered 155 of these and I have no way of imaging them without direct
interaction with the boot cd.  It will work, but is very slow to pull
DHCP and I have to MANUALLY load the network driver through the
installation program.

--
aarcher

aarcher
5/29/2008 1:56:03 PM
aarcher;1568328 Wrote:
> Any resolution for this problem???  I am in the same boat.  My boss just
> ordered 155 of these and I have no way of imaging them without direct
> interaction with the boot cd.  It will work, but is very slow to pull
> DHCP and I have to MANUALLY load the network driver through the
> installation program.

Novell has released a new Interim Release.  Here is the link:

'NOVELL: Downloads' (http://tinyurl.com/56qqen)

This should fix you up.  If what you have is similar to the Dell 755,
then this should take care of you.  I've been pxe'ing the 755 since
November, but I don't remember what HP release it was.

Bob

--
shatford

shatford
5/30/2008 2:56:03 PM
THANK YOU!

The hotpatch (copying the initrd, linux, and root files from the
IR3a_IMG resource download into sys:tftp\boot\) worked!

We're using Lenovo ThinkCentre 6075's.

What a relief that something worked easily.

--
johnkmes

johnkmes

Zenworks Imaging Problem with Intel 965
Hi, I Have been look at the imaging problem We are having related to the Intel 965 motherboard. I have already applied the hot patch 3 (ZDM7SP1_HP3_20070220) this has upgraded the Linux kernel to 2.6.16.21-0.25. However I�m still having a problem with the kernel finding the cdrom at startup. It just stops with the error message �Could not find the ZENWorks installation CD. Activating manual setup program.� I have done some research and it looks to be a problem with the kernel not supporting the IDE controller architecture. It appears that the problem has been fixed in later kerne...

Install newer nic card drivers to the Zenworks imaging service
I am having trouble getting Zenworks to recognize a intel marvel yukon nic card. I can remote control the Workstation but I cannot take an image off the machine. I was told, that I could add drivers to the zenworks setup but was given any details on how to accomplish this task. On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:47:33 GMT, dmackay@forthancockisd.net wrote: > I am having trouble getting Zenworks to recognize a intel marvel yukon nic > card. I can remote control the Workstation but I cannot take an image off > the machine. I was told, that I could add drivers to the zenworks s...

Where to create image to be used on ZENworks imaging
Again, I went through the documentations and they do not indicate where I can create an image that I can have the ConsoleOne to select the image and I already created the boot disk which I can boot up a workstation to be imaged. Any ideas?? Send the image to the a server running ZEN imaging. Any volume, but I normally setup a directory or volume just for ZEN images. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop Example: server\volume\imgs Darrell Eddy "Alex Petersen" <amp.pci@gmail.com> wrote in message news:KZsqi.5520$oH4.4266@prv-forum2....

OutDated Drivers: How do Install Intel Drivers In Opensuse
Hi, I verify in Intel site that my Intel'drivers are outdated, because Dell Suport is slow, so how do I update them in Opensuse? Do I use Virtual Machine or try through Wine? Thanks in advanced! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wow, I did not know about that in the kernel were all needed drivers, I incoming on linux' Sphere about two months ago, so sorry by take your time to explain it to me, I will dig on linux hardware ! Thanks!! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------...

How do you add Win 7 drivers to the Driver Store?
OES2 on the backend, and Win 7 on the front. Need to install drivers, and I want to use the "Add from System" option. Based on the premise that I need to do this from Windows 7 itself (required when using the 'add from system option), using Internet Explorer (Which comes with IE8).. - ie8 doesn't work and appears to be not supported. - I can't use firefox to install drivers at all. How does one get around this dilemna? Thank you. Marvin -- marvhuffaker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Thu, 18...

intel 945 gme; intel driver and external displays
Hi, I try to connect an external display (1440x900) to a laptop (dell inspiron 640m) with intel 945 GME, intel driver and opensuse 11 64 bit. Up to know I used as a workaround the i810 driver + profiles. (two different xorg.conf files). Now I decided to try the intel driver. So I launch Sax2 I configure the display for the right resolution I test it, save it and reboot. Of course the things do not work by itself decides that 1024x768 is better for him. Here is the xrandr output Code: -------------------- Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1440 x 1...

Image on Image
I am trying to display a page that has image of a map on it. The user can then place other images of red thumbtacks on the image at different locations. Then when these thumb tacks are clicked on, they open a folder of pics related to the area. I saw a method in the imageButton class that returns the (x,y) of the location where the user clicked. I thought I could use this information to place another, smaller image button, on that area. My problem is that i can't seem to get the bottom imageButton to be transparent so I can see the smaller one. Am i on the right track with this. Any advi...

Zenworks Imaging
One of my machines died in the middle of imaging. The machine gave an error (progam closed due to internal segmentation error). I've never seen this error before, and I'm wondering if me trying to remote wakeup the machine before it is done imaging could have caused this. thanks Hi, I think this should not be the problem. I will ask my collegs tomorrow morning if they can redo it here, but I can�t promise anything. (We got here some problems too). What kind of Workstations do you have? Bye Michael "John Aldridge" <johnaldridge@wagonerps.org&g...

win drivers
have a lexmark 5270 printer trying to get going under suse 11.0 with kde 4.0. system sees printer, but no driver. i see that lexmark is not well supported. have a windows xp driver and ndiswapper install, but never needed before. don't know how to install win driver. any help? steve -- sfaul59 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ndiswrapper is for wireless devices not printers Just a thought, I think it might be worth checking Dell. There is some similarity if I recall with some Lexmark and Dell units. I had a free Dell prin...

Imaging, but not imaging
We multicasted to 43 machines. Updated the image on the master. Multicasted the updated image to 36 machines. (the other 7 wouldn't join the session for some unknown reason). I visually verified that all 36 were imaging. One of the 8 which didn't rename appears to not even have been imaged. The problems with the previous image were still there. It's as though the machine didn't image even though I saw it take part in the session and the temp bar going across the screen. What the heck's going on here? AlaN As a try, what happens if you boot either to PXE ...

Image in image
Hi, I have a project where clients viewing my website can buy t-shirts. They can choose from a number of t-shirt colors and shapes which are their plain colour. They can also choose a number of prints to be placed on the t-shirt. These will be graphics stored in a database. My problem is on how I can displaty the t-shirt with the graphics or logo they chose on te t-shirt. It would be something like drawing text on an image but instead drawing an existing image on the base image. Any Ideas? (I am using visual studio 2005 and vb.NET)   RegardsMerovingian you 1. You can create a...

Zenworks Imaging
We have 22 Identical PC's which are all compaq's and during the compaq restore cd, the workstation name is set to the serial number.. How can I achieve the same thing if I customise one of those images, and then upload that to the other 21 pc's? Ie how using imaging can I ensure the workstation name is set to the serial number ? ZFD3.2 and NW6 Andre Southgate > how using imaging can I ensure the > workstation name is set to the serial number ? This should go in the imaging forum, but. Normally this information is stored on a sector of the HD that isn&#...

image and image
// create an image object, using the filename we just retrieved System.Drawing.Image image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(file)); // create the actual thumbnail imageSystem.Drawing.Image thumbnailImage = image.GetThumbnailImage(64, 64, new System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort(ThumbnailCallback), IntPtr.Zero);   now my question is how to display this image in my image1 control in asp.net (version 1.1) the below line of code is not working.  Image1.ImageUrl=thumbnailImage.ToString();Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Hi, you can save t...

Web resources about - Intel drivers - novell.zenworks.7x.image.win

Peter Gregg (racing driver) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peter Holden Gregg (May 4, 1940 – December 15, 1980) was a racecar driver during the golden age of the Trans-Am Series and a four-time winner ...

More Perth Uber controversy: taxi drivers complain about Stereosonic lockout
... been accused of setting up quasi-ranks in Perth - this time outside last weekend's Stereosonic music festival in Claremont, where taxi drivers ...

Bus driver caught drink-driving in Qld
A south-east Queensland bus driver will face court after he allegedly drove six students to school while over the blood alcohol limit.

NVIDIA Releases 359.06 WHQL Game Ready Driver
NVIDIA is continuing their efforts to provide game ready drivers on launch day throughout the AAA/holiday season. Without missing a beat they ...

In pilot program, Uber is setting drivers up with rental cars
Uber is partnering with Enterprise to rent cars to potential Uber drivers for $210 a week in a pilot program that’s launching this week in Denver, ...

Yes, teens are still bad drivers, and the research supports it
Filed under: Driving , Safety Teens think that they are safe drivers, but a new study shows that they often engage in dangerous behaviors like ...

COJONES: Illegals Sue to Overturn Oregon Ballot Initiative That Overwhelmingly Refused Them Drivers Licenses ...
... a ballot initiative in that state in which voters resoundingly rebuffed attempts to legislatively permit illegal aliens to obtain Oregon driver's ...

​Officer tells black driver "I don't care about your people"
Georgia police officer disciplined, police department apologizes after confrontation caught on dashcam video

Escort 360 Helps Drivers Out, Because Speeding Tickets Suck
... giving you greater range and faster response time to ensure that alerts never come too late. The Max 360 provides protection that drivers need ...