Driver for Intel ICH6 PATA?

This is related to the PXE Linux initrd config:

We have issues with a new laptop - the hard drive controller (ICH6 I
think) is not recognised. When you run 'img ih' it says "Intel Corporation
Unknown device 0x2653".

The HDD is PATA, and mounts as /dev/hdc. The problem is that it operates
VERY S L O W L Y. A restore operation that takes 15 mins on another laptop
might take 60 mins.

The HDD does not have DMA enabled, and hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc says that DMA
cannot be enabled. There are no settings in the BIOS that seem relevant
apart from a "32-bit" setting, which makes no difference.

Have you seen this?
Where might I find a driver to solve this?

Thanks,
Simon.

0
Simon
12/20/2005 11:08:27 PM
novell.zenworks.7x.image.win 2180 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Simon,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Zenworks Imaging Problem with Intel 965
Hi, I Have been look at the imaging problem We are having related to the Intel 965 motherboard. I have already applied the hot patch 3 (ZDM7SP1_HP3_20070220) this has upgraded the Linux kernel to 2.6.16.21-0.25. However I�m still having a problem with the kernel finding the cdrom at startup. It just stops with the error message �Could not find the ZENWorks installation CD. Activating manual setup program.� I have done some research and it looks to be a problem with the kernel not supporting the IDE controller architecture. It appears that the problem has been fixed in later kerne...

Install newer nic card drivers to the Zenworks imaging service
I am having trouble getting Zenworks to recognize a intel marvel yukon nic card. I can remote control the Workstation but I cannot take an image off the machine. I was told, that I could add drivers to the zenworks setup but was given any details on how to accomplish this task. On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:47:33 GMT, dmackay@forthancockisd.net wrote: > I am having trouble getting Zenworks to recognize a intel marvel yukon nic > card. I can remote control the Workstation but I cannot take an image off > the machine. I was told, that I could add drivers to the zenworks s...

Where to create image to be used on ZENworks imaging
Again, I went through the documentations and they do not indicate where I can create an image that I can have the ConsoleOne to select the image and I already created the boot disk which I can boot up a workstation to be imaged. Any ideas?? Send the image to the a server running ZEN imaging. Any volume, but I normally setup a directory or volume just for ZEN images. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop Example: server\volume\imgs Darrell Eddy "Alex Petersen" <amp.pci@gmail.com> wrote in message news:KZsqi.5520$oH4.4266@prv-forum2....

OutDated Drivers: How do Install Intel Drivers In Opensuse
Hi, I verify in Intel site that my Intel'drivers are outdated, because Dell Suport is slow, so how do I update them in Opensuse? Do I use Virtual Machine or try through Wine? Thanks in advanced! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wow, I did not know about that in the kernel were all needed drivers, I incoming on linux' Sphere about two months ago, so sorry by take your time to explain it to me, I will dig on linux hardware ! Thanks!! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------...

How do you add Win 7 drivers to the Driver Store?
OES2 on the backend, and Win 7 on the front. Need to install drivers, and I want to use the "Add from System" option. Based on the premise that I need to do this from Windows 7 itself (required when using the 'add from system option), using Internet Explorer (Which comes with IE8).. - ie8 doesn't work and appears to be not supported. - I can't use firefox to install drivers at all. How does one get around this dilemna? Thank you. Marvin -- marvhuffaker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Thu, 18...

intel 945 gme; intel driver and external displays
Hi, I try to connect an external display (1440x900) to a laptop (dell inspiron 640m) with intel 945 GME, intel driver and opensuse 11 64 bit. Up to know I used as a workaround the i810 driver + profiles. (two different xorg.conf files). Now I decided to try the intel driver. So I launch Sax2 I configure the display for the right resolution I test it, save it and reboot. Of course the things do not work by itself decides that 1024x768 is better for him. Here is the xrandr output Code: -------------------- Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1440 x 1...

Image on Image
I am trying to display a page that has image of a map on it. The user can then place other images of red thumbtacks on the image at different locations. Then when these thumb tacks are clicked on, they open a folder of pics related to the area. I saw a method in the imageButton class that returns the (x,y) of the location where the user clicked. I thought I could use this information to place another, smaller image button, on that area. My problem is that i can't seem to get the bottom imageButton to be transparent so I can see the smaller one. Am i on the right track with this. Any advi...

win drivers
have a lexmark 5270 printer trying to get going under suse 11.0 with kde 4.0. system sees printer, but no driver. i see that lexmark is not well supported. have a windows xp driver and ndiswapper install, but never needed before. don't know how to install win driver. any help? steve -- sfaul59 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ndiswrapper is for wireless devices not printers Just a thought, I think it might be worth checking Dell. There is some similarity if I recall with some Lexmark and Dell units. I had a free Dell prin...

Zenworks Imaging
One of my machines died in the middle of imaging. The machine gave an error (progam closed due to internal segmentation error). I've never seen this error before, and I'm wondering if me trying to remote wakeup the machine before it is done imaging could have caused this. thanks Hi, I think this should not be the problem. I will ask my collegs tomorrow morning if they can redo it here, but I can�t promise anything. (We got here some problems too). What kind of Workstations do you have? Bye Michael "John Aldridge" <johnaldridge@wagonerps.org&g...

Intel drivers
Hello. Does anybody knows are there anywhere compiled drivers ver. 2.6 for intel graphics cards? OS is OpenSuse 11.1. Thanks. -- alexandrov ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexandrov;1960442 Wrote: > Hello. > > Does anybody knows are there anywhere compiled drivers ver. 2.6 for > intel graphics cards? > > OS is OpenSuse 11.1. > > Thanks. I do not know, but I would like say you that I have a laptop with Intel 965 GM graphics adapter, and I had a terrible experience with openSUSE 11.1. ...

Intel drivers
I have been very thankful over the years for this forum telling me when and where the latest hotpatch was available. Without this information I would have been at a loss each time we made a new hardware purchase. Our computers have always had Intel boards with onboard NIC. Just got our first couple of new computers for the year, getting ready for a major purchase and they don't work with the imaging server as NIC is not detected. Saw the latest HP1 for IR1 and thought I would be out of trouble again, but unfortunately no. Board is Intel DG33BU which has onboard NIC Intel ...

Imaging, but not imaging
We multicasted to 43 machines. Updated the image on the master. Multicasted the updated image to 36 machines. (the other 7 wouldn't join the session for some unknown reason). I visually verified that all 36 were imaging. One of the 8 which didn't rename appears to not even have been imaged. The problems with the previous image were still there. It's as though the machine didn't image even though I saw it take part in the session and the temp bar going across the screen. What the heck's going on here? AlaN As a try, what happens if you boot either to PXE ...

Zenworks Imaging
We have 22 Identical PC's which are all compaq's and during the compaq restore cd, the workstation name is set to the serial number.. How can I achieve the same thing if I customise one of those images, and then upload that to the other 21 pc's? Ie how using imaging can I ensure the workstation name is set to the serial number ? ZFD3.2 and NW6 Andre Southgate > how using imaging can I ensure the > workstation name is set to the serial number ? This should go in the imaging forum, but. Normally this information is stored on a sector of the HD that isn&#...

image and image
// create an image object, using the filename we just retrieved System.Drawing.Image image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(file)); // create the actual thumbnail imageSystem.Drawing.Image thumbnailImage = image.GetThumbnailImage(64, 64, new System.Drawing.Image.GetThumbnailImageAbort(ThumbnailCallback), IntPtr.Zero);   now my question is how to display this image in my image1 control in asp.net (version 1.1) the below line of code is not working.  Image1.ImageUrl=thumbnailImage.ToString();Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Hi, you can save t...

Web resources about - Driver for Intel ICH6 PATA? - novell.zenworks.7x.image.win

Adam Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam Douglas Driver ( 1983-11-19 ) November 19, 1983 (age 30) San Diego, California , U.S. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's ...

Bribie Island family forced out as 'drug driver' smashes into home: police
A south-east Queensland family has been forced out of home after a Sunshine Coast woman allegedly smashed into their house while avoiding a breath ...

Taxi drivers in Hungary block traffic in Budapest to ban Uber
MORE than 100 taxis are blocking traffic in downtown Budapest, demanding a ban on Uber and other ride-hailing apps.

Let F1 driver Alexander Rossi teach you to drive a manual
Filed under: Etc. , Motorsports , Videos , Driving Manor Marussia Formula 1 driver Alexander Rossi introduces the automatic-driving masses to ...

A Taco Bell exec who was fired after allegedly attacking an Uber driver is now suing him for $5 million ...
A former Taco Bell executive who was fired last year after he allegedly attacked an Uber driver is now suing that driver for $5 million, claiming ...

Suspected DUI driver dies after slamming car into two trees - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station ...
... vehicle, being driven at a high rate of speed, veered off the road and slammed into two trees,... MISSION BEACH (CNS) - A 19-year-old driver ...

Martin Luther King's driver on life with a King
Tom Houck, a chauffeur for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., shares what it was like having a driver's eye view on history

Mobileye Wants Driver Info to Build Better Maps
... the active safety space and is in the news at CleanTechnica often as a key supplier to Tesla Motors, the current [&hellip Mobileye Wants Driver ...

Adam Driver Goes Undercover as Kylo Ren on SNL - Collider
Adam Driver stars in a sketch spoofing the show Undercover Boss as his Star Wars: The Force Awakens character Kylo Ren on Saturday Night Live. ...

Adam Driver Sends Up Golden Globes, ‘Aladdin’ As ‘Saturday Night Live’ Host
Lena Dunham was nowhere to be seen as Adam Driver hosted Saturday Night Live in its return from holiday break as a newly minted movie star on ...