ZFD 4.01 media anybody?

Hi,

We stopped maintaining ZEN years ago, so an upgrade is not an option...

I've just completed a server migration (to new hardware). Our ZEN 4.01
server was a NW6 box, now it is NW6.5. I have a backup of all the data, so
it is possible to simply copy files back to where they should be, or is a
reinstall the only way? And if so, as per the subject, can anybody help me
get hold of the media at all? I can't find it in our safe anywhere :-(

Cheers, Alan

0
Alan
10/29/2010 8:47:15 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Alan Thompson,
> I've just completed a server migration (to new hardware). Our ZEN 4.01
> server was a NW6 box, now it is NW6.5. I have a backup of all the data, so
> it is possible to simply copy files back to where they should be, or is a
> reinstall the only way?

If you have a complete backup of DS and file system, then there shoulf be no
need to reinstall.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
10/29/2010 1:43:22 PM
Anders, It's migrated to a new server in the same tree, so DS is as was. The
file system is there too, but any idea what areas, and which files need
copying back onto the new server? I can't simply overwrite the new servers
folders because of the OS mismatch, endless newer files obviosuly.

Cheers, Alan

0
Alan
10/29/2010 2:50:33 PM
Alan Thompson,
> but any idea what areas, and which files need
> copying back onto the new server? I

Unless you need import/removal/inventory, nothing.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
10/29/2010 5:42:45 PM
Assuming I do need those things? (which I do!)

> Unless you need import/removal/inventory, nothing.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
>  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>

> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Alan
11/2/2010 8:36:00 AM
Alan Thompson,
> Assuming I do need those things? (which I do!)

Then there is no way to install officially. What I would do, personally
is to dedicate a virtual NW6 box for this purpose.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/2/2010 8:48:45 AM
I guess the obvious question to anyone watching is, has anyone UNOFFICIALLY
got ZEN4.0.1 on NW6.5? I need to know which files to copy to get the WS
Imp/removal working, I'm stuck without it as the server is now at NW6.5 and
I have no way of going back - or do I?

Cheers, Alan

0
Alan
11/2/2010 1:51:29 PM
Alan Thompson,
> I need to know which files to copy to get the WS
> Imp/removal working,

The entire tomcat stuff. Which will naturally break all existing 6.5
tomcat apps. Unless you can run the old 3.3 tomcat as a separate
instance.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
11/2/2010 2:50:13 PM
Funny we did the same a while ago running ZFD4 IR7 on NW65 sp8, with
iPrint only.  We have a seperate DS master running iManager.

I think if you look at the autoexec.ncf you will see the load of
Inventory, PXE, mgmtdbs.ncf etc  This would point you in the right
direction. There was a patch for NW65 but this for middle tier.
Definitely make sure you are running IR6 or 7.  I believe on the server
you will see a Zenworks folder on sys for PXE and maybe data for
inventory unless you left the databases on SYS.  Also public\zenworks

Anders wasn't the media the license key as I can't remember ever having
to enter a license key for the software on install ?  If this isn't the
case I could try to get you a copy.

--
sgardiner

sgardiner
11/3/2010 5:36:15 PM
Thanks sgardiner, after many hours of messing around, copying files back and
forth, it now loads the WSIMP service and the Inventory, which is all we
used ZEN for anyway!
Thanks for your help!

Alan

0
Alan

Modifying existing ZfD 4.01 Agent install with Install Tailor?
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 00632F5185256D73_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" We have deployed the ZfD 4.01 agent onto about 2000 notebooks. We have since discovered that the Mirror Driver component causes problems on 60% of those notebooks. Specifically, it completely disables 2/3 of the DirectX components, which causes WinDVD to not play DVDs anymore. We have discovered that by removing the Mrrir Driver, the DirectX components are re-enabled and WinDVD works again. I am trying to find the easiest way to uninstall ...

Is it safe to install ZfD 4.x IR5 if ZENWorks 6.5 is installed?
We have ZENWorks 6.5 in our tree, but due to some issues with the ZENWorks 6.5 initial agent release (e.g. memory leaks), we are holding off on deploying the agents until the next ZEN 6.5 update is released. For the time-being, we are using ZEN 4.x Agents. I believe our last ZEN 4.x server-side update was IR4. If we want to begin using the ZEN 4 IR5 agent, do we need to do any server-side upgrades as well? Will this blow up anything if we have ZEN 6.5 installed? Anyone know when the update for ZENWorks 6.5 will be out of beta? On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:28:34 GMT, Jeremy Mlaz...

ZFD 4.01 install
I downloaded the ISO's from my SLA thing online... I burned a CD for the program and when I go to install the extensions I get the following error message. A required .DLL file, PSAPI.CLL, was not found. What's up with that? Thanks in advance, Dan Cannot find that file anywhere. Can you give me more info, like at what point or such? What Novell client do you have installed and what MS OS? -- Jared L Jennings, CNE Novell Support Forums SysOp It's directly after I click on the extend schema button that it gives me that error message. It i...

ZFD 4.01 installation
I'm getting an insufficient disk space error which prevents ZFD4.01 from installing on a NW6sp2 server. Server volumes come from a pool which is supporting volumes SYS and DATA. Sys has 33gb available. Can the installation be forced? TIA Glenn Brodin Glenn, what does the Explorer report as free space on the SYS volume ? also, what's the Free space on the workstation you are using to install Zenworks ? Also make sure you have no space restrictions in place for the user you use to install. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "G...

Zenworks 4.01 installation
I have a netware 6.0 SP3 running stand-alone running Zenworks 3.2 for desktop. I basically use Zen for dynamic login, inventory databases and remote control. I plan to rebuild this server and install Netware 6.5 SPx and then install zenworks for desktop 4.01. I want to do this without affecting my current Zen functions. One thought that has crossed my mind is to setup a temporary Netware 6.5 server, install zenwork 4.01 for desktop and then bring down the zen 3.2 server for upgrade. My question is, can 2 stand-alone servers, one netware 6.0 runinng zen 3.2 for desktop and the o...

Zfd 4.01 install questions
Hi Been playing around with zenworks for a couple of weeks now, I have it running in a test environment and have been happy with the test so far. Single server, with sperate .OU for Users, Servers, W/S & Zenworks off the ..O=test. Now I need to do a test setup to more mirror the product envirnoment. 3 NW6.0Sp4 servers, WAN(T1 links between location currently, will be going to fiber later this year 100Mbit). 1 Tree. 13 OU's off main O. Servers are all in seperate OU's. About 650 Users using about 520 W/S - Every OU is a seperate location on the WAN. Will not be usi...

ZfD 4 or ZfD 4.0.1
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:07:07 GMT, zthiel@acuity.com wrote: > a quite empty post... zenver should do the job.. -- Marcus Breiden Please change -- to - to mail me. The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion. http://www.edu-magic.net On 6/4/2004 Marcus Breiden <zenworks@edu--magic.net> wrote: >On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:07:07 GMT, zthiel@acuity.com wrote: > >> >a quite empty post... zenver should do the job.. > So it would tell me 4.0.1 if I was on that version? Zach, yes, run from a command prompt at sys:public -- S...

ZFD 4.01 cluster install fail
I have a two node cluster, with four cluster volumes. One of the shared volumes is for ZEN, named oddly enough, ZEN. I followed the docs for installing ZFD 4.01 in a cluster. The components I selected were, application management, workstation management, workstation import, workstation removal, and workstation remote management. No imaging, inventory or database components. I was able to browse to and select the virtual server for the ZEN volume. I got a failure trying to copy an ncf file to the cluster volume, \\clustervol\sys\system\?.ncf. I neglected to copy the error mess...

ZfD 4.01 INstall configure question
Can zenworks do this. Install Zenworks on all 3 servers. Install sybase Inventory database on FS1 only. No Middle Tier installed.(NW6SP3) Create a .ou=Workstation & .ou=Zenworks Policy under all O & OU's 0=test ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ou=user1 ou=servers FS1 ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ou=user2 ou=servers FS2 ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ou=user3 ou=servers FS3 ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ...

ZfD 4.01 IR6 install isue
We are running Netware 6.0 SP5 and would like to upgrade our ZfD from 4.01 IR5 to IR6. We do use the Workstation Inventory component. Console1 (startx) is not running on the server or on any workstation. I did unload imgserv.nlm. Here's where I really don't know what the following command does, but blindly followed the instructions and "type STOPSER * to unload java." Instead of unloading java, it appeared to start another session of java. Regardless, I continued on to run winsetup.exe and attempt to install to the server. When it gets to the login screen f...

Custom Zfd 4.01 silent install, how to?
I'd like to make a silent install for ZfD 4.01 with the following options: - No Workstation Inventory component - No Workstation Imaging component - Launch Application Explorer automatically Everything else is fine with the default, I just need a way to get these three settings in a silent install. Is there a how-to on this somewhere? Thanks! the information for the parameters is in the readme - also try http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085696.htm or others... -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp ...

ZfD 4.01 install freeze up sever
Hi I am trying to install ZfD 4.01 on a NW6 Sp4 server, when it gets to the actual portion where it starts copy files it locks the server up. Looks like it is about 10% on file install. Server is based on a ASUS P3B motherboard with 1Gb Ram. Sys has 2.3GB free. I have sucessfully install GW6.5 & BM 3.7 on this server. This used to be my W/S but moved it to a server when I built new W/S - I have allways had problems copy files to from this machine, weither it was running windows NT4 or 2000, andNW5.1 & NW6.0. I checked configuration and I had a switch setting wrong for CP...

Zfd 4.01 install questions #2
Can zenworks do this. Install Zenworks on all 3 servers. Install sybase Inventory database on FS1 only. No Middle Tier installed.(NW6SP3) Create a .ou=Workstation & .ou=Zenworks Policy under all O & OU's 0=test ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ou=user1 ou=servers FS1 ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ou=user2 ou=servers FS2 ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ou=user3 ou=servers FS3 ou=Workstation ou=Zenworks Policy ...

Need to remove ZfD 3 Components on Client 4.90 for ZfD 4.01?
Hello, is it necessary to remove the ZfD 3.2 agent components of the client 4.90 prior to installing the ZfD 4.01 mgmt agents? TID10081531 doesn't suggest this procedure but I've made some bad experience with older client versions. My environment: NW5.0SP6a with ZfD 2.0, NW6.5 with ZfD 4.01, NT4.0SP6a with Client 4.90 (49pkb.exe). Thanks for any input. Olaf oackerma@lanworks.de > is it necessary to remove the ZfD 3.2 agent components of the client > 4.90 prior to installing the ZfD 4.01 mgmt agents? > TID10081531 doesn't suggest this procedur...

Web resources about - ZFD 4.01 media anybody? - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Winter Blizzard 2016: Pictures Of Massive Snowstorm Taken From Outer Space
Dubbed Winter Storm Jonas, the first major blizzard of 2016 is probably best viewed from outer space. American astronaut Scott Kelly tweeted ...

Wow, Charlotte Rampling Is Still Talking
On Friday, Oscar nominee Charlotte Rampling had some opinions about the Academy Awards and race and just couldn’t keep them to herself. The daughter ...

Brothers, Teaching Assistant Among Dead in Saskatchewan School Shooting
CBC.ca Brothers, Teaching Assistant Among Dead in Saskatchewan School Shooting Wall Street Journal The four victims of Friday's school shooting ...

Head of Apple’s secret car project to leave the company
According to a recent report from the Wall Street Journal , Apple's ongoing effort to design an electric car hit a significant snag with word ...

Michael Bloomberg Apparently Thinking Of Running For President For Some Reason
As we head into the final week before the beginning of voting for the 2016 election cycle, The New York Times is taking its turn to report what ...

Google agrees to pay £130m back tax in the UK
Following an audit of its accounts, Google has agreed to pay £130m ($185m) in back taxes in the UK. The company says that it wants to make sure ...

Fox Yappers Try To Pin Flint Water Crisis On EPA And Local Officials
Never mind that the municipal officials were powerless to do anything about this after Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder, against the will of the voters ...

​Passerby hit by gunfire on Las Vegas Strip
CBS News ​Passerby hit by gunfire on Las Vegas Strip CBS News LAS VEGAS - A young passerby on the Las Vegas Strip was injured Friday night ...

We have lift-off...and landing: Amazon founder Jeff Bezos delivers a spaceship that can go into outer ...
Blue Origin, the space firm created by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has successfully tested a rocket in west Texas for the second time which can ...

Dole Listeria Outbreak: 5 Things You Need To Know To Stay Safe
If you’re a salad lover reading up on the Dole listeria outbreak, you are no doubt very concerned about the packaged salad that may be sitting ...