Zen4 Desktops migration

Netware 6.5 Sp7
Zen4 Desktops.

I'm sure this has been asked before so sorry for the echo.

Currently running Zen4 Desktops on a Netware 6.5 server, desktop OS at
present is XP.

With the on set of Vista on the horizon, should i be looking to upgrade
to lateset zen, (we will have to support Vista in the not so distance
future).

Also All my servers are still runnig on Netware, what things should i
consider in a migration to new version of Zen and possible new OS
(Suse)

Many thanks.

--
nlewis

nlewis
3/26/2008 10:36:01 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

nlewis wrote:

> Currently running Zen4 Desktops on a Netware 6.5 server, desktop OS at
> present is XP.
>
> With the on set of Vista on the horizon, should i be looking to upgrade
> to lateset zen, (we will have to support Vista in the not so distance
> future).
>
> Also All my servers are still runnig on Netware, what things should i
> consider in a migration to new version of Zen and possible new OS
> (Suse)

For Vista you need ZCM, Zenworks Configuration Management (Zen v10), and
it needs Linux or Windows server.

ZCM seems to be a bit shaky still, so you may want continue with Zen4
for your XP environment.

Skipping Vista,

-sk
0
Sami
3/26/2008 11:50:44 AM
ZCM v10.1 should be out late 1H of this year and should be a great target
for new adopters at this point.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"Sami Kapanen" <sami.kapanen@TAKETHISOFF.hamk.fi> wrote in message
> nlewis wrote:
>>
>> Currently running Zen4 Desktops on a Netware 6.5 server, desktop OS at
>> present is XP.
>>
>> With the on set of Vista on the horizon, should i be looking to upgrade
>> to lateset zen, (we will have to support Vista in the not so distance
>> future).
>>
>> Also All my servers are still runnig on Netware, what things should i
>> consider in a migration to new version of Zen and possible new OS
>> (Suse)
>
> For Vista you need ZCM, Zenworks Configuration Management (Zen v10), and
> it needs Linux or Windows server.
>
> ZCM seems to be a bit shaky still, so you may want continue with Zen4
> for your XP environment.
>

> Skipping Vista,
>
> -sk

0
Craig

Installing Zenworks for Desktops 4 on WAN
I'm installing Zenworks on a WAN. Do you need to install to everyserver? I have some of the remote sites up (4 out of 40) and everything seems to be working properly with an install to a single server. I'm having difficulty finding anything on this . The only docs I can find are on version 2 and it says install zen to all servers for nal load balancing. I need to know a great deal more that this on this topic. Any advice or links to design guidelines on this would be greatly appreciated. Meme, you don't need to install in on all servers, but y...

Installing Win2kSP4 using Zenworks for Desktops 4
Can anyone tell me how to install this support pack for windows by creating an app object in Zen using either the .msi file or using it with a transform file? I keep getting errors when trying to run the application. Person has administrator rights to the workstation. I've tried associating the workstation with the app and still get error code 1603. I've exhausted any hints found in documentation and am looking for help. Thanks. Barb haller@ria.buffalo.edu, > Can anyone tell me how to install this support pack for windows Took a look at this solution, it w...

Slow boot after installing ZENWorks for Desktops 4
We have installed the ZENWorks for Desktops 4 agent on several laptops in our company. Now when these users attempt to boot their laptop while disconnected from the network they are having problems with slow boot ups. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem? Thanks. Nancy Kafer Is client32 loaded? What version of the MGMT Agent? -- Jared L Jennings, CNE Novell Support Forums SysOp. http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_nntp.html Posting with XanaNews Reader 1.15.8.4 Geek by Nature, NetWare by Choice. I did not load the actual Netware...

Slow login after Installing Zenworks for Desktops Management Agent
Ok heres a little history. I am running Zenworks for desktop 4 on Win98 machines. I was told that i needed to install the Zenworks for Desktop Management Agent in order for my policy to work in Zenworks 4 which is true. After i installed the agent and restart the computer i login and it takes 8-9 mins to fully login. The first time it caches a lot of different programs which i understand then the next time i login it take 3- 4 mins. I have installed XP on a machine and installed the Management agent and it takes only about 30 secs to login in after the first time. We...

Zen4 install
Hello Apologies for the long winded explanation. Our environment is a nw5.1 tree with 3 srv's all sp6. We tried to install zfs3 and zfd4 on seperate volumes on 1 server. ZFS installed ok. ZFD installed with a 1168 error unable to write version number to registry. After several more attempts to install inventory on its own and as a full install we had no success.I followed manual for deleting NDS objects and files etc and tried reinstall no success. Tried installing to another server in the tree no sucess. The schema extension reports it has suceeded and the install reports...

Converting from minimal install to KDE desktop *after* installation
Hi everyone, This is my first post here... I installed 12.1 choosing the minimal install (console/server only), and I would like to convert this installed system into a graphical/KDE-based, as if I had chosen KDE during the installation. For reasons that are not relevant, install again from scratch is not a choice (I can explain if anyone is interested). Run the installer as update is not a choice either. I can, however, install any package using YaST. Indeed, I already selected the package patterns for KDE4 Base System and KDE4 Desktop Environment. However, the system doesn&...

Install Gnome Desktop after KDE Install (11.2)
Hi Folks, I installed KDE from a CD. Then decided I wanted to have Gnome has an option. I installed "gnome-desktop" via software manager (as per some other instructions on the forum) but I still have no option to choose Gnome when logging in. What all do I choose to get the complete Gnome environment? Or is it better (& easier?) to reinstall with a DVD? -- vtpoet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can we assume you checked the Session option at the bottom right of the login screen and did not find Gnome as a sele...

Zenworks Patch Management rollout client with ZenWorks for Desktops
--____UTRQULEWGJIBLHNALBDY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 1 Mar 2007 04:25:03 -0800" Hello All: I need to roll-out Zenworks Patch Management with Zenworks for Desktops 7 = sp1. I am having trouble finding the procedure. Anyone? Brian Hatchell Network Manager Victor Valley Community College 760 245-4271 x2792 hatchellb@vvc.edu --____UTRQULEWGJIBLHNALBDY____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____LEREIKYEKABSPMNJIEPK____" ...

agent install hang When Install by using remote desktop
Hi All My Customer has some workstation,that were placed on branch office,occur some problem and he want to re-install. When he using remote desktop to login/install, ZCM Agent install service will hang on "novell-rm-md-core". he test some times and get the same result. But he call another admin install agent locally. agent install successfully. Who have the same experience about remote install by using remote desktop(mstsc) ?? thanks wyldkao -- wyldkao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wyldkao;2182712 Wrote:...

To migrate or not to migrate...
I am currently working on a project that is written in PHP...  Very poorly.  I have to do a complete re-write.  I can code in either language, so I am trying to determine if I should convert to .Net or not. Is one really any more scalable than the other?  Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the interpreted code? Is there a list of large, high-volume, commercial web sites (other than MS, of course) that run on .NET? Thanks. J  >Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the inte...

DNN3.0.12 Installation Bug
Finally tracked down image and script path errors by process of elimination (see end for final analysis)... Try as I might, upgrading either my existing DNN 2.1.2 or installing a fresh DNN 2.1.2 on a Win2K, then upgrading consistently broke the same way... bad image paths, bad login script path, etc. Finally decided to deploy on a Win2K3 instead of Win2K with partial to full success. First, attempted to migrate my existing DNN 2.1.2 site... - Copied the existing database (no one should ever attempt to migrate/upgrade their production site if they want to keep their sanity), used ...

Migration Installation
Hi all! I wish to extract a full system tar image over an installed minimal image but retain network and device settings. Having just done it, the destination server booted up and ran all the services ok, but I have overwritten some stuff which is messing up my network information (NIC, IP address, Hostname etc.) and some of my device stuff (like my CD drive which no longer appears in /dev). I'm going to have another go in the morning and wondered which folders I should exclude from my tar extract to carry these parts of the minimal system over? So far I am excluding ...

Zenworks installation
I have looked at the zenworks installation help and it doesnt help me install the zenworks. In the help file there is a server installation and on my cd there is only a workstation installation. Could someone please tell me how to install zenworks and give me a link on how to do it. Adrian adriand@techie.com wrote: > I have looked at the zenworks installation help and it doesnt help me > install the zenworks. In the help file there is a server installation > and on my cd there is only a workstation installation. Could someone > please tell me how to install zenwo...

Zenworks for Desktops
Is Zenworks for Desktops included with Novell 6.0 or is it an extra software purchase? I did not install Novell at my clients site and I am not sure they have it. thanks All versions of Zen on all Versions of NetWare is an Add on <cindyl@voicenet.com> wrote in message news:4zpTd.33$X6.10@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com... > Is Zenworks for Desktops included with Novell 6.0 or is it an extra > software purchase? I did not install Novell at my clients site and I am > not sure they have it. > > thanks > There was a free version available that shipp...

Web resources about - Zen4 Desktops migration - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

Christian Charities Combat Resistance to Muslim Migration
The Obama administration intends to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees, almost all Muslim, to the U.S. in FY 2016 unless Congress rejects funding. ...

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...