Zen iPrint Policy

We are currently using Zen 4.01 iPrint Policies to push iPrint/NDPS
printers down to our workstations.  This is working great using our
NW6.5 backend.

We added an OES2 Linux server running iPrint and I am trying to create
a Zen4.01 iPrint Policy to push printers down to workstations in a
certain dept.  Using ConsoleOne 3.6h, When I click the Add Printer
button in the Zen policy it does not see the printer objects that are
coming from the OES2 Linux install. ConsoleOne itself sees those
objects but the Zen policy does not.  I'm guessing they are missing an
NDPS attribute that Zen needs to read?

Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

--
cleik

cleik
3/21/2008 4:26:02 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SInce no one of the sysops are paying interest to your issue I thought I
might try a long shot.
We don't use OES2 Linux yet but isn't eDirectory 8.8 a requirement?
If, then I guess that could be the issue?

"Support for ZENworks on eDirectory 8.8"
http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10099492.html

"What Novell products are supported with Novell eDirectory 8.8 SP2?"
https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/107/3171434_f.SAL_Public.html

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf
3/25/2008 9:58:57 AM
Rolf Lidvall,
> SInce no one of the sysops are paying interest to your issue I thought I
> might try a long shot.

Now, now.. Rolf ;) We have all been to BS. Yes if that server has edir
8.8, then he will have problems syncing certain attributes. ZFD 4.x is not
supported on 8.8

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
3/25/2008 1:08:13 PM
> Now, now.. Rolf ;) We have all been to BS.

Ah, and the forums were not accessable from there? ;-)

> Yes if that server has edir
> 8.8, then he will have problems syncing certain attributes. ZFD 4.x is not
> supported on 8.8

Thought so.

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf
3/25/2008 1:20:57 PM
Rolf Lidvall,
> Ah, and the forums were not accessable from there? ;-)

Yes, they were, but you know that we were all busy attending sessions to
expand our knowledge and answering questions at the tables.

> > Yes if that server has edir
> > 8.8, then he will have problems syncing certain attributes. ZFD 4.x is not
> > supported on 8.8
>
> Thought so.

The offenders are the attributes named "App:Platform" etc. The ":" is not LDAP
compliant and hence the naming was changed in 6.5 and up.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
3/25/2008 1:39:40 PM
I think the problem has something to do with the new iPrint printers
that were created in the Linux OES2 environment not having an NDPS
attribute associated with them.  The Zen 4.01 policy looks for NDPS
printers = when I browse to the new iPrint printers it just doesn't see
them there.

Someone suggested I try the Zen 7 C1 snapins.

--
cleik

cleik

Iprint Printers not installed by zen policy
NW6.5sp2 cluster, Zen 4.01, 4.91sp1 client, Iprint 3.09/4.05 duplicate Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

iprint prints not installed by zen policy
The iprint printers are not being installed by the zen policy. I have tried everything and they will not download. they are fine if installed manually from web page, or using iprntcmd, but still won't come down automatically. we have nw6.5sp2 cluster, with iprint installed, zen 4.01, client 4.91sp1, and tried Iprint 3.09 and 4.05 and nothing seems to work. Any ideas, suggestions would be useful. Not sure if you are refering to a Zen USER or WORKSTATION policy, but I was having a similar problem. I had set up a Zen Workstation iPrint Policy to install the iPrint client...

iPrint ZEN policy not installing printers on some stations
--____ZURSPKNFVKBKOWEGXHXT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 22 Sep 2006 05:48:06 -0400" We have started the process in switching over from using the NT printer = policy to the iPrint printer policy. My NDPS system is running on a NW6 = sp5 box. The iManager system is set up on a Netware OES sp5 and this is = where I make all of the iPrint changes. The client running on the = stations is 4.20. I have a test environment set up and working fine. Everythi...

iPrint policy don't install iPrint client
Hi, I try to install the iPrint client with a ZfD user policy. But the client will not be installed... :o( I checked all settings and found no mistake... Has anyone a idea in this case? I use ZfD 7 and the iPrint client is the version 4.2x. Regards Andr� Andre Geissler wrote: > Hi, > > I try to install the iPrint client with a ZfD user policy. > But the client will not be installed... :o( > I checked all settings and found no mistake... What settings did you use? Timo Pietil� On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:10:18 GMT, Timo Pietil� <timo.pietila@helsinki.f...

zenworks iprint policy does not apply
Greetings, I'm trying to implement ZENworks and everything is working except the iPrint configuration. I've created the manager, broker, and printer objects. I've installed the iPrint client successfully with a ZENworks application object. I can manually install a printer and print to it, but iPrint policies do not work. The printer is simply not installed. There are no error messages, so I don't know where to begin troubleshooting. I also don't know how to tell if this is an iPrint or ZENworks problem, hence the crosspost. How do I enable logging for the ...

iPrint Policy not installing printers
We're using ZfD 4.0.1. Users can manually add printers via the website: http://server/ipp, but the iPrint policy that I've created doesn't push the printers down to them. The policy is associated with users. I did see a TID to change the AllowUserPrinters = 1 since our users are not local admins, but this didn't help the matter. Anything else I should be look at? Marc, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might t...

iPrint policy printers not installing
We are using the iPrint policy in the workstation package to install printers when users login to these workstations. We have noticed that sometimes the printer's are not installed when the user logs in. Previously, if we opened the printer object in iManager, selected the Drivers tab then set a different driver to be installed, Applied and Ok'd this, and then went back in and set it back to the correct driver the printer would install the next time the user logged in. However, we just had this issue pop up again and this approach didn't fix it. In this case t...

iPrint printers not installing with policy
We are using the iPrint policy in the workstation package to install printers when users login to these workstations. My results have shown that the policy does not work immediately after it's created; we have to wait several hours (we usually leave it overnight)for printers to be installed. We are using iPrint client 4.15. Does anyone know how to speed this up? Is this happening on XP/SP2 workstations? If so, you probably want to put the Microsoft patch KB893225 on the boxes. Also, Microsoft has made some changes in how quickly services load on the XP/SP2 platform. H...

iPrint 3.05 and ZENworks policys
Hi! Anyone succeeded getting the 3.05 client installed with a ZfD iPrint policy? This TID states it will NOT work: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10080443.htm This TID is a little bit more openminded, but the author seems to have been interupted in his writing and forgot to put in the solution... http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092584.htm Hakan, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved?...

iPrint policy's through zenworks
Sorry for the cross post, but I posted this in the Zenworks Policy newsgroup, but didnt' get a reply. I have a Zen7 workstation package with an iPrint policy on it. I applied it with the print driver defaults (which prints a banner page on every print job). I want to change that setting within the driver, so I made an iprint driver profile, and stuck it on that printer. It works fine when I add that printer to a fresh machine, but I need to get it to apply to machines that have already installed those printers through the zen policy. Will iPrint see the change in driver set...

iPrint client silent installation without Zen
Hi, I need to do a silent installation on the iPrint client (nipp.exe) so that the user just had to say yes/no on the client installation. I can make a answer file (.iss)with the setup.exe -r (nipp.exe exploded), but we don't have Zenworks or others third-party to help us deployed the setup.exe with the setup.iss... So the question is how can I setup everything to work with the nipp.exe ? Thanks... Fred --____LZCBDBPZCRLKVTKKKOEF____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey Fred, I actually wrote an ...

Zenworks iPrint policies & Windows XP
I'd like to use Zenworks 4.01 iprint policies to install iprint printers on our classromm workstations, but the interaction with Windows XP permissions seems to make this rather awkward. What I want is to install the printers using a workstation associated policy but not give the users local administrator permissions or allow them to add or delete printers themselves. As far as I can see, in order to install printers I have to either make the users administrators or allow User Printers. If I enable User Printers they can add or remove any printer. Is there any way t...

Multiple iPrint Policies not applying in Zen 7
Previously in zen 4.01 we had multiple iPrint policies applying to workstations through multiple group memberships. For example we had one main printer applied to a large group of machines and then another printer applied to smaller groups within that large group. Since the upgrade to Zen 7 only one iPrint policy seems to apply. The others seem to be ignored. Is this a bug or a feature? Thanks Mike Leembruggen Technical Support Officer Christian Outreach College Brisbane mike@brisbane.coc.edu.au Michael, It appears that in the past few days you have not receiv...

iPrint Printers delivered with ZEN policy but do not work
We are using iPrint client 4.3.8 connecting to iPrint OES2/SLES10sp2 Zen is version 7.0.1 I can manually add iPrint printers using the ipp web interface and all is good. However when I push the printers with a zen workstation policy the printers are installed but will not work. Trying to print to them locks the workstation. the ippErrs.txt file shows 10/22/2008 - 4:49:45 PM Module: spoolsv.exe Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 14760, thread 00000F8C Routine: IppInterpretUri - Bad URL (not HTTP, HTTPS, or IPP) - \\ipp://10.30.4.7\HS-MC156-CLR,DrvConvert Error: HTT...

Web resources about - Zen iPrint Policy - novell.zenworks.4x.install

App Store - Epson iPrint
Get Epson iPrint on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google Profile Business Cards from iPrint.com - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
So I got my Google Profile biz cards, but they don't work...

Novell Launches iPrint 1.1 Mobile Printing Platform
The platform simplifies IT work by enabling self-service printer provisioning to a solution that handles devices from desktop, to laptop, to ...

Epson iPrint - Photography software - Macworld
... You can even scan and save your file or send in an e-mail. Also supports online file services such as Box.net, Dropbox or Evernote®.Epson iPrint ...

Novell Filr and Novell iPrint are Samsung KNOX Approved
PROVO, Utah, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ Novell Filr and Novell iPrint are Samsung KNOX Approved. Novell becomes one of the first vendors to offer ...

There is now an official Novell iPrint app for Windows Phone 8
If your company happens to use Novell iPrint as their IT solution for mass printing, then get ready to go grab their app, now available for Windows ...

Redwood City Offices
CrunchBase is hiring! Check out our open positions → TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register ...

Hewlett-Packard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"HP" redirects here. For the unit of power, see horsepower . For other uses, see HP (disambiguation) . Hewlett-Packard Company or HP is an American ...

Accountants - Shopseek Website Directory (Page 9)
Search for accountants and accounting practitioners.

speedyink » Demo
No AirPrint? No problem! If you have HP iPrint Photo 3.0 and a compatible HP printer, you can still get enjoy wireless printing from your iDevice. ...