XP sp3 Novell Client 4.91sp4

Anyone know of any problems regarding installing Windows XP sp3 and
Novell 4.91sp4 stopping DLU from working. Downloaded the XP sp3 disk
from Microsoft, installed client 4.91sp4 and installed zenworks 401 ir7
agent. DLU stops working.

--
rreeve

rreeve
8/19/2008 11:46:02 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

rreeve,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
8/23/2008 10:16:25 PM
> Novell 4.91sp4 stopping DLU from working.

The only (remote) issue I've seen regarding that combo is this:
"Novell Client post-4.91 SP4 Login Files 5"
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=58NXa-CRpZw~

"16. Installing NSL 6.1 breaks ZENworks Desktop Management Dynamic Local
User (DLU) login. (Bug 308031)"

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf

Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11
I'm having a lot of troubles to connect an XP Pro workstation with a 4.11 Novell network. All the other workstations use W98, so it's my first experience with this. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows XP Proffesional SP1. The network cards (I installed a second one) are a D-Link DFE 538TX and a NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Family RTL8139 Realtek. The server runs Novell 4.11. I installed Netware Client 4.91 SP3 and it wouldn't log in (giving message "cannot acces the tree"). Changed protocol from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame typ...

Re: Re[4]: Installation of Bugzilla 3.4.1 on Window xp SP3
------------811A03B2EAC2B63 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Thanks Thorsten, I have successfully installed bugzilla on my localsystem in windows xp, but when i configurated parameter, again when i try to re-login now iam unable to login. Please suggest me what steps i have to do in cofiguration of parameter, and how can i able to login now. Regards, Ramesh kongara 2009/11/3 Thorsten Sch=F6ning <tschoening@am-soft.de> > Guten Tag K Ramesh, > am Dienstag, 3. November 2009 um 08:19 schrieben Sie: >...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Client 4.83 vs Client 4.91 with Zenworks
My question is kind of long but I will try to shorten it and have it make sense. Ok, here it goes.... I have 3 servers running Netware 6.0 sp4 and 1 running NW 6.5 sp2. 2 of the 4 servers have Zenworks for Desktops 4.0.1 on them patched. My question is why is it that the servers with the older Zenworks 3.2 patched can only use the clients for 98se as 3.32 and xp/2000 4.83 And the two with Zenworks 4.0.1 the XP/2000 systems can use the 4.90 clients and the Win98Se clients can use the 3.40 clients? If I try to use the newer clients on the older servers I cannot access my ap...

Client install 4.91 SP1 with XP
Hello, Is NMAS, NICI (or I think netidentity) required for a Novell product, ZEN for instance. Is is just a plus or is it going to "break" something if I don't install it. Thank you. Eric. Eric, > Is NMAS, NICI (or I think netidentity) required for a Novell product, ZEN > for instance. Is is just a plus or is it going to "break" something if I > don't install it. NMAS is required for BorderManager VPN and Universal password. NICI is needed for some stuff as well. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop ...

Client 4.9sp1a conflict with zenworks 4x
I've seen this on many workstations, and it just happened on a factory imaged Dell Inspiron. Client 4.9sp1a has been loaded and running well for weeks. Then Zen for Desktops 4.1 was installed. Suddenly, no Novell client loads at boot up. You can force a log in after booting into Windows. Anyone seen this and a solution? Thanks. cthieme@oprfhs.org, > Then�Zen�for�Desktops�4.1�was�installed.��Suddenly,�no�Novell > client loads at boot up.��You�can�force�a�log�in�after�booting�into > Windows.��Anyone�seen�this�and�a�solution? > Yes I am seeing this issue ...

Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1
I am having a problem getting any novell client on an XP Pro machine mapping drives. I have tried every client from 4.83 sp1 through the current beta. I have tried re-installing the clients with every install option, but it will not map any drives for ANY client. Untill 5-28-2004 I have never had this problem with any other computer on location. This is happening to any new (new or reloaded with a fresh copy of xp). Other 25 computers on site work fine, acconts log in on other computers ok, but any new copmuter I try to log in will not map drives. Is there something real...

Installing 6.0.4 client via Zenworks
Tha automatic client auto-update feature worked well in our lab, but it did not work in our real system :-( So I thought I could fix it quickly by installing the Groupwise 6.0.4 client via Zenworks (Zen 3.2). Not a snapshot, but a normal installation which runs 'setup.exe' from the server's software distribution directory. 'setup.cfg' and 'setup.ini' have been modified accordingly to our needs. This does not work in our environment. We can see the Novell Groupwise 6 splash screen and a smaller window that says that install prepares a wizard with Installshield ...

Client stop working after Windows XP SP3 install
Anyone have problems with the Novell Client stop working after installing Windows XP SP3? The client version I am using is Novell Client 4.91 SP4 for Windows. I had to reinstall the Novell client in order to obtain network connectivity. On another machine I installed Windows XP SP3 and after the Novell client stopped working I did an uninstall of XP SP3 to no avail. The Novell client still didn't work and required a re-install. -- davethomp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davethomp wrote: > Anyone have problems with the Nov...

XP reboots (loops) after 4.9 client install
Installed the latest Novell client (downloaded 6/01/04)and after installation, XP goes into a reboot loop. XP installed from CD and added the latest service packs and updates. Was able to resolve after reboot into safe mode, a long wait, and uninstalling it, then reinstalling it. Happened again to another tech, took 2 uninstall/reinstalls to allow a login. Anybody seen this before? This is invisible on Novells website Strange it happened on 2 PC's recently. The only thing common is the pc model, those small, black Compaq 510's, I think. I thought I would have heard more a...

Zenworks 4 client install via TID 10085696
I think I need some help with this. I have tried typring the command as described in TID # 10085696 and am unable to get this to work. My script is as follows: runas /user:administrator "msiexec.exe /i \\aln001\sys\public\support \zenworks\zfdagent.msi" | c:\sanur.exe password I have tried calling this command via a batch file and directly from the login script and it does not run. Anyone been able to make it work? If so, please help me out with the script. Thank you much. Chris Murzda > runas /user:administrator "msiexec.exe /i \\aln001\sys\publi...

Client 4.91 install error and XP SP2
I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following error when the install should finish. An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing: Novell client for windows. I haven't found any documentation on this. Any ideas woule be helpful. Thanks, Eric Kaufmann kaufmann@slu.edu wrote: > I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following > error when the install should finish. > > An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing: > Novell client for windows. > > I haven't found any documen...

Can Not Install GW 5.5.4 Client on XP
I had the GW 5.5.5.2 EP Client installed and then after installing office 2000 and Outlook, Groupwise quit working, I was getting a message regarding the attachment control interface not matching. I checked on the novell support site and their solution was not applicable. I cleaned GW and upon reinistalling I get the following message. ... GroupWise 5 Setup: _INS5576._MP ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND ... "The procedure entry point svTcpLoad could not be located in the dynamic link library gwenv1.dll" I Click OK ... Then I get a message LOAD LIBRARY FAILED C:\novell\gr...

E-biz Impact 5.4 Client install on XP
After loading e-biz 5.4 on an XP client, the time booting the laptop increased dramatically, and the Windows taskbar disappeared. I also encountered the following errors in these MicroSoft apps: MS Access: A Problem occurred when MS Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control. MS Word: Document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document. MS Excel: Cannot use object linking and embedding. This user's laptop had SQL Server Enterprise Manager loaded on the PC. Could there be a problem there? ...

Windows XP SP2 & 4.83 SP3 Client
I know its early. I know its a beta product, but want to see if anyone has started their early testing yet. Installed Win XP SP2 RC2 on a couple of machines today and since the install of SP2, I can no longer browse servers via UNC path. Noticed it right away with the errors in the login script and applications that did not distribute because of this. If I go to the run menu and do something like: \\server_name\vol1 it simply tells me I do not have permissions. Doesn't work to browse through the Network Neighborhood either. Tried both of the beta patches that exist fo...

Web resources about - XP sp3 Novell Client 4.91sp4 - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

NOVELL Worldwide
Novell is a leading provider of infrastructure software. Our vision is helping people and technology to work as one. Our mission is to help customers ...

Novell - CrunchBase Profile
Novell engages in the development and integration of mixed information technology environments worldwide. The company operates in four segments: ...

DOJ closes investigation of Apple acquisition of Nortel and Novell patents on FRAND commitments
... of Justice clearing Google’s acquisition of Motorola , the DOJ also closed its investigations into Apple’s acquisition of certain Novell patents, ...

Novell Antitrust Suit Against Microsoft Sputters to a Close
Eight years after it was first filed, Novell’s antitrust suit against Microsoft finally appears to be nearing its end. A federal judge on Monday ...

Justice Department approves Apple patent purchases from Nortel, Novell
... including a collection of Nortel's intellectual property to be acquired by Apple, Microsoft, Research in Motion and others and Novell patents ...

Antitrust ruling says Microsoft didn't kill WordPerfect—Novell did
Katrine Thielke After all these years, Microsoft and Novell are still fighting over what went wrong for WordPerfect in the months after the ...

Novell In Talks With VMware On SuSE Linux Unit, WSJ Says
Novell (NOVL) is in &#8220;advanced talks&#8221; to sell its SuSE :Linux business to VMware (VMW), the Wall Street Journal reports. The WSJ also ...

Will Novell-Microsoft ruling make developers digital serfs to platform lords?
... marked another win for Microsoft while under the watchful eyes of Judge J. Frederick Motz, who dismissed the antitrust lawsuit brought by Novell. ...

Microsoft wins court round vs. Novell
Microsoft Corp. won a legal victory Monday against Novell Inc. in an antitrust fight. The Salt Lake City Deseret News reports a federal appeals ...