Server Migration - ZenWorks Lost

I did a hardware migration - but lost the ZenWorks piece in the
transition.

We had been running NW6.5SP4 with Zenworks 4 and are now running NW6.5
SP6.

Is there a way to easily install/restore this feature.  Basically we
used the application deployment and user profiles.

TIA.

--
nicolen

nicolen
8/5/2008 3:56:03 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just Reinstall ZENworks.
99% of ZENworks is just eDirectory Objects which should still be there.

The only real data outside of eDirectory would have been Inventory.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"nicolen" <nicolen@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> I did a hardware migration - but lost the ZenWorks piece in the
> transition.
>
> We had been running NW6.5SP4 with Zenworks 4 and are now running NW6.5
> SP6.
>
> Is there a way to easily install/restore this feature.  Basically we
> used the application deployment and user profiles.
>
> TIA.
>

> --
> nicolen

Craig
8/5/2008 5:06:12 PM
Nicolen,
> We had been running NW6.5SP4 with Zenworks 4 and are now running NW6.5
> SP6.
>
> Is there a way to easily install/restore this feature.  Basically we
> used the application deployment and user profiles.

You must reinstall the files. But note that ZFD is completely
unsupported on 6.5. It should work though, with the exception of the
middle-tier server.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
8/5/2008 5:11:40 PM
We had been using the middle tier server (although it was the same
server that all the ZW stuff runs on).

I can't seem to find a proper download that will install the middle
server - so am I better off just upgrading to ZFD7??

Right now we have lost a lot of functionality on our student machines
(based on user profiles).  Am I better to recreate things in the newer
version of ZFD?

--
nicolen

nicolen
8/6/2008 12:06:02 PM
Nicolen,
> We had been using the middle tier server (although it was the same
> server that all the ZW stuff runs on).
>
> I can't seem to find a proper download that will install the middle
> server - so am I better off just upgrading to ZFD7??

Yes, that will give you a supported configuration.

> Right now we have lost a lot of functionality on our student machines
> (based on user profiles).  Am I better to recreate things in the newer
> version of ZFD?

They shuld work as is, but you might find that some things work better
on Xp if you use GPOs instead.