NAL launch causing system reboot

I have rebuilt a PC software installation and after installation of
ZENworks 4 I found that the PC reboots after Novell Client login.  I
can briefly see the Windows Desktop but the system reboot appears to
happen just as the NAL Window launches.

Here are some details:

Computer:  Micron ClientPro 365
OS: XP SP2
Novell Client: v. 4.91 SP4
ZEWorks 4 with NAL: v. 4.0.1.53
Remote Management/Mirror Driver and Workstation Imaging not installed

--
dcbuell

dcbuell
3/28/2008 4:36:02 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dcbuell,
> I have rebuilt a PC software installation and after installation of
> ZENworks 4 I found that the PC reboots after Novell Client login.  I
> can briefly see the Windows Desktop but the system reboot appears to
> happen just as the NAL Window launches.

Any force-run apps?

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

  Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0
Anders
3/28/2008 9:20:55 PM
I'm not aware of any force-run apps.  All I have installed for the
rebuild so far is XP SP2, OEM drivers, Novell Client and ZfD.

--
dcbuell

dcbuell

NAL launch reboots system
I have rebuilt a PC software installation and after installation of ZENworks 4 I found that the PC reboots after Novell Client login. I can briefly see the Windows Desktop but the system reboot appears to happen just as the NAL Window launches. Here are some details: Computer: Micron ClientPro 365 OS: XP SP2 Novell Client: v. 4.91 SP4 ZEWorks 4 with NAL: v. 4.0.1.53 Remote Management/Mirror Driver and Workstation Imaging not installed -- dcbuell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Most Likely you have something being ForceRun by...

Google Earth Causes System to Reboot
I am using Google Earth on 64 bit 11.2 with the ATI Radeon driver. Starting up Google Earth causes my system to immediately crash and reboot. This happens when the GE splash screen comes up. After searching these forums, I found the libcrypto fix and the libopenssl fix. After following this advice, my system waits to reboot until just as the GE splash disappears and the GE window start to come up. This is a hard, immediate, system crash followed immediately by a reboot. This has happened with GE 4.3 and with 5.1. 4.3 used to run fine on this computer, and just recently started wit...

System reboot fails during 11.3 installation
Hello all. I am trying to update my OS from Opensuse 11.2 to 11.3 using the installation DVD (checked OK). Everything is OK during the installation process until the message "System is going to reboot" is displayed with a countdown : when the countdown is finished, the screen becomes black and the screensaver starts, but the system does not reboot. When I reboot manually, after selecting "Opensuse 11.3 desktop" on the first menu, the screen becomes black and the screensaver starts. So the installation seems incomplete and I do not know how to finalize it. When I ...

Installing SDK causes XP Pro to reboot
This is is driving me crazy. I'm running XP Pro Sp1 (and every update I can find) with IIS 5.1 and .NET 1.1 installed. When I try to install the SDK it gets to the part right after where the installation folder is specified. In the install progress window it says "Gathering information" and then everything goes black and XP reboots. I'm assuming there is a major error happening but I can't tell what it is. I've tried reinstalling the framework and then the SDK but same problem-reboot. I've been looking around but haven't found anyone having the same problem so ANY help is greatl...

Launching NAL from login script to install ZFDAgent
Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to automatically install the ZFD4 management agent to a large number of computers whose users do not have local administrator rights. So far the only helpful suggestion I have found is the last one in this Cool Solutions article: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/zenworks/features/trenches/tr_win2k_rights_zw.html So far, this is all well and good. But I don't have the ZEN agent installed on these machines, which means NAL doesn't get run, which means I can't run the application. I've tried launching NALWIN32.EXE of...

491psp5_nwfs_4.zip causes slow ZenWorks NAL
We are running the Novell Client 4.91 with SP 5 and for some test machines the latest patches. After installing the 491psp5_nwfs_4.zip patch we noticed that the ZENworks NAL is connecting to a eDir server over the WAN instead of connecting to the local eDir server which contains replicas of all our partitions. After performing a roll-back of the 491psp5_nwfs_4.zip patches this issue was solved. Within the description of the patch it says: New Fixes: 1. IP address costing of 1 does not connect to correct host address. (Bug 484684) However we are using IP address costing of 2, th...

Suse 11.4 Installer Causes Reboot
I am in possession of a new HP HPE-570f PC which I bought this morning. This has AMD Phenon 1090T and AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card. The OEM Windows 7 works fine. When I try to install Suse 11.4 using same DVD that works on my other (older) machine, I see the Suse Installation screen from which I select "installation", then comes the "Loading Linux Kernel" progress bar. As soon as the progress bar gets to the end, the computer reboots! Then of course I end up back at the Installation screen since the DVD is still in the drive. Can anyone suggest a solution...

Error Loading Operating System on first reboot after install
Installed 11.4 on a machine with two SATA drives which had previously been running Windows 2003. I deleted the Windows partitions and created a new partition scheme: Swap, root and one additional partition on the first disk, one large partition on the second disk. Install runs fine but upon reboot I get "Error loading operating system". Booting off a Windows floppy and running FDisk shows that the root partition is marked as active. Any suggestions? Thanks. David -- RHSA ------------------------------------------------------------------------ It's all...

NAL Refresh always launches a windows installer and goes away
I just did a mass uninstall of an application, but now on evey machine when NAL is refreshed the windows installer box appears and sayings removing... and then goes away. I think something is stuck and making this generate each time it is refreshed. Is there anything I can look at? The application is no longer associated with the users and everything else is installed corretly. Any ideas? zthiel@acuity.com > > I just did a mass uninstall of an application, but now on evey > machine when NAL is refreshed the windows installer box appears and > sayings removi...

Fresh Install NW 6.5 Reboots launching server.exe
Hi, I just installed NW65sp6 and that went flawlessly. After the install had told me to remove any disks the computer rebooted and then now every time it executes C:nwserverserver.exe it just reboots. The hardware is pretty basic its is: Asus A7N8X-x c/w AMD 2500 1 GB RAM Adaptec dual channel 29160 controller Seagate Cheetah 10KRM 32 GB Dlink DGE-530T Nic Asus 40x CDR Generic ATI video card (1024x768 works fine on install) Floppy drive Real head scratcher, I've seen Netware do some odd stuff, but only once it was loaded. Thanks! Jim Do you have a c...

NSBS - Netware 6.5
I have a new Novell Small Business Suite server that we are setting up. The install completed successfully, and we were prompted to reboot the server. After the reboot as the box was coming up, I noticed that it changed directories to C:\NWSERVER and then ran the server.exe executable. This caused the system to reboot. I have tried commenting out the lines in the autoexec file that automatically run the sever.exe command, and run it by hand, but this also produces a reboot. There are no error messages, and being new to Novell (linux only shop) we don't really know if/where t...

After fresh install of openSUSE Linux , when I reboot system starts to shut down, then appears to hh
You have just installed openSUSE linux, when you shutdown the system from the desktop menu, the machine turns off as expected. When you try to reboot using the same menu, the system starts to shutdown, then appears to hang. -- hchavira ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

launching outlook causes GW to launch
Machine(s) are running XP and Office 2003. GW client is 6.5 sp6. GW used for internal e-mail only. Outlook for I-new e-mail. After install of GW, GW runs fine. After setting up outlook for pop mail and launching, gw login screen appears. Clicking ok causes outlook/ Microsoft do display error and ask if you want to start Outlook in safe mode. Safe mode fails and MS calls for a re-install of outlook. MS help says to GW caused the problem (of course) and to use GW Client SP4. Temp solution has been to back office down to Office 2000. No problems. P, It appears that in the past ...

Installing GW 6.5.6 client via included ZenWorks AOTs causes problems.
Installing the Windows NT/2000XP GroupWise Client 6.5.6 via ZfD 4 agent using the included AOT files works, but the viewer does not run, complaining about missing viewer DLL's (but which are present as usual in C:\Novell\GroupWise). All the AOT's I tested (with and without Windows Messenging Install, or different lanaguages) do this. The viewer also is what formats for printing, so printing fails with the same error. The 6.5.4 Client was fine. A manual install using SETUP.EXE works. Running a manual setup after the flawed Zen install fixes the problem. Are the included ...

Web resources about - NAL launch causing system reboot - novell.zenworks.4x.install

WARNING: Bug Causing Some Facebook Users To Rejoin Groups They Have Left
Facebook is currently dealing with a bug involving its groups , which has resulted in some users being resubscribed to groups they previously ...

Lower Body Pain Relief Stretches - Stretch the tight muscles causing your pain. on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Lower Body Pain Relief Stretches - Stretch the tight muscles causing your pain. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

YouTube - Record Breaking Deadly Winter Storms Hit Hard Causing Fatalities
Veröffentlicht am 07.12.2013 Freezing rain and stinging winds slammed the Southwest Friday and made a strangely blank landscape out of normally ...

Duo fined for causing accident that ripped off Dubai labourer's arm
A Pakistani labourer and his safety supervisor were convicted of mistakenly causing a permanent disability to a co-worker.

Nightmare Fuel of the Day: Woman Finds Erection-Causing Spiders in Bag of Bananas
Warning: This story might ruin your breakfast… forever. A man in Wales recently picked up some bananas at a Tesco supermarket which turned out ...

Benjamin Netanyahu's $30,000 takeout bill is causing a scandal
After three terms and nine years with him as their prime minister, Israelis know a lot about Benjamin Netanyahu and his first lady, Sara. Now ...

Sydney smoke causing asthma and health issues: video
The elderly, children and people with lung and heart disease should stay indoors while smog blankets Sydney, says the Director of the NSW Environmental ...

Major software bugs plague Foxtel's Netflix rival iQ3, causing customer outrage
Several software bugs have plagued the launch of Foxtel's $150 iQ3 video recording device, causing a great deal of frustration for the pay TV ...

Sydney downpour dumped 30mm of rain, causing flashflooding and a number of traffic accidents
SNOW has been falling in the Blue Mountains as Sydney has battled flash flooding and the traffic accidents that too regularly come with a proper ...