Moving my ZEN 4.01 server to an existing NW6.5 box?

Hi,

I have a ZEN server, from way back in time, that has been a work horse,
churing away, providing desktop remote control, inventory, and workstation
policies, for years.
It is a very old bit of hardware, running NW6.

I want to simply get rid of this ancient hardware, and want to know what I
can do to retain ZEN? I am not sure if I even have any media for ZEN? Is it
even still available?

I want to move all the ZEN components off this server, remove it from Edir,
and bring it up on an existing NW6.5 SP8 server (another box, obviously
different name!)

What are my options?
Thanks, Alan

0
Alan
6/30/2010 1:17:11 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Alan,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
7/6/2010 8:17:11 PM
Alan Thompson,
> I want to simply get rid of this ancient hardware, and want to know what I
> can do to retain ZEN? I am not sure if I even have any media for ZEN? Is it
> even still available?
>
> I want to move all the ZEN components off this server, remove it from Edir,
> and bring it up on an existing NW6.5 SP8 server (another box, obviously
> different name!)

I have seen reports from people running ZEN4 on 6.5, but it will naturally not
be supported, officially.

- Anders Gustafsson  (Sysop)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders

NW6 to NW6.5 with ZEN 4.01
We are a Netware 6 shop running ZFD 4.01. We are planning on upgrading our first server to 65 this weekend. The server is the CA and also holds the master root replica. I have read some TIDS that say there are problems with 65 and ZFD 4.01. What steps do I need to take to make sure this upgrade (accross the wire) goes smoothly? I don't care so much about the zen database as it can be recreated and repopulated (It contains old workstation data we can't get rid of). I did download the NW65sp1 overlay stuff, is this recommended to use? Is ConsoleOne ok to use the the s...

install zen middle-tier server on nw6.5 cant select server
im trying to install zen middle-tier server on a nw65sp2 server, but cannot select/add the server from the left side to right to install it. i read the installation guide which says i must have netstorage installed.i have installed netstorage and have apache running. nothing seems to help. another tip was to restart my pc , which i have also done! please help. nothing on novell when you do a search on it. im really desperate. thanks werner --____WQUSSLDBZFNGAYTNCMQO____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Novell tells in TID1...

Zen 4 install on NW6.5
I'm trying to install Zen4 desktop on NW6.5 should I also install Sybase? nw6.5 has mysql installed already, Zen4 thinks that my nw6.5 server is 5.x server... David=====, mysql is not yet supported (no stored procedures) - don't forget http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/zen6_nw65.exe/ -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp Thanks, that support file looks like for upgrading nw6 server with zen to nw6.5 I'm installing zen fresh on nw6.5 then I will assume that it will work?(middle-tier won't w...

Has anyone installed 5.4.5 by overlaying the 5.4.2 install?
We're trying to decide if we can upgrade to 5.4.5 "in place", as we did with the beta. Or if we need to install in a new directory. Has anyone tried the "upgrade in place" option? Any other 5.4.5 upgrade hints? We run UNIX/Solaris 9 on a Sun box. thanks, Kathy Back up (zip) you existing installs and install in place both server and client Good luck Hugo <Kathy Kemper> wrote in message news:43839c3e.5545.1681692777@sybase.com... > We're trying to decide if we can upgrade to 5.4.5 "in > place", as we did with the bet...

ZenWorks For Desktops 4.01 on Nw6.5
Just getting a server hang with "Cache memory allocator out of available memory" error message. This happened after upgrading from Nw6.03 to Nw6.5sp2 with eDir8.7.3.3. So I am just wondering could it be that ZFD4.01 does not run well on Nw6.5 ? We have applied zfd401_ir5, but still get the same problem. We never had this problem before the upgrade On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:06:17 GMT, grpadm@yahoo.com wrote: > We never had this problem before the upgrade so you only get that error when zfd is running? this error normaly points to a problem with memory on the ne...

Install another Nw6.5 server on existing Tree
Hi When I install another Nw6.5 server on an existing tree which products I should select to create a minimum install (I need just a file server) ? Do I need NLDAP.NLM to load on every server ? And PKI.NLM ? Another Nw6.5 server already have Imanager installed . thanks Select a custom server, uncheck everything and you'll be ok. Cheers, Edward <smfv@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:vjA2f.6032$GG4.4249@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Hi > > When I install another Nw6.5 server on an existing tree which products I > should select to create a...

ZEN 4.01 agent with 6.5 on the server?
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 000174F686256F47_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Are there any issues with running the ZEN 4.0.1_IR4 agent on XP workstation with ZEN 6.5 on the server side? I've been having such a frustrating time with the 6.5 agent, I'm tempted to try the 401 agent instead. Any thoughts? What do I lose or gain by doing this? Thanks --=_alternative 000174F686256F47_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Are there any iss...

New install of Zenworks 4.01 on wrong servers
I installed Zenworks 4.01 for the first time yesterday. Being new to it, I wasn't sure which servers to install the different components on. In hindsight, I think I should have just installed it all to one server. Can I just go into nwconfig and remove Zenworks from the 2 servers that I don't want it on, remove it from the server I do want it on and then reinstall it all to just the server I want to install it on? I'm trying to keep it a simple install on one server with no middle tier installed. Thanks, Kathy 6/26/2003, Kathy wrote: > I installe...

Zenworks 4.01 install with Zen 3.2 simultaneously?
I have read the docs and I think the following should be okay, please comment. I have Nw6+SP2 servers and Nw6+SP1 servers. I am not able to update all servers to SP2 yet but would like to update Zenworks 3.2 to 4.01. Since I have 3.2 running fine as is everywhere I do not use the database component just workstation reg, NAL apps and policies. The Workstation REGistration java component is already on a SP2 server. Can I install Zen 4.01 desktop support on all servers, I think I would only be updating files in sys:\public\* except for the server doing the registration of worksta...

Moving ZEN 4.01 ir6 to new server and OS version
We currently have an older server running at one of our remote locations with NetWare 5.1 sp7 and Zen 4.01 ir6. We will be planning on using the Novell Migration tool to move this server to new hardware and to Netware 6.5 sp5 OS. After I migrate to the new server, will I need to reinstall Zen? or can I just copy the Zen stuff from the old server to the new? Thanks LifeFitness, > We currently have an older server running at one of our remote locations > with NetWare 5.1 sp7 and Zen 4.01 ir6. We will be planning on using the > Novell Migration tool to move this...

zenwork 4.01 on nw 5.1 moving to nw 6.6
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a nw 5.1 server running sp6 with zenwork 4.01 on it with the = following agents(imaging, workstation import and remove,and the other = primary server components installed, no inventory). I am going to move = the server using the migration wizzard to nw 6.5 sp1. How should I move = zenworks to the new server. Are there folder I can move or should I just = install it again? Thanks Grant --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related;...

Problem: Can't install ZfD 4.01 on a netware 6.5 server
Hello, I have installed a new netware 6.5 Server. Everything works fine. Then I tried to install Zenworks for Desktop 4.01 on this Server. I have shutdown the java Services on the netware-server and installed the Schema-Extensions. This worked fine too. Now I try to install the servercomponent of Zenworks. At the point, where I have to select the Servers, I can only see the my authenticated tree. But I can not expand it and select the Netware Server, where I would like to install Zenworks. Now I am not able to install Zenworks. I have searched in the knowledgebase - but do...

Zen 4 or Zen 4.01
Hi all What are the differences between Zen 4 and 4.01 ? We're currently running Zen 4 + Sp1B -- should we be running this or Zen 4.01 ?? We're currently using App Mgmt / WS Import but would like to start playing with and using Zen Imaging as well. Regards Dave Dave says... > We're currently running Zen 4 + Sp1B -- should we be running this or Zen > 4.01 ?? > It's the same, you get some more other software for free in 4.0.1 -- Marcus Breiden There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those wh...

Installing 2nd NW6 server into existing NW6 tree
Any gotchas when installing 2nd server into existing nw6 tree? TIA, DanO Umm, make sure it is a different name from the first server? And of the tree? Get the IP setup right first time, changing it is a pain. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) OneNet is better than nothing.NET Opinions expressed in the above text are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. not really. Matching patch and especially DS levels will yield a happier tree. -- Timoth...

Web resources about - Moving my ZEN 4.01 server to an existing NW6.5 box? - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Pre-existing condition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J. James Rohack, president of the American Medical Association , has stated on a Fox News Sunday interview that exclusions, based upon these ...

STUDY: Facebook More Effective In Driving Viewers To New Shows Than Existing Ones
... television and Facebook and other social networks, finding that social media are more effective at driving viewership of new shows than existing ...

A New Way To Re-Engage Your Existing Mobile App Users
Today we are introducing a new way to re-engage your mobile app users with Facebook ads. You can now advertise to people who have taken specific ...

Facebook expands IPO with additional 83.8M shares from existing stockholders
... according to an eighth amendment to its S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Most of these shares are being sold by existing ...

How do you grow your brand through existing clients?
Anna Farmery and I are doing a podcast this week on how to leverage happy clients to grow your brand. We&#39;d love to include your advice in ...

Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store on iTunes
Get Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” Albert Einstein ...
Pretty dreary here today, but this stop sign caught my attention. Bright, vivid colors can draw attention and add "pop" to a photo. Make a photo ...

SIMple plan: More consumers taking existing mobile phones to new plans to 'enjoy freedom'
More Australians are holding on to their existing mobile phones when signing up to post-paid plans, saying they enjoy the &quot;freedom and flexibility&quot; ...

US existing home sales fall in August
... as investors retreated from real estate and first-time buyers remained scarce. The National Association of Realtors says sales of existing ...

Costco's Australian expansion hits existing stores
Costco Wholesale is pressing ahead with its Australian expansion plans even though new stores are starting to cannibalise its existing ones. ...