Middle Tier - ISAPI Filter Not Authorised

We are experiencing a strange issue with two of our Middle Tier Servers,
these are new built but both have the same issue.  When clients
authenticate across the servers the Middle Tier authentication fails at
the server end with a IIS error.

HTTP Error 401.4: Unauthorized: Auhtorization failed by filter

This occurs when the client reboots and authentication takes place,
Middle Tier then fails.

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated.

--
waless

waless
3/19/2008 12:56:02 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

waless,

correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Middle Tier Server install- OK but all I see is "XZEN running in the middle tier"
Netware 6 sp4 ZEN 4.01(upgraded from 3.2sp2) ir4 installed Middle tier server installed on the same machine workstation Windows 2000 ZFD from IR4 release installed(default install, no choices to make) All I see when I use the web browser is "XZEN running in the middle tier" Same thing when I add myapps.html to the end of the url I must have something set up wrong...(duh) Since I've never done this before, I'm not sure what I should be seeing on a client workstation. This is in a test lab and the server and the workstations are all on the same se...

ZenWorks Middle tier
What is the replacement for the previous Zenworks Middle tier, or how can it be applied to ZCM. We have many laptops, so most users carry them home and we wanted to take control of them too when they are out of office. Grpadmin, ZCM doesn't need or use the client, so the primary servers always act like mid tier servers -- Shaun Pond ...

Middle Tier Install
I can not select any of my 6.5 servers from my tree to install as a middle tier 4.x server. I can select 5.x servers in the tree, however. Any suggestions? The arrow never highlights so I can move the 6.5 boxes into the "selected" column. Any other version of NetWare works fine. Landmesser, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://sup...

C++ as the middle Tier vs C# as the middle tier?
Hello, In my new company they have all the middle tier which also talks to the database written in C++ and the front end pages in C#.The product developed by this company is for a large number of audience.Is there any performance difference in developing the middle tier  between C++ and C#? http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms379617(VS.80).aspx hope this helps The real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes the article is interesting, so i guess basically it means that visual C++ can be more effective in certain cases then ...

Middle-Tier install concern
Hello, I went through the ZfD4 document for running it in an all MS environment. It was a good document to use for getting my feet wet in ZfD4. I would like to know if there would be any concerns if I were to install MT on our Novell box. Let me give you some background: -1 Dell PowerEdge PIII server with 1GB Ram, 60GB (non sys partition) w/Raid 5 -We peak at 130 users simultaneously with utilization only peaking at 3-5%. Users only use Novell for file access. No heavy database usage, no NDPS printing (yet) -There's room to grow for supporting more users...

ASP.NET with COM+ Middle Tier
Hi people,Just wanted to see if anyone else had done caching on the Middle Tier using a COM+ component before. I've seen a few articles where people use the HttpRuntime to use the webcaching rather than standard .net caching.Anyone got any views / pointers? Thanks, Stephen ...

How do I install an app through middle tier?
Could someone please post how to use zfd 4.0.1 with a middle tier to distribute an app outside firewall using middle tier? I have a mid tier setup and can authenticate. If I am on the inside of my network I can use cifs to get to the setup.exe on a samba share, but not outside. I believe I should be doing something with force caching to get it to the workstation, but not sure what I need to be filling in on other tabs. matt... Matt, what you need to do is to ensure that you copy the files locally and then launch locally - so, if your app launches setup.exe, you will need ...

Middle Tier install in DMZ
I have installed Middle Tier on a NW6 server located in a DMZ tree. All Zen backend services are on a NW6.5 box in the internal tree. Apache is configured on the DMZ server, however when XZEN attempts to load, it fails to initialize. Any input? Any error messages you have to share ? :) Did you open up the ports from the DMZ Zen Servert o the backend server ? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10089388.htm -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forum Sysop If your computer says: Printer out of Paper, this problem cannot be resolved by continuously clic...

Middle Tier install #2
I have zen 4.01 with ir6 loaded on a netware 6 server. I understand that if I wanted to rid my company of the netware client I would have to install the middle tier server. So my first question is what do I have to do to install the middle tier server? Do I have to start with the original 4.01 install and then load ir6 for middle tier? Or can I just install it from the ir6 install? My second question is what are the downfalls of switching from the netware client to the zen client? Will I lose any functionality by switching to the zen client? Thanks in advanced. sj On Wed,...

Middle tier installation problems
I wonder if anyone has come across this before. Problem with ZfD4.0.1 Middle Tier on W2K server: W2K Server SP3, Novell Client 4.83SP2, NICI 2.4.2, IIS, IP stack, SNMP, IE6SP1, ConsoleOne 1.3.4, eDirectory 8.7.0.4 all installed successfully and server integrated into existing NDS tree. ZfD 4.0.1 (all services) installed and all components functioning correctly. Installed Middle Tier onto the same server. After installation, tested Middle Tier from a workstation by successfully browsing to http://Middle_Tier_IP_address/onenet/xtier-stats and http://Middle_Tier_IP_ad...

Middle Tier Server installation
Dear Sirs, I've installed ZFD4.0.1 in a pure Windows 2k environment. There are two Active Directory server plus a third Win2k + sp4 + eDirectory + DirXML + ZFD4.0.1. I install Middle Tier Server on that server specifing a user context. After restarting the server, I can login to middle tier server from http://<middle-tier-server>/oneNet/NSAdmin and from a workstation with only zfd Agent, specifing only user name without context. If I try to login with a user outside that container or below I need to specify all the context path. If I add context from the web I be...

MSI install through middle tier
Now that I am able to read myapps.html (with the help of Shaun) through the middle tier, I am trying to install Office 2000 with a msi. It runs fine with a machine with the client installed not going through the middle tier but when the machine just has the agent (dated 9-19-03) it does not work. I have recreated the application object using UNC path using server name and with IP address of the server. Keep getting error MSI returned error code 1612. Only TID from Novell is to use agent dated after 7-03 but that did not fix the problem. Microsoft has MSI error code 1612 as a problem acces...

ZFD4 middle tier install ?
I have a NW6SP4 2 node cluster. I am attempting to install zenworks on one of the server nodes, but I am NOT doing the cluster install. Once I install the middle tier and reboot the server, I cannot connect to http://{srv DNS Name}/oneNet/zen. I killed java before I began the install and clear text passwords are allowed on my LDAP. Any suggestions would be most appreciated by the great folks who read and help users on these forums. Brian I always start here with mid tier issues see this guide to troubleshooting Middle Tier authentication http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...

ZfD Middle Tier Server Installation
Hi! Our tree is based on NSBS 6.5 sp1 servers. Is any possible to install \ use the 'ZfD Middle Tier Server Installation' on NW 6.5? TIA Nanu Nanu, no, this is not possible - you would need ZEN 6.5, this is in SBS6.6 -- Shaun Pond ...

Blue Screen after Middle Tier install
I successfully installed eDir 873 and current patches on Windows 2000 with latest patches. Then I installed ZENworks 4.0.1, rebooted and installed Middle Tier. After the reboot I get a blue screen with kmode_exceptionNotHanded .ndnsnt.sys. A memory dump and another reboot follow this. I upgraded the ndnsnt.sys from the latest Zen patch and can get the Windows 2000 server to come up but can't authenticate to edirectory on any box. This has a read/write replica that I am unable to remove. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Novell without any luck. I can't find any information ...

Web resources about - Middle Tier - ISAPI Filter Not Authorised - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Authorised capital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The authorised capital of a company (sometimes referred to as the authorised share capital , registered capital or nominal capital , particularly ...

'I would have authorised Iraq war too': presidential hopeful Jeb Bush toes the family line
Presumed Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush has said that he would have authorised the 2003 US invasion of Iraq, though he acknowledged ...

Jeb Bush: I would have authorised Iraq invasion
... of 2003, potential presidential candidate says. Washington: Potential Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he would have authorised ...

UXC Connect recognised as Cisco Identity Services Engine Authorised ...
UXC Connect recognised as Cisco Identity Services Engine Authorised ... CFO World UXC Connect recognised as Cisco Identity Services Engine ...

Bridge Point Recognised as Cisco TelePresence Video Express Authorised ...
Bridge Point Recognised as Cisco TelePresence Video Express Authorised ... PRWire Since commencing in 2000, Bridge Point has built a reputation ...

Public servant authorised himself to give documents to Burke
Public servant authorised himself to give documents to Burke

US begins air strikes in Iraq after Obama authorised military intervention
The US re-enters Iraq and launches airstrikes to relieve a siege on tens of thousands of civilians trapped on a barren mountain and halt the ...

Metro seeks to lift numbers of female authorised officers on the rail network
Metro wants to improve the gender balance among authorised officers and better reflect its customer base, and society in general.

Resourcery Emerges Cisco's First TelePresence Authorised Partner
Resourcery Emerges Cisco's First TelePresence Authorised Partner AllAfrica.com Resourcery, a Systems Integrator with operations in West Africa ...