manage default user profile for all users

We're are halfway through a rollout of all new machines (W2K SP3).  I
just
discovered that you can change the default user profile to a custom
one by
copying over the default user profile in W2k.  This could save me tons
of
time, as it takes care of all the nitpicky stuff (IE6, Office 2k,
media
player, etc) that one has to setup for each user.  Unfortunately,
we've
already ghosted our machines with the standard default user profile
(and
I'm not planning on going back and reloading a custom profile on each

machine).  My question is this.  Is it possible using zfd 4 and w2k to

specify a default user profile managed from a central place?  My goal
is
to be able to use DLU to log in as a user on a new machine and have
everything already setup from the get go.  So far, I haven't been able
find anyone who's successfully done this, although I found some other

people who are trying to do the same thing.  Thanks in advance.

Chad

0
cbrogan
8/5/2003 3:59:53 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Cbrogan,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Manage Users
Hello, I would like to manage all available users with their custom profile datas, eg. firstname. I can get the profile datas of the logged-in user (VB code: txtBoxFirstName.Text = Profile.FirstName) but how can I list all the not-logged-in users with their usual datas (eg. e-mail address) and their profile datas? Thank you in advance   Because of performance issues I don't recommend you to use the Profile if you need to list all users’ properties on a single page. But if you only have a few users, then it's fine ;) To get the profile for all users you can for examp...

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

Create a class library to manage users Profile (to be used on user admin page)
Hi All... I am very perplexed.I have a working set of code that was deployed via the App_Code directory. I am now trying to convert this code into a class library for reuse purposes. The issue is that in the class library, I cannot find a way to reference the ProfileCommon object.A short piece of the former code looks like this:Dim prof As ProfileCommon prof = ProfileBase.Create(Username, True) prof.DefaultCustCode = DefCustCode prof.CompanyName = CompName prof.Name = Name prof.Save   The problem is, this no longer works:  I get an error "profilecommon is not define...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

DLU, "user management", user login and user source
I see I can disable the ZCM user login as discussed in the following documentation: 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bebfrq5.html) If I choose to disable the "user management" on the Agent, does that do the same thing? With User Management disabled, what else does that prevent? I am not assigning ANY bundles or policies to users - only to workstations. I do have a dynamic local user (dlu) policy assigned to workstations so I must have "User Source&quo...

User Management not dispalying users
When attempting to do an advanced search for users under User Management in the iFolder Management web interface, I am unable to find any users to configure. The context has been set in the Global Settings. The server is running NW 6.5 SP5. LDAP looks like it is configured correctly and I have it setup to use ports 389 and 636 (went with defaults during the install). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search working? Chris Chris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has ...

User Wordlist in User-Profile
high i saw in the TID10080800 that it is possible to point the User Word-List in example to a network drive like H:\\WT61US.UWL. how can i point it to the Userprofile like C:\Document and Setting\%USER%\\WT61US.UWL so it is copied to the server everytime the user logs out, but it is local for the notebook user's ? i dont now how to set it in the registry, that it point to the User-Profile. thanks Sascha Sascha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

Managing users
Hi! Can someone tell me, I don´t get this with authorized and unauthorized users. When I´m registering users manualy, I mark the checkbox for them as authorized users, but when I click on the linkbutton "Unauthorized" in the users list, all of the authorized users show up as if they were unauthorized, but the userlist gives the value "True" under the Authorized column. Have i missed something? Hi Pehu, No, you haven't missed anything. With the current design of the code this will happen until the user logs in for the first time as a ne...

User and User Profile Storage
How would you handle these situations? 1st Situation Storing user and user's profile information in the database. I have two ideas to handle this. #1) Store all the users information in one table #2) Store only the information needed to login the user in the user table, and have a userProfile table to store the rest of the user's profile information. Why? #1) Easy to build queries for, but will cause more overhead when the user is simply logging in. However, it will cause a lower overhead when looking up a user's profile information, as there will be no need to do table jo...

E-mailing Create User & Profile info AND changing Create User Wizard defaults
Hi, I'm in the final countdown on my site, built with VWD 2005 X Ed and can't seem to find a consistent response to a couple of questions.  Maybe someone out there can help?  I am very, very new at .NET 2.0 and SQL Server, so any detailed/example responses would be very appreciated.E-MAILING CUSTOMIZED CREATE USER WIZARD DATA There are dozens of complex tips here and elsewhere on how to customize the create user wizard then send the information to the Profile section or into a custom database.  While I don't exactly understand any of these posts yet, I'...

Active Directory & SQL list of users with managers and managers with users
I have been tasked with some authentication/access items and know there is an easy way to do this within AD but don't know where to start.  What I have set up is a OU called Test Users within an OU called Sales within our main domain.  Within the OU=Test Users there are several security groups having as many as 100 or as little as one person in them.  The goup names are Manager, Regional Mgr, Sales Reps.  A Sales Rep can have a Regional Mgr and a Regional Mgr has a Manager.  There are some cases where a Sales Rep does not have a Regional Mgr and then is associate...

Web resources about - manage default user profile for all users - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Credit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sovereign credit default swap prices of selected European countries (2010-2011). The left axis is basis points, or 100ths of a percent; a level ...

INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
INFOGRAPHIC: The History Of Facebook's Default Privacy Settings

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Tab applications for musicians look to innovate after Facebook removes default landing function
... landing tabs. Most page applications have experienced significant drops in daily and monthly active users now that Facebook removed the default ...

Google AdWords Regional Targeting (Default for US) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

[3DS] Bravely Default: AR (English Subs) - YouTube
Turn on Annotations For Subs -May redo them as real CC subtitles- ★EDIT☆ ☆上から撮影した映像はこちら ★The top view video is here http://www.youtube.com/w ...

Default password leaves tens of thousands of Optus cable subscribers at risk
When Alex* found flaw in his cable modem that allowed anyone to receive and make calls using his number, his jaw dropped.

Mortgage default risk rising
Moody's says housing affordability has 'deteriorated significantly', increasing default risk.