Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601)

Ever since rolling out IR5 (Agent/Server) we have started receiving the
following error " Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601) " on
random on workstations during the force-running of AO's.

Some applications are associated to user objects, some to workstation
objects and in some cases to containers (Switching the association appears
to make no difference).  Once a user receives the error they can launch the
AO from within MyApps.html without issue.  What could be causing this?

Windows 2000 SP3/SP4
Novell Client 4.83 SP2
ZENAgent 4.0.1.53

Bryan
novell.zenworks.4x.app-launch 2789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Spamming the forum with the same post again and again isn't gonna help
anyone buddy ;-)

Anyone with input/comment please use the original thread:

http://www.ndsengineers.com/showthread.php?t=138470

--
p0rnflake
0
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:35:32 GMT, p0rnflake wrote:

> Anyone with input/comment please use the original thread:
>
> http://www.ndsengineers.com/showthread.php?t=138470

which doesn't really make sense as this thread is hosted on the novell
forums server... please don't link to off-novell servers for threads..
--

Marcus Breiden

Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
6/3/2005 2:12:31 PM
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:46:37 GMT, B.Miller@Pactiv.com wrote:

> Ever since rolling out IR5 (Agent/Server) we have started receiving the
> following error " Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601) " on
> random on workstations during the force-running of AO's

hmm try ir6 and you should probably also look at badname cache of the
client..
--

Marcus Breiden

Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
6/3/2005 2:14:46 PM
we turned "enable write to cache" to OFF on the app launcher config
settings - this seems to be helping (we saw in traces, etc that the push
was having problems when writing to nalcache - since we aren't using
cache for anything really, we turned it off)
0
theresa
6/3/2005 6:54:27 PM
> we turned "enable write to cache" to OFF on the app launcher config
> settings - this seems to be helping (we saw in traces, etc that the push
> was having problems when writing to nalcache - since we aren't using
> cache for anything really, we turned it off)

Turning "enable write to cache" off really isn't a solution is it?  NAL
uses NALCache ALOT!!!  I'd need a better solution then that, like what is
the root cause of the issue?

Bryan

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:47:13 GMT, B.Miller@Pactiv.com wrote:

> Turning "enable write to cache" off really isn't a solution is it?  NAL
> uses NALCache ALOT!!!  I'd need a better solution then that, like what is
> the root cause of the issue?

so are you using sp1b and if you still have the issue tried to disable the
bad name cache in the client32?

Also IIRC you need client 4.9 sp1a for ZDM 6.5
--

Marcus Breiden

Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
6/6/2005 2:59:11 PM
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:47:13 GMT, B.Miller@Pactiv.com wrote:
>
> > Turning "enable write to cache" off really isn't a solution is it?  NAL
> > uses NALCache ALOT!!!  I'd need a better solution then that, like what is
> > the root cause of the issue?
>
> so are you using sp1b and if you still have the issue tried to disable the
> bad name cache in the client32?
>
> Also IIRC you need client 4.9 sp1a for ZDM 6.5
Marcus,

We are using ZfD 4.01SP1b (IR5).  We haven't disabled the "bad name cache"
as of yet.  What is ZDM 6.5?  We're working on this from another angle with
Jared.  He believe that a key strength (56bit as opposed to 168bit) is the
cause of this issue.

Thank you,

Bryan

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:37:55 GMT, B.Miller@Pactiv.com wrote:

> We are using ZfD 4.01SP1b (IR5).  We haven't disabled the "bad name cache"
> as of yet.  What is ZDM 6.5?  We're working on this from another angle with
> Jared.  He believe that a key strength (56bit as opposed to 168bit) is the
> cause of this issue.

aarggh... though you where running 6.5... forget it... let's Jared keep the
thread ..
--

Marcus Breiden

Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
6/14/2005 6:32:24 AM
Marcus,

> et's Jared keep the
> thread ..

Oh boy, now it is my head on the block. <G>

--
Jared
Novell Support Forums SysOp

Using XanaNews 1.16.5.2 as a News Reader

Novell eDirectory Services 1.6 Billion users worldwide
81% 0f Fortune 500 use Novell's eDirectory
Novell Desktop Management 40 Million users worldwide
0
Jared
6/14/2005 8:53:46 AM
Bryan,

did you see my reply about the commands?

--
Jared
Novell Support Forums SysOp
Systems Analyst with Data Technique, INC.

Using XanaNews 1.16.5.2 as a News Reader

Novell eDirectory Services 1.6 Billion users worldwide
81% 0f Fortune 500 use Novell's eDirectory
Novell Desktop Management 40 Million users worldwide
0
Jared
6/14/2005 8:54:10 AM
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:53:46 GMT, Jared wrote:

> Oh boy, now it is my head on the block. <G>

yepp... better that way.. don't have enough connectivity at the moment..