Error: Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601)

Hi,

We're on ZFD4.01 IR6 on NW6.5 with client 4.9 SP1a, mostly NT SP4 machines.
We're getting (intermittently but persistently) the "Unable to get
attributes for application (ID=-601)" error when users click on nals - a
second attempt then runs the nal fine. But it's driving the users nuts.

I was avidly reading the "Unable to get attributes for application
(ID=-601)" thread from 01/06/2005 above, but it just peters out, with the
guy with the problem sending NAL debug output to Jared. To start with it was
suggested that this was an SDI problem....

Is there a fix for this issue?

Thanks,

Steve Law

0
SLaw
10/26/2006 10:52:28 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.app-launch 2789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SLaw,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
10/31/2006 9:37:31 AM
Sorry for no responses.
I do not even have any NT machines with which to test.

Try disabling any AV software as a test.

Try a network capture and look to see if there are "retransmissions".
These would indicate network issues.
Ethereal is one free sniffer.
(Wireshark is now the latest version of Ethereal.)

--
Craig Wilson
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Get error 2 failed to cache with second error Unable to get attributes [application] id=-603 in application chain
Application (chain) working find, but i got these error a the end. Error "Failed to cache application <dn of app>. Error code was 2" AND Unable to get attributes for application object [/<file name>] (ID=-603) begin 666 spacer.gif M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```/___P```"'_"T%$3T)%.DE2,2XP`M[M`"'Y 6! $```(`+ `````!``$```("5 $`.P`` ` end JFK, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your pr...

Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601)
Ever since rolling out IR5 (Agent/Server) we have started receiving the following error " Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601) " on random on workstations during the force-running of AO's. Some applications are associated to user objects, some to workstation objects and in some cases to containers (Switching the association appears to make no difference). Once a user receives the error they can launch the AO from within MyApps.html without issue. What could be causing this? Windows 2000 SP3/SP4 Novell Client 4.83 SP2 ZENAgent 4.0.1.53 Bryan Spa...

Unable to get attributes for application. id=-601
Hi all, I am working on a new Windows XP image and I consistantly get this message when I click on icons in the application explorer for the first time. Application Launcher Status Unable to get attributes for application object [objectname]{id=-601) I click OK and then double click again and it will install properly. Any ideas what might be going on there? Windows XP SP1, Netware client 4.90 SP2 update D. Novell Application Launcher version 4.0.1.53 (from IR5 I think...) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Arend ...

Unable to get attributes for application (id=601)
I'm getting error Id 601 Unable to get attributes for application at random on workstations with Zen Agent 4.0.1.53 and NW client 4.90sp2 and 4.91 . The applications are associated to the user objects and in some cases to containers - and what really throws me is that simple launching the application again ususally works ?!?! Any ideas as to how I can fix this ? -- p0rnflake > I'm getting error Id 601 Unable to get attributes for application at > random on workstations with Zen Agent 4.0.1.53 and NW client 4.90sp2 > and 4.91 . > > The applicati...

Unable to get attributes for application object [appname here](id=601)
I am getting the following error on all of my apps in zen after I am logged in for awhile or if I close the app and then try to reopen it: "Unable to get attributes for application object [appname here](id=601)" I have tried clearing the NAL cache and refreshing but my NAL window then remains empty and I have to logout and log back in. My version of NAL is 4.0.1.53. Bill, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you mi...

Unable to get attributes for App Object
I am having a problem with an NAL object that was created. I can run this object with no problems when logging in on the local lan, however, when logging in via a Citrix Connection (Terminal Server), I get the error: unable to get attributes for application object [.XXXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXX] (id=309). There are multiple NAL object available in the NAL window during my terminal server connection that run with no problems. I can't seem to find any solution to correct this problem. Have any of you experienced the same type of problem? I have even recreated another object ...

Web App unable to get same data that a sibling WinForm App gets
 Working in VS08/3.5 on project based very closely off EntLib's DataAccess QuickStart.The sln has 3 projects -   1. VB Class Library (CMS) to provide db access to the other UI projects   2. Winform (WinFormUI) - references CMS to show output to conventional WinForm (bascially I just broke the QuickStart's Winform to a seperate project and then referenced CMS)   3. WebServices app to provide SOAP output of the same db WinForm works correctly so at least I've gotten that far.The WebService app is calling the correct function in CommonData breakpoi...

Error Message
In Novell ConsoleOne, I'm attempting to give a user rights to another user's folder. It gives the following error message: "Unable to get the attributes of the object Unable to get the details for the selected object. Some pages may not be available" This happens when I try to give the owner of the folder rights as well. It also happens when trying to access the folder properties in ConsoleOne. Any information would be greatful. Thanks -- merr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ merr wrote: > &g...

Unable to get Attributes of the Object error on Cluster Volume
Within C1 1.3.6 if I select properties of one of my Groupwise 6.5 cluster Volume objects I get the error:- Unable to get Attributes of the Object. Unable to get details... Hence within C1 I can't see any directories beneath this object. However if I browse via windows explorer I can see the directories fine and we are not experiencing any groupwise problems so this is a little strange. I can get the properties no problem for my other 5 Cluster volume objects and can see the directories within them from C1. Running Netware 6.5 patched to SP2. DSREPAIR reports 0 errors...

DBus error : Unable to get transaction id from packagekit.
What the heck do I do now? 2 times I've re-installed suse 11.2 and this is what I get every time it tries the first update. I just had a perfectly fine working version of 11.2 that was installed using the network install just 3 days ago but I messed up and couldn't access mySql. Today I blew it away thinking I'd just start over and now it doesn't work. I installed it exactly the same as 2 days ago, whats changed? How do I fix this? I can't access the software repository settings in yast, nothing happens when I try to start it. -- k2zs -----------------...

Keep getting Launch Failure (ID 3) errors
I am trying to run an Office patch EXE file with the /Q switch so that it will run silent. Whenever my package launches I keep getting a Launch Failure message in my log file with an (ID 3) error. I found TID #10014516 and checked all of the settings which appear to be correct. The XP workstation has been properly imported and the workstation has R/F rights to the EXE. Also, I have tried running it normally, secure and unsecure all with the same results saying it cannot find the specifed path. "Launch Failure","11","10/14/2004 1:08:45 PM",(Use...

DBus error : Unable to get transaction id from packagekit.
Weird error on 11.1 x86_64 - I get it when I try to do autoupdate from the tray updater. I tried searching the forums for this error but didn't find. I tried rpm --rebuilddb as su, but that didn't fix. I start YaST and chose Software / Online Update and get: *Accessing the Package Management Failed* - the system management is locked by the application with pid 29603 (/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base). I tried killing the updater tray applet, but to no avail... TYAN2-Linux:/home/patti # ps -al F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN TTY TIME CMD 0 S 1000 8...

DBus error : Unable to get transaction id from packagekit. #2
Hello, After an udate I get this error message: DBus error : Unable to get transaction id from packagekit. This error also shows when I click the yellow triangle. When I start the manual update this shows: Er is een fout opgetreden bij de initialisatie van de installatiebron. 'repo-oss': [|] Failed to cache repo (129). History: - 'repo2solv.sh' '-o' '/var/cache/zypp/solv/repo-oss/solv' '/var/cache/zypp/raw/repo-oss' Can't exec 'repo2solv.sh' (Bestand of map bestaat niet). It seems some shell is not there anymore. W...

After setting a new epoch getting unable to find object error 601
My server is still beeping. after running dsrepair -a and setting a New epoch dsrepair claims it was successful, but the synthetic time message still won't go away. My server still beeps every 15 minutes help! Thanks again, Bill Bill Perrotta wrote: >My server is still beeping. after running dsrepair -a and setting a New >epoch dsrepair claims it was successful, but the synthetic time message >still won't go away. My server still beeps every 15 minutes help! My guess is you did not fix the source of your issue but only the symptoms. Did you ...

Web resources about - Error: Unable to get attributes for application (id=-601) - novell.zenworks.4x.app-launch

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...