"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2

Hello,

I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which
during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I
tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and
start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in
the past.

However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start
the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to
use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get
system error 1312 "A specified logon session does not exist. It may have
already been terminated". There seems to be no solution from microsoft
since this is probably working as designed.

In another similar situation I copied the complete setup directory to a
novell drive, but in this case the setup procedure needs to write
information into a database located on the windows server. I might be able
to set up the application via snapshot and create the user accounts using
a distribution script. But I would need the consent of the windows
administrators since I need the passwords for those user accounts, and I
am not sure that they are cooperative in this respect. Furthermore I get
the feeling that this program is going to present a number of other
problems and surprises which probably will make the snapshot method very
tricky.

Is there any solution or workaround for this problem?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0
anna
6/18/2007 1:17:23 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.app-launch 2789 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote

replace the "." with a ","

"To" and "From" missing

What systems using "\r\n" and what systems using "\n" etc ?
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is that any module can help to detect what is the right new line = declaration for the=20 current system ? Somwhat if the system is detected be Windows, the = newline declaration is "\n", for *nix, is "\r\n" , for Mac and etc. Thanks in advise ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010-- In article <002e01c353a9$54133830$3210a8c0@ORG>, LI NGOK LAM wrote: > ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010 &...

What is the use of "Get" and "Set" and how it works?
I'm trying to figure out one part of the code which I found for paging. After looking at them and search other articles about this, I still couldn't understand how this "Get" and "Set" works. Can someone provide me a simple explaination how it works and why we need it? Thanks.1 Public Property CurrentPage() As Integer 2 Get 3 Dim o As Object = ViewState("_CurrentPage") 4 5 If o Is Nothing Then 6 Return 0 7 Else 8 Return o 9 End ...

Web resources about - "Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2 - novell.zenworks.4x.app-launch