zcm 10 generates errors during install.

I have installed Suse 10SP3 with OES2.  This has gome very well.  But
then I installed ZCM10

I created a BCI_ZOME and selected "embedded sybase_anywere".

I had to make these port changes
ZENworks server: 180
Zenworks server(Secure)1443
Zenworks Tomcat AJPconnector 18009

and
Certificate Athority: Internal.

This is the error log that is returned.

Thanks

ERROR	12/02/2010 14:16:30	There appears to be a severe problem with one
or more of the ZENworks components.
ERROR	12/02/2010 14:16:30	An error occurred when attempting to check
the system status.
INFO	12/02/2010 14:09:01	RollbackCustomPanel Hyperlink
file:///var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/ZENworks_Install_02_Dec_2010_13.31.55.log.xml
ERROR	12/02/2010
14:07:31	/etc/opt/novell/zenworks/security/passphrase.txt (No such file
or directory)
ERROR	12/02/2010
14:07:31	/etc/opt/novell/zenworks/security/passphrase.txt (No such file
or directory)
INFO	12/02/2010 14:07:25	CreateInventoryInstallsConfigureAction
complete!
ERROR	12/02/2010 14:07:25	Failed to create package.
INFO	12/02/2010
14:07:25	/opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/conf/.keystore
ERROR	12/02/2010 14:06:37	sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl
ERROR	12/02/2010 14:06:37	sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl
INFO	12/02/2010 14:06:37	ZENworks services successfully installed and
configured
INFO	12/02/2010 14:06:37	Changing the Tomcat AJP connector ports and
server ports to 18009 and 8005
ERROR	12/02/2010
14:06:36	/etc/opt/novell/zenworks/security/passphrase.txt (No such file
or directory)
ERROR	12/02/2010 14:06:36	sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl
INFO	12/02/2010 14:06:03	ZENworks Database successfully configure
0
dmiller
12/2/2010 9:06:04 PM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dmiller,

Usually when you see these errors something earlier in the install failed.
Do you mind posting the whole log?

--
Jared Jennings
Senior Systems Architect, Data Technique, Inc.

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
Twitter@ jaredljennings
0
Jared
12/3/2010 10:17:28 PM
Sorry I did not get with you sooner.
I no longer had a log.  I contacted my Sales Rep and he found me some
help.
They suggested that I install an older version and then do the upgrade
to the current versions.
or install a windows 2003 server and that should work.  Well I tried
the latter and everything seemed to work
until after intalling zcm 10 without any reported errors it askes to
reboot the computer.  It did and I login but cant get to desktop
and nome of the serveses start.  any Ideas?

Thanks
Dave

--
dmiller
dmiller's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=10134

0
dmiller
12/6/2010 9:06:06 PM
dmiller,

>  It did and I login but cant get to desktop
>and nome of the serveses start.  any Ideas?

Check for loader-messages.log in Program
Files\Novell\Zenworks\logs\loader-messages.log

Also Windows Event Viewer. maybe you just need to change what user the
service starts as.

--
Jared Jennings
Senior Systems Architect, Data Technique, Inc.
http://www.datatechnique.com

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
Twitter@ jaredljennings
0
Jared
12/8/2010 5:22:32 AM
dmiller,

>  It did and I login but cant get to desktop
>and nome of the serveses start.  any Ideas?

Oh something else, having the server part of a domain while installing ZCM
can cause a lot of problems. If the server is a member of a domain I would
either drop all Group POlicies or better yet leave the domain until the
install is finished.

--
Jared Jennings
Senior Systems Architect, Data Technique, Inc.
http://www.datatechnique.com

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
Twitter@ jaredljennings
0
Jared

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

Error during install of ZCM 10.3
Installing to a Win2008 box with an MS SQL 2005 server already setup. Install completes, but with error. From the log file: ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ConnectionException: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCreator.createZone(ZoneCreator.java:143) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.doWork(ZoneCreator.java:188) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator....

Bundles from 10.0.3 install after a new 10.1.2 install
I have installed 10.1.2 on some new client machines and after the install I am noticing bundles from 10.0.3 are installing from somewhere. I don't make any 10.0.3 bundles so I am guessing it is some type of auto update that did not get shut off. Anyone have a idea where I can kill this off? Windows 2003SP2 server w/ ZCM 10.1.2 Thanks, Jim Koerner Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might tr...

SQL 2005 Install and ZCM 10.3 new install.
I have a Windows 2003 server with SQL 2005 Standard installed. I am running ZCM 10.3 setup.exe -c and I can't seem to contect to my existing database install. I installed SQL 2005 with a named instance. There is no other instances on the SQL 2005 install. I have tried both windows and sql authentication and both are a no go. What am I doing wrong? I have tried running the setup.exe -c on my SQL server and on a new install of Windows 2003 and neither work. I am virtualizing the SQL server, is this impossible? I can't even find error logs. Any help will be appreciated. -- ...

Properly Un-installing ZCM 10 from SLES 10 Sp2
I was wondering if someone can provide the proper method for un-installing ZCM 10.2 from a SLES 10 SP2 server? We have tried to follow the documentation on the Novell site, but even though we go through the steps, and ZCM reports that it has been uniinstalled. When we try to install ZCM 10 again onto the same box it fails. ZCM server won't start. We ended up reinstall SLES 10 SP2 and setting it up again but we would like to know if a proper method exists so as to be able to use this in a production environment. Thank you. -- dschaldedfg ------------------------------------...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

ZCM 10.2 server install errors
I tried to look up this issue and could not find antyhing but if there is a thread that's on point please let me know. The server is running SLES 10 SP2 with OES 2 SP1 and was originally running ZCM 10.0.3. I uninstalled 10.0.3 using the mono command using zenworksuninstall.exe put in the documentation which supposedly got rid of the install. Then I tried to install ZCM 10.2 and I am getting in the log the following errors - the rest were listed as "info" on the severity scale. - There was one or more serious problems during the creation of ZENworks services ...

Error installing ZCM 10.2.0
After the installation of ZCM 10.2.0 I get the following very useful error from the log: ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ConnectionException: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCreator.createZone(ZoneCreator.java:136) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.doWork(ZoneCreator.java:188) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.ZoneCreator.main(ZoneCreator.java:529) Ca...

Error received when Installing PB 10.5 eval
Hello, I haven't used PowerBuilder since 1998 (version 6), but a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the software. Before purchasing 10.5 Desktop, I downloaded the PB 10.5 Eval copy to give it a "test drive". Unfortunately, when attempting to install it, (by clicking Setup.exe) I received the following error: --------------------------- PowerBuilder - InstallShield Wizard Setup has detected that this installation was NOT launched by the Sybase Common Installer. Please use the Common Installer to install PowerBuilder 10.5. Setup will now termina...

Fresh install ZCM 10.3 and still errors
Okay i thought i would give zcm 10.3 a second chance, so i graped a server and installed a fresh windows server 2008 on it. so far so good. i promoted a domain on that server and called it test. Then i took a windows xp and installed that on a new computer and joined it to a domain so i new it was working. After that i installed ZCM 10.3 on the windows server 2008 evry thing seems too install ok . So far so good. Then i installed the Agent on the XP computer and that to installed fine untill i rebooted the XP and then i couldnt get pass the novell agent login.. "...

error trying to install zcm 10.1.2a
I tried to install the update 10.1.2a on my ZCM server runing 10.1.1. The update fails saying: "One or more pre-requisite updates failed to install to this device. Ensure all pre-requisite updates have been applied successfully and try again." Where to I look to see whats wrong. thanx steve -- steveawaw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ steveawaw, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your proble...

Fresh ZCM 10.2 install error licensing
Fresh install of ZCM 10.2 on Windows 2003 R2 up-to-date. I installed all with defaults (evaluation). At the end of the installation the logs says there are errors. It looks like licensing but I can't see where the problem exactly shoot be. ../ INFO 02/09/2009 10:01:06 ZENworks Agent successfully configured ERROR 02/09/2009 10:01:06 ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: Product Activation failed at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCre...

10.3.0a installed but ZCM Version 10.2.2 displayed on device
Hello all, I upgraded our Suse 11 ZCM server from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a and according to ZCC installation was successful. The version.txt also confirms this, yet the server device still displays 10.2.2. This is still the case after a reboot. Is there a fix or should I not be concerned? Thanks, Matt -- mrivenbark ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mrivenbark, >Hello all, I upgraded our Suse 11 ZCM server from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a and >according to ZCC installation was successful. The version.txt also >confirms this, yet the ...

ZCM 10 install
Will I need to uninstall all of the Zenworks 7 products before I begin the ZCM 10 installation and setup? Would I be able to get tech support on installing and configuring the ZCM 10 if we have purchased maintenance contracts? Tom, Normally you would install ZCM onto a new server, and you can then run ZEN 7 and ZCM in parallel until you have moved all your workstations across. Support options are shown here http://support.novell.com/support_options.html both paid-for and free (like the forums!) -- Shaun Pond ...

Web resources about - zcm 10 generates errors during install. - novell.zenworks.10.install

Facebook Testing ‘Select Ad Variations To Generate’ Option In Power Editor?
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature in Power Editor that allows users to more easily test different versions of their ads. continued… ...

Study: Facebook Page Post Ads generate 14% higher ROI for retail sector than Marketplace ads
Page Post Ads in the Facebook News Feed generate 14 percent higher return on investment for companies in the retail sector compared to Marketplace ...

In the Germany iPhone app market, how many downloads/day does one need to generate to become a Top 10 ...
Answer (1 of 3): It highly depends on the country of course. For Germany it takes on a typical day 4k downloads to hit the Top Overall 50 free ...

App Store - iRobohash - Generate unique Robot for you
Get iRobohash - Generate unique Robot for you on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Google Webmaster Tools - Generate robots.txt - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Generate Electricity with Peltier Module - The Seebeck Effect - YouTube
How to generate electricity with a Peltier module and the Seebeck effect along with info about the difference between a thermoelectric cooler ...

Andy Murray's moan over grunting just generates a groan
While Rafael Nadal was repositioning himself among the game's big four last week, Andy Murray was groaning about his opponents grunting to a ...

Inferno expected to generate abnormal, high-altitude cloud
A bizarre weather phenomenon known as a fire cloud is likely to form over the fire raging between Lithgow and Bilpin if weather conditions deteriorate ...

Westfield deal generates $69.5m in banker fees
J.P. Morgan, Rothschild, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS and Morgan Stanley are among a host of investment banks to receive millions in fees.

The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly
The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly