General support for ZCM10

In TID 7008244, it states "General Support for ZCM 10 finishes 29
February 2012", but on 'Novell Support | Support Lifecycle'
(http://support.novell.com/lifecycle/) it states 30 Sep 2012.

Which one is correct?

--
heinkonijn

heinkonijn
2/22/2012 10:36:01 PM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Heinkonijn,

if you check the TID, you'll see it's been updated... (because I just
went and updated it ;)) I knew they were going to extend the date, but
they didn't tell me that they'd changed the lifecycle page...

--

Shaun Pond

0
Shaun
2/23/2012 10:00:48 AM
Shaun,

If I have ZCM 10.3.3, can I upgrade to ZCM 11.x directly ?

If yes, how ?

Thanks.

"Shaun Pond"  a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
VA.0000fa15.0077b424@no-mx.forums.novell.com...

Heinkonijn,

if you check the TID, you'll see it's been updated... (because I just
went and updated it ;)) I knew they were going to extend the date, but
they didn't tell me that they'd changed the lifecycle page...

--

Shaun Pond

0
Normand
2/23/2012 3:40:02 PM
Normand,

not to 11.0, but you can update to 11.1 http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_upgrade/data/be9cw6l.html

--

Shaun Pond

0
Shaun
2/24/2012 10:12:00 AM
Shaun,

I downloaded the ZENworks11SP1a.iso file.

Instead of burning it on a DVD, can I just extract it in a TEMP location and
do the Setup from there ?  Does the installation look for a DVD or it don't
matters ?

VA.0000fa19.04c5a28e@no-mx.forums.novell.com...

Normand,

not to 11.0, but you can update to 11.1
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_upgrade/data/be9cw6l.html

--

Shaun Pond

0
Normand
2/24/2012 1:24:32 PM
I would burn a DVD or mount the ISO.
I've definitely seen issues directly related to extractions.

On 2/24/2012 8:24 AM, Normand wrote:
> Shaun,
>
> I downloaded the ZENworks11SP1a.iso file.
>
> Instead of burning it on a DVD, can I just extract it in a TEMP location
> and do the Setup from there ? Does the installation look for a DVD or it
> don't matters ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Shaun Pond" a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
> VA.0000fa19.04c5a28e@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Normand,
>
> not to 11.0, but you can update to 11.1
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_upgrade/data/be9cw6l.html

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0
craig
2/24/2012 1:36:33 PM
Thanks Craig.

"craig wilson"  a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
BnM1r.3039$V43.1388@kovat.provo.novell.com...

I would burn a DVD or mount the ISO.
I've definitely seen issues directly related to extractions.

On 2/24/2012 8:24 AM, Normand wrote:
> Shaun,
>
> I downloaded the ZENworks11SP1a.iso file.
>
> Instead of burning it on a DVD, can I just extract it in a TEMP location
> and do the Setup from there ? Does the installation look for a DVD or it
> don't matters ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Shaun Pond" a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
> VA.0000fa19.04c5a28e@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Normand,
>
> not to 11.0, but you can update to 11.1
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_upgrade/data/be9cw6l.html

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

0
Normand

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

Downgrade Zenworks 10.3.3 to Zenworks 10.3.2
Hi all..i got a request from customer to do downgrade Zenwork Agent from 10.3.3 to 10.3.2.. In before, we are using 10.3.2 and then, after download 10.3.3, the mark item in "System Update" move to 10.3.3.. And the status of 10.3.2 has been "Superceded"..while the status for 10.3.3 is "downloaded". Right now, all workstation and satellite server still using 10.3.2, and use change their mind to use back 10.3.2...even i suggest to upgrade all device with the latest version, but user still dont want it.. They ask me to use 10.3.2 back.. If i delete 10.3.3 ve...

ZCM10 General Support End Date
According to the Novell support cycle website the end of life date for general support is 31 Aug 2011. Can anyone verify if this is due to be extended considering that SP3 is clearly being worked on and the product is very much current. This would mean that general support would be for approx 4 years only. In comparison Microsoft's SMS 2003 which is a much older product is listed as having 6 years general support. Considering all the issues that ZCM has had and in reality in the early days has been a troublesome product Novell surely owe its customers an extension to mainstre...

Bundles from 10.0.3 install after a new 10.1.2 install
I have installed 10.1.2 on some new client machines and after the install I am noticing bundles from 10.0.3 are installing from somewhere. I don't make any 10.0.3 bundles so I am guessing it is some type of auto update that did not get shut off. Anyone have a idea where I can kill this off? Windows 2003SP2 server w/ ZCM 10.1.2 Thanks, Jim Koerner Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might tr...

Zenworks 10.2 install problem
zenworks installer after the license agreement exits with out any error message. So I ran the install with -d (debug mode) and it got to "Calling: cleanupUnix()" and then it says "Exiting with exit code: -1" anyone got ideas why this might be happening. I'm upgrading from 10.1.2a to 10.2 (media) -- knodi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Knodi, > I'm upgrading from 10.1.2a to 10.2 (media) > you can't do this upgrade from the media, sorry. See TID 7003225 for details of how to upgrade ...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

Installing ardour and installing in general...
I want to try out ardour, as I'm trying to turn my laptop into a fully functional music studio, using opensource software. Ardour wants to downgrade a LOT of things on my computer, most of which I don't know what is.Some of it I do know. Fx it wants to downgrade the Compiz interface or something like that. It also changes other things, fx media libraries. I can make do without Compiz. Thats ok. But I'd be very sad if Songbird stops working or if I can't watch movies anymore. So lets say I install Ardour and the whole computer goes to hell. I can't watch movies...

Zenworks 10 (ZCM10) and SLES1-SP1 with OES2
Ok, new item... SLES10SP1 with OES2 installed and then ZCM 10.0.1 installed. Everything went great, excpet because OES2 was installed, ZCM will not load on the defaults ports 80 and 443. So, we chose 81 and 444. Well, we have no issues. All is working good, ZCM server is up, imaging is working, ploicies are working, device mgmt and remote mgmt is working, and we even have an NSS volume to store our images on. So what's the need you ask, well we have time restrictions in place from 12am to 2am for doing maintenance and backup stuff. Well, once the ZCM agent is install on a P...

Update 10.2.1
Upgraded from 10.2.0 to 10.2.1 with no error. BUT The RPM and MSI folder under Zenworks\Install\Downloads still contains files for 10.2.0. Under System-Updates all new files have version 10.2.1 The folder tools contains files with version 10.2.1 What is wrong? Can I move the files manually? /Niklas -- hellblad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hellblad, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem be...

Dbms sybase system 10 ctlib not supported in your current installation...
Hi , I am having this message poped up when i run the powerbuilder application i created. The message is as below.. Dbms sybase system 10 ctlib not supported in your current installation... Thanks Anil You need to deploy the sybase driver ( I think it is called pbsyc60.dll) -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Ananthi Nagarajan" <nagarajan_a@bls.gov> wrote in message news:Mo8it5NHAHA.161@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > I am having this message poped up when i run the po...

General practice for imaging with ZCM 10.2 agent installed?
Can anyone help me here? I sealed up an image the other day and image an entire campus and I couldn't get any of the clients to register themselves. They renamed successfully but wouldn't register themselves and are still sitting there with the Zen 10 client installed but not registered. Am I doing something wrong? I just unregistered the client before sealing up the image. -- luminous00 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:16:01 GMT, luminous00 wrote: > Can anyone help me here? I sealed up an im...

ZENWorks 10 CM Install -- "Unable to contact domain"
Hi All, I'm rather stumped by this one (hopefully it's something obvious that I'm missing). I am trying to install the ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP2 server on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box. I've gone through the installation process, and specified that I want to create a NEW database on a SQL Server (SQL Server 2008). I filled out the requisite information, entered the necessary credentials, but I get an error message that says "Unable to contact domain at 'ad.engr.uconn.edu'. Please make sure DNS is setup, the server is reachable and th...

10.2.2->10.3 Works, just 10.3 install doesn't
I have a very odd issue. If i install 10.2.2 and then upgrade it to 10.3 through the system update deployment, everything works fine. If i try to install 10.3 on a fresh machine without installing 10.2.2 first it starts failing on things like downloading DAU, downloading group policy files, etc. Any ideas? I have run the post-10.3 patch after installing it the day it came out. I have rebuilt my preagent packages.....still not working... Primary Server 1 10.3 Win2k8 Primary Server 2 10.3 Linux VMware appliance clients are all windows xp sp3 -- adisarro ---------...

Zenworks 7 to Zenworks 10.0.3
Has anyone had any problems updating to 10.0.3 from version 7. Also do I need to remove version 7 before installing version 10.0.3. -- forthehorde ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ZCM 10.0.3 is in essence a totally new product. It should be viewed is more of a Migration to a New Product than an Upgrade of an old Product. ZCM 10 and ZDM7 can both reside on the same NetWork, but the Agents cannot be installed on the same PC. When you install the ZCM10 agent on a PC, it will remove the ZDM7 Agent. ZCM10 when first released had m...

Web resources about - General support for ZCM10 - novell.zenworks.10.install

Generał - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Generał (pronounced [ɡɛˈnɛraw] ), is the generic Polish language term for the rank of General . In narrow sense it is used to denote the rank ...

Général - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Général is the French word for general . There are two main categories of generals : the general officers ( officiers généraux ), which are the ...

Law Firm Sued By Massachusetts Attorney General
Is this firm operating in the wild, wild, West?

Illinois' Attorney General Thinks All Forms Of Fantasy Sports Are Illegal Gambling
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan delivered a giant lump of coal to the Daily Fantasy Sports industry on Wednesday as she declared that ...

"General Washington, who spoke a lot about Providence and the Almighty Being, less about God, and nothing ...
"... surprised the hung-over Lutheran Hessians garrisoned at Trenton, on the morning after Christmas. On the English side General Charles, Lord ...

DraftKings files lawsuit against Illinois attorney general
Boston-based DraftKings filed a lawsuit against Illinois Attorney General, a day after she declared daily fantasy sports betting illegal in the ...

PDF: DraftKings lawsuit against Attorney General Lisa Madigan
DraftKings lawsuit against Illinois attorney general (PDF) DraftKings lawsuit against Illinois attorney general (Text)

Illinois Attorney General Says DraftKings, FanDuel Are Illegal Gambling Sites
... customers by a legal thread , the high-profile operations are coming under scrutiny in the Central time zone, with the Illinois attorney general ...

Va. Dem. Attorney General Strikes Another Blow To State’s Gun Laws
Va. Dem. Attorney General Strikes Another Blow To State’s Gun Laws

Illinois Attorney General Declares Daily Fantasy Is Illegal Gambling
Illinois became the eighth state to prohibit daily fantasy behemoths DraftKings and FanDuel from operating in their state, as attorney general ...