Failed server - certificate on cloned server

Hi there,

We have 5 primary ZCM 10.3.1 SLES 10 SP3 servers. One of the servers
has failed. These are all VMware servers.

We have cloned the one of the healthy primaries, changed the name and
ip address to that of the original failed server.
I have brought it back up and it is functioning as a imaging server.

But from a certificate point of view, we created a external CA form
eDir using Jared doc, when the servers were first installed.
'Cool Solutions: AppNote: Installing ZENworks 10 Configuration
Management using External Certificates'
(http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/appnote/19559.html)

As this is not a new install, but a clone of an existing server, how do
I replace or activate the correct certificates for this replacement
server ?

Thanks for any input.
Regards
Mark

--
markvh

markvh
3/6/2012 12:26:02 PM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If it helps anything, this server is purely meant to be a imaging
server. There is application content in the content-repo directory as
the server was cloned.
I am happy to clear this content if I can, but there seems to be a
communication error between this server and the zone.
Imaging functionality is working fine and we are able to upload and
download images, but I suspect there must be some other config files or
certificates which need to change in
order for it to communicate properly.

Thanks
Mark

--
markvh
markvh's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=40228

0
markvh

Installation fails if no default server for SQL Server
The installation fails for the Source Project using VBNet when SQL Server is installed as a named instance without a default? Is there a way to install using only a name instance and how? Trying to avoid using default for security reasons. Thanxs, DMatta...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

SQL Server 2000 failed to install under Windows Server 2003
Anyone knows how to solve this problem? So far only MSDE SP3A can install under Windows Server 2003, I believe there must be another way to install SQL Server 2000 right? Any success guideline that I can refer to? TQ Define the problem. Error message? Just fails? If you are getting a message about a problem running pre-SP3 (or maybe pre-SP4) version of SQL Server, if you ignore that message and then before using SQL Server install the latest service pack, it does in fact work.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog I got a SQL Server 2000 (without...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

SERVER ERROR: Failed to boot Server <server name>
Hey All, I get the following error when trying to configure my ASE 12.5 server, after successful installation: "SERVER ERROR: Failed to boot Server 'WINNT4SVR'; process is running but server is unavailable." OS: WindowsNT 4 ASE Version: 12.5 (Developer Edition) Note:- In the server config settings I have left all as default except for specifying my IP address under 'network addresses. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thx, Namratha ...

Installing a server and a mail server
Hello I hace almost finish my web site, but I would like to know what are the bests servers for ASP.NET.2.0 using Sql and VB, where can i install them (download). Also do you you know if thet provide with some mechanism that i can send email from my asp pages... Many thanks you will need windows 2000, 2003, or 2008 server.Asp.Net is a module (of sorts) for IISIIS is a FREE component of windows Server operating systems.IIS also includes a SMTP server that you can configure to send mail - the easiest way is to configure your ISP as a smart host to relay through.you can download a trial vers...

SQL server install on a server?
I have a web site that accesses a SQL server 2005 database. The website is to be moved to a specified server. So, will I need SQL server 2005 installed on this server, or can I just copy over the files that represent the database? Yup, you gotta install the server. It does not work like access.~mike~...

ASE installation on W2K: SERVER ERROR: Failed to boot Server 'PROD'
Hi All i have installed windows 2000 with SP2. Then i was trying to install ASE 12.5 First phase of installation was successful. Then installation process asked for info to configure Adaptive server. I also accepted the default settings as mentioned in the installation guide. Then i got following error message: "SERVER ERROR: Failed to boot Server 'PROD'; process is running but server is unavailable." then when i hit ok, got message " Task Failed: Start the Sybase Server. Terminating Configuration" Checked errorlog file, as Mr Santosh mentioned, it didn&...

ASE 12.5 Installation - Failed to Boot Server
I've run out of possible solutions to this one. Afer Sybase ASE 12.5 Client and Server installation, receive the following errors when attempting to create the server: Failed to boot server "RYANPLAPTOP" Process is running but server is unavailable. Task Failed: Start Sybase Server. Terminating Configuration. I've seen Failed to boot server frequently, but never the "process is running but server is unavailable". Anybody got a clue? Thanks in advance... Trish What is your platform? if your platform is UNIX, you must set the UNIX kernel para...

10.3/11 both fail to install on 2 servers
WTF? I can install both 10/11 on my laptop just fine. When I try to install 11 on a raid 5 server it fails about 7 different things and errors out. So I tried 10.3 and it fails installing boot loader grub. The servers have 3ware 9650se 4 port with sata/raid 5 and intel duo cpu. What am I doing wrong? This is aprox the 3rd time Ive loaded linux and never had a problem until now. I really need to get both these servers loaded. I did manage to install fedora 9 on one server just as a test. Why wont suse 10.x or 11 install? -- problemchild ------------------------------...

Server service failed to start after 10.2 sp2 installed
Yesterday I installed ZCM 10.2 (fresh) and decided to update to sp2 before trying anything else. It took a long time, finished overnight. This morning I tried to,load Zenworks Control Center and nothing but "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. I look in services and notice the "Novell Zenworks Server" service has not been started. I start it and it displays "The Novell Zenworks Server service on Local Computer started then stopped." No other error messages in the Event viewer. I tried to manually start the server service by running &...

401.1 Error / Server Execution Failed errors in IIS after re-installing windows 2003 server
Hiya All! My company began using windows 2003 enterprise server about 5 months ago with an evaluation copy. It worked fine... However, we have just purchased the full version and after installing it, I am getting a 401.1 error on our sites (all of them) and when I attempt to open the "properties | home directory" window, I get a popup after about a 3-5 minute lock that says "Server Execution Failed". Any idea how I can fix this quickly? Thanks! Dave Larson Look for Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 247593 http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

Installing Team Foundation Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008
 Hi,Can Anyone tell me that Is SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition Compatible to work with Team Foundation Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008...I am trying to install TFS 2008.I have installed IIS,SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition,Install and Configure Windows Sharepoint 3.0 successfully... but During installation of TFS 2008 during System health Check its telling SQL Server version incompatible.PLz Reply its urgent... Somnath Try installing TFS 2008 packaged with SP1. Here is more info:http://blogs.msdn.com/aabdou/archive/2008/05/13/team-foundation-server-sp1-beta-now-available.a...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

new server install
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable here's the error from nierrors.log Suggestions on how to fix, welcome. ______ Driver Fatal: Installation of Novell iManager 2.0.2 failed. You will need to = install=20 this product separately. The error was=20 com/novell/nps/configManager/directoryConfig/DirectoryConfigWizard.=20 ______ Fatal errors 1 Recoverable errors 0 Unknown errors 0 Warnings 0 Informational messages 0 Total logged messages 1...

Web resources about - Failed server - certificate on cloned server - novell.zenworks.10.install

Certificate of Entitlement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 1 May 1990, the then transportation unit of Singapore's Public Works Department (PWD) instituted a quota limit to vehicles called the COE ...

Birth certificate mix-up sparks identity fraud fears
Parents of newborn children have been mailed birth certificates for other peoples' babies in a mix-up described as a major privacy breach.

Birth certificate mix-up sparks identity fraud fears
Human error has led to nine parents being sent&nbsp;birth certificates for other peoples' babies, in what has been described&nbsp;as a major ...

Doctor-assisted dying should be listed on death certificates: law professor
Provincial and territorial death certificates should indicate when a patient's life was ended with the help of a doctor, says an analysis published ...

Google considers following Mozilla, Microsoft, and dropping SHA-1 certificates early
Last month Microsoft said that it was considering ending support for TLS and SSL certificates that used the SHA-1 hashing algorithm, after Mozilla ...

Xbox Live certificate keys exposed according to Microsoft
... necessarily mean you've been hacked, but the possibility is there. In a new security bulletin the company claims that the SSL/TLS digital certificate ...

China's Use of Derivatives to Hide Capital Flight Comes Unglued; Reserves Fall by Record Amount; "Worthless" ...
... for a while, using swap derivatives. Things looked better, until December and January, when suddenly they didn't. About Those "Worthless" Certificates ...

Exclusive: Birth Certificate for Ted Cruz’s Mother
Eleanor Darragh, mother of Ted Cruz, was born in Delaware on Nov. 23, 1934, establishing her citizenshipand, later, his, though he was born in ...

MSNBC's Chris Matthews confronted Donald Trump about Obama's birth certificate after the debate
... , MSNBC host Chris Matthews confronted Donald Trump over the real-estate mogul's past questioning of President Barack Obama's birth certificate. ...

Cruz releases mother's birth certificate amid citizenship debate
The Republican presidential candidate has faced mounting questions over his eligibility to run for the White House