Device name changed error

Hi All, I just noticed in the application logs in the event viewer this
message showing up twice for each machine:

WARN: [4/3/12 12:49:57 PM] Registration Web Service
Novell.Zenworks.Registration.DEVICE_NAME_CHANGED Device name already
existed, changed to 2ua7490cgl-d3cd8f88589aa34ab2b23a1966af8e85 while
attempting to register host: 2UA7490CGL

I cleared the log and got 50 more entries in 2 mins.  I spot checked
some of the machines and they are not currently powered on.  What could
be causing this and how can I make it stop?  The ZCM agent is not in our
image at all.

ZCM 10.3.4 and SQL 2008 on a separate server.

Any advise is appreciated!
Dennis

--
ddevore9

ddevore9
4/3/2012 7:56:02 PM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ddevore9,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0
Automatic

Kernel device naming
Hello, I have a 4GB USB flash disk that I boot from (containing my root filesystem) and 8x SATA disks I use in a RAID array. Under 10.3, the USB disk was always named /dev/sda and the SATA disks were named /dev/sdb and so on. Now under 11.0, the SATA disks get /dev/sda and so on .. then my USB flash disk gets the next free device node. I need to change this behaviour because if I add another SATA disk to my array while running, it will get a device name higher than my flash disk - then on reboot the USB flash disk will be shuffled up to be the last device again. This causes probl...

Device Name Sporadically Changing ZENworks Agent Properties
I'm having a problem with a few Dell Windows 7 machines using ZENworks Configuration Management (ZCM) 10.3.4 client. The problem is the device name, in the ZENworks Adaptive Agent Properties, is sporadically changing and reassigning with other device names and sharing the device name with another computer. All the machines have been built from a single image, using R-Drive Image software, with the ZCM client already built-in to the image. In attempt to resolve the problem, I've uninstalled the ZCM client, CASA as well as deleting the device name from the Zenworks Control...

changing the name of a portal.. and even name of install folder??
suppose i have a site which i started of named testingSite and now i have done some development on it and now i want to rename it to testingProtal or something else what changes do i need to do... i have to go into IIS and change the virtual directory and change the portal alias in the database .... what else.. while we are at the topic lets say the folder that contains dotnetnuke installation i want to rename that ... what changes do i need to do .. i know we need to go and change some stuff in the database so i know where to upload the file... but where and what else would i have t...

iManager error with Error: NMAS LDAP Transport Error javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2
I have a problem exactly as related in tid (3947462), but the fix that I tried as posted in the TID did not do anything to rectify the problem. My server shows only 6 nmasldap before and after performing nmasinstall. This is a netware 6.5 server with service pack 5. No additional configuration changes or service packs were installed on the server since the last time this part of the functionality worked. The document says that there are 2 possible causes. The second cause, I don't beleive applies as there is only 1 netware server. I ran both the nmasinstall command on a wi...

After installing Delphi XE6 enterpise: Error adding a device device Manager
Adding Android Devices, the following works in Delphi XE5 I click on Add and entered Device name and selected Android Platform. click on enable orientation selected device background picture.png file entered the following values: left = 10 top = 90 screen size: width = 348 height = 610 status bar: size = 78 Position = bottom Then click Ok I get the following error: Access Violation at address 076BEFAD in module 'DeviceManager200.bpl read of address 00000000. ...

Error received when Installing PB 10.5 eval
Hello, I haven't used PowerBuilder since 1998 (version 6), but a recent opportunity requires that I utilize the software. Before purchasing 10.5 Desktop, I downloaded the PB 10.5 Eval copy to give it a "test drive". Unfortunately, when attempting to install it, (by clicking Setup.exe) I received the following error: --------------------------- PowerBuilder - InstallShield Wizard Setup has detected that this installation was NOT launched by the Sybase Common Installer. Please use the Common Installer to install PowerBuilder 10.5. Setup will now termina...

Change device names?
I want to rename some of my logical device names (sysdevices.name) sandwiched with the appropriate sp_configure "allow updates" commands. It seems to me that there is no problem so long as there is not an alter/create database running. Have I overlooked any "gotcha"? ...

10.3.0a installed but ZCM Version 10.2.2 displayed on device
Hello all, I upgraded our Suse 11 ZCM server from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a and according to ZCC installation was successful. The version.txt also confirms this, yet the server device still displays 10.2.2. This is still the case after a reboot. Is there a fix or should I not be concerned? Thanks, Matt -- mrivenbark ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mrivenbark, >Hello all, I upgraded our Suse 11 ZCM server from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a and >according to ZCC installation was successful. The version.txt also >confirms this, yet the ...

HELP! Changing cookiepath on a new bugzilla install caused the following error on our other bugzilla install.
We have had a bugzilla installation running fine for over two years, and have added a new bugzilla installation. Adding and configuring the new one was no problem. Until I changed the cookiepath property on the new installation. At that point everything went to hell and a handbasket.... (I successfully fixed it temporarily by deleting the C:\Windows\Temp\#sql_c50_0.MYD, but now it is back) Any ideas would be appreciated. NOTE: I changed the cookie path back to /, but that didn't help and any user accessing this now recieves the following errror message... Template->...

How to change User account names etc after name change
What is the quickest, easiest most reliable way to change an existing users account information after a name change. For example: Existing user ShellySmith gets married and changes to ShellyJones. How & what do I change for her Groupwise 6 account to send/receive emails as ShellyJones? Bill Internet or internal? If you have GroupWise Internet addressing turned on then you change the last name, that updates the Internet address(if first.last or last.first) Then add an alias for the user of shellyjones. Tim On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:42:36 GMT, "Bill Clark" &l...

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

change install directory name
I searched the forum for a solution and found 3 possibilities but none worked. http://forums.asp.net/787971/ShowPost.aspx http://forums.asp.net/785043/ShowPost.aspx http://forums.asp.net/809317/ShowPost.aspx   I would like to change the name of the "root" directory. Based on installation instructions the directory would be c:/dotnetnuke I set up the virtual directory with the same name. I would like to change the directoy to "net" rather than "dotnetnuke". ie: c:/net thanks in advance Your second link explains it best. If you just want to navigate to it w...

Installation Error: error attempting to read from the source install database
I receive an "Error attempting to read from the source install database" C:\windows\installer\2ce6f3.msi. when I try to install the time tracker (CSVS). Any ideas?...

install error
hi to all i have a problem to install gw6.5 on a new 6.5 server. during the setup i receive an error called : cannot change the attribute ... setup of gw is not complete. so i check the attribute of the volume and install-folder, but cant find the error. i allways logged in as admin to install gw6.5, so the volume or folder cannot be read only for the admin of the server or tree. may , someone have a idea to solve this. thanks in advanced for any help ! regards david Some file is in use maybe ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://su...

Web resources about - Device name changed error - novell.zenworks.10.install

The Day the Universe Changed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Day the Universe Changed (subtitled "A Personal View by James Burke") is a British documentary television series written and presented by ...

How Has Facebook Changed News Delivery?
... cats — it altered the way stories are seen. Now everyone can make news. But for those who make a living by spreading news, Facebook has changed ...

Facebook changed my name to my unknown birth name, not my current legal name... - Facebook-Hilfeforum ...
I provided Facebook with my original birth certificate and my name change certificate - instead they changed my name to my birth name which I ...

West Wing Changed Me (@WWChangedMe) on Twitter

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
A bunch of people made suggestions after reading today's Changes piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming ...

Economics : How has introductory economics changed as it's been taught in American universities over ...
Answer (1 of 5): Introductory economics has not changed enormously over the years. In part this is because much of introductory economics is ...

Knuckle Up #398: UFC 178, Cry Babies, HeadGames + Suddenly Your DNA Is Forever Changed… (MMA Nation) ...
Literary gunslinger Eugene S. Robinson of http://BloodyElbow.com lends his one-of-a-kind perspective on UFC 178 up to and including the TEARS ...

Two royal visits 32 years apart. How times have changed - AdelaideNow Search Search
Thirty-two years ago, South Australia was the scene for a very different kind of royal tour.