Win XP client for Netware 4.10 doesn't work

We have a small Netware 4.10 network. Since would like to connect Windows
XP (SP1) PCs to that net, we have downloaded the latest 98/2000/XP client
(49sp2e.exe zipped file) and installed on one PC. Installation seems to
be succesfull, but the client doesn't connect to the server (Cant'find
the server error). Did I miss doing something? There is any extra
configuration to do? Has anyone experienced (and possibly solved) such a
problem?
Thansk in advance to any helper...
Riccardo
0
riccardo
11/17/2004 12:50:36 PM
novell.support.netware.4x 2762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Make sure you install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'.
Also, v4.9SP2 is not the most recommended client for such an old
NetWare server OS. I recommend going with v4.83 SP2 found at:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html and the apply
the SP3 patch found at:
http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nc483sp3.exe/

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

> Make sure you install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'.
> Also, v4.9SP2 is not the most recommended client for such an old
> NetWare server OS. I recommend going with v4.83 SP2 found at:
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html and the apply
> the SP3 patch found at:
> http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nc483sp3.exe/
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have also seen afterwards (too late,
sorry) a similar question already answered in the forum. Double thanks.
Lastly: what is best recommended now: must I uninstall (how's the
best/most safe way to do that?) the 4.90 version before installing and
patching SP3 the client version 4.83, or simply overwrite the 4.90?
Tanks again,
Riccardo

0
riccardo
11/17/2004 2:12:45 PM
> (how's the
> best/most safe way to do that?)

With the v4.9 client - Add/Remove Programs
With the v4.8x client - Network Connections | Uninstall

> the 4.90 version before installing and
> patching SP3 the client version 4.83, or simply overwrite the 4.90?
> Tanks again,

Uninstall v4.9 and start from scratch.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

> Uninstall v4.9 and start from scratch.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

Hi again... your procedure and suggestions solved all my conectivity
problems. I am connected and working fine with services and files.
Thanks a lot again.
Riccardo

0
riccardo
11/17/2004 3:11:47 PM
Glad to help.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison
11/17/2004 5:56:11 PM
Hi, sorry to but in on your thread.  I am having a similar problem with
client v.4.83 sp2 on Novell 4.2.  I have tried to install SP3 as you
suggested but the extract stops when checking the security envelope.  Am i
doing something wrong?

Dave
"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message

> Glad to help.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Dave
12/11/2004 11:03:55 AM
Let's start a new thread, shall we ? In the new thread, post the
NetWare version running in the server along with Service Pack level.
Post the output from typing CONFIG (not LOAD CONFIG) at the server
console. At the client side, be sure to install with Custom | IPX
Only. Also, post the output from typing IPXROUTE CONFIG.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Change Password Feature Doesn't Work in Netware Client 4.9 SP1
In version 4.83, after you login to netware you could press control alt delete and get to the change password field where you could change the netware password. In the new version 4.9 SP1, where is not such option. The only option I get is the synchronize the password with the workstation. Is there any fix for it? I found this but no other info on how to fix it: <a href="http://support.novell.com/cgi- bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10091388.htm">Password Change Issue</a> Thank you in advance, Andrey. Andrey, Are you installing NICI, NMAS or NetIdentity wit...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Client 4.91 doesn't work with XP Pro SP2
I installed Novell Client 4.91 (with pka, but not nwgina_3) on a new Dell XP SP2 machine. Install went fine, but when logging in, can't get it to see the tree (much less the context or server) on my NW 5.0 SBS server. When I removed it and installed Client 4.83, it worked fine. Funny thing is, the same 4.91 version works great with another new Dell machine with XP Home SP1. Any ideas? Thanks! Michael Michael, Lets gather some more details about your environment... Any additional components of the client installed? What protocols are bound to the client? Windows...

Why Auto-protect of the Symantec Antivirus 10.0 doesn't work on Netware Network Drives?
We have installed Symantec Antivirus client 10.0 on Windows XP with Auto-protect option. But Autoprotect doesn't work with mapped Netware Network Drives. So I can view, edit and run viruses on mapped Netware Network Drives. With Windows Network Drives all right, virus will be deleted immediately as soon as the infected file accessed. Why Symantec Antivirus can't block viruses on mapped Netware Network Drives? On 29/05/06 shilov@hq.eximb.com wrote: > Why Symantec Antivirus can't block viruses on mapped Netware Network > Drives? I have no idea. Have you asked ...

client install doesn't work and can't uninstall client
Help! I installed Groupwise 6.5 client on a freshly formatted workstation. All seemed to go normal, except when i tried to run Groupwise i get the following... Groupwise is not properly installed. The Groupwise components could not be initialized. Please run groupwise setup, or contact your systme administrator. so i then tried to uninstall the the client and i get this... The log file "C:\windows\system32\delsl2.isu" is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue. so i then tried to just do an install anyway, and i end up...

Client 4.83 works, 4.90 doesn't
Please help a neophyte here: Trying to bring up a new XPpro workstation with client 4.90sp1 installed. Server is NW5.1 sp5. Can't login, can't see the tree or server. Machine worked fine using the MS client for NW. Also have another XP machine running client 4.83 that works fine. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks in advance // Randy Randy, Did you do a default install of the client? The 4.90 client defaults to IP only rather than IP/IPx. Try uninstalling the client, reboot, reinstall, custom, select IP & IPX. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support For...

In KDE 4.4.1 AutoLoginDelay=10 doesn't work.
I can autologin without delay but as soon as I set 'AutoLoginDelay=10' and try to login, login screen freezes and no user can login. I'm in 11.2 x86_64 with these repos: Code: -------------------- :~> zypper -v lr Verbosity: 1 # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh ---+-----------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+---------+-------- 1 | KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop | KDE4:/Comm...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

doesn't work on MAC latest update 10.4.4
Name: David Joel Email: stuff_at_yoelyoel.com Product: Firefox Summary: doesn't work on MAC latest update 10.4.4 Comments: your brand new version 1.5.0.1 does not work well on OS 10.4.4 crashes lots of sites- such as http://www.travelersadvantage.com (when try to do things with functionality hangs up and/or crashes) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 ...

Groupwise Client as a POP3 client--SMTP doesn't work as a 'send'
Our company was just acquired (never happens these days) by another company that has an exchange server. We're trying to keep our GW for at least the near future and want to just 'POP' and SMTP through the Exchange server. I can receive messages no problem, but can't send. When I send, I get the super-duper descriptive error message, 'Service not Available'. How do I track down where the SMTP is failing? I can send from Outlook Express, so I assume it's something within the Groupwise client that is having issues with the SMTP service on the Exchange serve...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work
This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender <asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox> <atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch"> <atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" /> </atlas:AutoCompleteExtender> When i start typing fiddler shows: # Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-...

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Web resources about - Win XP client for Netware 4.10 doesn't work - novell.support.netware.4x