Time Sync Problem

Dear All,

I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11
servers
and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with
actual time.
So I try to adjust it and follow the below method:
Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the
parameter (+00:03:00).
After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match.
but
i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error .

I want to ask how to solve it, help me???
Thanks
TT

0
TT
4/5/2003 4:35:25 PM
novell.support.netware.4x 2762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server.
Also, copy&paste the output you get from typing TIME at the troubled
server.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison
4/5/2003 5:02:38 PM
your means is only copy and paste the timesync.cfg to each server. Is
that
right?
and the source of timesync.cfg is come from where.?
Please detail to say it. I don't understand your means

ManyThanks and Thanks for your attentions

TT

Edison Ortiz wrote:

> Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server.
> Also, copy&paste the output you get from typing TIME at the troubled
server.

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
TT
4/5/2003 5:23:52 PM
You navigate to sys and then the system folder and open the file
called timesync.cfg with any text editor. copy and paste the content
here from each server.

also, copy and paste the output you get when typing TIME at the
troubled
server. you can accomplish this if you rconsole from a windows
workstation.

Capire ?

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison
4/5/2003 5:29:37 PM
Dear Edison Ortiz,
I have already fix the time sync. problem. but I don't use your
method.
I reboot the all server and change the time at each server CMOS, then
start server again. Afterthat, they can time sync successfully.

TT

TT wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11
servers
> and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with
> actual time.
> So I try to adjust it and follow the below method:
> Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the
> parameter (+00:03:00).
> After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match.
but
> i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error .
>
> I want to ask how to solve it, help me???
> Thanks
> TT

0
TT
4/7/2003 6:59:24 AM
That's another way of doing it but it meant rebooting your servers
thus
causing some downtime. I was going to suggest a way of doing it
without
causing any downtime.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John John Slegers: > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. > make the first server Single instead ...

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John : duplicate Joe Moore Novell Support Forums SysOp http://just.fdisk-it.com http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html http://www.caledon...

time sync problem
hello all; since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with the time server in the network. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > the time server in the network. > Does it work if you unload/reload timesync.nlm? -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) > > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > > the time server in the network. > >...

Time sync problem
I have a dual boot machine, and can't get the Windows and OpenSUSE times to match. They are always 6 hours off. I used Yast NTP to set up a server on Linux, with Central time zone. Windows has the same time zone. Does anyone know anything else that needs to be adjusted so I can make these times the same? -- ciric50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue December 15 2009 09:56 pm, ciric50 wrote: > > I have a dual boot machine, and can't get the Windows and OpenSUSE times > to match. They are always 6 hours off. ...

Time Sync Problems
Servers involved are: Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8 Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9 I am getting the following error when I run a time sync: [1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE Unable to connect to NDS Server. Connection refused. I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box that is in this tree. Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the problem? Thanks Scott -- SJFast911 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SJ...

Time sync problem
Hello, We have a two node cluster that was set up for us by an outside consultant and has been running NW6sp4 for over a year now without this problem. A couple of days ago, first one server and then the other, then both at once has a red flag for time sync. The servers are set up in a single/secondary time sync configuration and both are configured with the IP address of the same two NIST time servers, in the same order. I watched the time sync screens together and the server set as the secondary only uses one of the two time servers while the server set as the single uses both. ...

time sync problem
One of my Netware 5.1 server giving me "Time is NOT syncronized on the network" when I typed "time" at the console prompt. When I set it to Debug, it shows that " theServer will not be used as it is a configured source". I don't what that means. Please help. My environment: we have five Netware 5.1 w/sp5 servers. One Single and four Secondary. Three secondary servers are OK, except one that giving me this error. All servers have the latest and same timesync.nlm. Please help!... Thanks, Calvin Please post the sys:system\timesync...

DSrepair time sync replica depth and time is in sync
A new server installed and configured (nw5.0 sp6a) is showing up with a Replica depth of -1 (others show 0) and the Time is in Sync = no (others are yes) with a plus of 1min. Can these be resolved? This a brand new test server. Cheers. The "Replica Depth" is not a problem. Your new server does not have a copy of the NDS Database. This is not a problem and quite normal. Only the 1st 3 servers get a copy of you DS unless you configure it otherwise. Check you TimeSync Setup. Here is a guide from NW5.1 (5.0 should work the same.) http://www.novell.com/documentati...

Time Sync Problem #3
Mixed environment: 1 x Reference Server = NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) 1 x Primary Server = NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) 9 x Secondary Servers - 2 x NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) - 1 x NetWare 4.11-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 4.2-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP3 (DS ver 8.77) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP5 (DS ver 8.82) - 2 x NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) and the odd-ball - 1 x Axis StorePoint CD Network CD Server (pretends to be NetWare 4.X - DS ver 5.73) All NW5-SP6 boxes were recently upgraded to SP6 - some from SP3 and some from SP5. What we're see...

Time Sync Problem #2
Netware 5.1 server lost connectivity to its source time server for approx 6 hrs. The time was wrong on the server. This server is a time ref server, master of root, and DHCP server. Users attempting to login at that time were unable to get IP due to IP conflict. Helpdesk had users run release all and some users could login; however, the last login changed to year 2034! Server was rebooted and time appeared correct on server. Now server shows synthetic time, but time is correct. For problem users, cannot unlock accts due to error 116:659. NDS looks healthy, except for -698 error...

Time sync problem #2
Hello, Thanks in advance for any time spent or help offered. I administer a Netware 6.0 SP5 two node native SCSI based cluster that sits on a large university LAN that we share with other many servers and workstations. We also have one replica server in an office still on the LAN but two hops away from the server cluster. The server that is typically secondary is set up as a single source that gets its time from an NIST timeserver. It is always in sync. The replica server is always in sync. But for the last few days the primary server in the cluster has been loosing and re...

NTP and Time Sync Problems
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to get a Netware 5.0 server to sync with an outside time source. I have permission from tick.utoronto.ca to sync with them, as well as tick.usno.navy.mil and tock.usno.navy.mil. When i launch timesync.nlm after a period of time the timesync debug screen shows that the server can't communicate with those time servers. Running ping from the console clearly shows that there is no problem pining the servers. After running timesync.nlm the console reports syncronization not active. Anybody have any suggestions? Here is ...

Problems with project time support
I have created a control which main class (with attributes) is: [DefaultProperty("Text"),ToolboxData("<{0}:MioCmd runat=server></{0}:MioCmd>"), ParseChildren(ChildrenAsProperties = false), ControlBuilderAttribute(typeof(MioCmd.MioBuilder)), Designer("MioCmd.MioDesigner, MioCmd"), PersistChildren(false)] public class MioCmd : WebControl, INamingContainer{ ... } into MioCmd I have an attribute with this declaration: [Bindable(false), Description("Imposta i comandi dell'editor."), ...

Problems with Time sync after migration
I am in the middle of a migration (NW5 SP6 to NW6.5 SP3 with new hardware). The migration seemed to be going fine, however now that I'm in the final stages, there are problems: The migration wizard advised me to verify that time and NDS are in sync. When verifying time sync on the server, the following happens: The Destination server reports time is in sync, but it can only identify connections with 3 other servers in the tree (out of 8)when running DSRepair, time sync status. When I go to any of the other servers in the tree (including the three that can be seen by ...

Web resources about - Time Sync Problem - novell.support.netware.4x

Audi says fixing diesel emission problem is simple
... Green , Audi , Porsche , Volkswagen , Emissions , Diesel , Luxury Audi believes a simple fix might be enough to solve the emissions problem ...

"I say, folks, you know, I’m sorry I did this to you, but you’ve got to get used to it. It’s one of those ...
"I’m going to win. ... You know, I’m not one of these other guys that goes down. I don’t go down. I go up." Donald Trump says get used to it ...

Trump: If GOP Does Not Stick to Our Deal ‘They’re Going to Have Problems’
Trump: If GOP Does Not Stick to Our Deal 'They're Going to Have Problems'

Microsoft has an emoji problem
Microsoft increasingly has an emoji problem as the company's Windows 10 operating system lacks the latest set of characters. Emoji are, essentially, ...

Social media addiction is a bigger problem than you think
Social networks are massively addictive. Most people I know check and interact on social sites constantly throughout the day. And they have no ...

Guilty verdict for Oklahoma ex-cop in serial rape trial: A national problem
Christian Science Monitor Guilty verdict for Oklahoma ex-cop in serial rape trial: A national problem Christian Science Monitor A former Oklahoma ...

3 and Out: Three big picture problems for the Patriots
... form Search 51° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN 3 and Out: Three big picture problems ...

In Ghana, the global problem of e-waste has local consequences
Consumers have a nasty habit of throwing out their electronics as soon as newer, shinier models become available, and they rarely ever do so ...

Ted Cruz denies questioning Donald Trump's judgment. Problem is, he did it on tape.
Did Ted Cruz question whether Donald Trump has the judgment to be president or did he not? Cruz, who has cuddled up to Trump throughout the campaign, ...