TCP

Facts:
I have Intranetware 4.11 Server with SP7
I need to comunicate with a Small Business Server 2000:
it is a Domain Controler.
It has ben configured with a shared access to internet

What do I need to comunicate both servers in order to
gain both access: the internet and the Nover server
in the novell workstations with it corresponding novell client?

Luis Hau
0
plasty
10/4/2004 5:09:03 PM
novell.support.netware.4x 2762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

As far as NetWare connectivity, you need to install the Novell Client
with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. You can download Novell Client from:
http://download.novell.com

For Microsoft related questions, please ask in the Microsoft forums.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> I have Intranetware 4.11 Server with SP7

Note, if this is not the small business version, go to SP9.

Edison has you well covered regarding the NetWare client side of things.

With NW 4.11 in the mix, I'd suggest going with the 4.83 client:

Regarding the 4.83 client.  The full 4.83SP2 client can be downloaded from:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html

After that, you will want to download and deploy the SP3 update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm

After that, you may want to download and deploy the post SP3 update:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969354.htm

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

How do I install IPX only?
Must there be both (IPX/SPX and IPX ONLY) on each workstation or only 'IPX
ONLY'

I understand this changes are in the clients,
Do I have to make any changes in My Novell Server?

Luis Hau

> As far as NetWare connectivity, you need to install the Novell Client
> with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. You can download Novell Client from:
> http://download.novell.com
>
> For Microsoft related questions, please ask in the Microsoft forums.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
plasty
10/4/2004 5:58:32 PM
> How do I install IPX only?

With 'IPX Only' option during the Novell Client setup, it implies
to installs the SPX protocol as well. They work together. Just like
installing IP support, you get TCP and UDP.

No changes need to be made in the Novell server. The Novell server
won't communicate with the Windows server.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison
10/4/2004 6:04:30 PM
Mmmmm ... I understand,
It means My clients will be abble to get into the Novel Server
and get Internet Access and (I suppouse) all the services in the
Small Business Server 2000 (windows) like Mail, but the will not
be abble to get into the SMBS 2000 server directory.

Does it means than My NETWARE server will not be reachable for
hackers trought the SMBS 2000 or any of their clients with conectivity
to the NETWARE?
Consider the SMBS 2000 may be configured to be a Gateway to get the
services in the Netware Server

Luis Hau

> > How do I install IPX only?
>
> With 'IPX Only' option during the Novell Client setup, it implies
> to installs the SPX protocol as well. They work together. Just like
> installing IP support, you get TCP and UDP.
>
> No changes need to be made in the Novell server. The Novell server
> won't communicate with the Windows server.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
plasty
10/4/2004 6:28:43 PM

plasty@sureste.com wrote:

> Mmmmm ... I understand,

No, you don't.

> It means My clients will be abble to get into the Novel Server
> and get Internet Access and (I suppouse) all the services in the
> Small Business Server 2000 (windows) like Mail, but the will not
> be abble to get into the SMBS 2000 server directory.

I'm trying to help you with connectivity to the NetWare server
exclusively. For other type of connectivity, you need to ask in
the Microsoft forum since it's out of scope in the forum.

> Does it means than My NETWARE server will not be reachable for
> hackers trought the SMBS 2000 or any of their clients with conectivity
> to the NETWARE?

The NetWare server won't need IP support unless you are running an
application needing IP support on that server. NetWare4.x does not
provide pure IP support for file and print services. You need NetWare5.x
or later.

> Consider the SMBS 2000 may be configured to be a Gateway to get the
> services in the Netware Server

You can load TCPIP in the NetWare server and set the default gateway
but what kind of services are you expecting to run *from* the NetWare
server ?

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Enable TCP/IP on Netware 4x
I need a very quick one here please. Using INETCFG I need to enable TCP/IP on one of the cards on my Netwar 4.2 servers. After loading the INETCFG.NLM it asks me to transfer LAN driver, protocol and commands from Autoexec to INETCFG config files. Do I stand any risk doing that? Can i just go ahead by choosing YES? If not how else can I enable TCP/IP? Autoexec or CONFIG? Thanks. , > Can i just go ahead by choosing YES? > Yes. That should not be a problem. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Nove...

NetWare 4.11, TCP/IP supported?
Hi, Does NetWare 4.11 support TCP/IP? -- Best regards, Software Consult AS Microsoft Certified Partner Torstein Aanvik Yes and No. You can load the TCP/IP stack on a Netware 4.11 server, to be used for webserver, GroupWise etc., but NCP is not supported. For this, you must upgrade your Netware server -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Hi Tommy, The reason for asking is that customer has a wireless link to one portable computer that is resided in an office across the street from the main office, and it's unable to log on t...

Netware 4.2 TCP/IP Support
We have a Novell Netware 4.2 Sever and would like to upgrade our network to wireless. To do this however, we have to enable/install a TCP/IP interface on the server. Does anyone know how/if this can be done? If not for this version of Novell, is it supported for a later version? Thank you for your assistance! *ANY* later version of NetWare (5.0 and up) supports native IP -- that is what you are going to need here. Current version of NW is 6.5 -- you might give it a look. How many users on the network? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sy...

Support for Netware
Does SQL Anywhere version 5.0.3 build 1666 support Service Pack 7 of Netware 4.11? Does ASA 6.0.3? Thanks, Tim ...

Does Netware Support
I have heard that Novell does not support Zen imaging software when it comes to imaging Netware servers using RAID 5. Is this true for software raid or hardware or both? If so why? Lastly what issues has anyone experienced in using the imaging software on Netware servers using raid 5? Thanks Brian brian wrote: > I have heard that Novell does not support Zen imaging software when it > comes to imaging Netware servers using RAID 5. Is this true for software > raid or hardware or both? If so why? Lastly what issues has anyone > experienced in using the imagin...

Support for netware
I just called to try to get support for my servers. They told me that the price has just changed as of Febuary 1st and there was no longer a CNE discount. They also said that the support options for 5/12 were also gone. Now support is 7/24 at a flat rate of $625.00 per call. CNE or no CNE. Is there any other organizations out there that support novell on a per call basis? Any help on this would be appreciated - RJM Since this was an open call for support, I tried emailing you, but got the following: <<< 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to rmorgan3rd@yaho...

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

Removing IPX support Netware 6,Netware 4.11
Hi all, Does anyone know a way of forcing Netware 4.11 to use IP instead of IPX as its preferred protocol? After removing IPX support from our netware 6 boxes, our netware 4.11 box can no longer communicate. I would have thought that it would attempt to use IP instead of IPX... I haven't had a lot of experience with netware 4.11 boxes. Thanks in advance, Ben. NW 4.11 can only use IPX for NCP communications. The only way to go what looks like IP only is to use Netware/IP or CMD, but both these are just ways of encapsulating IPX traffic in IP packets and they are no...

ARCserve r11.1 for NetWare on NetWare SBS 5.1
Does anyone know if this version, SBS v5.1, of the NetWare Operating System is supported by the latest version of ARCserve r11.1 for NetWare? I had a look around the CA site but not mention is made of the NetWare OS. Kind Regards, Dale Bentley Hi, Dale Bentley wrote: > > Does anyone know if this version, SBS v5.1, of the NetWare Operating System > is supported by the latest version of ARCserve r11.1 for NetWare? As Netware 5.1 is supported, yes. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Product Support Forum Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de --____HGXEOLCI...

Oracle 8i included with Netware 5.0 supported by Netware 6.5 ?
Actually, We have a netware 5.0 sp6a with Oracle DB 8i (included with netware 5.0). Is it possible to migrate the Oracle DB 8i (by using Oracle 8i CD of Netware 5.0) on a new Netware 6.5 server ? If it is not possible, is there a new Oracle version supported by Netware 6.5? Thanks Renaud No, as Oracle de-committed from support of their products on NW. Sorry. We supply MySQL with NW now. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessa...

Netware 6.5 support pack 7 vs support pack 7 Overlay
I have several netware 6.5 servers with different support packs installed on them, most sp3 or sp5. I want to update all of them to sp7. Do I use the support pack 7 overlay, or just the support pack 7? I don't know what the difference is between the two except that one is an ISO and the other is an executable. Can someone explain the difference or which one to use? Thanks! -- chawcheskew ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The ISO is intended for new installs, the non-ISO is the usual means for updating an existing serv...

DVD support with Netware?
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Can a DVD drive be attached to a Netware server (v 6.x) and mounted as a volume like normal CD's? Regards, Dale Bentley --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META content=3D"MS...

Netware or Linux Support
I'm new to Patchlink(but not Zenworks). I would like to know if this product will ever be ported(hope that is the right choice of words), to linux, or to Netware? I have no interest in opeing a huge can of worms by installing a MS server with IIS into our environment(we are a full Novell(Netware), and now Linux shop). Does anyone know if this will happen? I hope that this is also the proper forum for this Question? Thank you for your help, DS Does anyone know of any other products tha twould do this as well? You will not get an official answer here on this one. There is no officia...

down server netware 4x
Hi!! can anybody help me in one question? i have netware 4.11 server and i want to set it down like in "windows" in task shedule...sorry i don't know english well (.)(.) now this is a question: for example: now i go from the work and server must work untill 3:00 am how can i set it down in 3:00? if i can't be near the computer! mmmm...i think u understand me)) please e-mail me it's wery important thank u) fantasticos, > Hi!! can anybody help me in one question? i have netware 4.11 server and > i want to set it down like in "windows" in task...

SATA Support by Netware ???
Does anyone know if you can use the onboard SATA controller on the INTEL = Serverboard S875WP1-E under Netware ?? I can=B4t find any information Hi, Alfred Zehetner wrote: > > Does anyone know if you can use the onboard SATA controller on the INTEL > Serverboard S875WP1-E under Netware ?? Most probably. Check here: http://developer.novell.com/devres/storage/drivers/index.html I don't know that board, but if it uses a ICH6 or ICH7 controller, idesata.ham from that link is for you. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! ...

Web resources about - TCP - novell.support.netware.4x

TCP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome to The TCP/IP Guide!
The TCP/IP Guide is a reference resource on the TCP/IP protocol suite that was designed to be not only comprehensive, but comprehensible. Organized ...

MultiPath TCP - Linux Kernel implementation : Main - Home Page browse
Breaking News 05. June 2012: Our Google Techtalk about MultiPath TCP just appeared online on Youtube. Have a look here: http://www.youtube. ...

Port Scan - Ultra-Fast TCP Port Scan on the App Store on iTunes
Get Port Scan - Ultra-Fast TCP Port Scan on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

openHPI: Welcome to "Internetworking with TCP/IP" - YouTube
The Internet has become an integral part of our modern society and daily live. In this course HPI Professor Dr. Christoph Meinel will teach you ...

ACMA orders six telcos to comply with TCP code
​Six telco service providers have been ordered by the ACMA to comply with the Telecommunication Consumer Protections (TCP) Code.

UCLA, Cisco and more join forces to replace TCP/IP
Big name academic and vendor organizations have unveiled a consortium this week that's pushing Named Data Networking (NDN), an emerging Internet ...

ACMA warns telcos over TCP compliance
Twenty four telcos have received formal warnings for failing to meet all of their obligations under the Telecommunications Consumer Protections ...

Most DDoS attacks directed at the same few TCP/IP ports: Akamai
China, the United States, and Turkey accounted for two-thirds of IP-based attack traffic during the fourth quarter of 2012, according to new ...