restrict user copy , allow user read in netware

I want to restrict user to copy file from netware file server, I want to
user can read file from netware

Does anyone know if this is possible?

thank you in advance.

gogo

0
stevenl
8/24/2004 5:16:09 AM
novell.support.netware.4x 2762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Duplicate post.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

Windows user same as Netware user
I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I don't remember what to do - two regular users on the same XP/Pro/C32_4.9/SP2 workstation. I want, after each has put in their Netware login and password, for the Windows login to happen without further user intervention - each of these two Netware users is also set up, same user name, same password, as an Admin user on the workstation. What do I do to make this happen? TIA. -S- Hi, Have you tried this registry setting? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Tab Settings\NT Credentials] "Sync NDS ...

Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6
I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Dave. David, > I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have > alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able > to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do > this? > The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual. - An...

legacy netware users from netware 4 days
Anyone come across some users who cannot login to the agent ? Other users on same machines function fine ! Make sure the "other name" field is not filled in. That can mess with LDAP lookups for that user since it is giving the user an additional CN. -- Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own. These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human. <phoenix@rise.net.au> wrote in message news:Ag2Fk.1...

NetWare 6.5 User Licenses in a NetWare 6 tree
Never heard of that one before, but the consulting firm I work for was told by a Novell sales rep that NetWare 6.5 user licenses will work in a NetWare 6 tree. I installed them in the same container as my other licenses. They, of course, created a new license container to hold them. It has been three weeks and not a single license has been consumed. Looking at the other licenses, 2 more than the installed amount are in use. To me it seems that the clients or NLS cannot retrieve one of those new licenses. Has anyone heard of this before? Or was the boss taken for a ride on this o...

Copy user data from Netware to OES
Hi, Running Netware 6.5sp8 and Sles 10sp3 with OES2sp3. Both servers have NSS volumes. What is the best/fastest way to copy user data and trustee rights from the Netware box to the OES box. Regards John John Gill wrote: > Running Netware 6.5sp8 and Sles 10sp3 with OES2sp3. Both servers > have NSS volumes. > What is the best/fastest way to copy user data and trustee rights > from the Netware box to the OES box. Use the Migration Wizard. http://www.novell.com/documentation/scmt/scmt12/data/aap6hw0.html -- Novell Knowledge Partner Enhancement Requests: ...

NFS client user access after file creation by NetWare- windows user.
I am using an NFS exported nss netware folder as my document root for apache2 on OES linux SP2. After a netware user changes or creates a new file, Apache cannot see the file. According to TID 10097414, this is by design. The document suggests that if all the Netware Clients that will be modifying the file have the same primary GID in their eDir user object, and if the Novell NFS umask is set appropriately, then that group on the Unix side will always have the necessary access to the file, even after modifications. How do I check and modify the GID of the eDirectory users. What is ...

Groupwise Certificate user isn't follow the user on the Netware
If I connect on differents pcstations on Netware, how can issue a certificate and this certificate follow the user anywhere? I think that the only solution is copy on floppy disk and import every time in the GW client ... is any other solution on Groupwise 6.5 ? (testdi@hotmail.com) wrote in news:aMwgd.7312$%e6.2334@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > I think that the only solution is copy on floppy disk and import every > time in the GW client ... is any other solution on Groupwise 6.5 ? AFAIK no. Groupwise uses the built in Microsoft certificate infrastructure instead of sto...

Copy Rules from user to user
We are using GW 5.5 with Windows clients. Any way to copy one user's set of rules so that another user can import/use them? Thanks Larry Larry, didn't try any of those myself: 2ndC http://nps.kck.dk has a Groupwise utility set to distribute rules. Maybe it can be used to export/import rules, too. Omni Tech http://www.omni-ts.com has something similar. So has BRD http://www.brdee.com/novell_groupwise.html Ask them, and it would be nice if you'd report back if one of those products can do that :-) Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer ...

Slow PB connection to MSAccessDB in Netware 5.0 when the User has Erase Rights in Netware
We are using a PowerBuilder application and are having some performance problems related to the Novell Erase privilege. The Users have Create, Read & Write privileges. If we add the Erase Privilege to the users, the initial connection time changes to 2 minutes instead of 5 seconds. The Novell NetWare 5.0 server is hosting an Access MDB file that our PowerBuilder application accesses over the network. Only the MDB is accessed over the network since the executable and PowerBuilder DLL's are installed locally on each client. Clients are using the Client32 logon and experience ...

[...]

Netware 4.x 2-user demo copy
Does anyone remember when Novell gave away promotional 2-user licensed copies of Netware 4.1 (4.11?) on CD? As a trainer and dealer-based techy I used to have tons of copies floating around but, alas no longer (believe me, I have checked!!). I have a situation where a VERY old Netware 3.12 server has died and the original install disks are long gone. The server is hosting data for an application that *expects* the files to reside on a mapped Netware drive - it simply won't work to a M$ share due to the compilation switches used (we get all sorts of 'file in use errors'. W...

Restrict user by not allowing to copy or move file to other location other than his downloaded one using dotnet
Following is the security that I need to implement:  1) User downloads the excel file to his desktop from a website. (No issues) 2) Once downloaded user should be able to open and do changes and save. (No issues) 3) He should not be able to copy or move file to other location other than his downloaded one. (Need help on this requirement) Can you please suggest how can I acheive 3rd requirement using dotnet? Please suggest how can I approach to acheive above requirement? If any alternative solution please suggest on same? Thanks Ameer #3 is not possible, you basically want t...

Web resources about - restrict user copy , allow user read in netware - novell.support.netware.4x

Facebook Releases Second Global Government Requests Report, Adds Requests To Restrict, Remove Content ...
... the release of the second edition of its Global Government Requests Report , and this time around, it added government requests to restrict ...

Citing Legal Risks, Facebook Restricts Employee Stock Sales
Facebook implemented a new policy against insider stock trading last Friday. The point is to keep employees with stock to sell from getting in ...

ACT government restricts lottery sales to daytime
ACT government introduces restrictions on times tickets and scratchies can be sold in Canberra.

Protests as Spain restricts abortions (00:43)
RAW VISION: pro-choice demonstrators shout slogans during a protest against their government on abortion issues in Madrid, Spain.

Restrict immigration and take the pressure off our infrastructure
The article &quot;Traffic jam costs tipped to hit $700m&quot; (May 22, p1) quotes Infrastructure Australia chairman Mark Birrell.

Sanctioned Russia 'may restrict airspace'
Russia's PM says his country may block flights through its airspace if it's faced with further sanctions.

Forbidden City to restrict visitor numbers
Forbidden City, the former imperial palace in the heart of Beijing, will begin limiting how many tourists it admits, amid worries that its popularity ...

Google restricts 'revenge porn' pic access
Google will allow people whose nude pictures have been posted on websites without their permission to have the image links blocked from its search ...

Federal aviation authorities shouldn't be able to restrict the shape of our cities
News that Parramatta Council is taking on the Federal Government's aviation authorities who seem to want to restrict Parramatta's growth will ...